• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Prepare to enter a long password for the next 15 minutes.

People would prefer having games on the Switch instead of the 3DS. Honestly, what fans want doesn't necessary alter Nintendo's behavior. Fans would totally want maybe recent 3DS ports to go to the Switch, but Nintendo still do it anyways.

I think the real reason GS4 isn't a thing yet is because it would be a fairly big project and Camelot has a lot on their hands. Hopefully Camelot is ready to put down the Mario sport games and get in gear for GS4. A logo reveal for GS4 similar to Metroid Prime 4 would be enough to satisfy me.
A logo reveal for GS4 would shake the foundations of the internet and everything we know about video games.

.......aaaaaaaaand five minutes later people will demand Kid Icarus 4.

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
Well, I think it's just being ungrateful honestly. Say, TLA didn't came out as quick as it did after GS1. And we'd be speculating about a Golden Sun sequel.. and everyone was saying 'yeah a GBA sequel would be great, but know what!? Golden Sun should definitely be on the GameCube instead!'. I mean, at this given point, I'd even be willing to have Golden Sun return even if it wasn't on Nintendo. Would honestly even purchase a competitor's system for Golden Sun. And yes Camelot, they aren't what they used to be, but doesn't mean that the IP cannot be used by Nintendo themselves.
It is kinda like Isaac being an assist trophy again. Yeah, it is great that he is here, but people would really prefer him to be a playable fighter instead. If we do get GS4, it will disappoint quite a few people, but we will have to deal with it.

Another part of my theory why Golden Sun isn't being pushed as hard by Nintendo is because of Xenoblade and Fire Emblem's recent success. Xenoblade is a core part of Nintendo's console RPG line up now with all the support it is getting and Fire Emblem covered the handheld RPG section. Nintendo already has a good set of RPG in their pockets so they aren't too interested in venturing outside (Nintendo is somewhat know for sticking to profitable IP).

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It is kinda like Isaac being an assist trophy again. Yeah, it is great that he is here, but people would really prefer him to be a playable fighter instead. If we do get GS4, it will disappoint quite a few people, but we will have to deal with it.

Another part of my theory why Golden Sun isn't being pushed as hard by Nintendo is because of Xenoblade and Fire Emblem's recent success. Xenoblade is a core part of Nintendo's console RPG line up now with all the support it is getting and Fire Emblem covered the handheld RPG section. Nintendo already has a good set of RPG in their pockets so they aren't too interested in venturing outside (Nintendo is somewhat know for sticking to profitable IP).
Am not too sure what Xenoblade and Fire Emblem have to do with it. Golden Sun also got released around the time when Pokemon was around you know. As well as Final Fantasy Tactics, and other strong GBA RPG games. Besides, Fire Emblem is a strategy game before a RPG mostly, and Xenoblade puts more emphasis on MMO-like mechanics. Golden Sun still stands strong on it's own.

There's really no good reason for it not to continue besides Dark Dawn not doing as great as expected. And that's weird, cause the game did lots to improve on the GBA games, especially the battle system.

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
I seriously doubt Golden Sun being on the 3DS, Camelot is not that big and they have probably moved everything over to focus on the Switch now.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
There's really no good reason for it not to continue besides Dark Dawn not doing as great as expected. And that's weird, cause the game did lots to improve on the GBA games, especially the battle system.
Besides being released at the end of the DS' life, there's still fans having shown concern over the story elements.

Besides, culturally speaking, if you do something different and it ends up falling short (due to execution, fan reactions, or other outside factors), you just go back to the tried and true methods. Although even that can eventually stop working.

What really gets me though is that Camelot doesn't even do games for other consoles or even unrelated Nintendo stuff like We Love Golf! anymore. They've become a Mario-manufacturing machine.

Last edited:

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Golden Sun on 3DS still needs to be 100% supported by us and we need to give it exposure as much as we can if it does come to fruition. Right now some are worried that due to recent 3DS games struggling in the sales department due to the 3DS being on its last years that the game can flop hard and put us into another hiatus. I'm currently thinking of a potential campaign to ask Nintendo to make a Switch version if such a game is announced.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I'd be open for a 3DS Golden Sun game.
Somehow I'd rather think a fully fledge Switch game would be dope!

I support either.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
This looks epic! It’s how I’ve hoped and imagined it would look like. Thank you for this! I can’t wait till this becomes a reality one day!

Edit: btw, I followed you. :D
Thanks! I kinda threw it together in Photoshop (still learning), and it's awesome to see people like it so much! Also, thanks for the follow!

