• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Heroes Mafia: Day 7 ends! Nabe and Circus wins! Zen dies in end game!

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Nabe - Red Ryu
Red Ryu - Nabe, Zen

With 3 alive, it takes 2 to lynch.

Red Ryu (Blackbolt, town day-roleblocker) has been lynched!

Nabe (Scarecrow, mafia Janitor) grins himself an evil little grin.

He's a master planner, and has waited for just this moment.

Zen (Deadpool, town eternal chatterbox) has been endgamed!

Nabe (Scarecrow) and Circus (Twoface / [Hep] Harvey Dent) win! The heroes are dead!

Roles and comments later. It's a shame this game can't be replayed again with the setup, because this was my favorite game. Even better than FF6!

Good job to the dark scum team.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Again, it was odd Nabe finally had a town read on me. Anyways, gj Zen.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Ranmaru, I sometimes don't understand where your head is at.

Great job Nabe. You seemed so confident in wanting to kill yourself D6 is gave everyone a town read on you. Props fo' sho.

Man, Zen :-/ thought you had it. Nabe immediately dropped his gambit once the wagon swayed off him. Hindsight 20/20 I guess.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Oh, and Circus and Hep were the same person. I contacted him prior to the game start to give him some of my background, show him my facebook.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
@Kuz: Meaning nabe usually is fine with me going but said my play was town here this time around without saying a thing. (Usually he goes by POE with me)

not a scum tell tho. Just me being nitpicky

It was because you were busy or something

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
@Kuz: Meaning nabe usually is fine with me going but said my play was town here this time around without saying a thing. (Usually he goes by POE with me)

It was because you were busy or something
Why would you congratulate Zen for picking wrong in LYLO? Were you being sarcastic or did you just not comprehend that town lost?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Course I did. I said gj TRYING. I'm not gonna dump all the salt on him. In fact earlier I don't remember wanting nabe lynched. So it's not all his fault.

Sometimes townies r wrong.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Def No MVP for this game imo.

I could only vig ppl who dropped hammer that Day phase or voted for me at the end of the Day. I kept trying to convince Zen to let Nabe hammer so I could vig in but it's impossible to get him to cooperate *smh*

:059:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Sorry I wasn't so helpful I was berry over loaded with games. -X_X-

That's why i hammered circus

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'm still deciding on MVP. It's pretty much a tie between Circus and Nabe, really.

If town would have won, MVP would have gone to Gheb or Rad Fiction. Radical Fiction did an excellent job early game and stuck to fundamentals, but he started to fall apart some towards the end. Gheb tried sooooooo hard to use his ability the way he wanted XD

Also X1 killed himself in his first post.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Gheb, Nabe pretty much gambited his way out of a sure lynch. I think he definitely deserves it.

U being nerfed was beside the point.

x1 died because he wasnt allowed to vote unless it wasn't a hammer.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Gheb, Nabe pretty much gambited his way out of a sure lynch. I think he definitely deserves it.
Not an achievement imo but w/e. If mod think he deserves it I'm not making a big fuss out of it. Just saying that nobody had a MVP performance this game imo and as mod I wouldn't give a dice for this game *shrug*

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I think this is everyone.

Overswarm said:
Welcome to Super Heroes mafia, Dark Horse. You are Spiderman, evading townie.

You're the friendly neighborhood spiderman! You're awesome and witty and everyone loves you so much you've been rebooted twice in a decade. That said, you're bigger talents lie more in your evasive abilities rather than your offensive abilities. You basically just dodge and avoid bad guys until you can knock them out.

Passive abilities:
Spider Sense – If you are Night Killed by a mafia member, you will be removed from the game instead of killed. You will be added back in after the next Night phase ends. You may not talk in any masonries while removed from the game.

Win condition: You win when all threats to your faction have been eliminated.
HIDDEN:
Upon spider-man’s removal from the game, he will be attacked by the symbiotic creature, turning him into the “black suit” venom-esque spider-man. He then is able to search out one player each Night to determine if they are mafia. The moment he discovers a mafia faction, he joins them.

