• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
I'm with you believe me I always am.

Won't give up till he's in.
Count me in too! I am going to spread the word of golden sun and fight with you guys until we win and bring back the wonderful series! Isaac will make it into the fight and the series will be revived. We are going to raise the sun!

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
So is it possible Rex among other DLC characters might have a shot of getting in if Sakurai's comments on the Fighters Pass is anything to go by? This would at least give Isaac another shot at being in the game if it holds true.

I guess if anything, I wish we knew who was coming, but I don't imagine we'll know until sometime next year.

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
So is it possible Rex among other DLC characters might have a shot of getting in if Sakurai's comments on the Fighters Pass is anything to go by? This would at least give Isaac another shot at being in the game if it holds true.

I guess if anything, I wish we knew who was coming, but I don't imagine we'll know until sometime next year.
We keep pushing.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
XenoWarriorX XenoWarriorX Yeah at this point there's no where to go but up and how cool would it be if we got through to Sakurai and he makes a bonus DLC that wasn't planned because we ended up making an impact? It certainly beats going, 'Oh well, maybe the next Smash!' Yeah waiting another six or however many years for the project plan of Smash 6 is out of the question and that's no guarantee either if we all drift off and only come around for upcoming Smash speculation again. Either way the whole trademark renewal leaves a bit of intrigue.

TappyBat

Smash Ace
XenoWarriorX XenoWarriorX Yeah at this point there's no where to go but up and how cool would it be if we got through to Sakurai and he makes a bonus DLC that wasn't planned because we ended up making an impact? It certainly beats going, 'Oh well, maybe the next Smash!' Yeah waiting another six or however many years for the project plan of Smash 6 is out of the question and that's no guarantee either if we all drift off and only come around for upcoming Smash speculation again. Either way the whole trademark renewal leaves a bit of intrigue.
we need answers about that it's driving me nuts! is it a hoax to get our hopes up so we can stop asking while they make more bad sports games? is it actully happening? what does it mean?

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Thanks, and it does mean a lot that you guys would have faith in me to lead. If you need my help or want my advice feel free to ask.

I'm not exactly sure what I'd be joining at this point, though. Do you guys have a plan yet? I think an easily-understandable name/hashtag and a clear goal would be the first steps, and that entails whether you want to focus on just Isaac or not. I really wouldn't suggest pushing for multiple characters, even if that nets you a larger foundation on which to build. The ideal outcome becomes less realistic and the hypothetical outcome of one character getting in but not the others would fracture the campaign. It would lose steam after that, given a massive contingent would fall away. The only actual beneficiaries from that are those who care about all the characters within equally, which is a subset too specific from which to expect a successful movement.
honestly, I'm just as confused were an Isacc support group but we have no leader but i think the best goal would be getting the series back Isaac in smash is such a small goal go for the entire series make it profitable then we could get our boy but meh him in smash is cooler.

Q-Long

Smash Lord
yeah i would rather push for this smash

this is the only time isaac is probably gonna be able to hangout with all of these peeps before the eventual cuts of smash 6
this game will probably have dlc support for a while so its going to be a long wait
it would be cool to see isaac alongside ridley, k rool, and other fan characters that have made it
golden sun isnt getting any younger
imma be old :B

you know sega and konami made polls of what series they wanted to revive. wish there was a way to influence nintendo to do so

Undella2

Smash Journeyman
I see no major reason why DD's story needs to be retconned. I am extremely against retconning something that works perfectly well for what it is, and what it is, is, well, a Golden Sun story.

If anything, it needs to be completed in a GS4/DD2.

RSF-Blue bomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lethlintejection
3DS FC
5069-3977-0380
guys it might not mean anything but it has been discovered that chrom is still in robins ultimate. so what is stopping isaac from being playable and an assist trophy. also look at rathalos he is more than just an assist trophy. im not telling you to raise your hopes but it is something to think about.

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
So I don't know what the consensus is on the petition with the other character threads. Not everyone is down for it, but I think it would really bolster our numbers. I have already started making the petition (admittedly I have never done anything like this before). I am thinking about what I should say and would like some feed back.
If anyone is still interested in this.
View attachment 175403View attachment 175404
Dunno if anyone has sent you any suggestions yet cause I am playing catch up but it could go something like this:

Greetings fellow Smash fans who had their favorite characters made into ATs. We here at the Isaac thread wish to form a group comprised of all fanbases, in order to inspire Sakurai and Smash team into creating playable versions of our characters in future DLC releases. We believe that if we garner enough support that Nintendo will take notice of us and the possibility of monetary gain for them through our supporters.
Honestly we here would glady pay for our character to be upgraded as we are sure you all feel the same.
Any fanbase is welcome to join us as long as we keep things as civil as possible. Lashing out or any other negative activities is discouraged, because we want to be seen as a beacon for our characters that can be appreciated and respected.

