• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
To be fair, Golden Sun was seen as old hat when it was released back in the day, yes? Albeit, old hat executed pretty well.

Besides, wanting goofy characters to balance out the roster visually is not insulting other characters for looking stoic, pretty and heroic. :ultrob::ultduckhunt::ultpiranha: Smash can afford that, compared to Project X Zone seemingly jettising out anyone that didn't look statuesque enough.

In the end, I can't help but wonder if Isaac is trapped by an exclusivity contract tied to Camelot, preventing him to be playable in anything they didn't make...

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
In the end, I can't help but wonder if Isaac is trapped by an exclusivity contract tied to Camelot, preventing him to be playable in anything they didn't make...
It is possible. Then again, we really don’t know what’s going on with Camelot or between them and Nintendo and that’s concerning (to me at least).

I like your A&C reference. Also I wonder if they would bother to do the remakes in 3D? The way the games are set up it wouldn't take much to recreate the characters, the background and landscape however might take a bit more work.
Haha! Glad you caught the reference.
3D style would be cool in my opinion. There’s a lot they can do with it.

Last edited:

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
User was warned for this post; double posting(Please edit your messages instead)
isaac was cursed with bad timing to early to make it to late to make it I love the boy to death but he's got unfortunate timing

Also as a bonus thought i don't even think Sakurai hates him the series was cursed do to it living in the era where Nintendo was appealing to the casual market during the Wii era Nintendo was dumb let's be real here.

A bunch of series died during that era the ds took many lives Custom Robo,Golden Sun it almost got Fire Emblem but my point is it's so easy to say that Sakurai doesn't like something when I think we should look at it differently Nintendo lost faith in the franchise it was there fault but they lost faith so we need to help them get there faith back by asking for the series back because getting him in smash isn't gonna do anything for the series other then remind people it exists.

I want the series to have more respect then hey you exist as a character or spirit I'd rather have the franchise back to be honest.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Also as a bonus thought i don't even think Sakurai hates him the series was cursed do to it living in the era where Nintendo was appealing to the casual market during the Wii era Nintendo was dumb let's be real here.

A bunch of series died during that era the ds took many lives Custom Robo,Golden Sun it almost got Fire Emblem but my point is it's so easy to say that Sakurai doesn't like something when I think we should look at it differently Nintendo lost faith in the franchise it was there fault but they lost faith so we need to help them get there faith back by asking for the series back because getting him in smash isn't gonna do anything for the series other then remind people it exists.

I want the series to have more respect then hey you exist as a character or spirit I'd rather have the franchise back to be honest.
The timing is right this time. Octopath Traveller has been highly successful, Grandia will be making a comeback, and Dragon Quest 11 is poised to be the first mainline installment to get on a major Nintendo console in years, so classic JRPGs are more in vogue than ever. It's crucial that the GS fans leave their mark in this timeframe.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
The timing is right this time. Octopath Traveller has been highly successful, Grandia will be making a comeback, and Dragon Quest 11 is poised to be the first mainline installment to get on a major Nintendo console in years, so classic JRPGs are more in vogue than ever. It's crucial that the GS fans leave their mark in this timeframe.
that's why I'm happy to have come to smashboards finding fans of GoldenSun and Dragon Quest really makes me happy make me think I'm not a minority and that point is especially in the golden sun side meeting you lot even tho most have scattered and moved on is a nice thing so we don't have to fight along for our passion for this series

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
that's why I'm happy to have come to smashboards finding fans of GoldenSun and Dragon Quest really makes me happy make me think I'm not a minority and that point is especially in the golden sun side meeting you lot even tho most have scattered and moved on is a nice thing so we don't have to fight along for our passion for this series
We are a scattered fan base, but together, we are just as big (maybe bigger) as a lot of the other fan bases. Recently, I’ve been seeing r/goldensun slowly gaining more and more followers. It’s half way breaking 6,000 soon. This is good!

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
We are a scattered fan base, but together, we are just as big (maybe bigger) as a lot of the other fan bases. Recently, I’ve been seeing r/goldensun slowly gaining more and more followers. It’s half way breaking 6,000 soon. This is good!
Being scattered has been a big problem in my opinion, everyone and their mother's believe (or believed) Golden Sun and Isaac didn't have support until this speculation cycle came around and it kicked us all together with Sakurai's Rathalos tweet. I have seen people from around the world voicing they love GS when they see something related but as a fan base we are tipically quiet.

