• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Tiymako

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tiymako
3DS FC
3969-4335-6560
Switch FC
4983-0183-9411
Out of all the Assist Trophies, Isaac is the one that should be playable the most. Golden Sun is a critically praised established Nintendo series that sold millions and Isaac is by far the most requested character not in the roster as he was consistently in the top 5 in compilation smash ballot polls. Sakurai knows what characters are the most popular due to that poll, which is how got K. Rool and Dark Samus, he definitely knows that Isaac is wanted and maybe just didn't have time to make him as a character in the base roster so an assist trophy is the best we got. I just hope that assist trophies are not the barrier the fans think they are.

One glimmer of hope we have right now is that Chrom is still a part of Robin's final smash, So Robin's FS didn't prevent Chrom from getting in, if anything it made it easier because his model was already there.
I feel the reason for that is that a playable character makes you feel connected to them in some way, where as just seeing Isaac as an Assist Trophy doesn't connect well because Assist's are not controllable.

Ninetales Commander

Smash Cadet
We need a designated leader in this, it needs to be someone that has a genuine love for Golden Sun and Isaac especially. I originally was willing to campaign for Matthew and/or Felix but when I read an earlier post from someone, sorry dude can't remember your username, I changed my mind as if we start requesting Felix and Matthew, it would essentially reset our entire progress as we'd be starting right from the ground. There's no point doing that because not only would we be giving up on Isaac but also all the progress we've made with this.
If I may offer a good choice as leader, I'd say BillyBo10K is a great choice. You tell from his reaction that he genuinely was crushed by Isaac's reveal as an assist trophy which to me speaks volumes about his love for the character.
In addition, the leader needs to be stalwart, in other words they need to start strong and remain strong and I think BillyBo10K is the best choice for that. There could be others I'm not aware of and if so please present them but as of right now, he's the best choice in my opinion.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
if anything it made it easier because his model was already there.
It helps, but they clearly need to polish his model/textures before making him a fighter. Specifically, his face needs more detail/expressions and his hair should have more of a hair texture. You could see in the direct that he was yelling without moving his mouth.

Last edited:

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
I still wonder how that worked but mother 3 campaign didnt.

Nintendo confuses me alot
Well Mother wasn't that profitable in the west at the time honestly the fact that Operation rainfall even worked during the Wii era is a miracle

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
I still wonder how that worked but mother 3 campaign didnt.

Nintendo confuses me alot
Mother 3 didn't have a English version ready to distribute and Xenoblade was on the Wii. Even then, Xenoblade was stuck in GameStop where they sold $100 copies due to supply and demand IIRC.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Mother 3 didn't have a English version ready to distribute and Xenoblade was on the Wii. Even then, Xenoblade was stuck in GameStop where they sold $100 copies due to supply and demand IIRC.
That game is still expensive on the Wii

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman
That Isaac has been confirmed as an assistant doesn't mean he can't be a future DLC fighter. Why do I say this? Because there are rumors that one of the five DLCs will be for a second global survey (Smash Ballot 2?).
Also, very soon I will post here Nintendo phone numbers or emails for customer service so that we can all suggest or order the remake of Golden Sun, Golden Sun 4, or the very same Hans as a playable DLC character in Smash Ultimate.

We can't give up, or Golden Sun will darken again, let's not let the saga die now!

MajestyIndigo

Smash Ace
That Isaac has been confirmed as an assistant doesn't mean he can't be a future DLC fighter. Why do I say this? Because there are rumors that one of the five DLCs will be for a second global survey (Smash Ballot 2?).
Also, very soon I will post here Nintendo phone numbers or emails for customer service so that we can all suggest or order the remake of Golden Sun, Golden Sun 4, or the very same Hans as a playable DLC character in Smash Ultimate.

We can't give up, or Golden Sun will darken again, let's not let the saga die now!
Hey nice positivity there guys ! :)
Where did you see these ballot rumors ?

