• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
Sorry for the absence guys, I have been kinda busy because I joined a Golden Sun fanzine! It is all going to be put together around the end of this month, it is also going to be digital and free so there is that! I hope that amount of fanart can help out. I can't wait to receive at least anotjer DLC announcement so we can really see what kind of DLC we are dealing with, right now it may seem 3rd party or at least heavily, but I think it is too soon to tell
That’s sounds awesome, Gioka! Can’t wait to seee it!

SPEN18

Smash Champion
I like Fire Emblem's gameplay, but I don't like what happened to it (even though my first game was Fates). It's saddening to see it become a pit of poor design and overused anime tropes for characters. Plus, I'm upset that IntSys was given a lot more wiggle room with Fire Emblem then Camelot seems to be getting for Golden Sun, even though outside of Awakening and Fates, the series hasn't even hit a million units (according to VGChartz). Meanwhile, Golden Sun, a brand new series with no promotion in Smash, the best promotion out there, still managed to sell over a million for its first two games. It's simply not fair, and I'm going to be upset about that. It's pretty childish of me, but it's not like it's entirely unjustified.
I also enjoy pre-Awakening FE way more, but IDK if I'd say that it's all been doom and gloom. Yes, there is too much pandering and a lot of poor storytelling, but the core of FE is still mostly intact, so I'm hopeful that Three Houses will be a return to form for the series. With regards to IS being given a longer leash than Camelot, IS is a bigger company with a longer history of ties to Nintendo, but perhaps even more crucially, FE has had the benefit of being IS's top priority. None of IS's other franchises have ever seemed to be more profitable than FE in Nintendo's eyes; with Camelot, it's easy to have them do Mario Sports games, because those games are safe money-makers and Camelot seems to be fine with doing them (at least, we've been given no indication that they don't like doing them). It's hard to judge the fairness of it without knowing whether Golden Sun's dormancy is more due to Nintendo or more due to Camelot. It does kinda stink that we're up against the brand name that is Mario, though; it's tough to convince people that a title without Mario in it will sell as well as one with Mario unless we go back to that GSxZelda crossover idea.

(In response to the tweet) Put Isaac in Smash along with it :D
Or maybe the new GS remake could come with a feature where holding R, pushing the Joystick to the left, and pressing Start simultaneously brings up a super-secret 6-page password with super-pixelated and hard-to-read font that, when inputted as the name of your Isaac Mii Fighter in Ultimate, unlocks Isaac as a playable fighter.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
I also enjoy pre-Awakening FE way more, but IDK if I'd say that it's all been doom and gloom. Yes, there is too much pandering and a lot of poor storytelling, but the core of FE is still mostly intact, so I'm hopeful that Three Houses will be a return to form for the series. With regards to IS being given a longer leash than Camelot, IS is a bigger company with a longer history of ties to Nintendo, but perhaps even more crucially, FE has had the benefit of being IS's top priority. None of IS's other franchises have ever seemed to be more profitable than FE in Nintendo's eyes; with Camelot, it's easy to have them do Mario Sports games, because those games are safe money-makers and Camelot seems to be fine with doing them (at least, we've been given no indication that they don't like doing them). It's hard to judge the fairness of it without knowing whether Golden Sun's dormancy is more due to Nintendo or more due to Camelot. It does kinda stink that we're up against the brand name that is Mario, though; it's tough to convince people that a title without Mario in it will sell as well as one with Mario unless we go back to that GSxZelda crossover idea.
I've got high hopes for Three Houses too. It should be better, with more nuanced character design, imo. And yeah, I think Camelot's small size has really hurt GS as well, since a bigger company could tackle several games at once, with a large team on Golden Sun, and smaller teams on Mario Sports. (Speaking of which, I wonder what else IntSys is working on right now? Maybe a good Paper Mario?)

Honestly, I think the blame mostly falls to Nintendo on this one. Despite the long gap between TLA and DD (which is on Camelot), DD still did pretty well, even with poor (to put it gently) marketing and being on a dying system. However, it clearly didn't do well enough for Nintendo (despite outselling every Fire Emblem game not on the 3DS or GBA), and they didn't want to take risks, especially with the Wii U failing hard and the 3DS not starting out too well, either. They must've just not thought of a massive RPG as a good investment at the moment, and I don't entirely blame them for that. However, with the Switch printing money, a limited supply of first-party franchises, and Camelot free to work on something, it'd be stupid for nothing Golden Sun to show up on the Switch, and soon.

(Also I dream of the day a Golden Sun x Fire Emblem x Xenoblade crossover RPG is released.)

FantastiqueFran

Smash Cadet
NNID
Haruki-KunST
This thread is moving pretty slow, but I still appreciate how passionate everyone still is over here! Chin up and keep strong everyone! And I hope everyone's having a great time playing Smash!

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
This thread is moving pretty slow, but I still appreciate how passionate everyone still is over here! Chin up and keep strong everyone! And I hope everyone's having a great time playing Smash!
I actually haven’t played smash in a bit. I’ve been playing Hollow Knight mostly, but I just beat it.

And thinking about it now, I have a daunting task ahead of me.

I got Megaman 11 and the Kingdom Hearts collection for Christmas. Not only that, but need to finish everything KH before KH3 comes out... next month...

Then Resident Evil 2 and Tales of Vesperia come out next month as well... dammit. Not enough time...

Edit: come to think of it, if anyone here is even remotely curious, I’d go ahead and get Tales of Vesperia for the Switch. It, in a roundabout way, would help make the idea of Golden Sun more appealing to them if JRPGs continue to sell well. Plus it’s just an awesome game in general.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Not sure what all the people on about how slow the thread is going are expecting for a character who has been deconfirmed. The thread is moving really well for a character already revealed in a game just recently released...

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
(it too more time because I didn't have multiple controllers
You don't have two joycon?

Sorry for the absence guys, I have been kinda busy because I joined a Golden Sun fanzine! It is all going to be put together around the end of this month, it is also going to be digital and free so there is that! I hope that amount of fanart can help out.
That can be an incredibly useful tool! You need to print some physically to send one to Camelot and Nintendo of Japan!

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I wonder what the odds of Camelot making a new GS or GS getting a new game at all are...

Fingers crossed for e3

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
The ones I’ve been using are:
Neutral B - 1 Gale Strike
Side B - 2 Gale Stab
Up B - 1 Stone Scabbard
Down B - Blade Counter
I use:

3 Blurring Blade
2 Gale Stab
1 Stone Scabbard
3 Power Thrust

I used Power Thrust instead of Counter, mostly because I was already using Counter on two of my other Sword Miis (Chröm and an OC) and I wanted to mix it up a bit.

Stone Scabbard seems like the obvious one though. :laugh:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
I use:

3 Blurring Blade
2 Gale Stab
1 Stone Scabbard
3 Power Thrust

I used Power Thrust instead of Counter, mostly because I was already using Counter on two of my other Sword Miis (Chröm and an OC) and I wanted to mix it up a bit.

Stone Scabbard seems like the obvious one though. :laugh:
I love having Gale Stab and Stone Scabbard because it gives me great Horizontal & Vertical recovery. If used right of course.

D

Deleted member

I wonder what the odds of Camelot making a new GS or GS getting a new game at all are...

Fingers crossed for e3
In 2019, I give it a 35%. We've had plenty of time, but more realistically, we could just get yet another Mario Golf game.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
In 2019, I give it a 35%. We've had plenty of time, but more realistically, we could just get yet another Mario Golf game.
Mario Golf: It's not Golden Sun

I hear that's what it'll be called.

and on the top right of the box there's a tag that says "Not featuring Isaac from the Golden Sun series".

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Mario Golf: It's not Golden Sun

I hear that's what it'll be called.

and on the top right of the box there's a tag that says "Not featuring Isaac from the Golden Sun series".
Can you imagine though, if Isaac was a guess character? I’d actually buy it just for that.

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
I’m still practicing hard for the smash tourney scene as I seem to have improved my results from last week. I’m going to be attending the smash bros winter conference in a couple weeks on the east side of Florida so of course I’ll carry the banner and wear my Isaac cosplay. I’m going to give it my best!

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
You say that but there are loads. For example, this is a list of just their biggest selling franchises alone.
  • Activision - Crash, Spyro
  • Square Enix - Erdrick/Slime, Lara Croft, Sora, Crono, Geno
  • Konami - Bomberman
  • Capcom - Leon Kennedy, Dante, Phoenix Wright
  • ATLUS - Jack Frost
  • Bethesda - Dragonborn, The Wanderer, Doomguy (really hope for this one)
  • Microsoft - Steve, Banjo-Kazooie
  • Ubisoft - Ezio, Rayman, The Prince, Rabbids (SERIOUSLY NINTENDO. Give them a damn fighter! You are killing me!)
  • Warner Bros/Netherealm - Scorpion
  • Level-5 - Professor Layton
  • Namco - Heihachi, Lloyd, Solaire
  • Wayforward - Shantae
  • Yacht Club - Shovel Knight
That's 26 characters until the third party roster is pretty much done. I'd be surprised if there were any left after all these were done. I'm pretty sure everyone would be content with them. Nintendo really has a lot of potential when it comes to third parties.

But honestly I don't think the entire DLC 1 Wave is third party. But I am also half-and-half on there being a Wave 2. But if a Wave 2 exists, I really hope Nintendo fix the issues of Smash right now. Waluigi, Isaac, Bandana Dee, Dixie Kong and Ashley should really be fighters at this point and it is frustrating that parts of Nintendo's history are being shafted.

I think tbh we should not get our hopes up for DLC Wave 1 to have Isaac. It depends how close to the ballot they want to play this. If they ignore it then it will all be marketing choices. But DLC Wave 2 if it exists is where it really matters and I hope they do it along with a ballot. If we got another ballot, Isaac would win hands down. He is getting bigger with each game now. And social media is helping with that!

Let's all agree. if a ballot exists we all vote for Isaac and no-one else. No matter what. If we all vote for Isaac, he'll be in the DLC Wave 2 or next Smash.

EDIT: Also the blue fabric has arrived! Though the yellow fabric is delayed until the next year mgrgrgr
Don't forget NiGHTS from Sega too!

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
I’m still practicing hard for the smash tourney scene as I seem to have improved my results from last week. I’m going to be attending the smash bros winter conference in a couple weeks on the east side of Florida so of course I’ll carry the banner and wear my Isaac cosplay. I’m going to give it my best!
Sweet! We’re all rooting for you!

A Smash Bros Winter Conference? Didn’t know that was a thing.

Hydewell

Smash Apprentice
(Speaking of which, I wonder what else IntSys is working on right now? Maybe a good Paper Mario?)
They have like 4 or 5 teams, so... Maybe the two main teams are working in the new Fire Emblem (if not, the secondary one could be doing another game like Codename STEAM or a Wars game), the other one would be the Pushmo one (idk if they did the last Wario game) and the other is the Paper Mario team, who is MIA since Color Splash, so probably a PM game is in works (or a RPG game). But we won't know until we see who directs in the Treehouse game, I guess.

I'm currently playing the adventure mode and I finally got Felix. It's funny because I read somewhere the spirit was at the beggining... At least his position was before a dojo, so at least people will notice it...

Btw, if twitter don't troll, the twitter account has reached 1k followers. Congrats guys!

Last edited:

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
I've got high hopes for Three Houses too. It should be better, with more nuanced character design, imo. And yeah, I think Camelot's small size has really hurt GS as well, since a bigger company could tackle several games at once, with a large team on Golden Sun, and smaller teams on Mario Sports. (Speaking of which, I wonder what else IntSys is working on right now? Maybe a good Paper Mario?)

Honestly, I think the blame mostly falls to Nintendo on this one. Despite the long gap between TLA and DD (which is on Camelot), DD still did pretty well, even with poor (to put it gently) marketing and being on a dying system. However, it clearly didn't do well enough for Nintendo (despite outselling every Fire Emblem game not on the 3DS or GBA), and they didn't want to take risks, especially with the Wii U failing hard and the 3DS not starting out too well, either. They must've just not thought of a massive RPG as a good investment at the moment, and I don't entirely blame them for that. However, with the Switch printing money, a limited supply of first-party franchises, and Camelot free to work on something, it'd be stupid for nothing Golden Sun to show up on the Switch, and soon.

(Also I dream of the day a Golden Sun x Fire Emblem x Xenoblade crossover RPG is released.)
I guess we can say Nintendo got spooked and demanded that Camelot only make Mario sports games, that's a plausible assumption since Mario is a safer brand to sell. Though we also got that interview by one of the Takahashi brothers stating that they'd make a new game in the fans requested it and even that came with a disclaimer that it may not happen just because of how ambitious of a game Golden Sun is, especially with the lore.

Maybe they didn't get the fan demand they were looking for, maybe Nintendo hasn't asked them to make another title like with Dark Dawn (so there's no pressure coming from higher up in that regard), maybe the criticism Dark Dawn received makes them feel they can't truly develop a Golden Sun that will meet the standards of the fans anymore so they fear working on it. It's been so long, there's more talks of remakes in general than the next installment of the Golden Sun saga.

I do like the wishful imagination that secretly the brothers have been working on Golden Sun and it'll get announced at E3 to everyone's surprise. It certainly beats the thought that the brothers haven't touched their storyboards since 2012.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
I'm happy to announce the Isaac Ultimate Allied Adepts Twitter page has reached 1000 followers since it's inception in June. The idea for the account was born right here in this thread and the supporters here have been supporting it since it began so I want to say thank you to everyone. We will continue fighting the good fight until we win

a random user

Smash Journeyman
https://twitter.com/RoadOfVictory/status/1075938165360394242

Would anyone be able to link me to this so-called "letter"? While it almost certainly means nothing, it's interesting that they replied.
Because I have messaged them sometimes trying to be very nice and got no reply xD
they have it as a retweet https://twitter.com/Lionheartly/status/1071675231486517249

edit: this is nintiendos reply, I went through his tweets, but couldn't find the letter itself

Last edited:

Nauzgo

Smash Journeyman
I'm happy to announce the Isaac Ultimate Allied Adepts Twitter page has reached 1000 followers since it's inception in June. The idea for the account was born right here in this thread and the supporters here have been supporting it since it began so I want to say thank you to everyone. We will continue fighting the good fight until we win
I'm so proud of you. Y'all really managed to keep this account going and letting our voices get heard. Thank you for all the work and effort so far!

SPEN18

Smash Champion
Hey guys, I picked up Jenna on the Spirit board today (my first GS one).

Also, it's awesome to hear some good news about the letter reply and the Twitter account. I'm looking forward to more news like this as more fans show their love for GS.

As for GS's chances of showing up next year, idk if I can put a number on it right now. There's a lot in favor of it and also a lot going against it, but even if Mario Golf gets revealed, don't give up!

Man, imagine if we got both Golden Sun and Advance Wars revealed in one E3. That would be amazing for me.

Zuppo

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-3593-0420-8915
In the Zael spirit battle vs Simon there is Golden Sun battle music, apparently without any sense.. do u know why?

Last edited:

Hydewell

Smash Apprentice
In the Zael spirit battle vs Simon there is Golden Sun battle music, apparently without any sense.. do u know why?
Probably it's just because both games are RPG games, and Last Story doesn't have any music.

https://twitter.com/RoadOfVictory/status/1075938165360394242

Would anyone be able to link me to this so-called "letter"? While it almost certainly means nothing, it's interesting that they replied.
Because I have messaged them sometimes trying to be very nice and got no reply xD
Reading that thread, I didn't know the Sol Sanctum easter egg in MTA. At least Takahashi brothers still remember Golden Sun xD Sadly the translators didn't get the reference...

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Maybe we should do a letter writing campaign. It seems they take notice of letters.
How's everyone feel about this idea as another step in our reviving Golden Sun campaign? If we come to a consensus we could get our Golden Sun Twitter accounts on board to spread the message so we can all have our letters sent around the same time, it'd be so impactful if Nintendo received a bag of letters from Golden Sun fans!

Alongside Golden Sunday it'd be nice to have a big collaborated project of some sort in the works to send to Nintendo. If not letter writing, I'm up with doing whatever, I'll even learn to draw lol.

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
Reading that thread, I didn't know the Sol Sanctum easter egg in MTA. At least Takahashi brothers still remember Golden Sun xD Sadly the translators didn't get the reference...
This gives me a little hope for the future. GS is obviously still in their minds, even to this day, so who knows what the future will hold. But that’s why we need to keep being persistent.

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
How's everyone feel about this idea as another step in our reviving Golden Sun campaign? If we come to a consensus we could get our Golden Sun Twitter accounts on board to spread the message so we can all have our letters sent around the same time, it'd be so impactful if Nintendo received a bag of letters from Golden Sun fans!
That's something easy to do and it could really have impact. We really should do that.

And I said it previously, but a physical artbook of artworks made by fans and sent directly to 2 or 3 entities (Camelot, Nintendo...) would be another really great action to do.

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
That's something easy to do and it could really have impact. We really should do that.

And I said it previously, but a physical artbook of artworks made by fans and sent directly to 2 or 3 entities (Camelot, Nintendo...) would be another really great action to do.
An art book would be quite the undertaking. We’d have to get the approval of every artist, for one. Letters would be a logical start. Even if only a hundred people sent letters, I’m sure it’d be enough for Nintendo to take notice. Maybe these are projects for the new year? Finally rally the troops and get to workin on something bigger.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Maybe we should do a letter writing campaign. It seems they take notice of letters.
I got an email from Nintendo asking to take a survey about my purchase of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. If anyone else got it, when you get to the "what do you find dissatisfying" section, write about how Isaac is an assist and not playable. In addition, when you get to the feedback section, write how you want assists/Isaac to be promoted to playable via DLC.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
I got an email from Nintendo asking to take a survey about my purchase of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. If anyone else got it, when you get to the "what do you find dissatisfying" section, write about how Isaac is an assist and not playable. In addition, when you get to the feedback section, write how you want assists/Isaac to be promoted to playable via DLC.
I don't have an email for that. I wonder if they are only sending it to select individuals.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
I guess we can say Nintendo got spooked and demanded that Camelot only make Mario sports games, that's a plausible assumption since Mario is a safer brand to sell. Though we also got that interview by one of the Takahashi brothers stating that they'd make a new game in the fans requested it and even that came with a disclaimer that it may not happen just because of how ambitious of a game Golden Sun is, especially with the lore.

Maybe they didn't get the fan demand they were looking for, maybe Nintendo hasn't asked them to make another title like with Dark Dawn (so there's no pressure coming from higher up in that regard), maybe the criticism Dark Dawn received makes them feel they can't truly develop a Golden Sun that will meet the standards of the fans anymore so they fear working on it. It's been so long, there's more talks of remakes in general than the next installment of the Golden Sun saga.

I do like the wishful imagination that secretly the brothers have been working on Golden Sun and it'll get announced at E3 to everyone's surprise. It certainly beats the thought that the brothers haven't touched their storyboards since 2012.
The somewhat negative reception to Dark Dawn can't have helped here, and probably turned Camelot off to doing big RPGs with a smaller team, for now. I'm still thinking that something's been in the works since a couple years ago (probably a remake) and will be announced sometime next year, maybe at E3, alongside Isaac as DLC in Smash.

Quick theory: what if the rumored cut game from the September Direct was Golden Sun? I was thinking about it last night and thought that maybe Nintendo felt the reveal would be distasteful, so they delayed the reveal of the game, giving Camelot additional time to work on it. Funnily enough, Isaac was also supposed to be revealed here (a dual Isabelle/Isaac reveal), but had been cut from the game earlier (it has nothing to do with the earthquake). I think the Smash team realized they simply couldn't have Isaac done on time, so they cut him and any new GS stuff, and made him an Assist to tide fans over. However, because the delay with the new GS game, Isaac can still be revealed alongside it, so Nintendo requests that Isaac (or a GS4 protagonist, if the new game is GS4) become a fighter in Smash to promote the game. I don't think this is entirely unreasonable, and lines up with the cut victory theme that was discovered (between Isabelle and Incineroar).

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
I think the timing fits for it to have been GS that did get cut, seeing as we're aware of a trademark being applied for a week prior to the original direct, which is the exact same timing for when Dark Dawn was first shown at E3 2009, but we'll see.

Top Bottom