• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Questions:

1. If Isaac was playable, would he have both Japanese and English voice acting?

2. Would the voice of Isaac’s AT be his VA?

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Questions:

Probably the most difficult question(s) to answer since there hasn’t been any VAs for Golden Sun (yet). I would hope he would have both Japanese and English.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
Questions:

For the love of God it better not be his AT VA. She's not bad, but the first problem is she's a she. Isaac is 17 years old. If Pit (who's like 13 years old) can have a grown man voicing him, so can Isaac, dammit. He'd probably be like the Fire Emblem characters, who have both EN and JP voices. Personally, I see him as a mix of Robin and Pit, but as long as it's not a girl pretending to be a boy it should be fine.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Btw, to the Adepts who are in Mexico (or any place that celebrates it too), ¡Feliz Día de los Reyes Magos! If I could have one wish, it would obviously be Golden Sun’S revival and Isaac as a fighter in Smash.

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
Look at this thread, it's utterly pathetic.

This is why waiting years for a game series to return with no reassurance from the company isn't good for a series with a niche fanbase.

Interest will die down, and then what? We just repeat this cycle over and over again.

I think I'm just done with games in general. I've never had this much of an unpleasant repulsion with a series in such a short amount of time.

Hell, I recently was given the game from a friend, and I don't even WANT to play it.

Maybe going back to the manga community would give me more pleasant and satisfying content. Video games by the day are becoming even more trashy by the year.

FYI, Nintendo doesn't care about satisfying any of your needs. At the end of the day, they're about being a company. Which by default, means they only care about what makes them the most profit.

Sure, the Wii U is making them rethink their stance, but now they have no reason to try. They can sit and do nothing, and people will gobble it right up.

I'm done. I'll be back when a dead franchise gets resurrected.

And you're letting your optimism get the better of you, which is equally as unhealthy.
I stay gone for about a few weeks to tend to GS_****posts And comes back too....

The usual? Yeah, the usual. Unlike you dude though, I’ve put in hard work on the front of getting the series back on its feet. Through my socil media channel i’ve Interacted with more golden sun fans now than I once thought existed. As well as going a step forward, and seeing to it that new fans are mediocre of those curious to join us.

You can be miserable if you want, I don’t really care. I’m just going to do as I’m currently doing.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Questions:

1. I don't see why he wouldn't.

2. I would sure hope not. I still question why they made him sound 10 years younger than he actually is.

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
It is hard knowing what is really cut, what is foreshadowing/ DLC data and what is coincidence at this point tbh, I for one, don't think Isaac was cut from base, I think given how few newcomers they were going to introduce he simply didn't make the cut for complete newcomer. with K. Rool being the only fully ballot chosen decision imo and Ridley and the Belmonts as fan requests that didn't quite shine through that time, they then had Inkling (the new franchise), Isabelle (requested, loved and also casual appealing) and Incineroar (mandatory Pokemon slot, apparently) as the only other options. I think with the noise we have been making maybe we are giving a Golden Sun character a chance for DLC (not necessarily Isaac, but hopefully!), maybe Nintendo (And Sakurai) combined the ballot results with the reactions to the Rathalos' tweet and everything that came after that (including the Grinch leak) up until the reactions to Isaac's AT appearance and I hope if they did, they are planning something accordingly

Rayleigh

Smash Journeyman
Well lads, it might not be too exciting to hear as compared to my discoveries for Custom Robo's developer, but I found out that Camelot Software Planning is going through a bit of a recruitment phase...though I think they're only looking for a single programmer from the recruitment files they have. I couldn't begin to guess what they're working on, especially so soon after the release of Mario Tennis Aces...but, who knows, maybe they're planning something of note?

Sorry that this isn't as major as some of the other developers I looked at, such as the aforementioned NOISE (looking to bulk up considerably, and Intelligent Systems (naturally, as they are now a larger group).

tbuster766

Smash Journeyman
Well lads, it might not be too exciting to hear as compared to my discoveries for Custom Robo's developer, but I found out that Camelot Software Planning is going through a bit of a recruitment phase...though I think they're only looking for a single programmer from the recruitment files they have. I couldn't begin to guess what they're working on, especially so soon after the release of Mario Tennis Aces...but, who knows, maybe they're planning something of note?

Sorry that this isn't as major as some of the other developers I looked at, such as the aforementioned NOISE (looking to bulk up considerably, and Intelligent Systems (naturally, as they are now a larger group).
Wait what's going on with Custom Robo's dev? (fingers crossed for a new Golden Sun game too)

Last edited:

Tetiro

Smash Ace

That's pretty big actually. Hopefully it means a new Golden Sun rather than Mario Golf :)

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
I just completed the Isaac spirit battle yesterday, hands down one of the most fun and challenging fights in World of Light. Then transformed and maxed his spirit just so I can use it to clear some of the last few fights.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
I just completed the Isaac spirit battle yesterday, hands down one of the most fun and challenging fights in World of Light. Then transformed and maxed his spirit just so I can use it to clear some of the last few fights.
Is Isaac the best spirit in the game?

Gioka

Smash Journeyman

Camelot is also open to receive people interested in other areas, which isn't grand, once again, but might be good!

