• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
They easily get angry whenever you point to them how their logic makes the speculation boring too.
The worst part is when people assume that if you want to discuss characters that aren't the usual predictions, you want to discuss Piranha Plant-tier stuff. It's not that black and white, considering the characters in the FPs that weren't common predictions are nowhere near Piranha Plant.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Exactly. I totally understand if people want to argue that Isaac is unlikely, because in all honesty he is. AT's may not hard de-confirm, but having both a current AT and a Mii Costume are certainly two strikes against him. That said, there is still evidence to show that Isaac still has both fan demand and possible modern relevance, in addition to the fact that Sakurai has constantly shown that fan rules are meant to be broken. And what if we get a Min Min vs Springman situation where we end up getting Matthew or Felix instead of Isaac but they still basically play the same? You can argue that Isaac's chances are 50%, 40%, 20%, 1%, even 0.00001%, but to say with all confidence that the chance is absolute zero is just a pathetic example of straight-up gatekeeping. I find it hard to take people seriously when they throw around such careless assumptions. It's like my boy Obi-wan says: "Only a Sith deals in absolutes."
As someone who was very active in RTC pre-SSB4 and rated Duck Hunt as a 0%, yeah, that's not an absolute you can throw around lightly. You want to say the Camelot Bros are unlikely? Yeah, you can make a pretty strong argument for both, and you don't even need to reference their ATs to do it. You want to say they have no chance at all? Sorry, but you should know better by now.

Nawgust

Smash Rookie
It sounds like- and please correct me if I'm wrong here, I've rarely viewed the RTC thread- that the chance and want scores aren't really being separated. It seems like you're rating a character by both their objective and subjective chances by assigning them an arbitrary number based on your confidence (for the former) or bias (for the latter).

To be fair (to be faaaiiiaaahhh... Letterkenny anyone?), the chance score seems like it should be decided by an informed community while anyone can provide a want score. Everyone has a right to an opinion. The problem is that the people who are most informed about certain characters (see the last 1126 pages) and the people who are interested in said character are bound to have a significant amount of overlap. It's difficult to separate fact from opinion when your investment influences both.

Sentinel07

Smash Apprentice
All this copyright stuff kind of goes over my head, so I'll just leave it to those who know what they're talking about and hope they're right. :D

Kalaam

Smash Ace
The latest I'd expect if it's this year would be E3 period for announcement because that'd coincide with the anniversary, if they can't release it in the first quarter. Past august I see it less likely for 2021.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Honestly, if we don't hear something by E3/Summer, I have to wonder if the project is in trouble or if we've somehow gravely misread what Camelot's been working on. I'm not exactly worried yet given it's still January, but the idea of passing the mid-year announcement blitz and not hearing a peep about Camelot's upcoming project(s) would be awfully concerning.

ArkSPiTFirE

Smash Journeyman
I mean, the later it is, the less likely its going to be a Mario Sports game, unless it's in some next level development hell. They've already missed the sweet spot to release a new one.

Besides if it's as ambitious as I feel it's going to be in my head, then I can see them taking up to 4 years to make it. It would be nice to get some kind of announcement half way through the year though.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Honestly, if we don't hear something by E3/Summer, I have to wonder if the project is in trouble or if we've somehow gravely misread what Camelot's been working on. I'm not exactly worried yet given it's still January, but the idea of passing the mid-year announcement blitz and not hearing a peep about Camelot's upcoming project(s) would be awfully concerning.
I think it's right not to worry about it yet. At the end of the day it's just an unnanounced game, we're only hyper focused on it cause of having the info from the trademark and the anticipation as GS fans finally seeing the series return.

We have something like Metroid Prime 4 that was announced back in 2017 as just a title and was told a year later that everything was going well, only to see development restart in 2019 and since still no word. If something along the lines of that happened to GS after it's announcement it would indeed be worrying but all we can do is wait for that announcement. And I have a feeling Nintendo is likely to not announce it too far from it's release so if it's set for the holidays it'll be a long while.

Last edited:

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Is the "mid-year announcement" blitz even a thing anymore? It just feels like we're really left in the dark about when things will be announced nowadays. Sure, I still expect Pokemon announcements at the beginning of the year, and a Super Smash Bros character reveal every once in a while, but non-Pokemon game announcements come out of the blue nowadays.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Got the shirt early! So awesome for AGDQ and TheYeTee to do this. We really need more Golden Sun merch!

