• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

tbuster766

Smash Journeyman
Hello fellow adepts and also somewhat very belated Christmas greetings! Just coming by after sharing the holidays with my family in New York . How were the holidays? I'm glad to see how active this thread was! I had the luxury to listen to some Golden Sun ost during the return trip, and I'm really loving ones I haven't heard in a while like Jenna's battle theme. That being said, I feel like there's lots to look forward to in GS, but we also have to keep up the fight in the meantime.

I just hope people don’t get carried away and get all hot and bothered with the trolls. I find them amusing and when they cease to amuse me I block them, but it’s going to get a lot worse before it gets better. No matter what route we take there will be those that don’t see what we see and will call us stupid, selfish, delusional, etc.

There was another person saying that people only like dead franchises because their dead. That made my head hurt. As if to say we don’t actually care about it and we’re just a bunch of hipsters. There’s going to be a lot more of that if we continue to push. But we have to keep pushing, because if we don’t, we’ll never see another Golden Sun game.
Ugh, I met someone who said people pushing for GS anything are just bandwagoners, and have no real interest for the series -_-. Funny enough I was never a fan during the smash 4 days (I heard of the series and remember seeing it in Game magazines here and there as my childhood was more so Mario) as I was a bigger Xenoblade fan. However, the similarities between the two stories piqued my interests enough for me to play the first game and lost age. Guess I'm a bandwagoner, huh? Either way, I found a game series that I love in the process and hope to see its return in a future installment.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
Hello fellow adepts and also somewhat very belated Christmas greetings! Just coming by after sharing the holidays with my family in New York . How were the holidays? I'm glad to see how active this thread was! I had the luxury to listen to some Golden Sun ost during the return trip, and I'm really loving ones I haven't heard in a while like Jenna's battle theme. That being said, I feel like there's lots to look forward to in GS, but we also have to keep up the fight in the meantime.

Ugh, I met someone who said people pushing for GS anything are just bandwagoners, and have no real interest for the series -_-. Funny enough I was never a fan during the smash 4 days (I heard of the series and remember seeing it in Game magazines here and there as my childhood was more so Mario) as I was a bigger Xenoblade fan. However, the similarities between the two stories piqued my interests enough for me to play the first game and lost age. Guess I'm a bandwagoner, huh? Either way, I found a game series that I love in the process and hope to see its return in a future installment.
I hate the term “bandwagoner” as far as I’m concerned I don’t care when you got into the series, as long as you like it and want more, you’re a fan. The end.

D

Deleted member

The "bandwagoner" assumption is so incredibly stupid.

People support a character or a game because they love that game and it is very important to them.

For instance, I love Super Mario RPG and Mother 1, and Geno and Ninten are my two most wanted characters. I support you guys because you all are awesome (and I like Isaac's design), and I am heavily considering playing GS.

Even then, it's still not bandwagoning.

tbuster766

Smash Journeyman
The "bandwagoner" assumption is so incredibly stupid.

People support a character or a game because they love that game and it is very important to them.

For instance, I love Super Mario RPG and Mother 1, and Geno and Ninten are my two most wanted characters. I support you guys because you all are awesome (and I like Isaac's design), and I am heavily considering playing GS.

Even then, it's still not bandwagoning.
I can say the same about Geno as well. I'm considering playing Super Mario RPG down the line. Geno has a great design and would offer lots of variety to the smash cast ( I mean come on a detachable hand that also serves as a gun would be aesthetically amazing!). The smash dream for me would be seeing Isaac and Lyn alongside other fan favorites like Geno and Shantae duking it out on the battlefield as playable characters.

Last edited:

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
I have also found out from this tweet that model-swaps are now possible. As you see here, Shadow is in place over Sonic so this is getting interesting real fast.
That's awesome. Shadow has always been the go-to character that people usually test modding on so I see why he was first. Anyway which character do you guys think would make sense for Isaac to go over, for Smash 4 there was an Isaac mod for Roy

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
That's awesome. Shadow has always been the go-to character that people usually test modding on so I see why he was first. Anyway which character do you guys think would make sense for Isaac to go over, for Smash 4 there was an Isaac mod for Roy
Roy makes the most sense. Proportionately he’s very similar.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Eh, you could put Isaac over any sword wielder honestly. As everyone knows they're all the same anyways. :troll:

Nah, but seriously, Roy would probably work. Would it be possible to swap out the fire effects to more fitting effects for Isaac, or would that be too much?Not very knowledgeable on this stuff

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Eh, you could put Isaac over any sword wielder honestly. As everyone knows they're all the same anyways. :troll:

Nah, but seriously, Roy would probably work. Would it be possible to swap out the fire effects to more fitting effects for Isaac, or would that be too much?Not very knowledgeable on this stuff
Roy would be perfect although it does make me sad this is the only way we can get him by modding him in and thankful we don't have Smashified one anymore no offense but his eyes were weird

Zuppo

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-3593-0420-8915
Aren’t the Inklings both AT and fighters? Or they are somehow in a different form?

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
Aren’t the Inklings both AT and fighters? Or they are somehow in a different form?
The Splatoon AT you're thinking of is Callie and Marie or the Squid Sisters from Splatoon 1, they were NPCs in the game and different from the Inklings you controlled.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
the inklings are not AT at all you probably confused them with the squid sisters but the inklings do have mii costumes

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
Tales of Vesperia is coming to the nintendo switch early next year. Do you guys think we are in for a dlc reveal with Yuri if we get a direct that month? I really am still hoping for Lloyd for the sake of our Lloyd bros and I think he deserves that slot more if a tales character is planned.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Tales of Vesperia is coming to the nintendo switch early next year. Do you guys think we are in for a dlc reveal with Yuri if we get a direct that month? I really am still hoping for Lloyd for the sake of our Lloyd bros and I think he deserves that slot more if a tales character is planned.
Hard to say who "deserves" a "slot" more in rotating casts but isn't Yuri more popular?