Overswarm said:
Welcome to Super Heroes mafia, Moriarty. You are Batman, town tinkerer.

You witnessed your parents being murdered in front of your eyes by a petty criminal and went on to live your life with your butler Alfred taking care of you. Despite having the best possible circumstances for this tragedy, you grew up to be a man who dresses like a bat and uses ninjutsu and gadgets to take out criminals of all kinds.

We don't know why you didn't just use your money to economically strengthen the city like your parents did, since it was their death that basically sent Gotham in a crime spiral, but we thank you for it because Batman is awesome.

Active abilities:

Gadgets- Each Night, you may pick one of the options below. Each action may only be used once, regardless of if it fails or succeeds.

Tracker- Choose target player. You will receive information on who that player visited, if anyone, for that Night.

Smoke bombs- No one may be targeted by a Night Action for that Night. This includes factional Night kills. (actions that self-target the player using them still go through)

Binoculars- Choose target player. You will be told if anyone visited that player that Night.
Overswarm said:
Welcome to Super Hero Mafia, Gheb. You are Wolverine, town vigilante.

You're rude, violent, and like to call people Bub. But you've been working on the rude and violent thing. Bub is here to stay, but the rude and violent thing is more of a Sabertooth trait and you don't like that guy. Not being able to go around killing willy-nilly limits you a bit for sure, but it makes you out to be more of a good guy rather than a raging murderous Canadian.

Active abilities:
Vigilante- Each Night, you may choose a player to kill.

Restrictions:
Vengeance – You may only use your Vigilante ability on someone who was voting for you at the end of the Day or someone who cast the final vote on a successful lynch of a town player.

[/QUOTE]

Overswarm said:
Welcome to Super Heroes Mafia, Rajam. You are The Tick, town distraction.

You're like a camel that somehow learned to use an elevator, you're the glossy finish on one of those glossy magazines with pictures of beautiful women on it but on the inside gives you valuable information on how to live your life, you're the lucky penny of justice, you are THE TICK!

You're bright blue and loud and are really, really impressed by the modern toaster.

Active abilities:
SPOON! – Use this action during the Night phase. The first successful kill in the Night Action Resolution will affect you instead of its intended target.

Overswarm said:
Welcome to Super Hero Mafia, Red Ryu. You are Blackbolt, town day-roleblocker.

A superhero of monumental power, you have given a vow of silence. Simply speaking is enough to mess up even the most powerful of superheroes. Because of that... you can't write posts using text very often. Read on for clarification, and feel free to PM me any questions.

Active abilities:
Debilitate- Each Day, you may only make one post with text; make it count. Whoever you quoted first in that post is unable to use any abilities that Night; it will be PMed to them immediately that they cannot use any abilities that Night.

Restrictions:

Silence- You may not post any text, only images and emoticons. Your images may be animated. Your images may have text, but may not be a simple placeholder for a message (no images you create with text on them, images with a clear statement or message via text, etc., etc.). Focus on using just plain old images without text, or using images that have arbitrary text to express ideas. Posting an image that says “I think Overswarm is scum” is against the rules. Avoid memes that simply have a picture in the middle with text at the top and bottom that describe your statements.

You can ask me about images you want to post if you are unsure. You may not change the names of the images or add in a secret message in any way. Posting any image against the rules such as no profanity (this includes game rules, like no screenshots) will result in your death immediately for breaking posting restrictions.

You can only post text via game-related commands such as Vote: (name), Unvote, FoS: name, etc., etc. This includes masonries. You may communicate with the mod as per normal.

You are not affected by posting rules such as “you must post once every 72 hours” and cannot be prodded. Don't be a drag for town!

Overswarm said:
Welcome to Super Hero Mafia, GLG. You are Colossus, town bodyguard.

