• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
CPUs can just not deal with my bro's aerials and tilts

Capcom has so many great characters.... I wish they would do their own game, not Capcom Vs. whoever.

For SEGA I would love to see Axel Stone or Kazuma Kiryu or Vyse :B.

Edit: Erdrick should have a Goku color for troll purposes
Finally, someone else that wants to see Axel and Kazuma.

Sadly, Capcom manages to be even more risk-averse than Nintendo, given how it basically haven't even done any fighting crossovers beyond Marvel Vs. these days. It's a wonder they did something with DMC and Mega Man again.

I’m already nostalgic of the August-November hype train we road. Man... that was a beautiful, albeit stressful time.

I’m genuinely hopeful for the future, but it’s so hard to tell with Nintendo. They aren’t the brightest consonant when it comes to reacting to what their customers want. Especially those outside of Japan.

Golden Sun is predominately popular in almost all areas outside of Japan. We have an uphill battle here. But it’s one I’ll fight to the bitter end. And, hopefully, a Golden Sun revival will make fandoms of other games speak out more.

We’ve been stuck in a cycle of Mario, Zelda, Pokemon and Kirby games for far too long.
At least Splatoon and ARMS are changing things up a bit, Metroid's been getting prominent again, and some old Sega properties are making a comeback. I just hope there's actual new DKC games coming...

I get what you mean though.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I completed the World of Light with every character unlocked except for Lucina, Chrom, and Corrin.

So... every character saved, lol.

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
I completed the World of Light with every character unlocked except for Lucina, Chrom, and Corrin.

So... every character saved, lol.
oof lol

So I'm curious, is there much overlap between Golden Sun fans and Fire Emblem fans? Personally I loved Golden Sun and I love Fire Emblem, I can't be the only one.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Have any of you guys played as Isaac in WoL yet?
Yep. I fought with him while desperately trying not to rescue K.Rool or Ridley.

oof lol

So I'm curious, is there much overlap between Golden Sun fans and Fire Emblem fans? Personally I loved Golden Sun and I love Fire Emblem, I can't be the only one.
From what I've seen there are quite a few Golden Sun fans who don't like Fire Emblem, partially because of jealousy.

I think both are fine, even though I favor FE.

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Have any of you guys played as Isaac in WoL yet?
I haven’t fought Isaac yet, but I’ve been exclusively playing Mii Isaac throughout and never have needed to switch characters.

Let me believe I am playing Isaac. ;_;

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
I haven’t fought Isaac yet, but I’ve been exclusively playing Mii Isaac throughout and never have needed to switch characters.

Let me believe I am playing Isaac. ;_;
That's what I meant, lol.

You're lucky that Mii Swordfighter is unlockable so early in WoL so you can go around the map with Isaac! I want to go through WoL as Skull Kid but Mii Brawler isn't unlockable on the map til way later.

Last edited:

SirCamp

Smash Ace
You say that but there are loads. For example, this is a list of just their biggest selling franchises alone.
  • Activision - Crash, Spyro
  • Square Enix - Erdrick/Slime, Lara Croft, Sora, Crono, Geno
  • Konami - Bomberman
  • Capcom - Leon Kennedy, Dante, Phoenix Wright
  • ATLUS - Jack Frost
  • Bethesda - Dragonborn, The Wanderer, Doomguy (really hope for this one)
  • Microsoft - Steve, Banjo-Kazooie
  • Ubisoft - Ezio, Rayman, The Prince, Rabbids (SERIOUSLY NINTENDO. Give them a damn fighter! You are killing me!)
  • Warner Bros/Netherealm - Scorpion
  • Level-5 - Professor Layton
  • Namco - Heihachi, Lloyd, Solaire
  • Wayforward - Shantae
  • Yacht Club - Shovel Knight
That's 26 characters until the third party roster is pretty much done. I'd be surprised if there were any left after all these were done. I'm pretty sure everyone would be content with them. Nintendo really has a lot of potential when it comes to third parties.

But honestly I don't think the entire DLC 1 Wave is third party. But I am also half-and-half on there being a Wave 2. But if a Wave 2 exists, I really hope Nintendo fix the issues of Smash right now. Waluigi, Isaac, Bandana Dee, Dixie Kong and Ashley should really be fighters at this point and it is frustrating that parts of Nintendo's history are being shafted.

I think tbh we should not get our hopes up for DLC Wave 1 to have Isaac. It depends how close to the ballot they want to play this. If they ignore it then it will all be marketing choices. But DLC Wave 2 if it exists is where it really matters and I hope they do it along with a ballot. If we got another ballot, Isaac would win hands down. He is getting bigger with each game now. And social media is helping with that!