Schonberg

Smash Journeyman
They easily get angry whenever you point to them how their logic makes the speculation boring too.
Speculation will always be less interesting than just talking about characters you like or can make up a cool moveset for. Speculation historically goes off of “leaks”, sales figures, and release dates or anniversaries and says they are the only ways to determine who is coming to smash.

That makes discussion so clinical and boring, and thankfully Smash has shown time and time again that being popular, having an interesting potential moveset, being successful, being important to the history of video games, or just any reason whatsoever is a totally valid reason to put them in Smash. It’s why I stick to the support threads instead of RTC.

I miss the Smash Ballot days when people would just rally for a character they liked and came up with how they’d play instead of just hopping on the bandwagon of who’s the most ‘likely’ from some arbitrary list.

Last edited:

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
Speculation will always be less interesting than just talking about characters you like or can make up a cool moveset for. Speculation historically goes off of “leaks”, sales figures, and release dates or anniversaries and says they are the only ways to determine who is coming to smash.

That makes discussion so clinical and boring, and thankfully Smash has shown time and time again that being popular, having an interesting potential moveset, being successful, being important to the history of video games, or just any reason whatsoever is a totally valid reason to put them in Smash. It’s why I stick to the support threads instead of RTC.

I miss the Smash Ballot days when people would just rally for a character they liked and came up with how they’d play instead of just hopping on the bandwagon of who’s the most ‘likely’ from some arbitrary list.
Honestly, i really miss the ballot days. Even if most of the characters i wanted weren't likely, to have that hope meant it was possible to talk about them. It also helps 1st and 3rd party character discussions were both on equal ground, you saw discussions from Veterans, Newcomers like K.Rool and Bandanna Dee or Guests like Rayman and Banjo. It wasn't the lopsided "1st parties are unlikely and boring" shtick we have now.

I remember playing Golden Sun 1 and 2 back to back just to get onto Isaac. I remember posting all those Golden Sun Comics to keep discussion and a bit of optimism.

I didn't knew i was just making memories, i just was having fun....................

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Damn that really does bring me back. Back in 2015 I voted for a character from an NDS title that literally nobody knows about, lol. Even made my own Smashified of the character and a other silly stuff of him. It definitely were less edgy times in the fandom, lol.

ZelDan

Smash Master

Speculation doesn't have to necessarily be just about sales and leaks and whatnot. you can speculate over why a character would be a worthy, valuable addition to Smash without breaking out graphs and sales figures. you can speculate over what a character could bring to Smash through their moveset or what kind of content they could bring (music, stage, spirits, etc.).

And eh, there's still plenty of people rallying behind characters they want nowadays, and even some of the most commonly talked about characters like Crash or Doom guy or Chun Li do have their genuine fans or people who want them for "fun" reasons and not "bandwagony" ones.

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Speculation doesn't have to necessarily be just about sales and leaks and whatnot. you can speculate over why a character would be a worthy, valuable addition to Smash without breaking out graphs and sales figures.
That’s how I view a lot of the “bandwagon characters.” Sometimes a character being a worthy addition is enough reason for me to support them. I’m not really a huge fan of Crash. In fact, I don’t enjoy his games whatsoever. I also don’t really care for his design and the movesets that I see people propose don’t seem all that interesting to me. That said, I’m still a strong supporter of Crash. Seeing a console mascot that many people grew up with finally fight Mario and Sonic is enough reason for me to want Crash in Smash.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
That’s how I view a lot of the “bandwagon characters.” Sometimes a character being a worthy addition is enough reason for me to support them. I’m not really a huge fan of Crash. In fact, I don’t enjoy his games whatsoever. I also don’t really care for his design and the movesets that I see people propose don’t seem all that interesting to me. That said, I’m still a strong supporter of Crash. Seeing a console mascot that many people grew up with finally fight Mario and Sonic is enough reason for me to want Crash in Smash.
I get that many people would be happy with Crash, but considering Minecraft and FFVII are Minecraft and FFVII, I feel like Nintendo's going to think they're already happy. Steve's going to appeal to everyone under 20 and Sephiroth everyone over 20, while each character in FP1 had multiple obstacles preventing them from appealing to everyone. Except Hero, who still had an obstacle in that DQ is only massive in Japan.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I get that many people would be happy with Crash, but considering Minecraft and FFVII are Minecraft and FFVII, I feel like Nintendo's going to think they're already happy. Steve's going to appeal to everyone under 20 and Sephiroth everyone over 20, while each character in FP1 had multiple obstacles preventing them from appealing to everyone. Except Hero, who still had an obstacle in that DQ is only massive in Japan.
Well by that logic they could just stop now, with everyone already catered to. But there are three characters left. If there's already been catering across the board, there's nothing left to do but overlap.

