• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Also alot of the other fanbases who got their characters (K. Rool, Ridley, and Simon) had people coming over to join supporting Isaac before the last Direct. So if anything the number of supporters who want him in has increased since the newcomers list has been shortened to the point (at least in terms of 1st party characters) there is nobody left that fans want except Isaac and a few others like Bandana Dee.
It's funny that we have become more prominent of a choice than ever before.

We can use this AT and the timing to our advantage.

We mustn't give up so easily.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Anyone seen that tweet that features the Piranha plant laughing hysterically at Isaac, Shadow, and Waluigi? It has 2.9k retweets and 7.7k likes. Obviously the take away is how much publicity Isaac is getting for being one of the main frontrunners in this whole assist trophy meme. Wonder if the Smash community may meme ourselves into a new game for Golden Sun lol.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Anyone seen that tweet that features the Piranha plant laughing hysterically at Isaac, Shadow, and Waluigi? It has 2.9k retweets and 7.7k likes. Obviously the take away is how much publicity Isaac is getting for being one of the main frontrunners in this whole assist trophy meme. Wonder if the Smash community may meme ourselves into a new game for Golden Sun lol.
It shows how much the community understands the pain that AT's have to go through.

That doesn't mean we should let it be the end.

We need to bring about change in order to change speculation and the community's opinions about AT's and characters.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
I've been thinking. We shouldn't only have "one leader" as that can be rough. Instead have several that have different media connections to be our voice, while at the same time, we use our voices as well.

For example:
Billybae10K Billybae10K for YouTube
Isaac: Venus Adept Isaac: Venus Adept for Twitter (Smash)
Jupiter Ivan Jupiter Ivan for Twitter (Upgrade Assist movement & GS Revival)
KoopaSaki KoopaSaki for Smast Tournaments
XenoWarriorX XenoWarriorX for Isaac SmashBoards ( N3ON N3ON is still leader of that obviously)

That's just an example though and this rough draft list can change at anytime. Having one leader personally is going to be tough to have as we all have lives. So, having several or more would not only lessen the load of work, but it will help spread the message of Golden Sun, Isaac for DLC, and #UpgradeAssists far easier and faster.

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
I've been thinking. We shouldn't only have "one leader" as that can be rough. Instead have several that have different media connections to be our voice, while at the same time, we use our voices as well.

For example:
XenoWarriorX XenoWarriorX for Isaac SmashBoards ( N3ON N3ON is still leader of that obviously)

That's just an example though and this rough draft list can change at anytime. Having one leader personally is going to be tough to have as we all have lives. So, having several or more would not only lessen the load of work, but it will help spread the message of Golden Sun, Isaac for DLC, and #UpgradeAssists far easier and faster.
I like this idea far more than having a singular leader tbh...

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
Everyone in DD: Hey look guys it's Alex.

Arcanus: I'm not Alex.

Everyone in DD: Are you sure about that?

Arcanus: *takes off small mask* Yeah, I'm Alex.

Everyone in DD: GOLLY, NONE OF US SAW THAT COMING, ISN'T THAT RIGHT?

Alex: *sigh*
Lol that drove me insane in dark dawn it was obvious it was him. Worst disguise ever.

Last edited:

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
It shows how much the community understands the pain that AT's have to go through.

That doesn't mean we should let it be the end.

We need to bring about change in order to change speculation and the community's opinions about AT's and characters.
I'm also hoping Nintendo is noticing how much attention Isaac in particular is getting from this. I've yet to see a reaction where the person didn't know who Isaac was, it's either them feeling bad for the Golden Sun fans or feeling bad themselves (again don't tend to see much outright laughing/mocking his state).

Though if another ballot rolls around to decide the next DLC slot or whatever, definitely have to get the community off of seeing the AT as the end for a character's chances as you say.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Also alot of the other fanbases who got their characters (K. Rool, Ridley, and Simon) had people coming over to join supporting Isaac before the last Direct. So if anything the number of supporters who want him in has increased since the newcomers list has been shortened to the point (at least in terms of 1st party characters) there is nobody left that fans want except Isaac and a few others like Bandana Dee.
Bandana Dee, Dixie Kong, Waluigi are some big ones. Waluigi has definitely grown a lot since the ballot. In terms of first-party characters I think Isaac is probably the most wanted now, but there's still several others who are really highly requested.

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord

For example:

I really like that idea.