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
We need a designated leader in this, it needs to be someone that has a genuine love for Golden Sun and Isaac especially. I originally was willing to campaign for Matthew and/or Felix but when I read an earlier post from someone, sorry dude can't remember your username, I changed my mind as if we start requesting Felix and Matthew, it would essentially reset our entire progress as we'd be starting right from the ground. There's no point doing that because not only would we be giving up on Isaac but also all the progress we've made with this.
If I may offer a good choice as leader, I'd say BillyBo10K is a great choice. You tell from his reaction that he genuinely was crushed by Isaac's reveal as an assist trophy which to me speaks volumes about his love for the character.
In addition, the leader needs to be stalwart, in other words they need to start strong and remain strong and I think BillyBo10K is the best choice for that. There could be others I'm not aware of and if so please present them but as of right now, he's the best choice in my opinion.

I agree, this planning right now is a mess. You want to hit the 11th as a GS day, we all need to group in ONE discord and come up with a plan of action

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Out of all the Assist Trophies, Isaac is the one that should be playable the most. Golden Sun is a critically praised established Nintendo series that sold millions and Isaac is by far the most requested character not in the roster as he was consistently in the top 5 in compilation smash ballot polls. Sakurai knows what characters are the most popular due to that poll, which is how got K. Rool and Dark Samus, he definitely knows that Isaac is wanted and maybe just didn't have time to make him as a character in the base roster so an assist trophy is the best we got. I just hope that assist trophies are not the barrier the fans think they are.

One glimmer of hope we have right now is that Chrom is still a part of Robin's final smash, So Robin's FS didn't prevent Chrom from getting in, if anything it made it easier because his model was already there.
That part about Robin’s Final Smash and Chrom is exactly why I predicted Chrom would become playable this time. He was just teased too much and indeed his model was already there. I was expecting him to become a alt to Lucina this time however, and Lucinda getting a serious Awakening styled reimagined move set and Chrom sharing it as her male alt version much like Robin, Inklings, Villager and Wii Fit Trainer function. But yeah a Roy Echo really works as well.

As with Isaac. He got more to work with now. His attack pattern as a Assist are more complex now. He has a few workable Specials now, and I predict his Special moves would mostly be ‘field Psynergy’ and his Smashes a mix of Earth and sword based attacks. Like a Down Smash that’s a slash and a Earthquake. Ragnarok F Smash. And Thorns or Gaia as Up Smash maybe with a sword slash accompanied. It’s easier to imagine him now. And that might just help him become playable next time.

At the very least, I won’t expect him to become DLC. That’s a ship long sailed am afraid.

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman
Hey nice positivity there guys ! :)
Where did you see these ballot rumors ?
They are only rumors spread, in the network: such as twitter, reddit, etc. Still, it would be logical that at least one DLC character will be chosen by Nintendo fans, and if not, then through the customer service we will fight.

On the other hand, Friday 9 or Saturday 10 (before, I can't, I'm with exams) I'll post here Nintendo customer service emails, to request Golden Sun and Isaac in Smash. Hopefully, there will be luck in the long term.

We have to do something great for Nintendo to listen to us!

muznut

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 3139 6177 8504
Curious on who the DLC picks are going to be but, money goes for Banjo and Monster Hunter for my guesses.

OPeke!

Smash Rookie
Hey Guys, I love your passion, have been reading you since July.

Can't let this thread die, No ATs have been made playable before, but there is always a first time. Love that Golden Sunday initiative, i will be posting on Twitter on that day with the hashtags and buy the VC games that day (Didn't before because the VC games are only in english).

Also, Have anyone tried to ask Smooth McGroove for helping the initiative? He did some nice bah bah with the Isaac Battle theme, and also put his voice on the Did You Know Gaming of Golden Sun.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
That part about Robin’s Final Smash and Chrom is exactly why I predicted Chrom would become playable this time. He was just teased too much and indeed his model was already there. I was expecting him to become a alt to Lucina this time however, and Lucinda getting a serious Awakening styled reimagined move set and Chrom sharing it as her male alt version much like Robin, Inklings, Villager and Wii Fit Trainer function. But yeah a Roy Echo really works as well.