That isn't really true though. Even with its scope and success, FF7 content doesn't appeal to everyone over 20. I know a number of people who play Smash who haven't played any game in the FF series.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
That isn't really true though. Even with its scope and success, FF7 content doesn't appeal to everyone over 20. I know a number of people who play Smash who haven't played any game in the FF series
It's an exaggeration. Sephiroth can appeal to a good, good chunk of boomers, but obviously not all of them due to FFVII being mostly considered a PS1 game.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It's an exaggeration. Sephiroth can appeal to a good, good chunk of boomers, but obviously not all of them due to FFVII being mostly considered a PS1 game.
But the point stands that overlap doesn't seem to be a large deterrent to Nintendo. FP1 had three RPG characters that released within three years of each other. In FP2, even if one character shares traits with another, there are still four other characters. So far all three have been pretty different.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
But the point stands that overlap doesn't seem to be a large deterrent to Nintendo. FP1 had three RPG characters that released within three years of each other. In FP2, even if one character shares traits with another, there are still four other characters. So far all three have been pretty different.
Still, with 90% of everyone who would've bought the pass having already bought it thanks to S&S, they might as well appeal to the remaining 10%. Just like how :ultisabelle::ultincineroar::ultpiranha: were for a more casual audience than the ballot picks.

DrakeHavok

Smash Cadet
Regardless of what happens, I still think at least one more first-party character is likely for this Fighter Pass.
I hope so at least. I've always held the notion that first party characters should hold precedent over third party, but Ultimate has been very liberal with its third party invites. That's not to say any of the present 3rd parties have no reason to be here, I just wish Nintendo would focus on their own properties more, especially ones that have been neglected for too long.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Regardless of what happens, I still think at least one more first-party character is likely for this Fighter Pass.
I'm actually betting on three since Steve and Sephiroth would be more expensive than the guests in FP1 and are enough for 90% of everyone who was going to buy the pass to do so.

That and it would match how much Smash fans tend to be wrong.

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
I'm actually betting on three since Steve and Sephiroth would be more expensive than the guests in FP1 and are enough for 90% of everyone who was going to buy the pass to do so.

That and it would match how much Smash fans tend to be wrong.
3 first party picks is...incredibly optimistic...

While Sakurai's budget for Ultimate likely isn't limitless, considering how much he has been able to pull off and how stupidly successful Smash and its DLC has been I really wouldn't be surprised if Sakurai's still looking nice on the budget front. besides, not every third party characters is some super huge or expensive Steve or Sephiroth level character; there are smaller third party characters that could always happen that likely wouldn't strain a SSBU level budget.

At most I could maybe see 2 more first party picks, and even THAT I'm really not confident in and wouldn't exactly bet on.

I do agree however that I think we atleast have one more first party character in store somewhere between these 3 remaining slots.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
While I'm stopping by here I'll lend my support. I haven't gotten too far into the first Golden Sun but man you guys deserve this so much. You are probably the most passionate fanbase that I've seen in the Smash community. Isaac would be a great choice and he is my number one choice for the next first party character as he would round out the first party lineup really well. Not to mention he has sick moveset potential and songs. I'm predicting one more first party character and while I think it's going to be Rex personally, if that new Golden Sun game gets announced this year then Isaac will definitely jump up in chances as he already has the long-term fan support and I don't think assist trophies matter anymore. Some people have their arguments, but the reality is that there is no strong argument for why assist trophies deconfirm in this pass. Not to mention I get the vibe that the Smash team is aware of Isaac's demand with his assist trophy and costume, two songs, and a fairly impressive lineup of spirits for a series with no playable reps.

I'm praying for you Isaac fans. After K. Rool, Ridley, and Banjo, this game has been the stuff of dreams and it feels like Isaac is more likely than ever. Hopefully a golden sun will rise and shine above Ultimate sometime this year.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I’ve added you.

