• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Ganon Time Again

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
The items part really looked awesome. Ganon + items = G tier. The glitches were pretty funny too.

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
guaranteed warlock punches out of gerudo due to having a fire flower.

Ganon's not the worst character in the game, Sakurai just made his playstyle revolve around items.

I saw lagless Uairs and Dairs as well. This has also convinced me to learn ISJR and airdodge FOG for mindgame purposes.

edit: and apparently Ganon's lower leg goes into the Y axis during F tilt. cool stuff. The japanese are amazing

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Pay attention to the SJRs and Flight of Ganons, guys. That **** is relevant. On Battlefield, fighting Snake? You have to pull that or nooby Snakes will run into the air and not be murdered for it. :ganondorf:

Funny stuff.

Oh, and check out 4:01. Ganon's ftilt uses the z-axis.

thexsunrosered

Smash Lord
I brought up ISJR like two months ago and said that it was really important and useful and was SHOT DOWN. Now that the japanese do it it's the ****ing **** though right >.>

Edit: Okay so I knew just about all the stuff in the video until the items part came on... then my head exploded

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
I brought up ISJR like two months ago and said that it was really important and useful and was SHOT DOWN. Now that the japanese do it it's the ****ing **** though right >.>

Edit: Okay so I knew just about all the stuff in the video until the items part came on... then my head exploded
Oh, I doubt that you were shot down over ISJR not being useful. The thing about ISJR for Ganon is that it's basically impossible to master, and as such is pretty much totally impractical. For all the effort that it would take to master ISJR aerials, a Ganon player would probably be able to chainchoke everybody else in the cast to death. Twice.

thexsunrosered

Smash Lord
Oh, I doubt that you were shot down over ISJR not being useful. The thing about ISJR for Ganon is that it's basically impossible to master, and as such is pretty much totally impractical. For all the effort that it would take to master ISJR aerials, a Ganon player would probably be able to chainchoke everybody else in the cast to death. Twice.
no really, when I told Noob and TP that I had an AT for them, first they did this
:p
then I told them it was the ISJR, they already knew about it, but I told them that it actually has in game applications.
then they looked like this
:urg:
followed by
:laugh:

:(

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
... what?

Dude, I'm already stringing three uairs together, and two consistently. I have the setup for the first SJR down pat.

Plus apparently my controller was broken (I actually can dashdance, omfg), so who knows what else?

ISJR lets you move vs Ice Climbers. Nuff. Said.

Chainchoking is more likely to be a flop. Perfect Shielding wake-up attacks seems worthy, though. If only I could get someone - SOMEONE - to control P2 for me offline.

Oh yes, and Stomp -> Footstool -> bounce combo. ****. I should know that.
This is what Gleam's tech thread is supposed to be for. I have to guard over that.... but so big....

:034:

R00R

Smash Journeyman
WTF is ISJR

Sorry Im a melee player lol
I just think these videos are funny

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
i think its easy. i can do it like no problem about 10 times in a row. But its really hard to do in a real match if its not freeplay >.<
Helloooooooo, exactly what I was saying. Actual fighting changes the dynamics fast enough often enough that using ISJR aerials all the time is practically impossible.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
i think its easy. i can do it like no problem about 10 times in a row. But its really hard to do in a real match if its not freeplay >.<
Huh?

You can either do it or not. A real match works the same as one played anywhere else (except training mode, ... >_<)

I used the technique to only get 1-stocked by the Ice Climbers played by one of the top 3 finishers at the tourney I last attended. Got damage on that stock.

(I did it by spiking him at 0.)

:p

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
There's a easier way you could buffer the third jump of ISJR; FH NAir with Y, DJ NAir, then right before you hit the ground you should ALWAYS be able to use a third jump.

I've already put this into my bait and punishment game.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Pay attention to the SJRs and Flight of Ganons, guys. That **** is relevant. On Battlefield, fighting Snake? You have to pull that or nooby Snakes will run into the air and not be murdered for it. :ganondorf:

Funny stuff.

Oh, and check out 4:01. Ganon's ftilt uses the z-axis.
Ganondorf's F-tilt DOESN'T actually use the z-axis. It uses space-time warp glitches.

Let me explain. Motion in video games is not completely fluid. In one frame, you are in one location, and in the next frame, you are in another location.

The reason why Wolf is able to Side-B through stages is because his Side-B moves so fast that the distance it moves from one frame to another is actually calculated to end up in a spot that is beyond where the stage is in his way.

In a similar way, Ganon's F-tilt, his leg is just teleporting through those Aura spheres.

In any video game in general, if you can get your character to move at very high speeds, it's possible to completely bypass objects (even solid walls) just because the game can't calculate interpolated motion.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Well, when Vex came over, after playing doubles Ganon in teams against a bunch of people, we got another two people to play Ganon with us and made our own version of SGT, with all the shenanigans we love... of course it's all so much more epic in person when you hear all the yelling and comments :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLzADaNvQZI

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Well, when Vex came over, after playing doubles Ganon in teams against a bunch of people, we got another two people to play Ganon with us and made our own version of SGT, with all the shenanigans we love... of course it's all so much more epic in person when you hear all the yelling and comments :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLzADaNvQZI
Stop reviving old threads. /joking.

I'd like to see how it'll turn out.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Dang, well, reviving an old thread is better than making a new one :p

Also, everyone should have SGTs at every tournament always.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
I think this just might become the new tournament standard, and Ganon will take his rightful place as first on the tier list.

inb4logic

Top Bottom