• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

D

Deleted member

PlayerEssence they report on Nintendo and gaming news? Don't know if they would but maybe worth a shot.

Oh what about Abdallahsmash026? He does walkthrough sometimes of Nintendo games could he help?

D

Deleted member

Derrick and Jonah are the ones you'd want to talk to maybe ash as well
I think they seem like a no go. Everyone said Andre might be against or refuse. So probably a no for them. Again it's fine my best to them they like what they like. I'll leave it at that.

Best option is to find Youtubers who'd be open to helping and like Golden Sun. They don't it's fine my best to them that's fine. Okay final thing I'll say in it.

Let's find people who would be willing to help.

Last edited by a moderator:

TappyBat

Smash Ace
PlayerEssence they report on Nintendo and gaming news? Don't know if they would but maybe worth a shot.

Oh what about Abdallahsmash026? He does walkthrough sometimes of Nintendo games could he help?
Tweeted to OJ already to see if he'd help hasn't said anything yet. Haven't even thought about Abdallah! yeah let's try him!

D

Deleted member

Thanks TappyBat anyone and everyone is helpful, at this point. If they can't do it it's fine but anyone's help to show Golden Sun is still alive and well can help.

I watch a channel called RGT 85 he talks and discusses Nintendo and other gaming stuff? Maybe him might not be as big as some of the channels mentioned but maybe worth a try?

Last edited by a moderator:

ZelDan

Smash Master
So when people say doing stuff on Twitter on the 11th ewhat exactly do we mean?

I have a Twitter account about rarely use it.

TappyBat

Smash Ace
I asked em seems we don't know what his opinion on GS is yet. but he needs to LP it if he's up for it!

TappyBat

Smash Ace

#31,573
Nov 11th GS reale day in NA we just go on twitter and start tweeting about golden sun, good memories, art, fan remixes, any memes etc. stuff like that. we're trying to noctied by ninty senpai again oh! and get the games off the wii U eshop or the gba carts if you can and show those off too! we need to spread the word and show them we still care!

I will copy paste this as much as I need too

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Tweet to Nintendo about Golden Sun, talk about the series, tweet anyone saying and mentioning the series. Like your favourite Golden Sun memories. Just spread the word about the games much as you can. Thanks TapppyBat that's all the people I can think off. It's a start let's hope it leads somewhere.

TappyBat

Smash Ace
Tweet to Nintendo about Golden Sun, talk about the series, tweet anyone saying and mentioning the series. Like your favourite Golden Sun memories. Just spread the word about the games much as you can. Thanks TapppyBat that's all the people I can think off. It's a start let's hope it leads somewhere.
NP! happy to help!

D

Deleted member

Yeah that and anyone else who will listen like TappyBat said post songs, remixes, memories, anything the main point.

Is to let Nintendo know the series is not dead, and an assist trophy however cool. Will not derail his support.

So spreading that on the 11th in any way helps.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
So, what else could we do that not only spreads Golden Sun, but mention/spread the idea of #UpgradeAssists on the 11th? Just tag it with #IsaacForSmashDLC as well?

D

Deleted member

Okay guys done what I can for now. All the best let's get this done.

Next week.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Sorry for the delay on my direct analysis, been really busy

First off is the Ken and Inceneroar trailer. I thought personally it was a fantastic trailer. Seeing Little Mac and Ken square off in the boxing ring was a real treat plus Ken looks fun. Then came in Inceneroar, who I didn't expect to see there, though I no clue who those eyes belonged to before Inceneroar entered the ring. Man, Inceneroar looks like a blast to play as. His wrestling type moveset and his expression make him a great fit to Ultimate. Got really hyped to see K. Rool at the end of that trailer.

Then Sakurai said that was it for characters and the hype kinda died down after that. Then I had that feeling a lot of you had when you guys watched it live. The Spirits thing didn't really interest me all that much maybe I'll watch that part again to better understand it.

The hardest part of the whole thing was seeing Isaac and Shadow become ATs again. Yeah definitely was a big deflating moment, though I had experienced it with Waluigi at E3 and Smash 4 plus the whole Ridley stage boss late reveal. It sucks that we have all that hope and promise and the potential hints... only for it to come crashing down at that moment. I thought Shadow was a lock as an echo, but I was wrong on that part. The Grinch leak was the only leak that I really paid attention to because of Banjo & Kazooie, Isaac, and Shadow. I never fully believed it 100%, but yet I leaned on it somewhat. It sucks that someone had to toy with our hype and emotions like that and he played it perfectly with the leak coming at a time in which the whole Smash community was famished for any kind of information and latched on to it. More on the Isaac AT later.