I am extremely proud of us for moving forward like this. Thank you guys so much for sticking with this. The thread has been just as hard to keep up with as it’s been for the past month. That is incredibly impressive and gives me a lot of hope.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Bandana Dee, Dixie Kong, Waluigi are some big ones. Waluigi has definitely grown a lot since the ballot. In terms of first-party characters I think Isaac is probably the most wanted now, but there's still several others who are really highly requested.
I don’t know.... I like to think that and he’s very popular, but Waluigi is more well known around the world and has become a meme. I’d still say he’s the most popular overall. Isaac maybe is the most popular in the community.

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
If we get indeed another ballot we need to get out the example of the past one! Telling people how Nintendo said it was for Smash 4 and it actually wasn't as to not let ourselves get fooled by that, because if we do we lose votes and now is when we need it the most!

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Furukawa has stated he wants DLC for all their biggest games and Splatoon 2 DLC when on for a year and a half (its still not quite done yet). Plus, Season 2's for DLC are becoming more prominent. Granted, those games have smaller rosters nowadays as well.
Exactly. Furukawa is a business man who cares mostly about profits and wants to follow with what works. Our objective is mainly Furukawa since he is Sakurai's superior regarding the positions at Nintendo. It would take someone like Furukawa to get Sakurai to promote assist trophies.

Sure, Sakurai has heard the outcry of Isaac and other beloved characters not being playable, but he has no incentive to promote anybody. What we know is Sakurai is a hard worker and loyal employee of Nintendo.

If we can get Furukawa's attention with fan demands for promoting DLC then he will pressure Sakurai to promote our characters.

ferioku

Smash Ace
I've held back in posting because of the whole direct.

I just want to start of by saying am definitely still dissapointed and nothing will take that away from me, I was fine with Inceneroar being the final character but Piranha Plant will always remind my that Sakurai really doesn't give a crap about GS. The fact that he held everything to last minute, showed that he really wanted to let down a lot of fans out there...

The disappointment didn't last lang for me because I held expectations LOW, I always say that having too much of a positive mindset will only be your downfall, there always has to be a balance, especially if it isn't looking realistic...

Regardless of all of this, I will definitely stand by Isaac and make sure I can do what ever the hell I can to get him in the game as a playable character, if not him then Felix or some other Golden Sun Character. I keep getting this sort of hope that maybe there is a new GS game in the works and Sakurai is saving that particular protagonist for future DLC, but that's just being unrealistic(obviously that will never happen =/).

Anyway Nintendo should at least get the point now, we want a new GS game and it really should honestly take higher priority than another Mario Sports game - there are way too many and a majority of them don't even sell...

Anyway... I'll still be buying smash because it is indeed one of my favorite games. Sigh... I wish this turned out differently but we don't have any control of the roster and apparently we can't influence anything either. Thanks again for trying your best guys!

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
This is sort of unrelated but related to Sakurai.... if you could nominate a protege for Sakurai, someone to take hold of the series under his guidance, who would you nominate? Which Game Developer could stick closely to the spirit of smash, or even add somthing new to it?

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace

For example:

I’m all for leading the charge via the smash tournament scene. I’ll get the competitive players to know how much we want this.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
I could potentially be willing to make videos about evidence we've seen and try to get them out there, but I don't have as much influence as Billy does and there's always the risk I could just get ignored or shut down by people, so...

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
If we get indeed another ballot we need to get out the example of the past one! Telling people how Nintendo said it was for Smash 4 and it actually wasn't as to not let ourselves get fooled by that, because if we do we lose votes and now is when we need it the most!
The past ballot is a good example of how Isaac contended with the big leagues like Ridley and King K. Rool; however, that ballot was made when we were in separate camps. We already have some King K. Rool fans that moved onto supporting Isaac.

Our Mission is clear and here are our objectives:
  1. Get huge support behind Isaac to rally the bases and show his marketing potential as a promotable Assist Trophy. Refer to Super Smash Flash 2's Isaac for unique and fun moveset potential.
  2. Get Furukawa's attention by showing the potential profits promoting Assist Trophies would be.
  3. Start recruiting more Isaac supporters from those undecided or whose characters already got in.
  4. Unite of all the AT characters' fanbases as a massive push so it is too big to ignore.
Our main goal is to convince Furukawa who will incite Sakurai to increase DLC waves and promotable assists. A whole wave for promotable DLC gives Isaac a 1/5 chance of being playable.

Last edited:

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
I don’t know.... I like to think that and he’s very popular, but Waluigi is more well known around the world and has become a meme. I’d still say he’s the most popular overall. Isaac maybe is the most popular in the community.
Definitely the most popular from a series without a fighter.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
I've held back in posting because of the whole direct.

I just want to start of by saying am definitely still dissapointed and nothing will take that away from me, I was fine with Inceneroar being the final character but Piranha Plant will always remind my that Sakurai really doesn't give a crap about GS. The fact that he held everything to last minute, showed that he really wanted to let down a lot of fans out there...

The disappointment didn't last lang for me because I held expectations LOW, I always say that having too much of a positive mindset will only be your downfall, there always has to be a balance, especially if it isn't looking realistic...

Regardless of all of this, I will definitely stand by Isaac and make sure I can do what ever the hell I can to get him in the game as a playable character, if not him then Felix or some other Golden Sun Character. I keep getting this sort of hope that maybe there is a new GS game in the works and Sakurai is saving that particular protagonist for future DLC, but that's just being unrealistic(obviously that will never happen =/).

Anyway Nintendo should at least get the point now, we want a new GS game and it really should honestly take higher priority than another Mario Sports game - there are way too many and a majority of them don't even sell...

Anyway... I'll still be buying smash because it is indeed one of my favorite games. Sigh... I wish this turned out differently but we don't have any control of the roster and apparently we can't influence anything either. Thanks again for trying your best guys!
We all wish it turned out better. We still feel the sting deep down, but it has shown us too that if we want something done, we better do it now! If we don't, Isaac's chances to be playable will diminish more so as well as another GS game being made. It's taken us 8 years to finally get Isaac's name and GS out again to the public, and all it took was a simple image by Sakurai to unintentionally spark the flame of hope in all of us Adepts and to many others. Imagine what we could do from here and not dwindle away like we always do? Isaac being an AT again should be our first checkpoint, not the finish line.

Besides, along with our movement for #UpgradeAssists, we will also have another movement for a new Golden Sun game too and to get Golden Sun relevant again. In the end, we WILL get something out of it all.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Waluigi would be a top contender for one promotable DLC spot, but why not push for a DLC Wave? That gives Waluigi fans and Golden Sun fans an equal chance to be in the game. They get their Purple Trickster and we get our Golden Body. Uniting our forces is the best move as of now.

We get Furukawa to force a promotable Assist Trophy DLC wave then we are in the clear.

Last edited:

Q-Long

Smash Lord
Waluigi would be a top contender for one promotable DLC spot, but why not push for a DLC Wave? That gives Waluigi fans and Golden Sun fans an equal chance to be in the game. They get Purple Trick and we get our Golden Body. Uniting our forces is the best move as of now.

We get Furukawa to force a promotable Assist Trophy DLC wave then we are in the clear.
Agreed. An entire DLC season could be this. Would be perfect. Then we could work together with other communities and have more people to defend us if they accuse us of being ungrateful or whatever.

Of course the idea I offered is the Isaac AT is replaced by Matthew when Isaac is active. No idea how this would work for Waluigi.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Agreed. An entire DLC season could be this. Would be perfect. Then we could work together with other communities and have more people to defend us if they accuse us of being ungrateful or whatever.

Of course the idea I offered is the Isaac AT is replaced by Matthew when Isaac is active. No idea how this would work for Waluigi.
It is easier to sell the idea of an alliance when both parties appear to be on equal footing.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Waluigi would be a top contender for one promotable DLC spot, but why not push for a DLC Wave? That gives Waluigi fans and Golden Sun fans an equal chance to be in the game. They get their Purple Trickster and we get our Golden Body. Uniting our forces is the best move as of now.

Has anyone talked to any of the other fanbases stuck in AT hell to set something up? Because I’ve only seen the Golden Sunday plan.

Last edited:

Quetzal77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
yomugo
3DS FC
1349-4940-0147
Seeing as no one has made one yet, I made this very hastily. It's not the best but the idea is that we can spread it around social media and other forums. Anyone is free to use it to support Isaac.

Link here: https://m.imgur.com/a/yC7rvn8

TBuYNxC_d.jpg

Edited to add the hashtags

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Seeing as no one has made one yet, I made this very hastily. It's not the best but the ide is that we can spread it around social media and other forums. Anyone is free to use it to support Isaac.

Link here: https://m.imgur.com/gallery/XlVAakp

View attachment 175663
Hmm....Maybe adding DLC Wave 2 would help this image going around. Making it DLC Wave 2 shows that the first Wave of characters get their chances first and that we are not trying to take any chances away from characters who are not Assists.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Seeing as no one has made one yet, I made this very hastily. It's not the best but the idea is that we can spread it around social media and other forums. Anyone is free to use it to support Isaac.

Link here: https://m.imgur.com/a/XlVAakp

View attachment 175663
Looking good! Might wanna add #UpgradeAssists if you want, but we'll see. : )
Hmm....Maybe adding DLC Wave 2 would help this image going around. Making it DLC Wave 2 shows that the first Wave of characters get their chances first and that we are not trying to take any chances away from characters who are not Assists.
I would like this too!