1. _Sheik
  2. 1/128
  3. 3DSNinja
  4. 9Blades
  5. ☆Jisatsu☆
  6. Verrix
  7. ?!?!?!
  8. Accursed
  9. AceyT
  10. Adeptmune
  11. Agk0001
  12. Aguki90
  13. airConditioner
  14. AirMac1
  15. aldelaro5
  16. alguidrag
  17. Akod
  18. AlliwantisIsaac
  19. Altais
  20. Amberloo
  21. Amtoj
  22. AncientArk
  23. andimidna
  24. Androobie
  25. Aeon Lupin
  26. Apollyon
  27. Aqua Rock X
  28. AquaDork1
  29. AquaSol
  30. Arcadenik
  31. ArkSPiTFirE
  32. Arsenal234,
  33. Arteen
  34. Asian_Charizard
  35. Astraltar
  36. Aureola
  37. Aurora Jenny
  38. AustarusIV
  39. AwesomeCauliflower68
  40. Awesomedude444
  41. aztimh
  42. Backgammon
  43. Baddies are back
  44. Balgorxz
  45. BandannaWaddleDee
  46. Bane84
  47. Banjodorf
  48. bassem6
  49. Bassoonist
  50. Billybae10K
  51. BillyBat
  52. Bingoshi
  53. Bkupa666
  54. Black Magician
  55. Blackwolf666
  56. Bladebreaker
  57. Blaziken
  58. Blue7113
  59. BluePikmin11
  60. BoltDragon
  61. BoN~
  62. BoreasTheSnowConeMachine
  63. Bowser-Daimao
  64. BravadoMan_13
  65. BridgesWithTurtles
  66. Brother AJ
  67. Browny
  68. Buddy002
  69. Bunny8093
  70. BUnit
  71. Burruni
  72. Calamitas
  73. Calane
  74. CactusBlah
  75. Cadillac
  76. candyissweet
  77. Capita
  78. Cap'nChreest
  79. Captain Toad
  80. CardStealer1
  81. Cazzone,
  82. Chapter Serf
  83. CheckmateChuck
  84. CheeseBroJoe
  85. Cheezey Bites
  86. ChirimoyaX
  87. Chromfirmed
  88. Chrono.
  89. ChronoPenguin
  90. clearandsweet
  91. ClinkStryphart
  92. CliffJumper
  93. Clumsyzephyr
  94. Coaltergeist
  95. cocy965
  96. Cos.
  97. Confirmation
  98. Connorb0t2
  99. Crap-Zapper
  100. CrocoLoco
  101. CrossDispatcher
  102. cybersai
  103. Dalek_Kolt
  104. DanganZilla5
  105. Darkdarkness
  106. Darkfur
  107. DatoSm
  108. DCavalier
  109. Dee Dude
  110. Delta64
  111. Demonfunds
  112. Dendros
  113. Desert Croc
  114. Destroyer713
  115. Dezeray112
  116. Dhragen
  117. Dib The Crazy Kid
  118. Diddy Kong
  119. Dihan
  120. Dimensionsword64
  121. Dionaea_floridensis
  122. direktor
  123. Disturbedfan199220
  124. DivinexRose
  125. DJ3DS
  126. DJBor
  127. D-Man9293
  128. DMurr
  129. DogManStar
  130. DoodleDuck97
  131. Doncalot
  132. DraginHikari
  133. DrakeHavoc
  134. Drakonis
  135. DrJayfox
  136. Dromader
  137. DukeNapoleon
  138. DustyPumpkin
  139. Dyllybirdy
  140. e105beta
  141. Eagle
  142. EclairSpark
  143. EclipseSmash
  144. EddyBearr
  145. ED Cantu
  146. Edlocke
  147. egaddmario
  148. ElPanandero
  149. El Syd
  150. EndlessChrom
  151. EndlessRain
  152. EnhaloTricks
  153. EricTheGamerman
  154. Essora
  155. ETFruitNinja
  156. ethanrodgers223
  157. Ezequileste
  158. Falgor
  159. Falkoopa
  160. False Sense
  161. FamiconDisk
  162. Famikom
  163. FantastiqueFran
  164. Felix_the_Slayer
  165. fenyx4
  166. ferioku
  167. Fire Rider
  168. Fire Tactician
  169. Fire_Voyager
  170. Firox
  171. FirstBlade
  172. Flamel
  173. Flamingbird
  174. Flareon
  175. Flarzo
  176. FlawedAI
  177. Flik
  178. FlintIke
  179. Flynn.Scifo
  180. fogbadge.
  181. foolssigma
  182. FooltheFlames
  183. FrankAL
  184. FreddyOnDrugs
  185. Friesnchip
  186. Frosty Pops
  187. GalacticPetey
  188. Gameguy1996
  189. Gazorpazorpfield
  190. Geassguy
  191. gebi
  192. Geildus
  193. Geno Boost
  194. Germaniac
  195. ghastmine
  196. Ghirahilda
  197. GhostStorm
  198. Gioka
  199. GladiusVortex
  200. GM_3826
  201. GoldenBoy01
  202. Golden Icarus
  203. GoldenSunIsAlive
  204. GoodGrief741
  205. Gotann
  206. GraveEclipse567
  207. GreekGamer
  208. gspindles
  209. Gurein
  210. Guynamednelson
  211. Hakerson
  212. heylodom
  213. Highway20
  214. Holdenon
  215. hustler713
  216. Huanchi
  217. hwrdjacob
  218. iam8bit
  219. Icana
