• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Heroes Mafia: Day 7 ends! Nabe and Circus wins! Zen dies in end game!

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Why did you think I was indy? I had to not have a night kill. What was my win objective? How was I playing toward a win objective that wasn't town? Why in the **** did you not address it in thread?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Oh yeah, super props to Circus playing as two different people, that's pretty amazing ngl

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Commentary on the game:

This is my favorite setup. It combines what I feel to be an equal amount of chance/luck for both sides as a whole, puts the two mafia setups at a stark disadvantage early game but allows them to easily build their advantage.

Joker/Harley can cause confusion and damage directly to town and the other mafia faction.

Scarecrow and Twoface can cause confusion long term and can't rely solely on damage.

In a nutshell, those two groups are the two versions of balanced mafia, and I felt they meshed well with this game.

The basic setup was two powerful, but fragile, anti-town groups coming at two angles. This hurt town greatly, but at the same time tehy could (and did) affect one another to help give town some time to build steam.

Town was powered by a few "power roles", like batman, superman, and blackbolt, but for the most part were defensive in nature. Done properly iwth all knowledge of the game, town can prevent both faction's kills for a lottttttt.

I felt it evened out even with some unforseen things.

Commentary on players as they died...

Dark Horse (Spiderman, evasive Townie / Venom-Spiderman, Hidden Mafia Seeker)

This role was considered to be both weak and strong. Strong in that it must be lynched (it retains its "no mafia NKill" after becoming venom) or killed by wolverine, weak in that it has a huuuuuuge spotlight on it. Also weak in that it reeeeeeally has to switch gears after changing.

But Dark Horse died. Early.

I don't have much to say about Dark Horse's play; Day 1 has a lot of randomness, but I will say this: When your role is scummy, sounds scummy, and is presented as scummy, no good player will say "sounds like mafia, but let us keep him around". They'll lynch you. Instead, just lie. Say "If I'm night killed, I am removed from the game for one day" instead of adding the caveats. Take separate risks with one person rather than all of town.

X1-12 (Harley, Mafia Troublemaker)

Another surprising turn of events, and the poster child of "read your role PM". Venom and Harley both dying immediately, in my mind, solidified the game in Town's favor and ruined vand/jtb's role almost immediately. :(

Harley's executioner ability was actually a boon to mafia as a whole, and ended up screwing someone over because they didn't pay attention D:

Having someone being forced to hammer meant that the moment they claimed "executioner", it made boba fett and wolverine's roles suuuuuuper hard to use. A townie Harley effectively ruins town's vigilante and jailer's proximity mine, and tentatively outs them both.

Rajam (The Tick, Town Distraction)

The coolest hero in the game, and one that I think suits Rajam well. Out of everyone on smashboards, Rajam has been the biggest team player ever. He has never, not once, deviated from town as a whole to "do his own thing". In a game with players like Gheb, zen, RFiction, Nabe, etc., that's a huge asset to town. Rajam's willingness to use this ability at a strong time and play with the end game in mind was awesome. Rajam's only weakness is my fault, and that's reliance on flavor! After playing so many of my games (BBR games are more flavor heavy), it's to be expected.

Other than that, Rajam is an awesome player. English isn't even his first language! I would always want town rajam on my team.

GLG (Colossus, Town Bodyguard)

Fake cop claim = dead, 9/10. Just bad luck. :|

That and town's aggro players (zen, rad fic) were so aggressive about your lynch they were actually asking scum to vote for you and they say "okay". I didn't like you asking zen to claim; that just solidified your lynch. Think of town, not yourself, and you'll make more progress in this situation. Nabe actually voted for himself and said "kill me for town" and had mediocre reasoning, and despite everyne wanting him dead they all stopped. Why? Because his gambit was thinking of town before himself.

When you act selfish, you act scummy.

Vanderzant / JTB (????, ????)

Sorry. >_>

You were in a rock and a hard place. Can't be loud without not making it to end game, can't be quiet without being at the will of night actions and the will of town. Not much you could do.

