• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

DogManStar

Smash Ace
I'm probably biased but I feel that Isaac still have way more chances than a lot of AT to become playable in a future DLC wave, and that's what makes us alive.
I don't think there's much of a chance, but if any AT were to become playable, I think it would either be Isaac or Waluigi. I think the movement is still alive because the fans see how close we were to getting playable Isaac, and everyone knows that Isaac in Smash is pretty much the only way to get the series back at this point. Nothing else seems to be working.

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
I don't think there's much of a chance, but if any AT were to become playable, I think it would either be Isaac or Waluigi. I think the movement is still alive because the fans see how close we were to getting playable Isaac, and everyone knows that Isaac in Smash is pretty much the only way to get the series back at this point. Nothing else seems to be working.
Well we have Golden Sunday as a thing now.

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
To be fair, we don’t know the inner workings of Nintendo. We won’t know just how meaningful our efforts have been until we see that new Golden Sun game revealed.

As for Isaac in Smash, I’m still all for it, but we HAVE to call out for a new game. We HAVE to let others know about Golden Sun. We can’t slip back into the “Isaac for smash” hole we’ve been stuck in for years now.

People still continue to call us Isaac fans. But we’re Golden Sun fans first and foremost.

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
I'm probably biased but I feel that Isaac still have way more chances than a lot of AT to become playable in a future DLC wave, and that's what makes us alive.
I think you're right. Personally I feel like Isaac and Skull Kid are the two characters most likely to be playable next. Both have had big increases in popularity this cycle and have a presence in Smash greater than last game. Especially since both have Mii Costumes now that are pretty dang good :)

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Oof, it’s been over an entire day and we haven’t broken through 883. Unless something fantastical happens, I don’t think this thread has much longer to go before it dies. I guess we could always necro it if need be. But it’s still a bit depressing nonetheless.
That's what happens when all the wind has been taken out of our sails.

Still doesn't stop us from being the biggest Newcomer Speculation thread for Ultimate by far, though.

Back in Smash 4 the Isaac thread was the 4th most replied to Character thread out of disconfirmed characters (after Ridley, K. Rool and Bandana Dee, in that order).

Now, the Isaac thread has more replies than the K. Rool and Ridley Socials and the Bandana Dee thread combined; granted, that's because Ridley and K. Rool were confirmed, and the conversation spread to other parts of their dedicated forum section, but still.

Q-Long

Smash Lord
What spirits would've been in if Isaac was playable?

The most important characters are the original 8, the Dark Dawn 8, the 2 videos in each games, Alex, Briggs, Kraden, and the Wise One. I think that's a bit too many for a small debut series. Also would be interesting cause Wise One has no art...

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Hey, look a that! We broke out of 883. Haha!

Isaac still miraculously has a chance for DLC despite what people think. Golden Sun has suspicionsly been very present in Smash Ultimate (besides having a fighter and a stage and new music) compared to Smash 4. We can easily use it to our advantage to keep his campaign going, but most importantly campaign for Golden Sun’s return.

This thread may be slow, but we’re not going anywhere. I know I won’t!

Starblax

Smash Apprentice
To be completely fair, for an assist trophy, this thread is thriving off of being a dead franchise. The passion runs deeper than Isaac simply getting into Smash.

One day guys, and that day is sooner than we might just anticipate.

ZelDan

Smash Master

The most important characters are the original 8, the Dark Dawn 8, the 2 videos in each games, Alex, Briggs, Kraden, and the Wise One. I think that's a bit too many for a small debut series. Also would be interesting cause Wise One has no art...
By "videos" I'm assuming you meant to say "villains," because yeah, Saturos, Menardi, Karst, Agatio, Blados, and Chalis would be spirits. They'd maybe make spirits out of the 4 types of djinni. Maybe even make sprits out of some of the more significant bosses: Poseidon, the Fusion and Doom Dragons, Dullahan...