  220. iDazedX_x
  221. Inawordyes
  222. IntelliHeath1
  223. Invisible Shiny Bulbasaur
  224. isaac3000
  225. Isaac4SmashUltimate
  226. Isaac for Smash Pls
  227. IsaacOrRiot
  228. Isaac: Venus Adept
  229. Istry555
  230. ItsRainingGravy
  231. ItsYio
  232. IvanQuote
  233. JaidynReiman
  234. Jak_spoon
  235. JamesDNaux
  236. James Tutumbero
  237. Jamurai
  238. Jandlebars
  239. JarBear
  240. Javifa
  241. Jclubsandwich
  242. JDogindy
  243. JesseMcCloud
  244. Jibunzo
  245. Johnknight1
  246. JohnnySparkxs
  247. JoyStar
  248. Jupiter Ivan
  249. Jurae818
  250. Just a random scrub
  251. jweb22
  252. Kalaam
  253. Kalomaze
  254. KCCHIEFS27
  255. KeniththeGatherer
  256. KeybladeSmasher
  257. KHJason95
  258. Kikaru
  259. Kind Dedede
  260. KingCloud
  261. KingShadow
  262. KingTorra
  263. KingZing
  264. KiraYoshikage
  265. KirbyDragon
  266. Kirbyfan391
  267. Kisae
  268. Klimax
  269. KMDP
  270. Knight-Adept
  271. KoalaNut
  272. Kokirikory
  273. KoopaSaki
  274. Koori
  275. Krosshair
  276. Kremling Man
  277. Kumatora
  278. KurouKamen
  279. Kycse
  280. Lady Palutena
  281. Lampy
  282. LaniusShrike
  283. lanky_gunner
  284. LasermasterA
  285. Leafeon523
  286. Ledfarmer
  287. LeeYawshee
  288. Legendary Spirit Tamer
  289. LegendOfDragoon
  290. legendofrob1
  291. LemmyKoopa
  292. Lenidem
  293. lexpic17
  294. lightdasher
  295. LightheartedBum
  296. Lightosia
  297. LinkStrife
  298. Linq
  299. Lisbon Mapping
  300. littl-myth
  301. Liverpool19
  302. LoboRundas
  303. Loliko YnT
  304. Lone (Thirteenth)
  305. Lonodel
  306. Lord-Zero
  307. Lucanic
  308. Lucimar
  309. Ludjinnado
  310. Luigifan18
  311. lunarum
  312. Lukingordex
  313. Lurxy
  314. Lynn Eslie
  315. M23-X0
  316. Machete
  317. MacSmitty
  318. MagiusNecros
  319. MAGMIS
  320. MainJPW
  321. Malcolm Belmont
  322. MaskO'Gears
  323. Master Rapier
  324. MasterMushroom
  325. MatthewVenusAdept
  326. Mav485
  327. McLapras
  328. MeatOfJustice
  329. Mega Bidoof
  330. Mehdow
  331. Mendelsin
  332. MetalMario128
  333. Metocles
  334. Midnight Torch
  335. Miifighters4Smash5
  336. Minato Arisato
  337. Mike Cometa
  338. Mikegamer0608
  339. millsfans
  340. Mishudo
  341. Mizuiro24
  342. Monkokaio
  343. MonopolyRubix
  344. Monue
  345. MorbidAltruism
  346. Moydow
  347. MrGame&Rock
  348. MrMacBeth
  349. MrToxicVoltage
  350. Muirkat
  351. Mythzotick
  352. mynameisv
  353. MysticKnives
  354. N1N
  355. N3ON
  356. Nauzgo
  357. Nawgust
  358. Nazyrus
  359. Necro Toad
  360. Neo Zero
  361. NessAtc.
  362. Niala
  363. Nimbostratus
  364. NineS
  365. Ninjakid41592
  366. Ninjaed
  367. Nintandy
  368. Nintendokusou
  369. NitrusVirus
  370. NNN
  371. NonSpecificGuy
  372. NoOtherPersona
  373. NoR4U
  374. Nossnitro102
  375. Octillus
  376. Oddyesy
  377. oh.glory
  378. OhMyBanana54
  379. Olo
  380. Onassi2
  381. Oniric Spriter
  382. Ookami Ryo
  383. OpticalBlast
  384. OptimisticStrifer
  385. Oracle_Summon
  386. Organization XIII
  387. osby
  388. otarolgam
  389. Oz37
  390. Pacack
  391. Pakky
  392. Papagenos
  393. ParanoidDrone
  394. Pcubed007
  395. Pennate
  396. Phaazoid
  397. PhilosophicAnimal
  398. pholtos
  399. Pinguino21v
  400. Pizza Robo
  401. P.Kat
  402. Plain Yogurt
  403. Plank08
  404. Plato Xaiver
  405. Playcube
  406. PlayfulMushroom
  407. POKEMANSPIKA
  408. PokiehlthePoet
  409. Powerman293
  410. praline
  411. ProperlyBasic
  412. proxian
  413. psb123
  414. PSIguy89
  415. PSYNergy
  416. PrinceGal3n
  417. PurpleStuff5
  418. PWN3
  419. Pwnapplez
  420. Pyzlnar
  421. QcSlayer
  422. Q-Long
  423. Quetzal77
  424. R.O.B.
  425. Radical Beam
  426. Radori
  427. Raetah
  428. Rafuki21
  429. RandomAce
  430. Raykz
  431. Raziek