KevinM (Batman, Town Tinkerer)

Grrr.... You could have turned this game around immediately with some well timed abilities. Batman was meant to be a minor change early game (oh no, no kills on N1? Big whoop.), but a huge game changer late game. I thought you were just saving abilities, but as time went on you just never used your abilities and the low activity put a huuuuuge drag on town.

You were so inactive that Nabe claimed to be your character and ended up winning the game. That's the ball rolling slowly to your court and finding nothing but tumbleweeds there.

Gheb :058: (Wolverine, Town Vigilante)

I'm learning now that you weren't being deliberately scummy, but still, your play throughout this game fit your role well. I you had a more cooperative town it would have gone better, but this was an ego-filled room. Still, you did a pretty good job. Didn't go crazy with your abilities. GJ, was a consideration for town MVP. Died before you could really shine.

Circus (Two Face, mafia dual player)
HepAlien [Circus, (Harvey Dent, Mafia Investigator)]

Awesoooooooooooome.

You and Nabe both deserve MVP. You played very carefully and were really good at stretching the lifespan of both characters out. You made it much more manageable for Nabe, and you two played well off each other. Your plans didn't all work out, but you planned well.

Ranmaru (Superman, town Hero)

Have a purpose in everything you do. You will improve if you follow that rule.

Beatstick (Boba Fett, Town Jailer)

LIE. Lie about your role! XD

Other than that, you did well overall. Nothing outstandingly good or bad, just solid play.

Radical Fiction (Hellboy, Town Backup)

One of town's MVPs, you played solid mafia with a good backbone. Every game needs one of you. HOWEVER, you made the same mistake every major corporation makes: it assumes that what it does early on that is so successful is the same thing that will help them in the end. Your play this game followed a bell curve. Quickly got better, but eventually started sloping downward. The same stuff that made you so awesome in the beginning and middle spelled town's doom towards the end. It was a unique situation, and you didn't really adapt as quickly as you needed to.

Red Ryu (Blackbolt, town day-roleblocker)

You did a good job, but did a lot of things too little too late. You should have realized you'd be a target towards the end, and an easy one, and had protected yourself in advance! It seemed like you were passive until someone pointed at you, then you'd have a burst of activity, and that accentuates scummy feelings others have on you. Gotta be solid the whole game, not just in the end zone.

Zen (Deadpool town eternal chatterbox)

I was impressed with how you played early game; it was very risky, but your role IS risk. I did NOT like your play starting around the middle of the game towards the end. When the "in your face aggro all the time" playstyle stopped being effective, you increased the volume. You made it way too easy for scum to hide and be reactionary.

Think of it this way: if there's one scum and five players, if you pick one person and just tunnel them forever, you have a 25% chance of being right. If you stop and make THEM provide content from scratch without knowing what to say, you have a 100% chance of getting some information you can use to make a better decision.

Slow down when the numbers thin out, and let OTHER people do stuff. Especially at the end, you made your decision on your own instead of giving Nabe the opportunity to make his own noose.

Nabe (Scarecrow, Mafia Janitor)

I originally thought your play with Circus was way too risky, and it was risky, but it paid off huge. Your deliberate attacks on Hep and Circus both were greatly helpful late game, and in fact won you the game.

I didn't like you spoon feeding them all this private info; if I was in the game I would have said "you know way too much" and known something was up and lynched you. But hey, it worked.

running out of time will post more later

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
When did he do that? I was on his *** since he started to try and set up a backdoor for Kevin's counterclaim. In end game I said multiple times that Nabe was the scummier player but that he was roleblocked and harmless at that point.