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
Nothing sadder than being away for a couple days and only see 4 new pages. I'm really hoping that DLC speculation will reignite the fire that was here between August and September. That was peak hype for Ultimate. I'm still very confident that Isaac will be a DLC fighter, during Wave 1 even. I'm still fully invested in my theory that Isaac was cut, and that in the somewhat likely event that a new Golden Sun is coming, Isaac jumps right to the front of the line for Ultimate, especially now that apparently clueless Nintendo branches have been made aware of Isaac's popularity (I still don't believe that, not to mention the leaks are wrong). Isaac is probably the most popular, and most likely, first party, but I'm worried that the DLC characters will all be Jokers: third-parties added for ****s and giggles. Best case scenario: Isaac is third - him plus a new Golden Sun are revealed at E3. Second best case scenario: Isaac is any other number. Worst case scenario: Isaac isn't added. But hey, I'm not the one making decisions, sadly.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
I feel like the main problem is lack of awareness than anything, rather than nothing working in general. I doubt that every single Golden Sun fan knows what the Takahashi brothers said about fan demand back in 2012. I know I didn't. All I knew is that this series I hadn't seen since elementary, suddenly got a sequel during my senior year. Cool. I pretty much just expected another game to come out for the next system eventually, I never knew that two years later the Takahashi brothers made an interview about the next game only becoming reality if enough fans requested it. I know now from being so invested in newcomer speculation where interviews are linked left and right lol.

Like WaddleMatt WaddleMatt says, we have Golden Sunday now to bring awareness to Golden Sun. Sure it's an echo chamber in here obviously, but Golden Sunday also managed to get an article by Nintendolife and a shoutout from Discord via twitter. I feel like social media becoming so huge in general is what makes a movement to revive Golden Sun more progressive than an age where things were more word of mouth and such. People just casually getting together and watching a direct is how Nintendo became aware of how much people wanted Isaac playable after all.

Edit: Might be a while before another post comes in so I'll just address FlawedAI FlawedAI 's post now. I do think the speculation hype for Isaac will come back if a hypothetically season 2 fighter pass were to be announced, since currently things seem to point to Isaac most likely not being in the first fighter pass. Though I will say if the first wave of fighters are more in line with Joker, if Nintendo gets all their third party wants and choices out for the first pass, it'd make me think the second season of dlc would be more in line with fan favorites and maybe something crazy like assist trophy promotions could become a thing. Heck, a whole pass of promoted assists would be hype, as wishful thinking as that may be, one can only dream lol.

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
I'll go ahead and show off my Isaac Mii fighter I suppose:

used Isaac's AT in this game as a model.

I really wish there was a way to resize heads and bodies of Miis...

Last edited:

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
Edit: Might be a while before another post comes in so I'll just address FlawedAI FlawedAI 's post now. I do think the speculation hype for Isaac will come back if a hypothetically season 2 fighter pass were to be announced, since currently things seem to point to Isaac most likely not being in the first fighter pass. Though I will say if the first wave of fighters are more in line with Joker, if Nintendo gets all their third party wants and choices out for the first pass, it'd make me think the second season of dlc would be more in line with fan favorites and maybe something crazy like assist trophy promotions could become a thing. Heck, a whole pass of promoted assists would be hype, as wishful thinking as that may be, one can only dream lol.
Yeah, if a Wave 2 is announced, Isaac's chances become much better. If we see all third-parties Wave 1, and a Wave 2 is announced, I'm gonna call it a lock for Isaac, or as close as it gets. There couldn't possibly be any more big-name third-parties, and Sakurai would probably jump at the chance to give us more fan favorites. However, I also think Isaac (or a GS4 protagonist) is a basic lock for Wave 1 if we see a new GS game announced. If it's a remake, Isaac, of course. If it's GS4, it still could, and probably would be, Isaac, but if Sakurai really doesn't wanna mess with the Assist Trophies, then the GS4 protagonist would work fine.

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
Hey fellas just reporting back telling you guys I’m passionate about my art again and am ready to use that skill too to support golden sun! I just got back from seeing Spider-Man into the spider verse and it’s one of the most fun animated movies I have ever witnessed. I was inspired by the gorgeous animation and witty, hilarious writing. It just shows that passion can make amazing things. Let’s keep up our passion for the franchise fellow adepts! Also a new sketch featuring peni Parker my favorite character from the film given my love for eastern animation.
695AD5E2-D7A5-438E-9D3C-3A2B0C6EB91A.jpeg

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Hey fellas just reporting back telling you guys I’m passionate about my art again and am ready to use that skill too to support golden sun! I just got back from seeing Spider-Man into the spider verse and it’s one of the most fun animated movies I have ever witnessed. I was inspired by the gorgeous animation and witty, hilarious writing. It just shows that passion can make amazing things. Let’s keep up our passion for the franchise fellow adepts! Also a new sketch featuring peni Parker my favorite character from the film given my love for eastern animation. View attachment 183509
Aw man I really wanna see Spider-Verse, I think it’ll be a month before it opens where I live though.

Instead we get ****ing Aquaman a week early.