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
My friend told me that he would buy Smash immediately if Velvet Crowe from Tales of Bersería is announced as a fighter. I never played a Tales game, but I’d be fine with that. Though I prefer Lloyd to get in instead. I feel like he is the face for all Tales games. Kind of like how Cloud is for Final Fantasy.

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
Hard to say who "deserves" a "slot" more in rotating casts but isn't Yuri more popular?
I think the general consensus is that Yuri is more popular with Tales fans but Lloyd is more popular with Smash fans due to his appearance on the Gamecube and as a Mii Costume in Smash. I believe both fans agree though that Yuri's one handed sword might go over worse than Lloyd's duel wielding with the Smash community.

(this is a summary as an outsider to the series)

ZelDan

Smash Master
Back in the Brawl days I was really into the idea of Lloyd getting into Smash Bros and would have loved it then.

Now though, I kinda lost interest in the Tales series; Vesperia was okay, but kinda "samey" to me. Then there was Symphonia 2 which I just didn't like much at all. It's been a damn long time since I played the original Symphonia, and while I remember enjoying the few playthroughs of the game I did back in the day, a part of me is concerned if the game would hold up as well for me compared to other classic games.

If Lloyd made it into Smash, it'd just feel weird for me at this point.

FlintIke

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I am kinda expecting a Tales of Character as well at this point since it would be weird to have not a single namco character in the entire roster besides Pacman lol. I think it would be either Lloyd,Yuri or Velvet. Hope they will keep the DLCs coming so I can be as hyped about them as I am with Joker currently. BUT I am not gonna put my hopes into it this time *Bad Flashbacks about Assist Trophy Reveal* :crying:

But either way I am glad that Joker will join the roster soon since I love the Persona series.

Last edited:

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
Yeah I am kinda expecting a Tales of Character as well at this point since it would be weird to have not a single namco character in the entire roster besides Pacman lol. I think it would be either Lloyd,Yuri or Velvet. Hope they will keep the DLCs coming so I can be as hyped about them as I am with Joker currently. BUT I am not gonna put my hopes into it this time *Bad Flashbacks about Assist Trophy Reveal* :crying:

But either way I am glad that Joker will join the roster soon since I love the Persona series.
It’s such a conundrum.

I want Lloyd for our Lloydbros.

I want Yuri because he’s my favorite Tales character.

I want Velvet because she has my favorite fighting style.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
If we were to get a Tales character I'd really like it to be Luke or Yuri as Vesperia and Abyss I just liked more than Symphonia. Still, if it is Llyod I won't complain because I still love Symphonia too. Speaking of the Tales series I'm still waiting on Rebirth and Destiny 2 to come stateside Namco....

Last edited:

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
I've pretty much have grown to prefer Yuri over Lloyd over a period of time but in terms of Smash I always expected Lloyd to be the Tales rep if there was going to be one. Only thing that'd bug me is that he probably won't be voiced by Scott Menville.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Lloyd is easily my choice. But I also know Sakurai considers him the "big one to choose" as well. He's the series' Cloud, at least in Sakurai's opinion. At the time of the Mii costumes. There's a good chance he's the base pick. Nintendo also has a say, so who knows.

I've played Symphonia. Amazing game. Lloyd also dual-wielding and having cool techs make me interested in him. Albeit, Presea's my favorite among that game, but she's not the main character.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
It’s such a conundrum.

I want Lloyd for our Lloydbros.

I want Yuri because he’s my favorite Tales character.

I want Velvet because she has my favorite fighting style.
love seeing some love for her hopefully her game plus Abyss comes to the switch

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
love seeing some love for her hopefully her game plus Abyss comes to the switch
I liked Abyss, it has my favorite world from the Tales games. The whole music is magic thing I found fascinating, but Luke I found infuriating and that kind of ruined it for me. I get that’s the point, and that’s part of his character arc, but it was still annoying for a good chunk of the game.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
I liked Abyss, it has my favorite world from the Tales games. The whole music is magic thing I found fascinating, but Luke I found infuriating and that kind of ruined it for me. I get that’s the point, and that’s part of his character arc, but it was still annoying for a good chunk of the game.
i get what you mean but i still like him he's kinda sad in away and when he gets redeemed it makes everything better in a way kinda like how cloud is in a way cuz he makes me sad to haha

SorrowOfAcheron

Smash Journeyman
Been thinking of getting into the Tales series (for a few years now lol).

If you guys had to compare to another game, what would it be? I wanna hear some Adept opinions.

FlintIke

Smash Journeyman
It's hard to compare the Tales of Series imo since it feels so unique lmao.
The best comparison I could bare would be: "It's Star Ocean-ish" and even that is a bad comparison :D
It's kinda like a mix between an JRPG and a Beat em Up?

The cool thing about Tales in general to me was always the 4-local-multiplayer aspect. I could always gather my friends to play those games for hours (which I definitely recommend if you have the opportunity!). Bad thing however is, that Tales games usually last AT LEAST 40 hours. I think we ended up about 65+ hours in Berseria...

And if you haven't given the Tales series a try up until now, then I'd wait for Vesperia which will be coming out soon.
A friend of mine always tells me how godlike that one is, so I am rly looking forward to it as well!

Last edited:

Undella2

Smash Journeyman
It’s like a ghost town here, today...
*cough*

Uh, let's see here...

Ah!

Would you be fine having the next Golden Sun game having an open-ish world like Xenoblade with it transitioning into the standard turn-based battle system once a monster got too close to you, or would you prefer the overworld view to be more similar to those found in TBS, TLA, and DD?

Last edited:
Top Bottom