You being obv scum is what saved him.
I'm too lazy and apathetic to find the post, but sometime in D6 or something you were talking about how you wouldn't be salty if Nabe did end being scum because he swayed you well. I feel like it was around the time that Nabe started offering himself up as the lynch but before he backpedaled.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Bingo, I'm not salty at Nabe. Doesn't change the fact that he was scummy, I thought he was scummy, but I felt we needed to be certain. I'm mad at Zen.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Oh, and Circus and Hep were the same person. I contacted him prior to the game start to give him some of my background, show him my facebook.
This is genius. Wow good stuff, I would have never known.
I could only vig ppl who dropped hammer that Day phase or voted for me at the end of the Day. I kept trying to convince Zen to let Nabe hammer so I could vig in but it's impossible to get him to cooperate *smh*
I just wanted to die O:
Especially considering he quickhammered town later in the phase. Oh gog, Nabe screamed of scum since I've started reading endgame.
You didn't read the whole game so yeah shut up.
I was particularly annoyed by his logic when it came to lynching glg and Ryker

:059:
Lynched glg because he had a guilty. What's so hard to see about that?

Lynched Ryker for no reason.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5bOJT_HtUI

First off, props to Nabe for subverting my lynch attempts all game. I couldn't get Circus lynched because he played that Private Communication triangle. You played well and deserve MVP. Reads mean nothing if you can't get them lynched.

Zen, why the **** wouldn't you listen to me? EVER? You completely ignored my read when I died as well even though you had that flip. You say you were considering a Red Ruy lynch when I died, but you didn't remove your vote and didn't lynch Nabe for quick hammering. You instead, saw fit to leave the vote on the guy who correctly pinned the three flipped scum for what they were. My only bad read was Gheb because I thought he was SK instead of Vig. You came out and opposed a Circus lynch at EVERY opportunity and only ended up lynching him when I pointed out the math behind the choice to lynch him for the bomb (thank you Swiss for figuring that out). Then we get into end game and when I try and point out to you that YOU HAD NO REASON TO SUSPECT ME AS SCUM you set me up to get hammered and instead try and keep Ruy alive because through your QT you thought he was town despite the fact that you were persuaded to lynch him in LyLo. If I was scum, I would've had to have been a nonkilling indy and you wouldn't let that sway your confidence in your QT. You listened to that QT to the exclusion of everything else and it cost us all. You lynched Ruy for coasting over the mountain of things that didn't add up for Nabe. In a straight comparison, Nabe should've died. The only reason I suggested lynching Ruy over Nabe (as I said multiple times) was because he could and did already roleblock Nabe. Lynching them in the proper order was what I was aiming at.

Gheb, I apologize for the misread.

Circus, don't try and get me lynched as scum. It won't work for you.

Kevin, you cost us as much as Zen, maybe more.
Yeah at some point I had an uber town read on on Ryu. I got paranoid that you were indy. We were planning to just lynch you and then just lynch Nabe the next day if the game continued. Reconsidered after you died.
Zen, I'm not sure why you lynched me over Nabe, I refused to vote you because Nabe would have hammered you, you put me in a no win situation and I did the action that looked town, by not giving scum the ability to win with a quick hammer.

To me I also don't see why I was scummier than Nabe, even more so when I was working on answering your questions in the QT, and pointed out why Nabe wasn't fitting his claim.

Maybe there is something I missed but oh well water under the bridge.
Like I said, you never had any interaction with Circus and Hep. Nabe did some serious distancing with them. I decided to take the factual lynch rather than the intuition lynch. Also I didn't understand why you were telling me to do what I felt instead of to lynch Nabe >o>. I didn't feel like either of you were really trying to convince me the other was scum so I just went on my own.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
UTUBE
Zen (Deadpool town eternal chatterbox)

I was impressed with how you played early game; it was very risky, but your role IS risk. I did NOT like your play starting around the middle of the game towards the end. When the "in your face aggro all the time" playstyle stopped being effective, you increased the volume. You made it way too easy for scum to hide and be reactionary.

Think of it this way: if there's one scum and five players, if you pick one person and just tunnel them forever, you have a 25% chance of being right. If you stop and make THEM provide content from scratch without knowing what to say, you have a 100% chance of getting some information you can use to make a better decision.