Here it is, the out of nowhere, curveball, unexpected, surprise reveal we didn't see coming. The Piranha Plant. It actually happened. Sakurai/Nintendo made a plant in a pot playable. I am amazed that I actually happened, but yet I feel disappointed at the same time. It's got a cool moveset that only Sakurai could think of. It kinda sucks to see a common enemy like a piranha plant playable before major requests like Dixie, Waluigi, Isaac, Banjo/Kazooie, and so forth. I like to think head canon that Steve (The Piranha Plant) got into Smash. I'm waiting for the Bowser's Kingdom creators to animate something related to Steve getting in (HI GUYS!). With this, it opens the door for generic/common enemies to become playable and that isn't a good sign at all going forward.

Not gonna lie here, Isaac being an assist again really stings and brought on disappointment when I watched it the other night. I was optimistic and a lot of you fellow Adepts were too. As a fan of K. Rool, Waluigi, and Ridley, I have tasted defeat and disappointment time and time again. The confirmation of K. Rool and Ridley renewed my hope in the Smash speculation scene once again. With those two confirmed, other characters would have to fill their shoes. This thread quickly became the Ridley thread in terms of increasing pages in a short amount of time. I had hope for Isaac to get in this time and some of the potential hints got me a bit excited prior to the direct. It'll sting for a bit, but all you have to do is move forward.

Nazyrus Nazyrus I vastly prefer your Isaac render over the new AT model by far. You got a full model or is that in the works?

All of you were great and still are. I'm not ready to give up on Isaac for Smash. He has a ton of potential that can easily translate well into Smash. Don't listen to the detractors. They are just loud-mouth schnooks who don't know better and blinded by their own ignorance. I've been a part of the process that brought back K. Rool after 10 long years of absence and getting Ridley in despite the odds. I want to be a part of a process that will bring Isaac into Super Smash Bros. as a playable character once and for all. Maybe hopefully we can get some new Golden Sun content along the way. Never give up fellow adepts.

FantastiqueFran

Smash Cadet
NNID
Haruki-KunST
Back from my Red Dead Redemption binge. I drew a rough sketch of Arthur Morgan giving his hat to a crying Isaac, giving his condolences to what happened with the text "Chin up, Little Cowboy." I'll get around to post the final sketch soon, but I'm glad to know you guys are still kicking it despite the odds!

I got bombarded with harassment and people calling me "entitled" for wanting one character. ONE. I did what I would normally never do. I'm tired of this passive shtick. I'm tired of playing the nice guy who STILL get's crapped on by the whole universe because said universe hates him. The Isaac community endures this too much. So I did what I don't do. I bit back, I bit back really hard. Folk's telling me the character is dead. I did a burn out on half the cash in one reply. Folk's telling me he's to niche, so I respond by striking right in the fire and asking if they knew what in the hell a xenoblade was before smash 4. Folk's telling me he's an anime swordsman, I respond by questioning if they did five minutes of research. Folk's telling me to "sit down boy" cause I haven't waited 20 years so apparently my opinion didn't count, responded in kind by asking if that Magolor pick of his felt good to wear.

I know I shouldn't have done that. But good god did it feel cathartic. I felt like I blew through years of rage in the time span of about an hour. I have never seen an Isaac fan lash out, until I did. Which is hilarious because I saw people responding as though I HAD lashed out. Well they poked the bear, so I responded with as much spite and as many barbs as they painted me to have.
Hey, cheer up! As someone who's always been passive on having the underdog/unpopular opinions ("Zelda: Breath of the Wild was good, but I liked Horizon: Zero Dawn better"), we all have to vent out our anger and frustration somehow. It's never a good thing to bottle it up (take it from someone who's done it before and learned the hard way).

But I must say this: "Sometimes, it's better to walk through hell with a smile then burn with the rest. The payoff will be so worth it in the future." (From an anonymous user I know)