You're not the brightest hero out there and your powers are pretty limited, but you've got a good heart and a strong sense of justice. And a thick Russian accent.

Active abilities:
Bodyguard- Each Night, you may choose a player. If they would be Night Killed, you will die in their stead.

Overswarm said:
Welcome to Super Hero Mafia, Beatstick. You are Boba Fett, town Jailer.

Sure, you're not technically super and you're not technically a hero. But you're a mercenary, and that means you're only as good as the money that bought you! Someone out there that your services would be helpful, so you were hired to come in and stop the bad guys. I hope no one out there watched Star Wars.

Active abilities:

Proximity Mine- During the Night phase, you may PM me the name of a player. This player will be mined, and the player that hammers them will cause the mine to explode, killing the person who hammered them at the beginning of Twilight. If the player that has the mine attached to them uses an ability on a player, the mine will switch to that player instantly. This ability may only be used once. This ability follows the Night Action Resolution order, so it may switch hands multiple times in the Night. The mine will not explode the Night it is used.

Jailer- Each Night, you may choose a player. This player cannot use any abilities or be the target of any abilities. You may not choose yourself. Any items they may be carrying (such as your proximity mine) will then be in your possession and not be given back. All items you receive will be “live”, so the proximity mine will still explode upon a hammer vote. This is the first Night Action in the Night Action Resolution.

Overswarm said:
Welcome to Super Hero Mafia, Ryker. You are Hellboy, town backup.

You're tough, you like guns, and you're a bit unpredictable and you are also red. But compared to all these superheroes, you're not quite up to par. Lucky for you though, you're a fast learner.

Active abilities:

Backup- At any point in the game, choose a living player. Upon their death, you will be given their abilities and restrictions as if they were yours. This will only occur if they are town. The player must be alive when chosen and you cannot choose someone that has been hammered. You will receive only the abilities left from that player; one-use abilities that have been used will not be given to you.

Overswarm said:
Welcome to Super Hero Mafia, Gheb. You are Wolverine, town vigilante.

You're rude, violent, and like to call people Bub. But you've been working on the rude and violent thing. Bub is here to stay, but the rude and violent thing is more of a Sabertooth trait and you don't like that guy. Not being able to go around killing willy-nilly limits you a bit for sure, but it makes you out to be more of a good guy rather than a raging murderous Canadian.

Active abilities:
Vigilante- Each Night, you may choose a player to kill.

Restrictions:
Vengeance – You may only use your Vigilante ability on someone who was voting for you at the end of the Day or someone who cast the final vote on a successful lynch of a town player.

Overswarm said:
Welcome to Super Hero Mafia, TheKuzinator. You are Superman, town Hero.

You're the Man of Steel, invincible to all save for some green rock from outer space! Since that's pretty limited, you can pretty much do what you want, except to other Superheroes... since you gave them Kryptonite for some reason. Unfortunately you aren't telepathic; if you were you'd be the best there is... but even the biggest guns need to know what to point at. You don't have to worry about being killed in the Night, but make sure you lead town correctly.

Passive abilities:
Immunity- You cannot be affected by Night Actions, good or bad. You can be targeted, but the ability won't affect you.

Overswarm said:
Welcome to Super Hero Mafia, Zen. You are Deadpool, town eternal chatterbox.

The merc with the mouth is a useful ally in any fight, but he can be a bit distracting sometimes. You weren't invited to this party but with so many superheroes showing up you're sure something is going on. Maybe if you aren't TOO rude they won't try to beat you up?

Passive abilities:

Eternal- You may post during the Night Phase and after you die. This includes masonries. You may not vote during the Night phase or after your death and do not count in the vote counts.

Active abilities:

Chatterbox- During the Night while you are alive, choose one player. You will then be able to communicate with that player outside of the thread via the quicktopic I will give you. No information other than that you both can speak to each other outside the thread will be given to either of you. This ability may only be used once; should that player die or be removed from the game, you will not get another masonry. Upon revival or reinstatement to the game, that masonry will not reactivate.