Slow down when the numbers thin out, and let OTHER people do stuff. Especially at the end, you made your decision on your own instead of giving Nabe the opportunity to make his own noose.
Got it. Thanks for the advice. Funny how you gave me advice after Fire Emblem to stop being so aggro and chatty, then you go ahead and give me eternal chatterbox in this game. It was like letting releasing a whole new level of aggro Zen. I loved it. One of my favorite roles that I have gotten. I was suprised by how much influence I had in all the lynches. We lynched who I wanted everyday haha. Would have been cool if we won though :urg:

But yeah I have been following your advice in other games. I just couldn't help myself in this game. Ummmmmmmmmm

Yeah even though we lost I really enjoyed this game. Your roles are really great. I hope Deadpool can be futured in possible All Stars 2 :D. Circus' role was tight too. Though pulling that one off again probably aint happening anytime soon.

Great game OS.

Ryu: We had a pretty nice alliance going until I betrayed you. It was hard to view your posts as anything but AtE since they were all pics. No matter how much I reread the game and how much time I was given, I probably would have still voted you to be honest. Three things I should have done differently though would be to wait for Nabe to post more, ask him about the names of his abilities (which I was going to do but forgot somehow), and took your last post as town. That was my last test to see who to lynch. At first I was going to vote you if you voted me and reconsider if you continued to argue that Nabe was scum and refuse to vote me. You did kind of half and half. I just didn't think that town would say to hammer them :O. I just wanted more fight from you that I've seen. I guess some meta interupted with this read. Because I had looked over bingo and you were only willing to be lynched if town would still for sure win the game. So I didn't think town Ryu would just allow us to lose.

I was also sad you didn't use the qt as muched as I had hoped for. O:

Nabe: **** you

Circus: Cool stuff man. I can't believe you were Hep. Before knowing this I was just going to talk about how scummy you were, but that definitely deserves props. I think you used that role very well. Only thing I'd reccommend is being more involved with hunting. That's why you felt scummy because you weren't hunting for scum at all >o<

Gheb: Not sure if I missed this, who did you shoot at? Sworn you were indy in the beginning, but you became an asset later on. Should have listened to you more. No I'm just kidding.

Ryker: Yeah like I said. I didn't really ever think you were scum, and you were an asset as well. After your recent indy victory I just got paranoid and didn't think it would matter so long as me and Ryu stuck together and lynched the two of you. I think I know better now. You can count on me in the future, I promise! :hamtaro:

Ran: Don't think I didn't notice you editing that VM. It's not that I hate you, it's just that you call me scum all game every single game no matter what logic or reason I present to you. You never let go. It's like you completely overlook everything that makes sense... You did this in BIM and FE and here.

Beat: What happeeeeeened. You started out playing so town. I feel like you got discouraged or something. You're a really good player when you're trying. I wish you were more involved after d2 with producing your own reads. It just felt like you placed your vote where ever after a while.

X1: Heh

Rajam: Pro sacrifice. You would have been great to keep around. You had like most of the scum pinned early on. You should stop doing those dam catch up reads and just start playing the game when it actually starts haha. It's hard to communicate with you like that. It it's so impossible to read you until later on in the game.

DH: Not sure why you wouldn't vote >.>...

Vandy/JTB: **** you

glg: I probably would have thought you were scum without the guilty, but that's what set it. You're pretty scummy to me for some reason all the time. I'm not even sure why no one else other than scum thought so..

Mori: **** you

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Zen: You are hard to read sometimes and you always think I'm scum too. ;-; This game I tried being town (So I could somehow draw the nk) but then you were like "Ran scum" I just don't know why. Sometimes it can just also be a bit of omgus.

FE, you were trying to play with your role. This was my second time playing with you and I didn't expect that play from you. Anyways I replaced in and had a very hard time trying to defend myself AND scum hunt and it just didn't work.

BIM4, I was very wrong but I just got the thought that scum might want to utilize votes to hide behind. Also you can say I was a LITTLE tainted with your Bim3 scum meta... Anyways, I thought you and july were buddies together when you SEEMED to have wanted to shoot but then deflected to me shooting. She came in to agree about something but I don't remember. You thought I was scum with gova. ;-;

Here, I just didn't like some of your flip flops to other lynches. For example, I was really set on Circus/Hep. But then it was like you didn't care about them for a bit. I also keep forgetting Nabe had some kind of guilty lol.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Firstly thanks to JTB for not only replacing me, but being incredibly optimistic about our situation :p. And thanks to OS for modding and the cool set up.