Hence why I try to be more positive on the internet. It's better to be the nice guy than the unlikable jerk.

~~~

I know this will be random, but hear me out. So, yesterday Blizzard dropped another Overwatch cinematic short starring McCree (finally!) and the new playable character Ashe along with a developer update.

I find it funny that Blizzard dropped a short about McCree a week after Red Dead Redemption II was released and only a day after the Smash Direct aired. Coincidences everywhere...

Anyways, why do I bring this up? Well, remember when I said I'd wait until 2020 until I buy Ultimate? Well, I'm treating Ultimate like I did Overwatch, except the circumstances are different.

For the sake of Overwatch, despite being so hyped for that game, I decided not the get the game until by the beginning of January 2018. It was one of those games where I had to see what direction the game was going in, both developer and community-wise. While the community was (and still is) a dumpster fire of problems and the developers looked like they still had no idea what they wanted to do with this game (and the still kinda don't know now. Poor Jeff...), things were getting better on the developer's part with interesting new characters, maps, and a some good choices in balancing the game in my opinion.

The community is still garbage though, despite the devs implementing an endorsement system. In fact, I feel as though the Smash Community is turning into the Overwatch Community when it comes to toxicity, except now it's condescending, snobbish asshats. As I write this, I expect to be burned at the stake by the Smash Community at any moment, but hey, I'm used to everyone else getting pissed off because someone else had an opposing opinion.

Since they announced that the Fighter DLC Pack will go on until 2020, I'll wait and see what the Smash Devs have under their sleeves. I did before with Overwatch and I'll do it again with Smash Ultimate.

I don't know why... I guess I wanted to further explain my personal reasons why I did what I did.

Don't get me wrong. I'll support my Golden Boi and I'll be there on November 11th. Until then, let's keep the positivity train going!

Last edited:

Undella2

Smash Journeyman
Why do people say DD sucked even though it got good-to-great average reviews on nearly every website I've seen it on?

Having played through it, it really isn't that bad of a game, (though I am the type of person to not really care about points-of-no-return on my first playthrough of a game.)

Sure, it had it's flaws, like characters over-reacting to the smallest things or the low difficultly, but I found it an enjoyable experience overall myself.

And I prefer it's character and summon designs to TBS's and TLA's ones.

Last edited:

LuminoZero

Smash Apprentice
And I prefer it's character and summon designs to TBS's and TLA's ones.
Absolutely. The second half of the party (with a singular exception) has the most in depth characterization in the entire franchise. Sveta and Amiti, especially, get an exceptionally large amount of development and attention for a Golden Sun character. Hell, Sveta's basically the focus of the plot for the second third of the game and the protagonist for the final third.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
I'd honestly love to help on the 11th, but I don't have a Twitter due to my constant dislike of Twitter itself, so... are there other ways I could help out?

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
I'd honestly love to help on the 11th, but I don't have a Twitter due to my constant dislike of Twitter itself, so... are there other ways I could help out?
If you are in any other social media, translate it to there, or buy the games from the e-shop on that day (in case you haven't) or invite someone to try out the games, literally all of those help ~

Silo777

Smash Journeyman
So I was rewatching the direct and another thought came to my mind. They used the old Felix battle theme remix for his AT reveal. It’s weird, you’d think if the demand was enough to get his AT back in they’d at least put Isaac’s battle theme in, remixed or not. What if the reason is that there are no new Golden Sun tracks...because they’re DLC.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Have we spoken to the guy who was in charge of the King K Rool campaign? I think their input could be invaluable.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So I was rewatching the direct and another thought came to my mind. They used the old Felix battle theme remix for his AT reveal. It’s weird, you’d think if the demand was enough to get his AT back in they’d at least put Isaac’s battle theme in, remixed or not. What if the reason is that there are no new Golden Sun tracks...because they’re DLC.
No. It's probably one big remixed Golden Sun battle theme with Isaac's battle theme remixed into it.

Icana

Smash Apprentice
I don't either.

People like us can probably start 'Golden Sun Appreciation' threads on whatever message boards/forums we frequent (be it gaming, anime, movies, etc). We can also bring up Golden Sun on discords that aren't about that series, just to get that name out there and briefly crossing peoples minds. And maybe add in how we'd love to see Isaac for Smash Ultimate DLC while we're at it, just to get the idea out there.

Last edited:

Silo777

Smash Journeyman
No. It's probably one big remixed Golden Sun battle theme with Isaac's battle theme remixed into it.
If that were the case, why not just jump to the point where Isaac’s battle theme starts? Instead they jumped to where Felix’s battle theme starts. Why would they do that if they had access to Isaac’s? Also, I personally don’t find it likely that they’d take an old remix from like 10 years ago and add a battle theme to it. At that point it would be much easier to just make Isaac’s separate, no?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If that were the case, why not just jump to the point where Isaac’s battle theme starts? Instead they jumped to where Felix’s battle theme starts. Why would they do that if they had access to Isaac’s? Also, I personally don’t find it likely that they’d take an old remix from like 10 years ago and add a battle theme to it. At that point it would be much easier to just make Isaac’s separate, no?