I love the drawing!

Sentinel07

Smash Apprentice
Hey fellas just reporting back telling you guys I’m passionate about my art again and am ready to use that skill too to support golden sun! I just got back from seeing Spider-Man into the spider verse and it’s one of the most fun animated movies I have ever witnessed. I was inspired by the gorgeous animation and witty, hilarious writing. It just shows that passion can make amazing things. Let’s keep up our passion for the franchise fellow adepts! Also a new sketch featuring peni Parker my favorite character from the film given my love for eastern animation. View attachment 183509
Awesome picture. I loved that movie, and Peni too. Kind of wish she had a bigger role. I'd personally like to see many of the characters from that movie get their own spin-off.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Got both Isaac parts so I made a proper Mii out of him and used it in battle.

Hahahahaha...yeah.
Until the inevitable mods come, this is gonna be the closest we’ll get to a playable Isaac.

You know, minus the giant head, chibi body and lack of Psynergy.

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
I heard we got Isaac in the T-pose. It won’t be long till someone makes him playable. I can’t wait to see that.

Still haven't gotten Isaac's mii costume. And it's been 40 hours in game so far.
Just keep buying all Mii Costumes when they appear in the Vault Shop and keep playing Classic Mode. It’s the fastest way to get it.

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
I heard we got Isaac in the T-pose. It won’t be long till someone makes him playable. I can’t wait to see that.

Just keep buying all Mii Costumes when they appear in the Vault Shop and keep playing Classic Mode. It’s the fastest way to get it.
Mod Isaac and Shovel Knight into playable characters and SSB Ultimate's roster will be literally perfect

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Yeah, if a Wave 2 is announced, Isaac's chances become much better. If we see all third-parties Wave 1, and a Wave 2 is announced, I'm gonna call it a lock for Isaac, or as close as it gets. There couldn't possibly be any more big-name third-parties, and Sakurai would probably jump at the chance to give us more fan favorites. However, I also think Isaac (or a GS4 protagonist) is a basic lock for Wave 1 if we see a new GS game announced. If it's a remake, Isaac, of course. If it's GS4, it still could, and probably would be, Isaac, but if Sakurai really doesn't wanna mess with the Assist Trophies, then the GS4 protagonist would work fine.
You say that but there are loads. For example, this is a list of just their biggest selling franchises alone.
  • Activision - Crash, Spyro
  • Square Enix - Erdrick/Slime, Lara Croft, Sora, Crono, Geno
  • Konami - Bomberman
  • Capcom - Leon Kennedy, Dante, Phoenix Wright
  • ATLUS - Jack Frost
  • Bethesda - Dragonborn, The Wanderer, Doomguy (really hope for this one)
  • Microsoft - Steve, Banjo-Kazooie
  • Ubisoft - Ezio, Rayman, The Prince, Rabbids (SERIOUSLY NINTENDO. Give them a damn fighter! You are killing me!)
  • Warner Bros/Netherealm - Scorpion
  • Level-5 - Professor Layton
  • Namco - Heihachi, Lloyd, Solaire
  • Wayforward - Shantae
  • Yacht Club - Shovel Knight
That's 26 characters until the third party roster is pretty much done. I'd be surprised if there were any left after all these were done. I'm pretty sure everyone would be content with them. Nintendo really has a lot of potential when it comes to third parties.

But honestly I don't think the entire DLC 1 Wave is third party. But I am also half-and-half on there being a Wave 2. But if a Wave 2 exists, I really hope Nintendo fix the issues of Smash right now. Waluigi, Isaac, Bandana Dee, Dixie Kong and Ashley should really be fighters at this point and it is frustrating that parts of Nintendo's history are being shafted.

I think tbh we should not get our hopes up for DLC Wave 1 to have Isaac. It depends how close to the ballot they want to play this. If they ignore it then it will all be marketing choices. But DLC Wave 2 if it exists is where it really matters and I hope they do it along with a ballot. If we got another ballot, Isaac would win hands down. He is getting bigger with each game now. And social media is helping with that!

Let's all agree. if a ballot exists we all vote for Isaac and no-one else. No matter what. If we all vote for Isaac, he'll be in the DLC Wave 2 or next Smash.

EDIT: Also the blue fabric has arrived! Though the yellow fabric is delayed until the next year mgrgrgr

Last edited:

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
Probably not so much more. Another spirit would have been legendary, instead of Isaac. And we would have at least one enemy, most probably a spirit pairing Saturos & Menardi evolving into Fusion Dragon.