Last edited:

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman

Waluigi, Isaac, and Shadow would probably be top contenders for promotion DLC. Zero, Crystal, Ashley, Black Knight would also be up there. Black Knight and Shadow could be semi clones so easier to make.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
Hey a banjo fan here I just had an Idea BUT I don't know how to illustrate it to sakurai.

In the world of smash its toys fighting & like toys there are more then one of a toy being sold so why not turn every playble characte INTO an AT ? if there currently not in play then they can have a chance at being an AT like Mario who will only throw fire balls or incinaroar who will only use revenge when in use as an AT that way everyone can be a AT

that way characters like isaac & shadow can still be playable as DLC despite there AT statuse ! Nintendo needs to see smash ultimate as a game where we can keep getting DLC & DLC of characters we the fans actually want ! (not a pirahna plant)

IDK just an idea I had :/

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Has anyone talked to any of the other fanbases stuck in AT hell to set something up? Because I’ve only seen the Golden Sunday plan.
I saw some fans respond kindly to my propositions of an Alliance; however, the number was about 2-3 per support group.

Some of them are burnt out or still getting over the deconfirmation sting. Just remind them of our alliance plan further down the road after their regather morale.

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman

Or just make adult Isaac, Mario and Dr. Mario are treated as seperate entities even though it is just different iterations of the same character.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Waluigi, Isaac, and Shadow would probably be top contenders for promotion DLC. Zero, Crystal, Ashley, Black Knight would also be up there. Black Knight and Shadow could be semi clones so easier to make.
I feel like Isaac, Waluigi, Shadow, Ashley, and Skull Kid has been ****** around the most and deserve promotions. Maybe I’m missing a few though. That’s just off the top of my head.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Is anyone able to contact StoicSeraph StoicSeraph ? The Camelot Bros. comic Stoic makes have been great for spreading awareness of these two and making another for #UpgradeAssists would be a great way to get people on board of the idea!

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
Going through old interviews and stuff reveals that as expected, much of the new camelot staff was unprepared for the woes a new RPG would take. This was why dark dawn took so long to get off the ground. It just wasn't feasible for the production staff. But then I got to thinking, Mario Tennis Aces has a lot of RPG like mechanics sown into it's single player.

What if they're trying to gradually train this new staff into understanding the basic dynamics of RPG game design through RPG elements in the sports games? If that's the case than i'd say it's very possible that they're getting ready for a new RPG. It's just a matter of getting newer people in the company for that would obviously be a huge undertaking.

Sentinel07

Smash Apprentice
Going through old interviews and stuff reveals that as expected, much of the new camelot staff was unprepared for the woes a new RPG would take. This was why dark dawn took so long to get off the ground. It just wasn't feasible for the production staff. But then I got to thinking, Mario Tennis Aces has a lot of RPG like mechanics sown into it's single player.

What if they're trying to gradually train this new staff into understanding the basic dynamics of RPG game design through RPG elements in the sports games? If that's the case than i'd say it's very possible that they're getting ready for a new RPG. It's just a matter of getting newer people in the company for that would obviously be a huge undertaking.
If possible, it'd be nice to have Monolith Soft come in for a little assistance. They're basically Nintendo's No.1 RPG source right now. They could help train them up well.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
We aren’t?

SPEN18

Smash Champion
imho I think the easiest thing for promoted ATs would be to just disable the AT from spawning while someone is playing as that character.

This has been pointed out by at least a few people already, but it's an extremely simple solution. They don't have to change any of the models, they don't have to remove any content or waste work that was already done, and it's incredibly easy to program (could all be done in less than one day's work).

Many others in this thread have given good alternatives for this as well. The point is that upgrading ATs from a logistical standpoint is barely any roadblock at all. The more important problem is determining why Sakurai selects specific characters to be Assist Trophies. Is it because they aren't feasible to make as a playable character? Is it that they didn't have time to make them playable? Is it because they were "runner ups" that couldn't quite get into the base roster? Is it because they have one unique ability that defines their character, perhaps more suited to being an AT than a character? Is it because they represent an interesting part of Nintendo's history? Or is it simply because Sakurai doesn't deem them worthy of ever being playable? Any of these reasons and more could apply to any given Assist Trophy character. But we need to determine which if any of these reasons apply to Isaac. Why is he an AT? This is what needs answering, imo more so than determining the logistics of replacing the AT, which clearly can be done in at least a few different ways.

Top Bottom