In regards to a potential GS4 on 3DS, I just can't see it making any sense. If Camelot puts the next GS project on 3DS instead of Switch, it shows they didn't learn much from Dark Dawn. Releasing a big game super late into a console's lifespan, especially if the next console has been announced/is out in the 3DS's case, people aren't going to pay much attention to it. Besides, the Switch has proved itself as an RPG machine, with Octopath and XBC2 having incredibly strong showings. Now, no matter console it's on, we have to support the hell out of it, but our job becomes much easier if it's on the Switch.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I fear a Switch remake for both Golden Sun GBA games would water down a lot of the story elements, and cut down other content for no reason besides 'too much work, didn't feel like it' honestly...

A 3DS Golden Sun game would be awesome, and we all should massively support it if it happens. Which I doubt of course, but still.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I fear a Switch remake for both Golden Sun GBA games would water down a lot of the story elements, and cut down other content for no reason besides 'too much work, didn't feel like it' honestly...
Is there any instance a similar thing happened? Because otherwise it feels like an unfounded fear.

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
Am not too sure what Xenoblade and Fire Emblem have to do with it. Golden Sun also got released around the time when Pokemon was around you know. As well as Final Fantasy Tactics, and other strong GBA RPG games. Besides, Fire Emblem is a strategy game before a RPG mostly, and Xenoblade puts more emphasis on MMO-like mechanics. Golden Sun still stands strong on it's own.
We are talking about Nintendo. Back in the GBA days, Camelot wanted to make the games and Nintendo A-OKed it. Now that Camelot isn't making GS, Nintendo doesn't really have a much of a reason to invest in it either because they already have RPG of their own.

A 3DS Golden Sun game would be awesome, and we all should massively support it if it happens. Which I doubt of course, but still.
Nintendo rarely remake games like that. I am not sure what gave you that impression. They aren't gonna add loot boxes in a Golden Sun remake.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace

Yes, the workload would be more than a 3DS port, but I feel like the sheer potential of Switch is enough. Also, when porting, Nintendo never removes substantial content. Just look at a few 3DS ports: the two Mario & Luigi ports got added story stuff, and Luigi's Mansion got a new multiplayer mode. Hell, the Switch Wii U ports all got a bunch of stuff: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe got a proper battle mode, New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe got a new character, and Hyrule Warriors got all the Wii U/3DS content shoved into one cartridge. When porting, Nintendo makes the effort to properly update games. However, I don't think Nintendo has tried an update of this size before. Golden Sun, a GBA game, would be the oldest game ever ported by Nintendo, in terms of time between first release and rerelease (before this it would be Luigi's Mansion, from 2001-2018). However, LM was already a 3D game, on a console with similar specs to the 3DS. The raw power difference between the GBA and the Switch would require basically everything but the story to be redone (though the same would apply to the 3DS). A GS port would be, to put it simply, the largest and most difficult porting job ever done by Nintendo.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yes, the workload would be more than a 3DS port, but I feel like the sheer potential of Switch is enough. Also, when porting, Nintendo never removes substantial content. Just look at a few 3DS ports: the two Mario & Luigi ports got added story stuff, and Luigi's Mansion got a new multiplayer mode. Hell, the Switch Wii U ports all got a bunch of stuff: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe got a proper battle mode, New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe got a new character, and Hyrule Warriors got all the Wii U/3DS content shoved into one cartridge. When porting, Nintendo makes the effort to properly update games. However, I don't think Nintendo has tried an update of this size before. Golden Sun, a GBA game, would be the oldest game ever ported by Nintendo, in terms of time between first release and rerelease (before this it would be Luigi's Mansion, from 2001-2018). However, LM was already a 3D game, on a console with similar specs to the 3DS. The raw power difference between the GBA and the Switch would require basically everything but the story to be redone (though the same would apply to the 3DS). A GS port would be, to put it simply, the largest and most difficult porting job ever done by Nintendo.
I mean, considering that even back then Golden Sun and TLA were going to be a single N64 game, but had to be split up and moved to the GBA, it shows how ambitious the IP is in terms of actually making it.

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
Thanks! I kinda threw it together in Photoshop (still learning), and it's awesome to see people like it so much! Also, thanks for the follow!