Let's all agree. if a ballot exists we all vote for Isaac and no-one else. No matter what. If we all vote for Isaac, he'll be in the DLC Wave 2 or next Smash.

EDIT: Also the blue fabric has arrived! Though the yellow fabric is delayed until the next year mgrgrgr
Konami could go with Goemon as well from Mystical Ninja. And Jibanyan is potentially a viable option as well.

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
I just took this image, its compressed because of Twitter. Even though Isaac is an AT its crazy that these 3 can fight on the same Battlefield!
Du0MR6YVAAAimfR.png

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
oof lol

I mean, we’re all Nintendo fans in general, so there’s bound to be some overlap.

I’m a Fire Emblem fan as well. That’s why I’m not too fazed by the amount of FE characters in Smash. My issue isn’t that’s FE is over represented in Smash, but it’s poorly represented in Smash.

ZelDan

Smash Master
I'm...somewhat a FE fan. I really liked FE7 and FE8: Sacred Stones. Path of Radiance is my favorite game in the series. I found Radiant Dawn disappointing and the DS remake of the first game kinda mediocre though. Awakening was enjoyable enough and I put a good amount of hours into it, but didn't captivate me as well as the GBA and GC games did. I haven't even played Fates or Echoes, or any game that hasn't released outside Japan.

I might get into the franchise again with Three Houses, if it turns out good.

SorrowOfAcheron

Smash Journeyman
I love FE because there's so many characters.
If you don't like the main gang, there's probably someone in there you will like.
Also the fact that you can use whoever in whatever chapter is great (barring story reasons etc).

The only downside is that some characters are gonna be more important than others so even if you use them all the time, they won't get story segments.
It'd be cool if Three Houses introduces Paralogues for all the units (outside of child chapters), thought that would take some time.

SPEN18

Smash Champion
So, what character has everyone been playing mostly in WoL?
I actually just started WoL today, and I've been using pretty much just Marth. A little bit of Lucas in there. I just got the 4* Caeda Spirit through the Shop and it's awesome to use her with Marth. I still don't have Ness or Luigi; gotta get those two ASAP!

Edit: I also enjoy Fire Emblem. There's a reason Marth is my No. 2 after Ness! My favorite FE game is Shadow Dragon, followed by Blazing Sword and then either Radiant Dawn or Sacred Stones.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
oof lol

Another one here. Favorite is of course Genealogy, I’m a Fire Emblem hipster.

Undella2

Smash Journeyman
Haven't played much Fire Emblem myself, only Sacred Stones and an English translation of the original, but I have watched playthroughs of both of Ike's games and FE: Awakening.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Just finished World of Light. I dare say, it puts Subspace Emissary to shame. I really liked the Golden Sun references. Sakurai really did his best to include as many characters as he could; even giving the non-playable characters a role.

Overall, this was more Golden Sun representation than I could hope for.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Konami could go with Goemon as well from Mystical Ninja. And Jibanyan is potentially a viable option as well.
Not to mention Konami's remaining Hudson characters, Master Higgins and Bonk. Those two didn't even get to show up in Super Bomberman R.

I mean, we’re all Nintendo fans in general, so there’s bound to be some overlap.

I’m a Fire Emblem fan as well. That’s why I’m not too fazed by the amount of FE characters in Smash. My issue isn’t that’s FE is over represented in Smash, but it’s poorly represented in Smash.
Yeah...

Besides the fact that the stages barely represent the games (and there aren't much stages for them to begin with), secondary characters are always skipped over as if it were Pokémon (Tiki in particular is a baffling possibility to relegate into an AT). And then there's Roy's portrayal in general, but that's more of a niggling issue than anything else.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Did anyone get the Isabelle glitch to work? It took a bit of time but I eventually managed to spawn infinite Isaacs. It was really cool.

(it too more time because I didn't have multiple controllers so I had to wait for the cpu to do it with me, to be fair it wasn't That long, it took about 10 minutes)

Last edited:

clearandsweet

Smash Journeyman

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
Just finished World of Light. I dare say, it puts Subspace Emissary to shame. I really liked the Golden Sun references. Sakurai really did his best to include as many characters as he could; even giving the non-playable characters a role.

Overall, this was more Golden Sun representation than I could hope for.
Assist Trophy, several cool Spirit battles and a Mii Costume. Yeah, it’s a nice consolidation prize, but our work isn’t done.

I posted the reaction video on Twitter. I even tagged Sakurai.

I know we said we wouldn’t, but we’re too passive. I’m not saying spam poor guy, but when something comes up and it’s actually Smash related, yeah, why not? It’s important to learn the distinction between spamming for a character in Smash and voicing our dissatisfaction. Albeit it’s a very fine line.