And wtf did vandie have on me d: <
I'll explain in a sec ;P. It didn't actually have anything to do with you, Zen just assumed it did.

Vand/JTB: We killed you because you were quiet. In a small faction game, I think you have to be more dynamic than you were. At the time, I guess you had to worry about sole survival because of losing X1, which was bad luck, but by then and for a long while, we had it in our heads to kill you. We never imagined you were scum; we needed your night kill, haha. Too bad the Gheb kill didn't go through, could've been a different game altogether.
Real life johns :(. I felt like it was FF6 all over again except I was all alone midway through Day 1 :(.

But ROFL were you intentionally crumbing that you were the janitor? I remeber you saying stuff like "we still need to find the Joker guys!" and the best was when you said "OMG X1 and Vandy viewing the thread!!!" Like wow, I was trying to communicate telepathically with Zen by that stage >.<

Aaaannnd you got your revenge for FF6 :p. Bravo, you did well. Getting a Ryker/Swiss hydra lynched is no easy feat and something to be proud of.

Curiously, if I'd claimed vig before I replaced out, would you have kept me alive for sheer utility? I thought you might of killed us because of info I claimed to have... but I see we were a good kill regardless from your perspective.

Of my own volition. I figured making Hep a girl would make it easier for me to think of her as a separate person and play from her perspective a little differently than I would play from my own. I based her largely off of a friend I actually have in real life (her name is Becky, she loves Gilmore Girls, etc.).

She was lots of fun, though she ultimately felt like more of a burden than anything else on D5. If I could have just bussed her or something without killing myself, that would have made things much easier.

EDIT: Inactives are actually a thing a like to harp on in general, but I do think I relied on that too much in this game. I also don't think I pushed the believability of my fake claims well enough. I really thought Hep would have gotten a free pass after she claimed, but then I stumbled a little.... >__>
Good **** I couldn't imagine trying to play as two people at once. How'd you like that note I sent you lol? For everyone else, I sent this to Hep N1

Video Letter: HepAlien

Dear HepAlien.

I have sent you this message because I believe your intentions are true and town.

To confirm to me that you received this message, end the last sentence of your first post on Day 2 with two periods like so..

You are the first and only person to receive my message toNight.

I have no concrete info to share, though I will give some of my thoughts.

I dislike Gheb but am not sure if they are scum. They possibly may have a PR, as I think there "scummy" play is intentional
-I like Moriarty, and feel there frustration into posting in text is a town tell.
-I like GLG based on vibes
-I like vanderzant based on vibes

If someone claims to be me they must also know what my secret phrase, PTT, stands for. Do not believe them if they do not have an explain for what this stands for.

I will make myself known when the time is right.

Understand that I can not identify myself in the event that you are mafia.

Good luck.

This was Fakeclaim option A, Phoenix, Town Telepath. I really thought Hep was dumbtown and was hoping to manipulate her into pushing certain wagons. I never really thought you (Circus) were that scummy either, but then again I wasn't really onto anyone this game :/.

Haha OK, I guess I must've forgotten how to play as town back then XD

:059:
You reeked of playing "intentionally-scummy-but-has-an-awesome-power-role" I wanted you dead asap.

even though I died immediately, I loved my PR :)

:phone:
It was awesome :p. SO MUCH POTENTIAL OMG!!!!

Yeah, Nabe already said this, but sorry for killing you. If we had known you were Joker, we would have picked someone else. Losing your kill suuuuucked.
:( We needed to form a scum alliance. Well you two didn't, pretty much just us lol.

---

Since I knew X1 was dieing, I planned a 2nd safe claim that was ballsy but incredibly good if it paid off. I figure since our faction was so small, there was likely to be another faction with a kill or at least some indys with kills, and thus thought a town vig would be fairly unlikely. I had the Hulk flavour so I thought that probably would make sense.

Don't like the continual questioning I'm seeing from Nabe. He didn't respond to Circus' answers which to me seems like he didn't really care about the answers he got. He's done this continuously and I'd like to see the fruit of his labour so to speak.