In regards to a potential GS4 on 3DS, I just can't see it making any sense. If Camelot puts the next GS project on 3DS instead of Switch, it shows they didn't learn much from Dark Dawn. Releasing a big game super late into a console's lifespan, especially if the next console has been announced/is out in the 3DS's case, people aren't going to pay much attention to it. Besides, the Switch has proved itself as an RPG machine, with Octopath and XBC2 having incredibly strong showings. Now, no matter console it's on, we have to support the hell out of it, but our job becomes much easier if it's on the Switch.
Hey flawed do you mind giving me your theory on why you think we will get Isaac in as dlc and golden just might get a remake this year? I should put that to good use when I go use another design for my banner next time I hit up a major.

I read that people would complain if we got a GS4 for 3DS? This kind of mentality might perhaps be the very reason we don't have a GS4 yet.....
You have to understand that this is the same thing that made Golden sun go dark again. The time for releasing a golden sun game on 3ds has long passed. One of the reason fire emblem awakening did so well was because it was released in the prime years of the 3ds which is normally when a smash game is released.

The time for rpgs on the Switch is ripe.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
I mean, considering that even back then Golden Sun and TLA were going to be a single N64 game, but had to be split up and moved to the GBA, it shows how ambitious the IP is in terms of actually making it.
Yeah, these aren't easy games to make. I'd imagine with a smaller team, it would take a normal development cycle (1.5-2 years) just to port the first two, so that might be a pretty large block in getting the games made. However, I still think Camelot will make the right move and recombine them into one Switch game.
Hey flawed do you mind giving me your theory on why you think we will get Isaac in as dlc and golden just might get a remake this year? I should put that to good use when I go use another design for my banner next time I hit up a major.
Yeah, no problem. Anything for the guy who's basically the face of our campaign! You're doing the Wise One's work, man.

Basically, the whole idea is predicated one the assumption that Camelot is developing a new Golden Sun - most likely a remake of the first two, since that would reintroduce people to the franchise, and would reduce the workload on the new team, since no new story would have to be made. I think this is likely due to two main factors: Camelot/the Takahashi Bros. have said they'd make a new GS when the fans demanded it. Well, due to the negative(-ish) reaction to Dark Dawn, they were kinda scared off from doing GS. However, when the Smash Ballot came around, Isaac did surprisingly (to Nintendo, at least) well, as in, well enough to make the game. When Sakurai has to visit/call up Camelot to get permission to use Isaac, Camelot learns of Isaac's popularity, and realizes the demand is there (this is around 2016). Well, Camelot is currently working on Mario Tennis Aces, but they send a smaller team (including the Takahashi Bros.) to another company, probably Monolith or Namco to have them help remaking the first two Golden Sun games, with Camelot sending more of their employees once MTA is done. This game is developing well, and so is Smash, but in mid-2018, something unforeseen happens: Sakurai realizes he can't finish Isaac in time for the game's release, and Nintendo will not let him delay the game and miss the holiday 2018 season. So to please GS fans, Sakurai quickly adds Isaac's Assist Trophy, and cuts any new GS content in Smash, outside of Spirits: any new songs and the stage that would've come is scrapped.

Now, we come to August of 2018. The Rathalos tweet is sent, and GS fans everywhere start jumping for joy. There's no way that tweet wasn't a GS reference, but it was made and sent before Isaac was cut from the game. Nintendo applies for a new Golden Sun trademark, with expanded coverage for the GS remake coming soon. It's my personal theory that Isaac was meant to be shown in the September Direct, but couldn't, since he was cut from the game. (It had nothing to due with the Hokkaido earthquake, but the timing of that is such a coincidence it's strange.) Despite his Assist Trophy, Isaac has to be on Sakurai's mind, since he's a fan demand character, and Sakurai tried to make him work earlier. (Quick side note: If this is true, I'm kinda pissed Isaac was cut over Incineroar or Isabelle, but whatever.) With all the outrage over Isaac's Assist, Nintendo deciding the DLC characters, and the new Golden Sun in development, Nintendo makes the call to Sakurai to make Isaac happen. Of course, I don't think if Isaac was planned and cut, he was cut just to be paid DLC, since Sakurai doesn't work that way. However, I think Nintendo sees what is literally the golden (heh) opportunity: add a hugely requested character to Smash ($), to coincide with a new game from that character's series ($$), to get new fans interested in the series ($$$). With a small team working on the Golden Sun remake, the game isn't ready until 2019 (hell, they may have started it after MTA, the timeline adds up), perfectly coinciding with the Smash DLC window. (Quick thing about the potential GS remake: if I remember correctly, the trademark is in English, despite the trademark being for Japan, which leads me to theorize that the franchise will be rebranded as "Golden Sun" across the world, instead of 「黄金の太陽」(Ōgon No Taiyou) in Japan.)