Unfortunately, it was almost immediately that I got some flak, lol. But a part of me doesn’t really care. Be mad at me all you want, it’s not like I’m spamming the guy in every tweet begging for Isaac to be playable. No. I haven’t done that. My tweet doesn’t even ask for anything specifically.

The way I see it is, as a Golden Sun fan, I realize just how ****ed we are.

1. We have enough numbers, but we’re not organized in the slightest. Many MANY Golden sun fans don’t even know we’re trying to reorganize.

2. We’re way too quiet.

3. We’re way too nice.

4. With each passing year, we lose hope to the point where more and more fans just... stop being fans. They become adults and can’t commit to crap like this anymore.

I’m not saying we should be as infuriating as some fandoms out there, but dammit, we have such an uphill battle that, in our current trajectory, we’ll just have an echo chamber that’ll eventually burn up in the atmosphere.

I don’t know anymore...

Edit: seems like my tweet became privated, or hidden. Cool. I guess that’s that haha.

Last edited:

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
Assist Trophy, several cool Spirit battles and a Mii Costume. Yeah, it’s a nice consolidation prize, but our work isn’t done.

I know we said we wouldn’t, but we’re too passive. I’m not saying spam poor guy, but when something comes up and it’s actually Smash related, yeah, why not? It’s important to learn the distinction between spamming for a character in Smash and voicing our dissatisfaction. Albeit it’s a very fine line.

Unfortunately, it was almost immediately that I got some flak, lol. But a part of me doesn’t really care. Be mad at me all you want, it’s not like I’m spamming the guy in every tweet begging for Isaac to be playable. No. I haven’t done that. My tweet doesn’t even ask for anything specifically.

1. We have enough numbers, but we’re not organized in the slightest. Many MANY Golden sun fans don’t even know we’re trying to reorganize.

2. We’re way too quiet.

3. We’re way too nice.

4. With each passing year, we lose hope to the point where more and more fans just... stop being fans. They become adults and can’t commit to crap like this anymore.

I’m not saying we should be as infuriating as some fandoms out there, but dammit, we have such an uphill battle that, in our current trajectory, we’ll just have an echo chamber that’ll eventually burn up in the atmosphere.

I don’t know anymore...

Edit: seems like my tweet became privated, or hidden. Cool. I guess that’s that haha.
I agree, Ridley and K. Rool fans were persistent and we should follow in their footsteps.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink

2. We’re way too quiet.

3. We’re way too nice.

I don’t know anymore...

These are the exact points I always knew were true about the GS community. We are big! In fact, bigger than we think that actually rivals many big known IPs. But as you said, we are too scattered and many of us have grown up/gotten old to care about these things anymore. We can still be the respectful fanbase we’ve always been, but we cannot just sit back and do nothing. We have to fight!

I’m also getting old to the point where games are not that interesting to me anymore. I only care for very few. This year, I was only interested in Smash. Hollow Knight managed to sneak in my interest so that has been a delight to play. Every other game that’s come out this year I had ZERO interest. I can only name two games that I’m excited for in 2019: KH3 & DOOM Eternal. But I’m still hoping that Golden Sun returns with either a remake or a 4th game. I can’t wait any longer.

I saw the comment you were talking about. While I do agree to not harass Sakurai, I do think this person has his **** down their throat deep like many others. It’s pretty staggering. Makes me ashamed to be a Smash fan for stuff like this sometimes. But then again, all gaming communities have their toxic sides.

FlintIke

Smash Journeyman
Hey everyone wasn't here in this board for while now since I moved to a new city.
Are there any news regarding our boy Isaac or anything interesting at all?

Also DLC hype! ...for now.

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
Hey everyone wasn't here in this board for while now since I moved to a new city.
Are there any news regarding our boy Isaac or anything interesting at all?

Also DLC hype! ...for now.
Nice to see you back! Hope the move went well.

No real news thus far, unfortunately. Other than I’m learning to hate Social Media lol.

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
We really need to plan how we can 'organise' ourselves and have a bigger presence.
Again, one of our biggest issues that we don’t have leaders or a place to call our own aside from Smashboards. We Can’t spread if we can’t figure our own **** out.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
I've been seeing quite a few Golden Sun stuff in the game through my playthrough. Even though I'm not at all a big Golden Sun fan (mainly cuz I've never had a chance to play any of them), I really feel for you guys and hope you'll eventually get what you want. Issac seems like a really cool and fun character from his design in this game as an Assist Trophy, he would've fit right in.

ZelDan

Smash Master
I'm not exactly one with experience in organizing a big group, so I wouldn't be of help there. But hey if GS peeps migrate elsewhere or create another place forum I'll join.