Restrictions:
At the end of each Night, your post count must be one of the top 5 surviving players (mods do not count). If it isn’t, you will die at the start of the next Day phase. If you’ve already died and your post count isn’t in the top 5 surviving players, that Night your mouth will be sewn up and you will lose the “Eternal” and “Chatterbox” abilities. You can't die and have your mouth sewn up at the same time. Get to posting!

Overswarm said:
Welcome to Superhero Mafia, Circus. You are Twoface, mafia dual player.

You don't know where all these superheroes came from, but you don't care. You've got enough petty muscle to take most of 'em out if chance allows it. You just gotta be careful not to stick your head out too far.

You've already been given this info, but here's a recap. You are given two accounts for this mafia game. One of them is for “Two Face” and the other for “Harvey Dent”. They function as two separate players, but when one of them dies, the other dies as well. They both get their own votes, are affected separately by actions, etc., etc., and you control both. Your mafia partner is not told about this other account, so it's up to you to explain.

Two Face account:

Active abilities
Coin Flip Kill- Each Night, choose a player. Heads they live, tails they die. The moderator will flip a coin and show if they die. (literally)

Bullet Proof- You cannot be killed via a Night Action.

Mafia communication:
You may speak with your mafia partner Nabe (Scarecrow, mafia janitor) in the quicktopic here:
http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/tWyuJccF6rj

Safe Claim name possibilities: Charles Xavier, Cat Woman, Aqua Man, The Flash, Wonder Woman

Win Condition: You win when all threats to your faction are eliminated or it is otherwise impossible for your faction to lose.

Harvey Dent account:
Investigate- Each Night, choose a player. You will be told their alignment and name.
You will show up as Town in all investigations.

Win Condition: You win when all threats to your faction are eliminated or it is otherwise impossible for your faction to lose.
Overswarm said:
Welcome to Super Heroes Mafia, Nabe. You are Scarecrow, mafia Janitor.

You don't know what happened, but this place is crawling with superheroes! You might not be powerful enough to get rid of them directly, but you're crafty enough to turn them on one another...

Active abilities:

Fake Masonry- At Night, choose a player. You can form a masonry with them, but you choose the character in the game you’d like to pose as. The message will read “You have been put in a Masonry with (character name). You may communicate in the thread (here)”. If the person you are masoned with dies, you may choose a new target.

Bleach- Each Night, you may opt to use this ability on a player to replace a single player’s role and alignment with question marks if they die, making their flip hidden to all but you. This ability may not be used two consecutive nights in a row.

Master Planner – Should a tie occur between you and a single other player at End Game, you will win that confrontation.

Mafia communication:
You may speak with your mafia partner Circus (Twoface, mafia dual player) in the quicktopic here:
http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/tWyuJccF6rj

Safe Claim name possibilities: Charles Xavier, Cat Woman, Aqua Man, The Flash, Wonder Woman

Overswarm said:
Welcome to Super Heroes mafia, X1-12. You are Harely, mafia troublemaker.

You're tied to Mister J at the hip and will do anything he wants the moment he asks! Unfortunately this has brought some attention to you two and now you need to plan carefully to stay off the radar of all these super heroes!

Active abilities:
Forged Note- Each Night, you may pick a player. They will be notified that (a player of your choosing) either A) was sent to kill them, but that attempt failed or B) thinks they’re dumb. Your choice.

Evil Gift- Choose a player. They will be notified that they have been given a gift by a player of your choosing. They may choose on the following Night to open the gift or to give it to another player. Whoever opens the gift and whoever has held the gift (including members of your alignment that have been given the gift) will be unable to vote for the following Day. This ability may only be used once.

Executioner- you may not vote unless it is a hammer. If you vote and it is not a hammer, you will be killed that Night.