I don't know about Ryker, I'm more interested in Swiss' input tbh, but if Swiss thinks X1 is off then that's probably good enough for me.

Agree with Zen about Rajam being pretty fake.

Very unsure of X1 because he actually hasn't posted much. I thought the way he questioned me earlier felt off, considering it was over something insignificant like a RVS question. Guy was trying hard to pressure but ended up failing miserably, using really short sentences/posts that just don't seem town, coupled with his inactivity makes me want to see him go.

So Zen, you want Rajam first? I'm fine either way. Though why'd you mention Circus as a 3rd play when you didn't mention him in your post? You vs him was tedious but I don't find it scummy from his end.

I want to see Kuz replaced.

I want RR to step up his game.

Unvote Vote Rajam
Damn little old me with the callout on Nabe/Circus :p.

This is why I was trying to show I thought something was up with Zen's vig "claim" (which I would of been if I'd actually been town).

But yeah this would of failed miserably seeing as Gheb was a vig >.<.

GG all!

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Here were my actions from N2 if I hadn't been killed

NK: Beatstick

Pick a Card: Circus = A, Radical Fiction = B
I would like his action to go through.

Anonymous Letter for Circus -

"Dear Circus.

I send you this message because I believe you to be town, despite certain naysayers.

Radical Fiction bothers me. I don't believe his claim of 'backup' to be true at all. It seems that he wanted town to believe that his claim so that they would lynch you over GLG. By doing so, he would 'gain' your power, as well as have a protective role (GLG) targeting him toNight, giving scum a free Night to kill anyone they please. He was very adamant about lynching you and stating that he rather no lynch than lynch GLG.

Be wary of the hydra, Swiss and Ryker are very shifty players.

When the time is right, I will reveal myself and assist you, if you decide to take action against them. Please begin your first post of D3 with two capitalized letters (LIke this) to insure you received this message.

Good luck, and godspeed."

I was banking on Circus thinking that the message and pick a card came from two different people and hoping that he would choose to kill RF.

So Nabe killing me did hurt scum alot, but it didn't matter :p

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Man, apparently I'm just the kind of person people want to send messages to. Would have loved to kill RadFic N2, but unfortunately, I was too busy killing you. :p

The way the message that Hep got was structured, it made me think that the sender wanted me to think it was from Zen (or that it might actually be from Zen). But I didn't find it all that helpful for my own use, so I acknowledged that I received it and then basically forgot about it for the rest of the game.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'd just like to acknowledge two things that are ****ing crazy:

1) 50% chance to kill, gets a kill every time. WTF. It's a coin. Come on.

2) Nabe claimed batman when it wasn't in his safeclaims for no reason I can see, then actively helped to lynch the actual batman, then went on to win in endgame with powers that didn't make sense at all.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I'd just like to acknowledge two things that are ****ing crazy:

1) 50% chance to kill, gets a kill every time. WTF. It's a coin. Come on.
Our kill went through on N1? So we were the ones that took Rajam and the other faction just failed entirely because X1 died?

2) Nabe claimed batman when it wasn't in his safeclaims for no reason I can see, then actively helped to lynch the actual batman, then went on to win in endgame with powers that didn't make sense at all.
Seriously, Nabe's whole deal makes me scratch my head. I think the only thing that saved him was Ryu claiming he got the mod confirmation from you (which I'm sure he did).

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
OS i love your setups and before my game comes up i would appreciate some advice, in fact, i'll send a pm now.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
actually scrap the PM, i would just like a better basis of how to balance flavor/creativity so the game doesn't seem too broken or whatnot; was suprised with how the setup worked but kept the flavor/creativity.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
If it's direct, simply making a counter role won't work.

Oh, town has a cop, but mafia has a godfather.

Balanced? Not exactly. It's balanced in the sense that the cop can now only kill every other mafia member easily instead of just the godfather, or that the godfather can be investigated and literally get a clear ride to victory off of a cleared cop claim.