Last edited:

oscarus

Smash Rookie
Alright men I’m registered and ready to go for the smash winter conference coming this weekend in eastern Florida. I’m going to rock the Isaac cosplay and aim for the top. Of course I’ll be sure to mention the letter campaign on the banner I’ll bring with me so hopefully we can get a few more supporters.
Is this you that I saw on Zero's stream perchance? major poggers

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470

FlintIke

Smash Journeyman
Wow that Render is awesome. I will definitely use it <3

ALSO:

Am I the only one who has a tough time summoning Isaac as an AT when playing Free For Alls?
Like I get Alucard 50% of the time and almost every other one 49% of the time and Isaac like 1%.

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Man that render is amazing. Nibroc-Rock is incredibly good and so far is the only person who has made one I am completely satisfied with.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
God tier renderer "Nibroc-Rock" on DeviantArt made a badass render of Isaac!
He does a lot of amazing ones. I just thought I should share his amazing work.
Here is the link to his DeviantArt account: https://www.deviantart.com/nibroc-rock
And link to the actual render.
https://www.deviantart.com/nibroc-rock/art/Isaac-Ultimate-Render-779878814

View attachment 185729
This has made my day so much! I’ve always dreamed of seeing Isaac’s Smash Render posed as his Box Art and now I got my wish! The absolute best render of Isaac I’ve ever seen (next to Nazyrus Nazyrus ‘s version. Hope to see a complete version one day). We need to use this from now on and replace the Smashified one.

Edit:
I hope maybe Nibroc could photoshop Isaac in this:
E72D49E9-BE8A-420F-8DA2-AD7AE42EA1AC.jpeg

As if he was playable. Keeping the Dream even more alive. I will have my 4 favorite mains together one day!

Last edited:

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
Awh man, I feel happy we are making some noise, this is the most fan support I ever recall Golden Sun having!

LuminoZero

Smash Apprentice
If Golden Sun comes back, Saki gets all the credit. You're really doing wonders for our publicity, man.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
This has made my day so much! I’ve always dreamed of seeing Isaac’s Smash Render posed as his Box Art and now I got my wish! The absolute best render of Isaac I’ve ever seen (next to Nazyrus Nazyrus ‘s version. Hope to see a complete version one day). We need to use this from now on and replace the Smashified one.

Edit:
View attachment 185739
As if he was playable. Keeping the Dream even more alive. I will have my 4 favorite mains together one day!
Mine was a quick thing i did under an hour, I'm planning on making a full (and totally different) render sometime in the near future if I have time for sure. Regardless, that render looks amazing indeed. If I had to nitpick about anything, it would be the eyes, but it's pretty decent anyway and I would even be happy to play him looking just like that! This render has definitely better eyes (and better everything) than any other renders I've seen in the past, for damn sure.

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
Well guys I went to my first ever major and had a grand time. There were a lot of golden sun fans who praised the cosplay and banner and while I may have lost in losers finals in my pool, I’m going to keep improving and I will make it to the top soon. I got to take my picture with the almighty zero and I will keep on supporting Isaac and golden sun to return in the best way: a new game be it remake or sequel for the switch and Isaac making it into the ultimate fight smash brothers! Nintendo, you will hear our voices!

Last edited:

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
Well guys I went to my first ever major and had a grand tim. There were a lot of golden sun fans who praised the cosplay and banner and while I may have lost in losers finals in my pool, I’m going to keep improving and I will make it to the top soon. I got to take my picture with the almighty zero and I will keep on supporting Isaac and golden sun to return in the best way: a new game be it remake or sequel for the switch and Isaac making it into the ultimate fight smash brothers! Nintendo, you will hear our voices!
Keep it up, we are proud of you!

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Well guys I went to my first ever major and had a grand tim. There were a lot of golden sun fans who praised the cosplay and banner and while I may have lost in losers finals in my pool, I’m going to keep improving and I will make it to the top soon. I got to take my picture with the almighty zero and I will keep on supporting Isaac and golden sun to return in the best way: a new game be it remake or sequel for the switch and Isaac making it into the ultimate fight smash brothers! Nintendo, you will hear our voices!
You go, dude! At the end of the day, as long as you had fun and got many people to see our efforts of bringing Golden Sun back and maybe even having them joining us in that effort as well, then you won today! Especially in my eyes and all us GS fans. We’re proud of you!

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Wow, great night to be a GS fan. We have KoopaSaki KoopaSaki fighting for the cause and making the rounds online, plus that great new awesome render!

Wow that Render is awesome. I will definitely use it <3

ALSO:

Am I the only one who has a tough time summoning Isaac as an AT when playing Free For Alls?
Like I get Alucard 50% of the time and almost every other one 49% of the time and Isaac like 1%.
I get Isaac all the time. More than most other ATs in fact.

FlintIke

Smash Journeyman
I made this one quick since I felt like doing it:

Sigh... It feels so... natural. Hope it will happen one day in the near future :/

FlawedAI

Smash Ace

Edit:
View attachment 185739
It's not perfect, but here's something like it:
https://twitter.com/wbdibella24/status/1081772803534319616

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
This looks epic! It’s how I’ve hoped and imagined it would look like. Thank you for this! I can’t wait till this becomes a reality one day!

Edit: btw, I followed you. :D
Mine would be: Dark or normal Samus, Sonic, Isaac, Mega Man.
All characters are very iconic for me.
Metroid is my go to exploration series, as well as the most awesome female character in gaming imo. (Master chief copied her armour)
Sonic 2 was the first game I owned and I played the crap out of it and all the other 2D Sonic titles.
Golden Sun is my favorite rpg and has Isaac, my favorite character ever.
And Mega Man, created on the same year as me and some of my favorite games are from all of his different series.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
I love the similarities the render has to the original box art
just goes to show what a great and passionate fanbase this is I'm glad our spirits are still strong after everything we've gone through I really do feel Golden Sun will come back this year also KoopaSaki KoopaSaki is our poster boy he's doing the Suns work haha

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I read that people would complain if we got a GS4 for 3DS? This kind of mentality might perhaps be the very reason we don't have a GS4 yet.....

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
I just finished Golden Sun for the first time! What an amazing game. Can't wait to play Lost Age :)
Prepare to enter a long password for the next 15 minutes.

I read that people would complain if we got a GS4 for 3DS? This kind of mentality might perhaps be the very reason we don't have a GS4 yet.....
People would prefer having games on the Switch instead of the 3DS. Honestly, what fans want doesn't necessary alter Nintendo's behavior. Fans would totally want maybe recent 3DS ports to go to the Switch, but Nintendo still do it anyways.

I think the real reason GS4 isn't a thing yet is because it would be a fairly big project and Camelot has a lot on their hands. Hopefully Camelot is ready to put down the Mario sport games and get in gear for GS4. A logo reveal for GS4 similar to Metroid Prime 4 would be enough to satisfy me.

Zuppo

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-3593-0420-8915
Golden Sun 4 has to be on switch... Releasing it on 3DS would have the same effect of DD on ds.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
it don't make sense to put out a golden sun 4 after all this time they might as well remake the first 2

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Prepare to enter a long password for the next 15 minutes.

People would prefer having games on the Switch instead of the 3DS. Honestly, what fans want doesn't necessary alter Nintendo's behavior. Fans would totally want maybe recent 3DS ports to go to the Switch, but Nintendo still do it anyways.

I think the real reason GS4 isn't a thing yet is because it would be a fairly big project and Camelot has a lot on their hands. Hopefully Camelot is ready to put down the Mario sport games and get in gear for GS4. A logo reveal for GS4 similar to Metroid Prime 4 would be enough to satisfy me.
Well, I think it's just being ungrateful honestly. Say, TLA didn't came out as quick as it did after GS1. And we'd be speculating about a Golden Sun sequel.. and everyone was saying 'yeah a GBA sequel would be great, but know what!? Golden Sun should definitely be on the GameCube instead!'. I mean, at this given point, I'd even be willing to have Golden Sun return even if it wasn't on Nintendo. Would honestly even purchase a competitor's system for Golden Sun. And yes Camelot, they aren't what they used to be, but doesn't mean that the IP cannot be used by Nintendo themselves.

Top Bottom