Mafia communication:
You may speak with your mafia partner Vanderzant (Joker, mafia trickster) in the quick topic here:
http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/k36AnW87FdQ

Safe Claim name possibilities: Jean Grey / Phoenix, Cyclops, Hulk, Iron Man, Cable, Green Lantern

Overswarm said:
Welcome to Super Hero Mafia, Vanderzant. You are Joker, mafia trickster.

So you're just trying to have a little fun in one tiny city and what happens? You call down a fleet of superheroes! Who knew you were so popular? Luckily you're much, much smarter than them.. you're sure of it. Either way, you'll have tons of fun turning them against one another. You're low in number, but you can do it... right?

Active abilities:

Pick a Card- Each Night, you may choose one person (other than Harley or yourself) to be player A and another to be player B (again not Harley or yourself). Player A will then be given the following options to do to player B:
A) Muzzle- target player cannot vote the following day
B) Kill- target player is killed
C) Inquire- you will be told target player’s alignment (this will always turn up as mafia, unbeknownst to the players)
D) Time Bomb- target player will kill whoever hammers them if they are lynched the following Day

Prior to using this ability, you tell me whether you want player A’s choice to actually be used on by player B on player A or player A on player B. Player A will not be notified of this.
Once A, B, C, or D is used, it cannot be used by another player and is removed from the list.
The player may choose “none of the above”, and if they don’t choose before the Night ends none will be chosen. They won't be told this directly.

Video letter: Each Night, you may send a message to me to transfer to another player. It will come as a message from an "anonymous player". This message may contain anything, but cannot break any of smashboard's rules or the game's rules.

Night Kill- Each Night, you may choose to kill a player by sending Harley to do your dirty work. If either you or Harley are roleblocked or interrupted in any way, the ability fails. If Harley dies, the following Night you will go to do the kill.

Mafia communication:
You may speak with your mafia partner X1-12 (Harley, mafia troublemaker) in the quick topic here:
http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/k36AnW87FdQ

Safe Claim name possibilities: Jean Grey / Phoenix, Cyclops, Hulk, Iron Man, Cable, Green Lantern

Win Condition: You win when all threats to your faction are
eliminated or it is otherwise impossible for your faction to lose.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Shoutouts:

Zen - :urg:
Nabe - GGs, I was so close though >_<
X1-12 - You were the only scumbag I had a town read on lol
KevinM - Wasn't actually in the game :c
Circus - Welcome back to dGames, mofo
HepAlien - Hi Rebecca :bee:
Ranmaru - What do you ask all that stuff for? I never see you make use of it =/

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Btw, I think it is pretty ironic that Moriarty was in this game and had to drop the picture-talking thing he did while someone else had that actual restriction and made it to lylo.

I was heavily disappointed in KevinM's play this game; he used exactly 0 abilities and that reeeeeeally hurt town. It kind of balanced out with the whole X1 killing himself and town accidentally lynching someone who didn't know he was mafia on D1, but eh. KevinM could have turned this game around by a huuuuuuuuge factor. The smoke bombs alone would have been huge. :(

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
<3 Smokebombs...

@Gheb: I try to! I don't get what you do when you play. Just post reads and lynch?... I dunno. I have noticed sometimes I ask ppl their reads and I have FORGOTTEN to follow up but I do not think this was the case.

Again it's not that I play thinking "I should ask a ton of questions" it's just that I generally do ask alot because I think alot... I see something, and then something comes to mind... : [

Rly I'm trying to improve but bleh. Don't know how else to CATCH scum.

I was told that you have to make ppl clarify things they have said earlier.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Really cool setup.

X1's roles didn't seem particularly powerful, though.

KevinM didn't use ANY of his abilities?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
"I'm not scum.

Nabe, his role and abilities have been shaky his guilty was wrong, his other powers did little to nothing, his only proven power is the mason. A Batman has flipped already. He has a ton of holes in his play, vote wise, he jumped onto lynches late everything.