The theory rests entirely on two things: Camelot is making a GS remake (or a new game) and Nintendo wants to capitalize on that with some promotion. I honestly think we have a pretty solid chance of this happening (I put it at 50/50 myself), but we have to hope Isaac fans showed the **** up on the Ballot in order to convince Camelot to work on the next game.

(If I missed anything, let me know, and I'll edit this post accordingly)

Quick edit: On a somewhat related note, how possible do you guys think it is that the remake started on 3DS but were ported to Switch? It would explain the somewhat long dev cycle (2-3 years, if I'm right), and might also explain why some insiders have been claiming GS on 3DS - they have old info.

Last edited:

LuminoZero

Smash Apprentice
Putting Golden Sun on 3DS will well and truly kill the franchise. It damn near happened with Dark Dawn, which was released on the DS mere months before the 3DS launched.

Don't release a big game on a dying system. That's just shooting yourself in the foot.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Isaac was cut over Isabelle
I'm extremely doubtful about this. Isabelle is so cloney and buggy that she would've been made long after the Isaac AT, and personally I think any campaigning for Isaac should hide any Isabelle-related salt. It makes you look like a whiny out of touch hipster.

Last edited:

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
I'm extremely doubtful about this. Isabelle is extremely cloney and buggy, and personally I think any campaigning for Isaac should hide any Isabelle-related salt. It makes you look like a whiny out of touch hipster.
Oh yeah, It's not exactly salt for the September Direct, just kinda general salt over casual picks. Incineroar is mostly my target this time around (redundant, stupid design, built on personality rather than ability), but Isabelle is also kinda a miss for me. But hey, the casuals get their characters too. I'm not denying Isabelle's popularity at all, just upset a fan demand character missed the cut over a couple casual slots. Ignore it as the ramblings of a hardcore fan, lol.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Oh yeah, It's not exactly salt for the September Direct, just kinda general salt over casual picks. Incineroar is mostly my target this time around (redundant, stupid design, built on personality rather than ability), but Isabelle is also kinda a miss for me. But hey, the casuals get their characters too. I'm not denying Isabelle's popularity at all, just upset a fan demand character missed the cut over a couple casual slots. Ignore it as the ramblings of a hardcore fan, lol.
I didn't even want Isabelle, but she just felt super inevitable to me so I just dealt with it.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'm fairly certain Sak makes it a point to never cut anything unless it was reeeeeeeeal early in planning. Cases like the Forbidden 7 aren't the norm. Speaking of leaving things out, I can't believe some of the Air Ride songs that were in Brawl weren't even considered to bring back, wut.

Though it's certain that Isaac has some sort of ballot presence, yes. The clearest winner of it we've seen so far is :ultkrool:, so we don't have a clear enough picture of who else did especially well enough to get a moveset made out of brand-new moves, if they get in DLC.

Besides, Ultimate barely got much newcomers from modern Nintendo games this time, it's a wonder they even got in at all when ARMS and XB2 got consolation prizes. And I was a low-key Isabelle supporter before she got in, please don't hurt me.

Last edited:

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
I didn't even want Isabelle, but she just felt super inevitable to me so I just dealt with it.
I guess I was expecting all hardcore picks, like Ridley/K Rool, so I kinda set myself up for disappointment. Oh well.
I'm fairly certain Sak makes it a point to never cut anything unless it was reeeeeeeeal early in planning. Cases like the Forbidden 7 aren't the norm.

Though it's certain that Isaac has some sort of ballot presence, yes. The clearest winner of it we've seen so far is :ultkrool:.

Speaking of leaving things out, I can't believe some of the Air Ride songs that were in Brawl weren't even considered to bring back, wut.

Besides, Ultimate barely got much newcomers from modern Nintendo games this time, it's a wonder they even got in at all when ARMS and XB2 got consolation prizes. And I was a low-key Isabelle supporter before she got in, please don't hurt me.
I make it a point to not judge others on their character choices/wishes, since we Isaac fans know what it's like to be generalized/trashed. Isabelle's not a bad choice at all, just not my style.