Anyone interested in joining go to "set up a link" and let us change Smash for the fans.

TappyBat

Smash Ace
yeah i would rather push for this smash

this is the only time isaac is probably gonna be able to hangout with all of these peeps before the eventual cuts of smash 6
this game will probably have dlc support for a while so its going to be a long wait
it would be cool to see isaac alongside ridley, k rool, and other fan characters that have made it
golden sun isnt getting any younger
imma be old :B

you know sega and konami made polls of what series they wanted to revive. wish there was a way to influence nintendo to do so
it's a shame they're too stuck up to do so. least t feels that way

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
I agree with this. Thanks to our speculations and the insane publicity stunt that was the Grinch leak, significantly more people recognize who Isaac is now. Those who've had given up hope, had found their voices again in support of our character, if only briefly. The last few weeks saw the sun shine on our character more than it ever has in years! People at least know and have a visual of who Isaac is. With Felix and Matthew, we're looking at having to start from scratch again.

Now, while we'd love to see Isaac, from Golden Sun 1, promoted to fighter within this same game as DLC, there are a couple other scenarios that could work out if our voices were to reach Nintendo and the Smash director with strong enough sway:

One potential scenario is Sakurai is not compelled to simply scrap AT's in Ultimate in favor of turning them into fighters within the same game. He could compromise with us and decide to in fact develop Felix or Matthew as fighters in Isaac's place. And if those characters are popular, we could get an Isaac echo in a later Smash.

Second scenario is... Adult Isaac! He could decide to go this route instead without having to scrap the AT. I think Adult Isaac would appeal to a lot of people with his more older, cooler, modernized design. His age and beard would sync more with western tastes and would attract the aging Smash fanbase, plus the younger crow who tend to bandwagon on what's cool within the larger community. My nostalgia is with GS 1 Isaac, but I'd be willing to compromise with having Adult Isaac be playable for DLC in Ultimate. And again, potential echo for young Isaac in a future Smash, if the character proves too popular to cut.
Also adult Isaac would make sense as that is what he would be in GS4 if they make the sequel to DD. Perfect for advertising.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Hmm...

A Sequel set shortly after the events of Lost Age, huh?

Hmm... that gives me an idea...

What if the protagonist of this hypothetical sequel is a non-adept (boy or girl, it doesn't matter) who gains power after the Golden Sun event?

The antagonist could also be someone under the same circumstances.
I envisioned said story following Isaac and co. rather than any other character and the premise steams from what Kraden said at the end of The Lost Age. That of course, being the dangers associated with the re-introduction of Alchemy to the world of Weyard and fears of nations building armies of adepts, ushering the land to war that the wise men mentioned in the prologue attempted to prevent.

And honestly, I believe this would have been the angle Camelot went with if they made GS3 around 2005-2006 rather than 2010. It would have made a lot more sense.

As for the antagonist, it really should be Alex because TBS and TLA builds him up as an imposing, manipulative figure and we go through all the games without actually fighting him. And worst of all, we don't even know why Alex seeks the power of the Golden Sun and what caused him to be the way he is. Maybe this hypothetical GS3 could really get to the nitty gritty of all that and have a final face off where Isaac & Felix go face to face with Alex in the last boss fight.
You can decanonize Sveta over my dead body.
*insert Thanos snapping his fingers here* :lol:

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
I envisioned said story following Isaac and co. rather than any other character and the premise steams from what Kraden said at the end of The Lost Age. That of course, being the dangers associated with the re-introduction of Alchemy to the world of Weyard and fears of nations building armies of adepts, ushering the land to war that the wise men mentioned in the prologue attempted to prevent.

And honestly, I believe this would have been the angle Camelot went with if they made GS3 around 2005-2006 rather than 2010. It would have made a lot more sense.

As for the antagonist, it really should be Alex because TBS and TLA builds him up as an imposing, manipulative figure and we go through all the games without actually fighting him. And worst of all, we don't even know why Alex seeks the power of the Golden Sun and what caused him to be the way he is. Maybe this hypothetical GS3 could really get to the nitty gritty of all that and have a final face off where Isaac & Felix go face to face with Alex in the last boss fight.

*insert Thanos snapping his fingers here* :lol:
The problem with having Alex as the antagonist of a game set very shortly after the Golden Sun event is that... well... Alex at that time was... occupied.

The idea I had was that it was someone who gains a lot of power very quickly and lets it all go to his head, or something.

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
I don't want to be repetitive but it has to mean something given the new terms that were added to it and that were completely unnecessary for just an AT

Omg Xeno you are being optimistic! I am loving it! I am on board to keep pushing for our Golden boy, we have to keep the momentum going on and November 11 is a great chance!
Yeah I know, Xeno was the harbinger of doom during our dry spell between Isabelle and the last Direct lol. Nice to see that he gets positive when everything goes south.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
The problem with having Alex as the antagonist of a game set very shortly after the Golden Sun event is that... well... Alex at that time was... occupied.

The idea I had was that it was someone who gains a lot of power very quickly and lets it all go to his head, or something.
Well this GS3 ignores Dark Dawn so i'm not taking that in to consideration.

Yeah you could have a lot of factions in the world who become obsessed with the power of alchemy and attempt to establish dominance over Weyard. That's the common thread in said game. Of course this all ties in the end with Alex, being the manipulative SoB that he is going at war with all the nations.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Been reading comments on Reddit and there are quite a few people already talking about AT promoting. That is good!

KMDP

Smash Legend
Well this GS3 ignores Dark Dawn so i'm not taking that in to consideration.

Yeah you could have a lot of factions in the world who become obsessed with the power of alchemy and attempt to establish dominance over Weyard. That's the common thread in said game. Of course this all ties in the end with Alex, being the manipulative SoB that he is going at war with all the nations.
I meant that Alex was trapped under a mountain, presumably for a decently long time, it all depends how long he managed to break free and how long this game is set after the events of the Golden Sun event. :laugh:

If it's only a few months, you could have Alex make an appearance, recovering from injuries sustained from being crushed by a mountain.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
I couldn't stop seeing these words in my head every time I looked at Isaac's new render pose. This is going to be my new go to, 'Delete This' for tumblr stupidity. Hey, brings awareness to Isaac right? lol.

Deletethis.png

SPEN18

Smash Champion
https://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/d...ltimate-nintendo-direct-unleashes-new-details

Hey guys, Isaac got a mention in Nintendo's official Direct recap! The only other ATs mentioned were Guile (makes sense because he's thrid-party and came with Ken), Spring Man (he's "relevant," so makes sense), and the Mario Paint Flyswatter (it's Mario, need I say more? probably mentioned to show off the variety of wacky things that are ATs). It means almost nothing, but at least one person at Nintendo cared to mention him.

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
All I want to say right now is how awesome it is to see us all rallying and fighting without a shadow of a doubt that we can get Isaac into ultimate despite his reveal as an AT. I really want you guys to stay strong and keep pushing because we very much are heading towards making history in gaming when we pull this off. Let's go get our awesome franchise back and get our golden boi to fight the Nintendo greats!

LuminoZero

Smash Apprentice
I'm about 90% sure it's just a coincidence, but it's a funny one.

The "Homing Scatter Beams" is actually fairly common in fantasy.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
https://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/d...ltimate-nintendo-direct-unleashes-new-details

Hey guys, Isaac got a mention in Nintendo's official Direct recap! The only other ATs mentioned were Guile (makes sense because he's thrid-party and came with Ken), Spring Man (he's "relevant," so makes sense), and the Mario Paint Flyswatter (it's Mario, need I say more? probably mentioned to show off the variety of wacky things that are ATs). It means almost nothing, but at least one person at Nintendo cared to mention him.
That's actually pretty awesome. I've actually seen another media site dedicating a whole article to Isaac's reveal as an assist, he's pretty much the 'shining star' of the assists his absence from 4 was noted and crazy how so many people are aware that he was wanted.

On another note there is this site:

https://www.gamerevolution.com/news/452047-smash-bros-ultimate-assist-trophies-isaac

They're describing the assists and they say this about Isaac:

• Golden Sun‘s Isaac returns as an Assist Trophy despite what many were hoping for. He still has his giant hand to push characters off the stage, but his other magic spells come along this time as well. He can grab characters with the hand and smash them down, just like a certain Master Hand.

And oh rip, nvm. Dang I was just about to get hype that maybe Isaac's assist does something other than the utility psynergy hands but I guess what they mean by 'other magic spells' is just lift and whatnot.

SPEN18

Smash Champion
Seriously. World Of Light has a Golden Sun reference.

wow.
Interestingly enough, the alleged reference is to the Doom Dragon, which I think is the fight that was supposed to be referenced in the Rathalos tweet. Probably a coincidence, though.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I meant that Alex was trapped under a mountain, presumably for a decently long time, it all depends how long he managed to break free and how long this game is set after the events of the Golden Sun event. :laugh:

If it's only a few months, you could have Alex make an appearance, recovering from injuries sustained from being crushed by a mountain.
Yeah I see this as taking place 2-3 years after The Lost Age. Enough time for Alex to be scheming again lol.

KMDP

Smash Legend

Seriously. World Of Light has a Golden Sun reference.

wow.
Cruel Ruin about sums up what Galeem did. :laugh:
Yeah I see this as taking place 2-3 years after The Lost Age. Enough time for Alex to be scheming again lol.
Part of the reason why I posed a "Non-Adept gets powers from the Golden Sun event" plot is because if you use Isaac and the gang, you'd have to explain why they're all Level 1 again.

Of course, then you run into the problem of "Why doesn't Isaac and co. just come in and fix the problem themselves". :laugh:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Crazy/insane thought: Sakurai didn't have enough time to develop Isaac (and a few others too), but didn't want Isaac left out again so he made him as an AT...for now...

Obviously that's VERY unlikely. But one can hope/dream. Haha!

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Part of the reason why I posed a "Non-Adept gets powers from the Golden Sun event" plot is because if you use Isaac and the gang, you'd have to explain why they're all Level 1 again.

Of course, then you run into the problem of "Why doesn't Isaac and co. just come in and fix the problem themselves". :laugh:
JRPG logic lol.

I imagine there would be a lot of political drama in Weyard and Isaac & friends are left to decide what to do in the midst of all the chaos going on in the world. Makes for interesting scenarios.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Crazy/insane thought: Sakurai didn't have enough time to develop Isaac (and a few others too), but didn't want Isaac left out again so he made him as an AT...for now...

Obviously that's VERY unlikely. But one can hope/dream. Haha!
Actually I was thinking back to the whole insiders confusion about Isaac. Remember how Mystic kept saying how confident he was in Isaac cause of several sources? And then we had Sephazon say that Isaac was an oddball for him but that inside sources were disagreeing with? Like if we had seen gameplay footage of that Isaac clip, we all in here would know Isaac was an assist. How was there confusion on some other ends with some thinking he's playable and the others not? What gameplay footage did they see?

Of course there's also muh bad sources but that's not as fun and tinfoil hat-ish.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Actually I was thinking back to the whole insiders confusion about Isaac. Remember how Mystic kept saying how confident he was in Isaac cause of several sources? And then we had Sephazon say that Isaac was an oddball for him but that inside sources were disagreeing with? Like if we had seen gameplay footage of that Isaac clip, we all in here would know Isaac was an assist. How was there confusion on some other ends with some thinking he's playable and the others not? What gameplay footage did they see?

Of course there's also muh bad sources but that's not as fun and tinfoil hat-ish.
Yeah; I wish Mystic would actually tell us what's up with that... he's one of the only decent insiders out there.

Q-Long

Smash Lord
Jeez... that does look like Cruel Ruin. It is a common cliche, but it makes it even sadder he's not in lol

I guess it used Cruel Deconfirmation earlier before meeting with the cast on the Brawl/Smash4 Cliff

LuminoZero

Smash Apprentice

A very good point. Even Verge wasn't sure about Isaac until literally the eve of the Direct.

What conflicting information were they getting that made them so uncertain?

Quetzal77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
yomugo
3DS FC
1349-4940-0147
I've been seeing a lot of images for DLC concepts. Is there any for Isaac yet? If not we should get one ready and tweet it along with the hashtags #Isaac4Smash and #UpgradeAssists. This is one I came across for Shantae, for reference.

DrIB8IHVsAEEJcD.jpg

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
They probably saw a blurry screenshot or video of Isaac. So they couldn't tell
Source 1: "Can you make out who that... OMG it's Isaac!"

Source 2: "Really? He's in the game?!"

Source 3: "Shouldn't we check to be sure that he's not just an assist aga--"

Source 1: "Dude Sakurai's not bringing him back as an assist! We in this boys!"

Insider: "So what can you tell me about Isaac? People getting more curious with this Grinch le--"

All sources: "OMG Isaac's in!"

Top Bottom