As with Isaac. He got more to work with now. His attack pattern as a Assist are more complex now. He has a few workable Specials now, and I predict his Special moves would mostly be ‘field Psynergy’ and his Smashes a mix of Earth and sword based attacks. Like a Down Smash that’s a slash and a Earthquake. Ragnarok F Smash. And Thorns or Gaia as Up Smash maybe with a sword slash accompanied. It’s easier to imagine him now. And that might just help him become playable next time.

At the very least, I won’t expect him to become DLC. That’s a ship long sailed am afraid.
Diddy. Did the kermlings give up when they saw the costume in smash 4?

Did the Ridley fans stop when they saw that the boss was in Smash 4?

Do you think that we should give up so easily?

We should press on, and request for a #UpgradeAssists movement, just to change the mindset of Smash Bros community.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I'll second this @BillyBo10K

We need someone charismatic with a social media presence.

On another note I think people need to look more at the bigger picture. It's not just about wanting Isaac for dlc. It's also about seeing the Golden Sun franchise return and setting us up so we have momentum for the next game.

We really need to be forward thinking with our campaign.

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I'll second this @BillyBo10K

We need someone charismatic with a social media presence.

On another note I think people need to look more at the bigger picture. It's not just about wanting Isaac for dlc. It's also about seeing the Golden Sun franchise return and setting us up so we have momentum for the next game.

We really need to be forward thinking with our campaign.
We're focusing on resurrecting GS, and going against the current mantra that we can't be upgraded to DLC as an assist.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
We're focusing on resurrecting GS, and going against the current mantra that we can't be upgraded to DLC as an assist.
I've also seen the idea floating around that people wouldn't vote for Isaac if there was a ballot vote. I believe that's very short sighted since if we were to get another ballot it most likely would only really affect the next game and not Ultimate.

A ballot vote is when we should be pushing Isaac even more, not less.

I don't think we'll get another ballot but if we do I think people not wanting to vote for assist trophies is a mindset we'll need to overcome.

SPEN18

Smash Champion
I've also seen the idea floating around that people wouldn't vote for Isaac if there was a ballot vote. I believe that's very short sighted since if we were to get another ballot it most likely would only really affect the next game and not Ultimate.

A ballot vote is when we should be pushing Isaac even more, not less.

I don't think we'll get another ballot but if we do I think people not wanting to vote for assist trophies is a mindset we'll need to overcome.
Yeah, we need to make it clear to people that they should vote for Isaac if they want him regardless of what they think his chances are for this game. Although I agree that I don't think they'll do another ballot. They have barely even used the first one lol, at least in terms of PCs.

Last edited:

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
Yeah, we need to make it clear to people that they should vote for Isaac if they want him regardless of what they think his chances are for this game. Although I agree that I don't think they'll do another ballot. They have barely even used the first one lol, at least in terms of PCs.
It is important we push that. We need to spread the word that the at deconfirming characters is only a fan rule. Not an official one. And sakurai is unpredictable more than ever now so I don’t think it’ll be that hard to rally others to our cause. Let’s just keep spreading the word on golden Sunday next week and this campaign for assist trophy promotions. Nintendo will hear if there’s enough noise.

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
On a side note I got a fun question guys. If you could choose one girl from Golden Sun as a waifu, who would you choose and why? Mine is mia cause I love her character.

D

Deleted member

Good luck with the planning and everything. You guys will find a leader no doubt.

Undella2

Smash Journeyman
You guys think we might get a second character ballot this time?
As of now, I think that Smash 4's character ballot is going to be considered/used until at least the next game.

Last edited:

Gurein

Smash Apprentice
As of now, I think that Smash 4's character ballot is going to be considered/used until at least the next game.
True that, guess the date from back can still be used today.
On a side note I got a fun question guys. If you could choose one girl from Golden Sun as a waifu, who would you choose and why? Mine is mia cause I love her character.
That's a rather tough question. Can't decide between Jenna and Sheba.
But what about husbandos? Gotta be Piers for me :^)

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Mia is definitely my favorite girl in the series so I guess I could say she's my 'waifu' but seeing as how I'm all about the husbandos that honor goes to Ivan. I'll just stick to saying he has some entertaining dialogue to keep this from getting longer than it needs to be lol.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I can see one maybe happen if they decided to do a second wave of DLC, but I can just as easily see all DLC be based on the current ballot or adding in recent characters like Spring Man and Rex.