The only thing that make his claim slightly believable is the Batman confirmation from the mod. "

Legit

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
uNdurHolidays

ok so dig this. I was just watching The Dark Night and I'm like where is the Feds with all this ish going on? I mean the Joker is there blastin hosipitals and prisons and killing judges and police commissioners and the federal government doesn't think to get involved?
That's cool, I watched The Dark Knight the other day too. ;)

oh so hey, we won.
I really did plan to post a big honking case, you should've been more patient. Maybe I'd have stubbed my toe on it.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9G18qHPhcM

OS: Awesome setup, thanks for the invite. Really enjoyed myself. Sorry about my minimal effort in lategame. I honestly didn't think I'd make it without the night kill, but hey.

Vand/JTB: We killed you because you were quiet. In a small faction game, I think you have to be more dynamic than you were. At the time, I guess you had to worry about sole survival because of losing X1, which was bad luck, but by then and for a long while, we had it in our heads to kill you. We never imagined you were scum; we needed your night kill, haha. Too bad the Gheb kill didn't go through, could've been a different game altogether.

Gheb: Sorry for killing you. It's a good thing we did, as I'm sure you wouldn't have listened to what I had to say late-game. At the time, we were worried that you were BP because of Wolverine's healing ability. But we really had to take risks to get ahead. I guess I was right when I said that you no-shot every night. :awesome:

X1: Sucks about your luck. I'd never have guessed that you died the way you did, and that left me very unsure about how to look at this setup. So in a way, you almost took me out! Congrats.

Circus: Three cheers! You did well. Your early play as Hep was great, and throughout you kept up that persona very well. In D1 I was worried because your own slot was looking scummy. Sometimes I needed you to take risks quickly, like tearing off a band-aid, and you never quite got there; bussing me, for instance. Nabe/Ran looked viable imo, and it really put us in a bad place losing two players and our kill all at once. Thanks for taking someone with you, that was very helpful. Again, congrats.

Ryu: Sorry about how it turned out. You certainly put in the effort. You played a good game, and if the remaining players had been different, I wouldn't have managed to call you scum and get away with it. Don't be so willing to trust in old partners; I chose you not because of FE, but because from a town perspective you were the best mason choice and that would make me look better. That you trusted me was very helpful early game, and until lylo I knew you still weren't sure about me. Ryker can be an unlikable guy, but that doesn't make him scummy.

Zen: You, thorn in my side! You were almost my undoing on so many occasions, and I didn't even know it most of the time. If you had died and gone on to talk for the rest of the game, you'd have been a voice of reason and we'd have lost. Aside from that, you also proved to be troublesome by picking Ryu along with me N1, meaning that if something went wrong with Ryu, I couldn't just kill him to do away with the evidence. Grrrr. In the end, I'm not sure what I did to convince you that Ryu was scum.

Ryker: Sorry. When you started going for Ryu alongside me, I was sure you were an indy, so I didn't feel too bad about your lynch. I also felt better about my chances in lylo without you, you're very convincing as you know, and you had a lot more town actions as material. Sucks about Swiss never quite coming into the game.

GLG: That cop claim on you was just silly. I can't believe I survived all game after that on moxy and grit alone. Get in the game more, post more, take charge more.

Beat: Good play from you, I thought. Your character claim did you in, and honestly it was easy to tie you to X1 in a pinch, through no fault of your own.

Kuz: sup

Ran: Sometimes, your reads are better than the reasoning that explains them. :c If you had been a vig or cop, we'd have been in trouble. As it is, you need to work on convincing people that you're right. You already know that, though. Good game.

Raj: You played a good D1, I thought. I didn't agree with others that you were scummy, but for the sake of blending in a bit, I went with it. I thought you made some good points.

DH: I thought you were scummy. :( Not much else to say. After your flip, I thought that the other faction might have known about your existence, which threw off my analysis too.

Good game, all.

Top Bottom