I did join the discord and Twitter, though I rarely use either since I'm more a forum guy (call me old-fashioned).

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
I’m 100% on board for anything that needs to be done (unless adult life gets in the way of course) to keep Isaac/Golden adult relevant and to bring it back! I’m tired of waiting.

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
Again, one of our biggest issues that we don’t have leaders or a place to call our own aside from Smashboards. We Can’t spread if we can’t figure our own **** out.
Just curious, what would these leaders be doing that you guys aren't doing already? And whats wrong with Smashboards?

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
Just curious, what would these leaders be doing that you guys aren't doing already? And whats wrong with Smashboards?
Well, for a start, these leaders would each have a role in different parts of the internet. Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, etc, etc. fostering and leading the Golden Sun community. Creating something special. Right now we’re kind of just. Here.

Nothing “wrong” with smashboards, but only smash fans frequent it. We’ve managed to make a nice Isaac/Golden Sun echo chamber here, but it won’t do much to further our goals.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
You say that but there are loads. For example, this is a list of just their biggest selling franchises alone.
  • Activision - Crash, Spyro
  • Square Enix - Erdrick/Slime, Lara Croft, Sora, Crono, Geno
  • Konami - Bomberman
  • Capcom - Leon Kennedy, Dante, Phoenix Wright
  • ATLUS - Jack Frost
  • Bethesda - Dragonborn, The Wanderer, Doomguy (really hope for this one)
  • Microsoft - Steve, Banjo-Kazooie
  • Ubisoft - Ezio, Rayman, The Prince, Rabbids (SERIOUSLY NINTENDO. Give them a damn fighter! You are killing me!)
  • Warner Bros/Netherealm - Scorpion
  • Level-5 - Professor Layton
  • Namco - Heihachi, Lloyd, Solaire
  • Wayforward - Shantae
  • Yacht Club - Shovel Knight
That's 26 characters until the third party roster is pretty much done. I'd be surprised if there were any left after all these were done. I'm pretty sure everyone would be content with them. Nintendo really has a lot of potential when it comes to third parties.

But honestly I don't think the entire DLC 1 Wave is third party. But I am also half-and-half on there being a Wave 2. But if a Wave 2 exists, I really hope Nintendo fix the issues of Smash right now. Waluigi, Isaac, Bandana Dee, Dixie Kong and Ashley should really be fighters at this point and it is frustrating that parts of Nintendo's history are being shafted.

I think tbh we should not get our hopes up for DLC Wave 1 to have Isaac. It depends how close to the ballot they want to play this. If they ignore it then it will all be marketing choices. But DLC Wave 2 if it exists is where it really matters and I hope they do it along with a ballot. If we got another ballot, Isaac would win hands down. He is getting bigger with each game now. And social media is helping with that!

Let's all agree. if a ballot exists we all vote for Isaac and no-one else. No matter what. If we all vote for Isaac, he'll be in the DLC Wave 2 or next Smash.

EDIT: Also the blue fabric has arrived! Though the yellow fabric is delayed until the next year mgrgrgr
Yeah, I guess I was wrong on that front. Of these, I'd say Erdrick, Geno, Sora, Bomberman, Phoenix, Banjo, Rayman, Lloyd, Heihachi, Shantae, and Shovel Knight have a >5% chance for Ultimate, at least. My picks remain Sora and Banjo, however. I'm not sure if we'll ever see Western third-parties outside of Ubisoft, though. Nintendo just doesn't have the relationship with them that they do with other, Japanese, third-parties.
Yep. I fought with him while desperately trying not to rescue K.Rool or Ridley.

From what I've seen there are quite a few Golden Sun fans who don't like Fire Emblem, partially because of jealousy.

I think both are fine, even though I favor FE.
I like Fire Emblem's gameplay, but I don't like what happened to it (even though my first game was Fates). It's saddening to see it become a pit of poor design and overused anime tropes for characters. Plus, I'm upset that IntSys was given a lot more wiggle room with Fire Emblem then Camelot seems to be getting for Golden Sun, even though outside of Awakening and Fates, the series hasn't even hit a million units (according to VGChartz). Meanwhile, Golden Sun, a brand new series with no promotion in Smash, the best promotion out there, still managed to sell over a million for its first two games. It's simply not fair, and I'm going to be upset about that. It's pretty childish of me, but it's not like it's entirely unjustified.

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
Sorry for the absence guys, I have been kinda busy because I joined a Golden Sun fanzine! It is all going to be put together around the end of this month, it is also going to be digital and free so there is that! I hope that amount of fanart can help out. I can't wait to receive at least anotjer DLC announcement so we can really see what kind of DLC we are dealing with, right now it may seem 3rd party or at least heavily, but I think it is too soon to tell

Top Bottom