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
I doubt there'd be a smash ballot this season as the characters for DLC were already picked out. But if (and this is a big IF) there's season two DLC, Nintendo might set up another smash ballot.

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
Oof. That’s a tough one for me. It’s an even tie between Jenna and Karis tbh. Although maybe not Karis because I feel kinda weird saying that since Ivan is my spirit animal. Jenna then. I know. Basic AF.

Honorable mentions go to Sveta.

D

Deleted member

I doubt it but if there is another maybe some rules should be set in place. Vote only once and vote for a game character.

But ah I doubt it and I think they have enough possibilities for future Smashes anyway.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I like blonde kid swordsman from Fire emblem. : ^ )
IMG_3617.JPG

I'm already having a difficult trusting that they would take most of the popular suggestions from last ballot.

The controversy over the ballot has become a huge mess.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I can see one maybe happen if they decided to do a second wave of DLC, but I can just as easily see all DLC be based on the current ballot or adding in recent characters like Spring Man and Rex.
If we get a second ballot choice for DLC would a whole wave of DLC be based upon it? If we only get one space available for Ballot choices then the space becomes that much harder to fight for; whereas, having a whole wave dedicated to a second ballot choice helps us immensely.

Edit: The only thing swinging in our favor of a potential second ballot is how new the Switch is and how more market heavy Nintendo's current president is.
Shuntaro Furukawa is a business and thus more aggressive when it comes to making money who would see the potential gains of allowing DLC filled with requested characters by the fans as profit. Shuntaro is over Sakuai since he is the head of Nintendo and can request him to allow a second ballot for a new wave of DLC. Shuntaro would do this since any high ranking ballot characters would sell immensely well as DLC.

Last edited:

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Oof. That’s a tough one for me. It’s an even tie between Jenna and Karis tbh. Although maybe not Karis because I feel kinda weird saying that since Ivan is my spirit animal. Jenna then. I know. Basic AF.

Honorable mentions go to Sveta.
Pretty much why I was hesitant to want to list a Dark Dawn husbando cause it basically boils down to Mia's family line lol.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
If we get a second ballot choice for DLC would a whole wave of DLC be based upon it? If we only get one space available for Ballot choices then the space becomes that much harder to fight for; whereas, having a whole wave dedicated to a second ballot choice helps us immensely.

Edit: The only thing swinging in our favor of a potential second ballot is how new the Switch is and how more market heavy Nintendo's current president is.
Shuntaro Furukawa is a business and thus more aggressive when it comes to making money who would see the potential gains of allowing DLC filled with requested characters by the fans as profit. Shuntaro is over Sakuai since he is the head of Nintendo and can request him to allow a second ballot for a new wave of DLC. Shuntaro would do this since any high ranking ballot characters would sell immensely well as DLC.
Furukawa has stated he wants DLC for all their biggest games and Splatoon 2 DLC when on for a year and a half (its still not quite done yet). Plus, Season 2's for DLC are becoming more prominent. Granted, those games have smaller rosters nowadays as well.

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
Not just that, but Isaac is still fresh in the minds of those who watched the Smash Direct. Golden Sun has continued to spread since the rerelease on the Wii U and has only widened the fanbase.

Social Media has become more modern and it is now easier to spread news and start movements. That is one major benefit of not being in the Brawl days.
Also alot of the other fanbases who got their characters (K. Rool, Ridley, and Simon) had people coming over to join supporting Isaac before the last Direct. So if anything the number of supporters who want him in has increased since the newcomers list has been shortened to the point (at least in terms of 1st party characters) there is nobody left that fans want except Isaac and a few others like Bandana Dee.

Undella2

Smash Journeyman
Everyone in DD: Hey look guys it's Alex.

Arcanus: I'm not Alex.

Everyone in DD: Are you sure about that?

Arcanus: *takes off small mask* Yeah, I'm Alex.

Everyone in DD: GOLLY, NONE OF US SAW THAT COMING, ISN'T THAT RIGHT?

Alex: *sigh*

Top Bottom