• Capcom - Leon Kennedy, Dante
You forgot the Ace Attorney, Phoenix Wright! We could even argue for Amateratsu.

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
Everything related to Assist Trophies I see and about them being promoted is all about Waluigi, if Nintendo decides to upgrade one AT I fear this is big competition. I think we have to spread the message of people wanting Isaac upgraded more. I think I am going to make a compilation of people's reactions to Isaac being an Assist Trophy.

Last edited:

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Probably not so much more. Another spirit would have been legendary, instead of Isaac. And we would have at least one enemy, most probably a spirit pairing Saturos & Menardi evolving into Fusion Dragon.

You forgot the Ace Attorney, Phoenix Wright! We could even argue for Amateratsu.
I did! Silly old me!

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
It's depressing to see this thread move so slowly, but alas I shall continue to fight with all of you for Isaac.

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
I’m already nostalgic of the August-November hype train we road. Man... that was a beautiful, albeit stressful time.

I’m genuinely hopeful for the future, but it’s so hard to tell with Nintendo. They aren’t the brightest consonant when it comes to reacting to what their customers want. Especially those outside of Japan.

Golden Sun is predominately popular in almost all areas outside of Japan. We have an uphill battle here. But it’s one I’ll fight to the bitter end. And, hopefully, a Golden Sun revival will make fandoms of other games speak out more.

We’ve been stuck in a cycle of Mario, Zelda, Pokemon and Kirby games for far too long.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
So, what character has everyone been playing mostly in WoL? It was Kirby for me until I got Mii Swordsman. Now, I just play Mii Isaac the whole time. Just finished fighting Rathalos and took a lot of great snapshots with Mii Isaac.

Which reminds me. Has anyone been able to duplicate the Rathalos pic yet? I will try when I get home.

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
So, what character has everyone been playing mostly in WoL? It was Kirby for me until I got Mii Swordsman. Now, I just play Mii Isaac the whole time. Just finished fighting Rathalos and took a lot of great snapshots with Mii Isaac.

Which reminds me. Has anyone been able to duplicate the Rathalos pic yet? I will try when I get home.
Little Mac mostly because its easy mode lol

osby

Smash Obsessed

Palutena because she's surprisingly good at cheesing CPU enemies.

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038

I've gotten Ness fairly recently, and before that I mostly used Lucas. I did find Mii Swordfighter, so I did tried him out
for a bit (Mostly for Isaac).

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

I’m just using the latest character I unlocked. Which was great until I unlocked Incineroar and had to play a ton of time with him (I hate Incineroar’s kit). Fortunately I just got Young Link.

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace

In WoL, Marth because I haven’t unlocked Ike. Spirit Board, Ike because he roflstomps just about everything.

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Hey out of curiosity, what custom specials does everyone use for their Isaac Mii? I still haven’t gotten around to making one yet.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Hey out of curiosity, what custom specials does everyone use for their Isaac Mii? I still haven’t gotten around to making one yet.
The ones I’ve been using are:
Neutral B - 1 Gale Strike
Side B - 2 Gale Stab
Up B - 1 Stone Scabbard
Down B - Blade Counter

Q-Long

Smash Lord
In WoL, Marth because I haven’t unlocked Ike. Spirit Board, Ike because he roflstomps just about everything.
CPUs can just not deal with my bro's aerials and tilts

You say that but there are loads. For example, this is a list of just their biggest selling franchises alone.
  • Activision - Crash, Spyro
  • Square Enix - Erdrick/Slime, Lara Croft, Sora, Crono, Geno
  • Konami - Bomberman
  • Capcom - Leon Kennedy, Dante, Phoenix Wright
  • ATLUS - Jack Frost
  • Bethesda - Dragonborn, The Wanderer, Doomguy (really hope for this one)
  • Microsoft - Steve, Banjo-Kazooie
  • Ubisoft - Ezio, Rayman, The Prince, Rabbids (SERIOUSLY NINTENDO. Give them a damn fighter! You are killing me!)
  • Warner Bros/Netherealm - Scorpion
  • Level-5 - Professor Layton
  • Namco - Heihachi, Lloyd, Solaire
  • Wayforward - Shantae
  • Yacht Club - Shovel Knight
Capcom has so many great characters.... I wish they would do their own game, not Capcom Vs. whoever.

For SEGA I would love to see Axel Stone or Kazuma Kiryu or Vyse :B.

Edit: Erdrick should have a Goku color for troll purposes

Last edited:
Top Bottom