About Isaac being cut: I know it doesn't normally happen, but clearly this game bucks the norm. My guess is Sakurai would've delayed the game for a few more months to get Isaac done, like he did for Sonic, but Nintendo needed this game out for the holiday. So I'll blame Nintendo for this one, I guess.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
As soon as I read this, I was directed to a online battle against a Incineroar player lol

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
Well, I think it's just being ungrateful honestly. Say, TLA didn't came out as quick as it did after GS1. And we'd be speculating about a Golden Sun sequel.. and everyone was saying 'yeah a GBA sequel would be great, but know what!? Golden Sun should definitely be on the GameCube instead!'. I mean, at this given point, I'd even be willing to have Golden Sun return even if it wasn't on Nintendo. Would honestly even purchase a competitor's system for Golden Sun. And yes Camelot, they aren't what they used to be, but doesn't mean that the IP cannot be used by Nintendo themselves.
This is not about being grateful or not, is the same thing that went on with playable status for Ultimate, would I (and possibly most of us in this thread) buy GS for 3DS? Of course! But that doesn't mean it is the best way to get it specially when we are looking to bring more people to the fandom, a dying console is a recipe for failure in financial terms. And your comparison between GBA and GameCube makes no sense, GBA was still a healthy and successful console by the time TLA came out and it has never been about moving the series to a home console but about the fact the Switch is the only successor for portable console as well

I'm fairly certain Sak makes it a point to never cut anything unless it was reeeeeeeeal early in planning. Cases like the Forbidden 7 aren't the norm.
Look as much as I wanted to believe Sakurai's word regarding cut content and how nothing was cut on Ultimate, the data mining pointing to Monster Hunter and the empty stage supposedly tied to Style Savvy makes me highly doubt that, with DLC barely starting that info points more to cuts than to future inclusions imo. I hope I am wrong though, since I am a fan of both those series and would love to see them represented.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
This is not about being grateful or not, is the same thing that went on with playable status for Ultimate, would I (and possibly most of us in this thread) buy GS for 3DS? Of course! But that doesn't mean it is the best way to get it specially when we are looking to bring more people to the fandom, a dying console is a recipe for failure in financial terms. And your comparison between GBA and GameCube makes no sense, GBA was still a healthy and successful console by the time TLA came out and it has never been about moving the series to a home console but about the fact the Switch is the only successor for portable console as well

Look as much as I wanted to believe Sakurai's word regarding cut content and how nothing was cut on Ultimate, the data mining pointing to Monster Hunter and the empty stage supposedly tied to Style Savvy makes me highly doubt that, with DLC barely starting that info points more to cuts than to future inclusions imo. I hope I am wrong though, since I am a fan of both those series and would love to see them represented.
Honestly the game should have been delayed bet we would have gotten what we wanted if it was delayed but thats a maybe on my part

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

Okay, I get you. But what about those DLC rumors through data mining? What's that about Monster Hunter and Style Savvy? You got a source?

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
Okay, I get you. But what about those DLC rumors through data mining? What's that about Monster Hunter and Style Savvy? You got a source?
It was not DLC though people have speculated it to be, that data mine is from when Smash Ultimate came out apparently the MH music is listed along the playable music and some icons and stuff from character where found, and the new Style Savvy song was apparently linked or pointing to an empty stage https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/440209064/

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
God tier renderer "Nibroc-Rock" on DeviantArt made a badass render of Isaac!
He does a lot of amazing ones. I just thought I should share his amazing work.
Here is the link to his DeviantArt account: https://www.deviantart.com/nibroc-rock
And link to the actual render.
https://www.deviantart.com/nibroc-rock/art/Isaac-Ultimate-Render-779878814

View attachment 185729
What an absolutely amazing render. This Isaac is miles better than the Smashified Isaac though that one was good too. He looks so close to be playable. So so close... *saves*
Well guys I went to my first ever major and had a grand time. There were a lot of golden sun fans who praised the cosplay and banner and while I may have lost in losers finals in my pool, I’m going to keep improving and I will make it to the top soon. I got to take my picture with the almighty zero and I will keep on supporting Isaac and golden sun to return in the best way: a new game be it remake or sequel for the switch and Isaac making it into the ultimate fight smash brothers! Nintendo, you will hear our voices!
Way to go KoopaSaki KoopaSaki ! You're doing justice for all of us getting Golden Sun out in the competitive scene. Plus being pictured with Zero is a huge positive for all of us. Happy New Year fellow Adepts.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
It was not DLC though people have speculated it to be, that data mine is from when Smash Ultimate came out apparently the MH music is listed along the playable music and some icons and stuff from character where found, and the new Style Savvy song was apparently linked or pointing to an empty stage https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/440209064/
Ah, 4chan. Civil as always.