  432. Red Dasher
  433. Red Ryu
  434. ReeseBalaski
  435. RegiGygas117
  436. RenH
  437. Replica
  438. Rethuic
  439. Retroen
  440. RetrogamerMax
  441. RetroMetalSonic
  442. RhymeswithEmpty
  443. RobinotX
  444. Roger Smith
  445. RosaPeach
  446. Royaru
  447. roydgriffin
  448. Royvolution Ream
  449. RumpletrellskiN
  450. Ryan
  451. Ryuji
  452. Ryuutakeshi
  453. Sabrewulf238
  454. Saer2k
  455. Sagittarius
  456. Salocin
  457. sandfall
  458. SanicJan
  459. Sari
  460. Scatmansworld25
  461. Scoliosis Jones
  462. scoobymcsnack
  463. Seb9k+
  464. SebasSancy
  465. Secret Sexytime
  466. Seleir
  467. Seoxys
  468. Sephazon
  469. ShadowGuy1
  470. Sharklord
  471. Shawnullah
  472. sheik93
  473. shellshocker18
  474. Shin F.
  475. Shinhed-echi
  476. Shiny Porygon
  477. shocktarts17
  478. Shog
  479. Sidboylol
  480. Silo777
  481. SirBillyBob
  482. SirCamp
  483. Skeleton o' Fun
  484. SkullKidKing
  485. Skyblade12
  486. Skyfox2000
  487. sman3975
  488. Smash_Handle69
  489. SmashBro99
  490. smashingDoug
  491. smashkirby
  492. Smashmar2
  493. smash puffle
  494. SmashShadow
  495. smashtriforce77
  496. smileMasky
  497. SmilingMad
  498. SMX
  499. SNEKeater
  500. Solbliminal
  501. Solfiner
  502. someonetookjacob
  503. SonicLink125
  504. SonicSmasher
  505. SoraSaturn
  506. Sordim522
  507. SorMago
  508. SorrowOfAcheron
  509. SoulofKhaos
  510. Soulsaint
  511. SoupCanMafia
  512. Sparkus
  513. Spatman
  514. Spazzy_D
  515. Speedwagon
  516. Speed Weed
  517. SPEN18
  518. SpiritOfRuin
  519. spoilerowl
  520. Spootondorf
  521. Sqid
  522. Squirtle/Mario guy
  523. SSBFan
  524. Staarih
  525. StaffofSmashing
  526. Strider_Bond00J
  527. StrikeBlade
  528. SundaeS
  529. SuperBrawler
  530. Superfiremario
  531. SuperNintendoKid
  532. Supersmash77
  533. Superyoshiom
  534. Swampasaur
  535. Sykin
  536. Takasmash
  537. tamagone
  538. TappyBat
  539. TBone06
  540. tbuster766
  541. TCT~Phantom
  542. TeamFlareZakk
  543. Techno1000
  544. Tecnoid
  545. Teeb147
  546. TeenGirlSquad
  547. TehEpicRyuga
  548. TempestSurge
  549. Tetiro
  550. Tetrin
  551. ThatShadowLink
  552. THE 6r
  553. The Curious Volnutt
  554. The One Who Wrote This
  555. Thekewlusername
  556. T-Hell
  557. TheRealHeroOfWinds
  558. TheRockingGoomba
  559. TheSeanMan
  560. TheSpaceKing
  561. The Stoopid Unikorn
  562. TheTactician
  563. THE TemporaryFool
  564. thethirdkoopa
  565. TheZoologist
  566. ThirdDay
  567. ThoughtfulWanderer
  568. ThunderOverload
  569. TiaSilvia
  570. TimeSmash
  571. Tinfoil
  572. Tiymako
  573. ToothiestAura
  574. topspin1617
  575. Tornado_Man
  576. Travix Man
  577. TreeBranch
  578. True Blue Warrior
  579. Turmalinium
  580. tveye
  581. tyrus+
  582. UltimateWario
  583. Ultinarok
  584. Undella2
  585. User Name String
  586. UtopianPoyzin
  587. valkiriforce
  588. Vann Accessible
  589. Vegito2727
  590. Venus of the Desert Bloom
  591. Vintage Creep
  592. Violenceman
  593. WaddleMatt
  594. walph
  595. warelander
  596. Warheart_666
  597. Wigglytuff ★
  598. winterofsilver
  599. Wintropy
  600. WhiteEaglePL
  601. Xelion
  602. Xenigma
  603. XenoWarriorX
  604. XeVioN
  605. Xiivi
  606. Xithyl_kykorl
  607. xLemmy_KoopaX
  608. xNaz
  609. xpnc
  610. XTremeGamer1234
  611. XxLtxX
  612. Yangfly Leone
  613. YellowLord
  614. Yggdra
  615. Yoh
  616. Yoshi444
  617. YoshiandToad
  618. Young Horsetail
  619. Your Hero
  620. Ypsen
  621. Yuki Setsuna
  622. Yusa
  623. YwhaletailY
  624. Zabadoo
  625. Zack 2
  626. zabimaru1000
  627. zagman505
  628. zaiman12345
  629. Zalaresh
  630. Zandro
  631. ZanZero
  632. ZarroTsu
  633. ZeldaMaster
  634. ZelDan
  635. ZestyÑ
  636. zferolie
  637. zmero_
  638. Zulyar
  639. Zuppo