Balance would be forcing the cop to be a target earlier on by making it to where he can't vote, has to choose an investigative target during the day phase in full view of town, has to choose someone else to get his results for him, his results are posted only after he dies (amnesia cop), etc.

or, balancing with other roles, adding in millers, other cop roles (some false), redirecting abilities, etc.

Basically, you can't ever have a direct power and assume it can't break the game. It can. This can be acceptable, but just know you can have a game with 4 scum and 8 town with one cop and 7 VTs and the one cop could win the game on his investigations alone if he didn't get NKilled.

If you have a vig and he targets mafia all 3 nights, scum loses. They're just done. A good vig choice can be awesome, but giving them free reign and them making the right choice randomly? Destroys scum balance. Likewise, giving mafia a killing ability and giving town only one or two power roles to balance things can lead to a lynch to one and a kill to other.

Gauge how much randomness you are wiling to allow, then pick a few "core roles" in the game you know you want to have, and then simply play damage control with the rest.

Some of the roles in this game, like spider-man and superman, were meant only to give a strong townie a good ability to make them feel safe to play as a strong townie (even though spidey was hidden maf) while others like Colossus and The Tick were meant to be sacrificial roles that help Town at the expense of their own player slot.

TL;DR, make as few direct things as possible. Is he a vig? WHEN can he be a vig and what does he need to do. Is he a mafia member? How does he mesh with the other mafia members? How much do they need their partners and do they fall apart if one dies randomly?

Takes a lot of thought and planning, but watering down roles or making them very difficult to use is generally a way of self balancing.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
How did HepAlien work in numbers?

Circus v Hep v town v town. I assume it's not a scum win, right?

No I didn't really read, but I really am curious. That role is just so incredible.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
How did HepAlien work in numbers?

Circus v Hep v town v town. I assume it's not a scum win, right?

No I didn't really read, but I really am curious. That role is just so incredible.
That would have been a scum win, actually. As far as I can tell. Other than the fact that I controlled both accounts and both accounts would die at the same time, Circus and Hep were basically treated as different people. In a situation where it's Circus/Hep vs. Townie/Townie, I have to win because there's no way the town can get a majority for the lynch. Even if we NL, I would just keep trying to NK one of them until it went through.

X1-12

Smash Champion
@OS:

1.) Was I meant to have a kill if the Joker died? It said nothing about a kill in my role PM

2.) Did my N1 Actions occur? Or beaten to priority my be dying

I find it funny how everyone is shouting how scummy Nabe was for getting an incorrect guilty on a player, when there actually was a role in this game that could make that happen :p

Overswarm

is laughing at you
You get no kill if the Joker died.

Your Night actions didn't go through, you died first.

I also found that hilarious, x1 XD

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Yeah Red Ryu got that fake guilty on Zen N1 :p. The idea of him trying to explain his guilty with pictures seemed hilarious to me. I thought it would of derailed town heaps on D2, but I guess the masonry stuffed that plan up lol.

Matunas

I'm a monster!
BRoomer
NNID
Matunas
This game was a ton of fun to read. OS this was a fantastic setup. Congrats to Nabe and Circus.

Swiss

Smash Lord
I'm still deciding on MVP. It's pretty much a tie between Circus and Nabe, really.

If town would have won, MVP would have gone to Gheb or Rad Fiction. Radical Fiction did an excellent job early game and stuck to fundamentals, but he started to fall apart some towards the end. Gheb tried sooooooo hard to use his ability the way he wanted XD

Also X1 killed himself in his first post.

Did anyone else read; 'Radical Fiction did an excellent job when it was Swiss and Ryker working together, not Ryker playing solo'?

GJ to Clown. I forget my scum reads but Hep was deffo at the top. Ryker can let y'all know how close I was. Forget my Nabe stance, all my town reads were right.

Not read the last 3/4 days of this game, so I'll assume Gheb and Ryker carried.

Beat!

Smash Master
I thought I did a decent job D1, but I was downright terrible from D2 and onwards. Sorry guys.

GJ Nabe.

Really fun game, OS. You gave me a pretty ****ty character though :C

:phone:

Top Bottom