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Adult Isaac is considered one of the best spirits in the game. Which is pretty cool honestly. Which means people will use him often.
It's like Sakurai knew or something Haha it makes me even more disappointed he didn't make the cut to playable

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
Yes, Isaac being one of the best spirits gives me mixed feelings, but I try to take it by the good side, more people are going to get to know Isaac and Golden Sun because of that

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Yes, Isaac being one of the best spirits gives me mixed feelings, but I try to take it by the good side, more people are going to get to know Isaac and Golden Sun because of that
This is what’s great about all this GS content in Smash. We can take advantage of it to get more people introduced to Golden Sun and get interest to get it back and get more people to want Isaac in as a fighter.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Been a moment and a half since I’ve been around these parts, have I missed anything?
Quite a bit of cool stuff actually. We got an amazing Isaac Render by NibrocRock on Twitter. KoopaSaki KoopaSaki was able to get pics with ZeRo in his Isaac Cosplay as well as get noticed by one of the big streams with his “Bring Back Golden Sun” white board. And we’re still getting the word out for Golden Sun outside of here too. This month has been pretty good so far for GS fans!

Last edited:

Rayleigh

Smash Journeyman
Wakes up to around thirty alerts from this thread.

Yowza. Good to know that I missed some of that, Gioka Gioka .

But yes, tbuster766 tbuster766 , Custom Robo's developer is also going through a recruitment spree (and they're a much smaller group!) starting this month...and last month, they moved to a new place in Tokyo. So it's a little more exciting to know that they are bulking up after one of their most recent works...was a 2015 Dragon Quest mobile game and the 2016 Wii U VC release of Custom Robo V2. But I'm optimistic that, at the very least, Camelot is working on something new...even if it's another Mario Sports game (Please be a new Strikers, even if they didn't make Strikers. I just want my Angry, purple, crotch-chopping boi back,), but hopefully it's Golden Sun or at least something that isn't a Sports game.

Reading the emphasis on the Mario Sports games in their own company profile made me sad.

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
So is it just assumed that if Golden Sun comes back it will be Camelot doing it? It obviously wouldn't be the first time a series moved to a different developer if Nintendo decided that Camelot should stay on the sports games but still wanted to bring Golden Sun back.

And its been super long since I played any of the games but is the general opinion that it will continue the storyline or would we get a new story with Golden Sun mechanics?

tbuster766

Smash Journeyman
Wakes up to around thirty alerts from this thread.

Yowza. Good to know that I missed some of that, Gioka Gioka .

But yes, tbuster766 tbuster766 , Custom Robo's developer is also going through a recruitment spree (and they're a much smaller group!) starting this month...and last month, they moved to a new place in Tokyo. So it's a little more exciting to know that they are bulking up after one of their most recent works...was a 2015 Dragon Quest mobile game and the 2016 Wii U VC release of Custom Robo V2. But I'm optimistic that, at the very least, Camelot is working on something new...even if it's another Mario Sports game (Please be a new Strikers, even if they didn't make Strikers. I just want my Angry, purple, crotch-chopping boi back,), but hopefully it's Golden Sun or at least something that isn't a Sports game.

Reading the emphasis on the Mario Sports games in their own company profile made me sad.
I hope it is Golden Sun related. Aces seemed to build off from lots of RPG related mechanics reminiscent to those of Golden Sun like with charged strikes being akin to weapon unleashes. There's also the Sol Sanctum for whatever reason was translated to something else in English. Also if they were to create an overworld view akin to that from Mario Aces for Golden Sun I think it would look absolutely phenomenal.

Last edited:

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
Theory: What if Camelot's mass hiring is to create two distinct divisions in the studio: one focused on sports game and the other on RPG's?

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Worse theory: What if Camelot's mass hiring is to create two distinct divisions in the studio: one focused on Tennis and one focused on Golf.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Galaxy brain: One division will focus on the GS remake, the other on GS4.

Rayleigh

Smash Journeyman
The darkest theory: One division will focus on Sports games, the other on mobile sports games. Isaac will appear as an unlockable character in the mobile version...but you can't play as him; he's a sticker on Mario's tennis racket.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
DARKER THEN DARK THEORY: Nintendo makes golden sun hanafuda cards says it's a suitable replacement for the series the series is doomed

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
UNHOLIEST THEORY: Nintendo makes golden sun hanafuda cards says it's a suitable replacement for the series. The cards don't sell and they replace it with Fire Emblem cards.

Rayleigh

Smash Journeyman
DARKEST DAWN THEORY: They remake Golden Sun + Lost Age, but they give it the LucasFilms Remaster treatment. Also Lucina and, like, fifty Fates characters appear in a major story segment.

Okay I'm done I'm sorry.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
DANKEST DARK THEORY: They’re remaking all three GS games, Isaac as an unlockable character in Aces, and making a new GS Mobile Game. GS4 will not be made unless the mobile game reaches 2mil.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Girl pretending to be a boy is fine, as long as the ADR isn't as horrid as it was for Pit in Brawl.

Seriously, Lani Minella had three voiced roles for that game, and only :ultlucas:came out unscathed from this somehow. Sadly, Lyn's English voice samples were never replaced...

Last edited:
Top Bottom