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Honestly, i really miss the ballot days. Even if most of the characters i wanted weren't likely, to have that hope meant it was possible to talk about them. It also helps 1st and 3rd party character discussions were both on equal ground, you saw discussions from Veterans, Newcomers like K.Rool and Bandanna Dee or Guests like Rayman and Banjo. It wasn't the lopsided "1st parties are unlikely and boring" shtick we have now.

I remember playing Golden Sun 1 and 2 back to back just to get onto Isaac. I remember posting all those Golden Sun Comics to keep discussion and a bit of optimism.

I didn't knew i was just making memories, i just was having fun....................
I just think it’s cool how much the ballot effected Ultimate in it’s entirety. Like sure, we didn’t get characters like Isaac, Krystal, and Shovel Knight, but at least we got Sakurai and the developers to notice them. It just makes their odds better for a possible next time.

Plus the characters we did get from it were ****ing stellar all things considered.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I just think it’s cool how much the ballot effected Ultimate in it’s entirety. Like sure, we didn’t get characters like Isaac, Krystal, and Shovel Knight, but at least we got Sakurai and the developers to notice them. It just makes their odds better for a possible next time.

Plus the characters we did get from it were ****ing stellar all things considered.
"There's always next game" would work better if, you know, Sakurai didn't say it could be ten years away. Which he shouldn't have, but I still remember it.

Top Bottom