That Monster Hunter stuff is interesting: Rathalos feels kinda weird here as a guest boss not tied to any character, so a cut MH character makes a lot of sense. This definitely helps the theory that characters were cut during development, so Isaac could've been. Maybe Monster Hunter will be a DLC character, just like Isaac lol. Quick thought: what if any potential Wave 2 are characters that were cut from the base roster? Isaac, Monster Hunter, Ray Mk III if that one rumor was right, etc. They could reduce the price and the workload on Sakurai, while making even more money. I still have my doubts on a Wave 2, but if it does happen I bet it'll be characters that are somewhat simpler than Wave 1 (maybe third-parties from companies already involved, like Capcom or Sega).

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Ah, 4chan. Civil as always.

That Monster Hunter stuff is interesting: Rathalos feels kinda weird here as a guest boss not tied to any character, so a cut MH character makes a lot of sense. This definitely helps the theory that characters were cut during development, so Isaac could've been. Maybe Monster Hunter will be a DLC character, just like Isaac lol. Quick thought: what if any potential Wave 2 are characters that were cut from the base roster? Isaac, Monster Hunter, Ray Mk III if that one rumor was right, etc. They could reduce the price and the workload on Sakurai, while making even more money. I still have my doubts on a Wave 2, but if it does happen I bet it'll be characters that are somewhat simpler than Wave 1 (maybe third-parties from companies already involved, like Capcom or Sega).
That's more plausible than "The Ender Dragon will be in via the Day One patch", I'll say this much. This way, if there is a SS character, she would be received slightly more favorably. If not a Wave/Fighter Pass 2, miscellaneous DLC can be possible, too (e.g. Monster Hunter coming without a stage).

Isaac is still a stretch, but Ray has more of a chance, since his AT isn't there at all once again.

Last edited:

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
What a lot of people don't seem to get is that Sakurai never decides DLC before the base game is done. He makes the most complete game he can, then adds onto it. Thus, he shoved in every bit of GS content he was able to in time for release, which included an Isaac Assist since he couldn't get a playable Isaac to work, if my theory is correct. Nintendo then requests a playable Isaac for promotion, and Sakurai is able to make it work since Isaac would basically be the sole focus at the time. Isaac's Assist has no bearing on whether or not Isaac can be a DLC fighter, and I highly doubt Sakurai would stop Isaac from being a fighter when not only can they disable certain Pokémon/Assists under certain conditions, but Isaac is a highly requested fighter. I maintain my belief that Isaac's chances in Ultimate basically rest on whether or not Camelot is making a new GS (remake or not, Isaac is still the most likely GS rep). If it's happening, I put Isaac's chances at something like 80-85%, but if it isn't happening, it's closer to 5%, imo.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
What a lot of people don't seem to get is that Sakurai never decides DLC before the base game is done. He makes the most complete game he can, then adds onto it. Thus, he shoved in every bit of GS content he was able to in time for release, which included an Isaac Assist since he couldn't get a playable Isaac to work, if my theory is correct. Nintendo then requests a playable Isaac for promotion, and Sakurai is able to make it work since Isaac would basically be the sole focus at the time. Isaac's Assist has no bearing on whether or not Isaac can be a DLC fighter, and I highly doubt Sakurai would stop Isaac from being a fighter when not only can they disable certain Pokémon/Assists under certain conditions, but Isaac is a highly requested fighter. I maintain my belief that Isaac's chances in Ultimate basically rest on whether or not Camelot is making a new GS (remake or not, Isaac is still the most likely GS rep). If it's happening, I put Isaac's chances at something like 80-85%, but if it isn't happening, it's closer to 5%, imo.
Considering this, our chances are around 5%...

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
In the data, most series have their music tied to a letter between a and z (Mario is a, DK is b, etc). Some of the third-parties follow this rule (Sonic is u, Pac-Man is v), but most are listed based on their series instead (sf, ff, mg, etc.). Monster Hunter falls under the latter, and is listed as mh, but because the data is alphabetical, it looks to be out of place in between playable series.

It's not indicative of a cut character.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

A logo reveal for GS4 would shake the foundations of the internet and everything we know about video games.

.......aaaaaaaaand five minutes later people will demand Kid Icarus 4.
Kid Icarus: The Sun Rises

Starring Pit's blond alt who has earth powers for some reason

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom