• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
Option number 2 is best IMO, those two games were amazing so if a remaster is done right it'll attract a lot of people to the franchise
Remake the first two games into one that way we don't have to use the stupidly long transfer password.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Can anybody get ahold of N3ON and let us vote on what to do as a unit?
I haven't been around in here because I admire the perseverance you guys are showing, but we went through all these motions last time. Trying to organize a movement, catch the attention of those with sway, affect change. I remember rallying fans across sites and creating promotional material for Isaac. Pretty sure one of you still has the "Isaac for Smash" banner I made back then as your sig. It's a noble endeavour, and it speaks to the fanbase, but we were already given a platform through which to have our voice heard. It was given attention a grassroots campaign really has little shot of achieving, and was a guaranteed conduit to the development team.

Yes, we showed up on the ballot in full force and did tremendously given out situation, but that was the best shot to prove our mettle. And that we did, clearly they know that there is demand for Isaac. They wouldn't have brought him back if not for us. They heard us, they know popularity exists, and they gave us a consolation prize for it. The thing you're trying to impress upon them is something of which they're already aware. To that end, to have a campaign succeed, you'd a) need to achieve levels of demand greater than the ballot, which given the grassroots nature of what you're attempting compared to an official, Direct-promoted ballot, will be a herculean task. And b) you'd need to impress this upon Nintendo.

People do seem more tuned into Isaac now than in the past, so if you wanted to strike while the iron is hot, I wouldn't blame you. I see people going "Oh no, Isaac didn't make it?!" who I didn't even know knew about Isaac, and it's like... but where were you prior to last week though? But, at the same time, I've been down this road before, and I remain skeptical towards its effectiveness. So were you to go through with this, I would not be a suitable figurehead. That's why I've not much contributed. I don't want to rain on the good intentions of the activism.

However, if you are intent on moving ahead with this, I do have some advice. Don't focus on Felix or Matthew, that's basically starting from square one. People don't know them too well, people know Isaac. Don't share the campaign with another character. Not only is that asking more from the developers, but it muddies the goal and will splinter the movement unless everyone within wants all those characters equally. Imagine you get one but not another, and suddenly a huge chunk of the movement is gone. Keep in mind that Nintendo makes the decisions and commissions the products, directing your focus on Camelot won't be as effective. Have unified branding, don't go around with different hashtags. Look at what past successful campaigns did. Get people who can speak other languages and reside on other sites, all the fans needs to be unified and galvanized. You'll need mouthpieces, and forums aren't conducive to that, that's more a Youtube thing. Create videos to spread. Take targeted actions, a large wave will get more attention than a constant drizzle. Which requires forethought and planning. Which requires a base of operations. So you can vote on what to do first, but I'd go make a discord, decide on your branding (make it simple) and proliferate it across different platforms online. I know Pwnapplez Pwnapplez inquired about me making the discord, but not only am I not overly familiar with discord, but I think the movement would be in better hands with those more proactive and optimistic than myself.

Good luck.

Arsenal234

Smash Apprentice
I'm really liking this #UpgradeAssists. I'm just going to drop this here: A new petition. I made it today hopefully it can be the start of something great. Things are subject to change, and I am open to feedback. I'm going to make the rounds to the other character threads to see if they want in. I will need help sharing it (not money, but sharing it or tweeting it) It would be great if we could get the support of some youtubers who support these characters.
WaddleMatt WaddleMatt I would love to use the #UpgradeAssists if that is alright?

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I'm really liking this #UpgradeAssists. I'm just going to drop this here: A new petition. I made it today hopefully it can be the start of something great. Things are subject to change, and I am open to feedback. I'm going to make the rounds to the other character threads to see if they want in. I will need help sharing it (not money, but sharing it or tweeting it) It would be great if we could get the support of some youtubers who support these characters.
WaddleMatt WaddleMatt I would love to use the #UpgradeAssists if that is alright?
Go ahead. I already spread the word, start spreading the hashtag on twitter and all other social media.
Edit: WaddleMatt, let him use it. I already informed the other supporters of Assist Trophy characters.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
If there's a new Golden Sun, what do you want ?
- A brand new game with a new main character.
- One big game including the two GBA games.
- A brand new game with Isaac as the main character.
A Golden Sun remaster that includes both games would be pretty great.

It'd be interesting to have a prequel game about how Alchemy was sealed, but that might be a story best left untold.

SPEN18

Smash Champion
Actually, I’d argue that Isaac would me even even more sense for DLC than base if a remake is in the works. Think about it, Camelot is fresh off Tennis Aces. If their next project is a Golden Sun remake, they probably won’t be able to show it for a while. Not in time for base, certainly. If Golden Sun was revived because of the smash demand, wouldn’t it make sense to reveal Isaac with the new game? They’ve used smash to advertise before. I can see them being able to reveal the game and Isaac at the same time in about a year.
If this was indeed the case, it would also explain his AT. They wouldn't want GS fans to go without anything at all in the base game, so the AT would be a little something to have until DLC. Of course, they put a decent amount of work into reimagining the AT, so this would probably be unlikely, but it's not like they can't build off that work to make a full PC.

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
You don't need to ask me lol, go for it!

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Well, guys and gals, it was fun; however our golden boy didn't get in, but there is hope for Smash 6. This time around it looked like they added characters based on how much they've been wanting them for years... Maybe with all the fuss Isaac supporters stirred up this go around he will be among the first characters to be added in the next generation.
I think this movement will help Isaac stay on people's minds. I want to spread a movement not to insult Sakurai's choices, but to convince that there is enough support for the golden lad. Besides, the answer isn't clear yet. "Can Assist Trophies be upgraded through DLC?", until Sakurai gives a firm answer, i'm not giving up hope that this is the end.

I understand if you've lost hope that anything will happen in ultimate. That all of this hype crashing down has led you to thinking that we're never becoming a character. But that doesn't help. It /hurts/ his chances. I'd recommend to stay supportive of Isaac, but you don't have to. I'll still be here, supporting Isaac.

Because if Nintendo or Ballots can't change the future, then who will? a rise. A movement in questioning the real possibility of Assist Trophy upgrades.
I'm all in for any movement to bring our Golden Boy in to Smash.

It is really unfortunate. Looking at the trend of how Sakurai treats Nintendo franchises from the 2000's (barring Animal Crossing and Pikmin which is a different story). Advance Wars, Custom Robo, Chibi Robo, and Sin & Punishment don't even get their Assist Trophy in game (especially worse for Advance Wars, a series with so much historical significance to Nintendo). And then there's even Rhythm Heaven that got practically nothing in this game.

Like Sakurai only cares about the NES-SNES era of Nintendo and all the third party stuff he can add in. It's so frustrating.

I feel like a movement for Isaac would help reverse this trend and bring the spotlight on series like these that aren't as retro as the NES/SNES era but not as modern as the Wii-Switch era.

It's time we made a difference and we can't give up now just because Isaac's an AT. I'll do what I can to help.
THIS! This is the attitude we must adapt going forward. We must continue to support. Otherwise, we don't make a true difference.

And i feel so bad for Advanced Wars. : ( It pioneered the idea of the switch with the canned AW 64.

I haven't been around in here because I admire the perseverance you guys are showing, but we went through all these motions last time. Trying to organize a movement, catch the attention of those with sway, affect change. I remember rallying fans across sites and creating promotional material for Isaac. Pretty sure one of you still has the "Isaac for Smash" banner I made back then as your sig. It's a noble endeavour, and it speaks to the fanbase, but we were already given a platform through which to have our voice heard. It was given attention a grassroots campaign really has little shot of achieving, and was a guaranteed conduit to the development team.

Yes, we showed up on the ballot in full force and did tremendously given out situation, but that was the best shot to prove our mettle. And that we did, clearly they know that there is demand for Isaac. They wouldn't have brought him back if not for us. They heard us, they know popularity exists, and they gave us a consolation prize for it. The thing you're trying to impress upon them is something of which they're already aware. To that end, to have a campaign succeed, you'd a) need to achieve levels of demand greater than the ballot, which given the grassroots nature of what you're attempting compared to an official, Direct-promoted ballot, will be a herculean task. And b) you'd need to impress this upon Nintendo.

People do seem more tuned into Isaac now than in the past, so if you wanted to strike while the iron is hot, I wouldn't blame you. I see people going "Oh no, Isaac didn't make it?!" who I didn't even know knew about Isaac, and it's like... but where were you prior to last week though? But, at the same time, I've been down this road before, and I remain skeptical towards its effectiveness. So were you to go through with this, I would not be a suitable figurehead. That's why I've not much contributed. I don't want to rain on the good intentions of the activism.

However, if you are intent on moving ahead with this, I do have some advice. Don't focus on Felix or Matthew, that's basically starting from square one. People don't know them too well, people know Isaac. Don't share the campaign with another character. Not only is that asking more from the developers, but it muddies the goal and will splinter the movement unless everyone within wants all those characters equally. Imagine you get one but not another, and suddenly a huge chunk of the movement is gone. Keep in mind that Nintendo makes the decisions and commissions the products, directing your focus on Camelot won't be as effective. Have unified branding, don't go around with different hashtags. Look at what past successful campaigns did. Get people who can speak other languages and reside on other sites, all the fans needs to be unified and galvanized. You'll need mouthpieces, and forums aren't conducive to that, that's more a Youtube thing. Create videos to spread. Take targeted actions, a large wave will get more attention than a constant drizzle. Which requires forethought and planning. Which requires a base of operations. So you can vote on what to do first, but I'd go make a discord, decide on your branding (make it simple) and proliferate it across different platforms online. I know Pwnapplez Pwnapplez inquired about me making the discord, but not only am I not overly familiar with discord, but I think the movement would be in better hands with those more proactive and optimistic than myself.

Good luck.
I admire the intentions. I still believe we have a shot than we've had the first few times. Mostly from the publicity of everyone's disappointments, and the accessibility of social media and the internet.

We also have more to this assist trophy than simply "pushing", so there's a lot more to go off of here.

However, i will respect your wishes. And i can only hope that you find some way to regain the hope for isaac that you once had. As i hope one day, your and our dreams become a reality.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I want a remake of the first two games that retcon's Dark Dawn and instead focuses on a sequel shortly after the events of The Lost Age rather than a 30 year time skip.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Well, guys and gals, it was fun; however our golden boy didn't get in, but there is hope for Smash 6. This time around it looked like they added characters based on how much they've been wanting them for years... Maybe with all the fuss Isaac supporters stirred up this go around he will be among the first characters to be added in the next generation.
Smash 6? We are still fighting for this game friend.

Last edited:

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289

Good luck.
well if you're not gonna lead us so to speak will ya at least join us :) wouldn't feel right seeing how you kinda started this thread and all

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I think all are likely scenario's, but a remake would still boost Isaac's chances the most in this case.

So i'll go with Option 2. : 3

Btw guests. You can make an account and join the discussion. It won't hurt much at this point. You're still contributing to something positive.

Last edited:

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
Eh....

Isaac being on the base roster for Ultimate made "too much sense". I've heard that one before.

Personally I feel like Isaac is only going to be a possibility for dlc if a Golden Sun remake is in the works.

Though if that was the case I'd wonder why Sakurai didn't include him on the base roster since he would know the game was in development.

To be fair I do think them trademarking the English name for Golden Sun in Japan is interesting. What reason would they have for doing that?
I don't want to be repetitive but it has to mean something given the new terms that were added to it and that were completely unnecessary for just an AT
Everyone, i want this thread to keep the steam going.

We're already at 786. We can push to 800. 900. 1000. We need to show that we support this character and want him in Smash/want a remake/want a new game.

Giving up is a death sentence. It means we don't ever get what we want. If that happened with Ridley's fans, they wouldn't have gotten what they wanted.
Omg Xeno you are being optimistic! I am loving it! I am on board to keep pushing for our Golden boy, we have to keep the momentum going on and November 11 is a great chance!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

Good luck.
There is indeed a Discord that a bunch of fans have gathered. Maybe it should be promoted more to get more people involved but that's not up to me. There are a few Isaac themed Discords, and the one I was in recently merged with another one to keep things more organized.

Last edited:

TappyBat

Smash Ace
I don't want to be repetitive but it has to mean something given the new terms that were added to it and that were completely unnecessary for just an AT

Omg Xeno you are being optimistic! I am loving it! I am on board to keep pushing for our Golden boy, we have to keep the momentum going on and November 11 is a great chance!
yeah it's fishy as all hell. new game? but I thought they were working on like some knight thing or whatever so maybe not yet. I guess it could be for smash, but why just single us out and not the other franchises? it's too damn confusing!

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
So I heard that the DLC characters where characters originally intended for the base roster....do you think this bodes positively for Geno, Isaac, Banjo, etc?

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
It's weird, but despite the AT news, i still feel there is more to talk about than an F-Zero character at this point. I'm so /unusually/ positive.
There is indeed a Discord that a bunch of fans have gathered. Maybe it should be promoted more to get more people involved but that's not up to me. There are a few Isaac themed Discords, and the one I was in recently merged with another one to keep things more organized.
Yeah, the discord has been up for a few months.

https://discord.gg/4HxSEJc

For those who haven't joined yet, you can use this link that has infinite uses and no time limit.
yeah it's fishy as all hell. new game? but I thought they were working on like some knight thing or whatever so maybe not yet. I guess it could be for smash, but why just single us out and not the other franchises? it's too damn confusing!
You're telling me. lol

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
If this was indeed the case, it would also explain his AT. They wouldn't want GS fans to go without anything at all in the base game, so the AT would be a little something to have until DLC. Of course, they put a decent amount of work into reimagining the AT, so this would probably be unlikely, but it's not like they can't build off that work to make a full PC.
I do indeed think Isaac is plausible as DLC, and the AT is just a teaser until a new GS game can be announced. People seem to think AT's prevent characters from being DLC, but the fact is that AT's, especially this game's more advanced ones, are already partway through the motions of being fully playable. Arguably an AT may be better to promote to playable than anything.

Our track record isn't an accurate assessment. Like, if Sakurai came out and said "if I make a character an AT I have no intention of making them playable as DLC", ok, whatever, I'll accept that. But that's not happened, and last time, most of the characters added were veterans anyway, while the rest were either third-party characters or a character from a brand new game. That's not exactly a lot to go with.

In fact, based on Sakurai's statements, Rex came too late to be chosen... almost makes me think that DLC this time is entirely based on who they couldn't finish for the base roster. Which likely means it'll be heavily ballot based. Isaac's AT is just so he's not completely MIA this time.

We can't possibly know this, obviously. Its just something that could wind up being the case.

What knight game? Honestly, I think its possible they've been trying to work on GS for a while, but Nintendo asked them to make Ultra Smash (which got that game rushed) then they hired more people so they could work on both a new GS and Aces. But its really quite hard to say.

I want to examine the credits on each game. If people from Mario Golf: World Tour are missing in Ultra Smash (Ultra Smash has less people than both Golf: World Tour and Tennis Aces) and are back again in Aces, that would be quite telling.

So I heard that the DLC characters where characters originally intended for the base roster....do you think this bodes positively for Geno, Isaac, Banjo, etc?
Where did you hear that?

I think its very possible that is the case. They probably wanted to add a lot more new characters, but bringing back so many returning characters meant they had to cut back on the number of new fighters. But as far as I'm aware, nothing confirms that the DLC is characters intended for the base roster. At the same time, Sakurai's statements on Rex heavily imply it is to me. Because they could have easily chosen Rex for DLC now, unless the DLC is exclusively characters they already planned before Ultimate began.

Last edited:
Alright boys. I think a hoax of a Golden Sun remastered game would work wonders. It kind of needs to be discussed privatelty so there’s no trace.

Just ideas would be game cover for Switch or a recreated battle scene of an inconic boss battle with an upgraded interface.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Alright boys. I think a hoax of a Golden Sun remastered game would work wonders. It kind of needs to be discussed privatelty so there’s no trace.

Just ideas would be game cover for Switch or a recreated battle scene of an inconic boss battle with an upgraded interface.
You kinda just gave yourself away. xD Now people who view this forum will start looking to prove any "GS Remaster" leak as false. LOL

SPEN18

Smash Champion
I do indeed think Isaac is plausible as DLC, and the AT is just a teaser until a new GS game can be announced. People seem to think AT's prevent characters from being DLC, but the fact is that AT's, especially this game's more advanced ones, are already partway through the motions of being fully playable. Arguably an AT may be better to promote to playable than anything.

Our track record isn't an accurate assessment. Like, if Sakurai came out and said "if I make a character an AT I have no intention of making them playable as DLC", ok, whatever, I'll accept that. But that's not happened, and last time, most of the characters added were veterans anyway, while the rest were either third-party characters or a character from a brand new game. That's not exactly a lot to go with.

In fact, based on Sakurai's statements, Rex came too late to be chosen... almost makes me think that DLC this time is entirely based on who they couldn't finish for the base roster. Which likely means it'll be heavily ballot based. Isaac's AT is just so he's not completely MIA this time.

We can't possibly know this, obviously. Its just something that could wind up being the case.
That part about Rex makes me think. I was honestly pretty surprised that Sakurai went over Rex being a Mii Costume and made it sound like he wasn't gonna be DLC either (don't think Rex is totally deconfirmed for DLC but he doesn't really seem likely to me judging by Sakurai's words in the Direct). In the Andy thread we were talking about the DLC chars possibly being those who didn't quite make the cut for base roster, so if Rex (and by extension Spring Man) was too recent to even be DLC, this would support the idea that DLC was already planned based on who ran out of time for base.

Basically, if they hadn't already planned DLC earlier in development, then it is very likely that characters like Rex or Spring Man would be DLC. So if Rex is not DLC, then they probably made those decisions before he was a possibility, especially since he seemed so likely for DLC (and was considered likely for base before ppl knew about the project plan being in 2015-2016).

And yes, one round of DLC in 4 is not enough to discern any real patterns. We simply do not know what being an AT really means.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
well if you're not gonna lead us so to speak will ya at least join us :) wouldn't feel right seeing how you kinda started this thread and all
Thanks, and it does mean a lot that you guys would have faith in me to lead. If you need my help or want my advice feel free to ask.

I'm not exactly sure what I'd be joining at this point, though. Do you guys have a plan yet? I think an easily-understandable name/hashtag and a clear goal would be the first steps, and that entails whether you want to focus on just Isaac or not. I really wouldn't suggest pushing for multiple characters, even if that nets you a larger foundation on which to build. The ideal outcome becomes less realistic and the hypothetical outcome of one character getting in but not the others would fracture the campaign. It would lose steam after that, given a massive contingent would fall away. The only actual beneficiaries from that are those who care about all the characters within equally, which is a subset too specific from which to expect a successful movement.

TappyBat

Smash Ace

that's all you guys. i unno who to do any of that lol

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Btw you guys have already discussed a hoax too openly if you wanted it to be plausible. You know the extent the internet can sleuth.

Like I said, make a discord, decide the preliminary stuff, then plan the actions. That way this could've been private.

Q-Long

Smash Lord
UpgradeAssists is a good idea.

Of course this should include some ideas as to how to handle having a Shadow assist on the screen at the same time as Shadow.

My idea would be to replace them with a similar character. Like switch Isaac's AT out for Matthew or Felix if Isaac is active in that battle.

Of course this would make it hard for certain characters to promote. Takamaru is like the only protag in his series for example. Either go with a weird pallet swap or use another samurai Nintendo character like Ryoma or the girl from that 3ds game I forgot the name of.

LuminoZero

Smash Apprentice
lol are you talking about Matthew?
No, I'm asking if an Isaac costume for Smash would satisfy us?

No.

So a 'Sveta Clone' after nuking the game that made me actually like the character would just be adding insult to injury.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
I'm glad almost everyone here have been picking up themselves from the AT blow. With how much traction we've gotten in just a few months, we shall not let the AT confirmation stop us. Instead, it shall be our first check point! We now got Isaac (& Golden Sun) in the minds of a ton of people and got his foot back into the door to Smash. Now, for the next step. Break another "fan rule" and have AT promoting possible via DLC. Let's not let this opportunity escape us again. No matter how futile you think it is. If we don't push for DLC now, Smash 6 will not be possible. Ridley and K. Rool are in. Now it's our turn!

XenoWarriorX XenoWarriorX I am loving this optimism. Such a strange but amazing and welcoming change! Keep it up!

Q-Long

Smash Lord
I actually think if they remake GS 1 and GS 2. They should do a game before Dark Dawn.

Don't retcon Dark Dawn, but a game between them to explain loose ends. Then remake Dark Dawn in a way where there are not many loose ends. The biggest issue with the GS series, even the first two is that there were so many loose ends and mysteries. I think that's one of main reasons why we want more.

Btw you guys have already discussed a hoax too openly if you wanted it to be plausible. You know the extent the internet can sleuth.

Like I said, make a discord, decide the preliminary stuff, then plan the actions. That way this could've been private.
There are so many Ninty games (don't say them outloud in public!) this would work well for.... Golden Sun hoax has been done a couple of times though.

I wonder if the Grinch Leak made Nintendo go, "man, we gotta do something with these characters, even if not in Smash"

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
While I like the idea of the notion that Isaac and others who couldn't make base are those potential DLC slots. The fact that Sakurai didn't show us what the DLC characters are in the first place makes me think otherwise. It doesn't make sense to add Isaac as an assist if he was being planned for DLC anyways. All Sakurai would have to do is after the segment, bring out how, 'You may have noticed some popular characters missing' to that effect and then bring up said list of names that were being worked on. Having Isaac being a future DLC announcement would bypass the need to have him as an assist for base. Otherwise his assist comes off as the consolation prize.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I want a remake of the first two games that retcon's Dark Dawn and instead focuses on a sequel shortly after the events of The Lost Age rather than a 30 year time skip.
Hmm...

A Sequel set shortly after the events of Lost Age, huh?

Hmm... that gives me an idea...

What if the protagonist of this hypothetical sequel is a non-adept (boy or girl, it doesn't matter) who gains power after the Golden Sun event?

The antagonist could also be someone under the same circumstances.

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
It's weird, but despite the AT news, i still feel there is more to talk about than an F-Zero character at this point. I'm so /unusually/ positive.

Yeah, the discord has been up for a few months.

https://discord.gg/4HxSEJc

For those who haven't joined yet, you can use this link that has infinite uses and no time limit.