That's certainly possible. I just have a real hard time to picture Isaac as a playable character right now, with him being a AT and all. There might be a big plottwist and suddenly, we get a Golden Sun 1 remake that somehow focusses more on Felix's story, making him more of a main character and we get HIM playable instead but... I just don't see it. We are living in the timeline where Golden Sun has died it seems.

Silo777

Smash Journeyman
That's certainly possible. I just have a real hard time to picture Isaac as a playable character right now, with him being a AT and all. There might be a big plottwist and suddenly, we get a Golden Sun 1 remake that somehow focusses more on Felix's story, making him more of a main character and we get HIM playable instead but... I just don't see it. We are living in the timeline where Golden Sun has died it seems.
Can’t blame ya for not being able to see it. I think the factor is that it just hasn’t happened yet. Keyword is yet. I think if Sakurai really wanted Isaac as DLC, he wouldn’t let an AT stop him. Time will tell though I suppose, until then all we have is crazy theories.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Another thought...

Isaac is popular on Jeuxvideo right? We should open communication (actual communication) with the Isaac/Golden Sun fan base over there.

The same goes for his fan base in other countries too.

Last edited:

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Another thought...

Isaac is popular on Jeuxvideo right? We should open communication (actual communication) with the Isaac/Golden Sun fan base over there.

The same goes for his fan base in other countries too.
That'd be a great idea I even know what we could call our selfies Operation Sunrise

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Can’t blame ya for not being able to see it. I think the factor is that it just hasn’t happened yet. Keyword is yet. I think if Sakurai really wanted Isaac as DLC, he wouldn’t let an AT stop him. Time will tell though I suppose, until then all we have is crazy theories.
I can only believe he'll be more likely for a next time inclusion, like the likes of Dark Samus, Chrom, Isabelle and Ridley before him. It's apperant this time that a LOT of previously unplayable but hugely popular characters as them got promoted to fully playable this time. Even King K.Rool was a Mii Fighter costume, and Daisy was always a Peach alternative costume. If the next Smash releases in about 5 years or so, I could see it happening. And it would be quite possible cause Smash 4 Wii U isn't even all that old yet honestly.. barely 4 years old. If Isaac can have lasting popularity till a next Smash happens, which am quite sure of he will, there's a good chance he'll be playable then. But honestly, we might just REALLY need a Golden Sun remake or so before it becomes possible.

He's not really comparable to the other big popular characters anyway honestly... Ridley and King K.Rool are from well established Nintendo franchises. K.Rool hasn't shown up in a while, but that doesn't matter much if his home game is so well known all over the globe, as well as getting remade and ported quite a lot in the recent years (SNES Mini for example and the Virtual Console) and DKC returning to it's platforming roots, and possibly getting more attention in the future. Isaac doesn't quite have all this going for him.

We need a new game people. It's painfully obvious. I still am sort of skeptical to see King K.Rool return in DKC because of Smash honestly... We also never saw a new Ice Climber game even if Ice Climbers are now in 3 Smash games. Sheik never returned to a Zelda title despite being a 4 time veteran now. Ganondorf is also shafted mostly for his pig / beast form in recent Zelda games. Star Fox characters are popular in Smash, yet the main franchise won't do anything but SF64 remakes, MOTHER 3 will never be localised, FF7's remake won't come to Switch most likely, Metal Gear won't get it's titles on the Switch... I think Smash's influence on other franchises is hugely overestimated honestly.

Tiymako

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tiymako
3DS FC
3969-4335-6560
Switch FC
4983-0183-9411
My gloves have long since been off when it came to Isaac, even back in the days of his missing assist in 4. I've always called out people who were misinformed about Golden Sun and their fans or wanted to make false claims like Golden Sun not selling well. Of course, my screen name is pretty different across all my social media accounts and I've pretty much been calling out fandom jank for years across the various ones I've been in so I'm used to being insulted or generalized for liking a certain thing, it's almost tame in comparison, but still annoying to see.

Edit: There's really more R.I.P. Isaac and fans expressing their condolences than anything, not really much 'Haha, trolled!' compared to the former.
Yeah, not everyone is trolling us as I thought and as long as we stay strong together as a community we will get a new Golden Sun!

Personally, I am supporting any Golden Sun Main Character for Smash. Felix, Mathew and Isaac. I will spread the word of Golden Sun and I will certianly keep supporting Isaac, Mathew and Felix to the end! Also raising awareness of wanting a new Golden Sun!

I am really glad to see we are bouncing back up again, it's like we all took massive damage and are at 1 HP, but we still stood up anyways! We can't do this alone, but together we sure as hell can!!

On that note, I plan to draw something for the Golden Sun community. It will also include some of my characters as well as Golden Sun characters.

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
Out of all the Assist Trophies, Isaac is the one that should be playable the most. Golden Sun is a critically praised established Nintendo series that sold millions and Isaac is by far the most requested character not in the roster as he was consistently in the top 5 in compilation smash ballot polls. Sakurai knows what characters are the most popular due to that poll, which is how got K. Rool and Dark Samus, he definitely knows that Isaac is wanted and maybe just didn't have time to make him as a character in the base roster so an assist trophy is the best we got. I just hope that assist trophies are not the barrier the fans think they are.

One glimmer of hope we have right now is that Chrom is still a part of Robin's final smash, So Robin's FS didn't prevent Chrom from getting in, if anything it made it easier because his model was already there.

Top Bottom