You're telling me. lol
I joined the discord but can't write or see the messages? Help?
And seriously, your optimism is very well received!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
There are so many Ninty games (don't say them outloud in public!) this would work well for.... Golden Sun hoax has been done a couple of times though.
There was even one for Switch a few months back, you can find it on Youtube. Looked cool, but didn't fool anyone unfortunately. :/

I wonder if the Grinch Leak made Nintendo go, "man, we gotta do something with these characters, even if not in Smash"
We can only hope. Seems likelier the ballot would have that effect though, because that's telling Nintendo directly who people cared about rather than just being presented with some characters and going "yeah, that's cool!". Because people will warm up to many characters on a dime once they get "leaked". Kids of the Chorus and Skull variety being testaments to that.

Plus if the K. Rool testimony from that NoA guy mean anything, the ballot actually will influence Nintendo games past Smash itself. So who knows. Let's hope for the best.

SPEN18

Smash Champion
No, I'm asking if an Isaac costume for Smash would satisfy us?

No.

So a 'Sveta Clone' after nuking the game that made me actually like the character would just be adding insult to injury.
Oh, okay. Sorry, I mistunderstood.
And that's totally understandable. My comment was a joke; I'm not saying we should keep making clone characters.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
While I like the idea of the notion that Isaac and others who couldn't make base are those potential DLC slots. The fact that Sakurai didn't show us what the DLC characters are in the first place makes me think otherwise. It doesn't make sense to add Isaac as an assist if he was being planned for DLC anyways. All Sakurai would have to do is after the segment, bring out how, 'You may have noticed some popular characters missing' to that effect and then bring up said list of names that were being worked on. Having Isaac being a future DLC announcement would bypass the need to have him as an assist for base. Otherwise his assist comes off as the consolation prize.

There's at least 5 DLC packs. Keyword "At least". If we have enough support, maybe that can change.
Thanks, and it does mean a lot that you guys would have faith in me to lead. If you need my help or want my advice feel free to ask.

I'm not exactly sure what I'd be joining at this point, though. Do you guys have a plan yet? I think an easily-understandable name/hashtag and a clear goal would be the first steps, and that entails whether you want to focus on just Isaac or not. I really wouldn't suggest pushing for multiple characters, even if that nets you a larger foundation on which to build. The ideal outcome becomes less realistic and the hypothetical outcome of one character getting in but not the others would fracture the campaign. It would lose steam after that, given a massive contingent would fall away. The only actual beneficiaries from that are those who care about all the characters within equally, which is a subset too specific from which to expect a successful movement.
Well, we're still thinking that Isaac should get in before anyone else. He is the face of the franchise after all.

But it will be about asking the question "Can assists be upgrade-able with DLC?", Because this has been a question that has not been answered by Sakura himself, and is only answered and assumed by fan speculation itself.

#UpgradeAssists
#Isaac4Smash
UpgradeAssists is a good idea.

Of course this should include some ideas as to how to handle having a Shadow assist on the screen at the same time as Shadow.

My idea would be to replace them with a similar character. Like switch Isaac's AT out for Matthew or Felix if Isaac is active in that battle.

Of course this would make it hard for certain characters to promote. Takamaru is like the only protag in his series for example. Either go with a weird pallet swap or use another samurai Nintendo character like Ryoma or the girl from that 3ds game I forgot the name of.

It is a good idea. I think this would only be beneficial for some characters, but AT's and Characters could still co-exist potentially to sakurai.
I'm glad almost everyone here have been picking up themselves from the AT blow. With how much traction we've gotten in just a few months, we shall not let the AT confirmation stop us. Instead, it shall be our first check point! We now got Isaac (& Golden Sun) in the minds of a ton of people and got his foot back into the door to Smash. Now, for the next step. Break another "fan rule" and have AT promoting possible via DLC. Let's not let this opportunity escape us again. No matter how futile you think it is. If we don't push for DLC now, Smash 6 will not be possible. Ridley and K. Rool are in. Now it's our turn!

XenoWarriorX XenoWarriorX I am loving this optimism. Such a strange but amazing and welcoming change! Keep it up!
Thank you! ^ u ^

Top Bottom