• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
This is a very well thought out post. Golden Sun was impressive for its time yes, but having development being started on N64 then getting moved to the GBA made it more time consuming. It is a cult favorite, but has not made much of a return as Nintendo would like.

Had Golden Sun come out on the Gamecube (and development time not wasted on the N64) I believe it would have done remarkably better, considering that the Gamecube was not too big on having RPG series since it did not get that much compared to the PS2.

Our only silver lining this time is:

1. Nintendo has released/announced all of their major hit titles. Meaning they have more incentive to dig deeper into their IP barrel to keep up momentum.
  2. Their development teams have free time to work on new projects after games get released/meet the deadline.
  3. Face it, even if Isaac did not get into Smash as a playable character Nintendo has bound to notice fan demand. Even if the Grinch Leak was fake it helped to draw more fan outcry when Isaac was not shown as playable. This shows to Nintendo that Golden Sun has a bigger audience than they initially thought.
  4. As shown with Diablo 3, Nintendo is not afraid to take risks.
Golden Sun may not have been revived through Smash as we would have hoped, but we do have a good opportunity at this time to push the series forward.
Isaac and Golden Sun is still fresh in the eyes of many; especially, after the Smash Direct. Golden Sun can only keep on reaching to people who get curious about Nintendo's lesser known titles.

Our best plan is to make a fan made Golden Sun with upgraded graphics, improved gameplay (ironing out all the no points of return) and knows the lore behind the story that made it so engaging in the first place. This will signify that Nintendo could make some potential money with a Golden Sun remake.

If there is one good thing to come from this generation's Nintendo, it is that they do not mind taking risks and want to dig deeper into their IPs.
We have good sets of Djinns to put together the Water of Life that Golden Sun itself needs, it just needs the proper direction and the original games are the perfect instructions on how to do it.

Note: If Golden Sun did not sell all too well because of the lack of marketing, then reviving Golden Sun has just gotten way easier.
I'm a big N64 enthusiast, and I didn't know Golden Sun was originally suppose to be on the N64. Really interesting.

TheSpaceKing12

Banned via Warnings
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
Everyone, i want this thread to keep the steam going.

We're already at 786. We can push to 800. 900. 1000. We need to show that we support this character and want him in Smash/want a remake/want a new game.

Giving up is a death sentence. It means we don't ever get what we want. If that happened with Ridley's fans, they wouldn't have gotten what they wanted.
Thing's are only truly over when we give up. Thankfully i'm willing to stay pretty damn persistent right now. I'm in this for the long haul.

Silo777

Smash Journeyman
Personally I feel like Isaac is only going to be a possibility for dlc if a Golden Sun remake is in the works.

Though if that was the case I'd wonder why Sakurai didn't include him on the base roster since he would know the game was in development.

To be fair I do think them trademarking the English name for Golden Sun in Japan is interesting. What reason would they have for doing that?
Actually, I’d argue that Isaac would me even even more sense for DLC than base if a remake is in the works. Think about it, Camelot is fresh off Tennis Aces. If their next project is a Golden Sun remake, they probably won’t be able to show it for a while. Not in time for base, certainly. If Golden Sun was revived because of the smash demand, wouldn’t it make sense to reveal Isaac with the new game? They’ve used smash to advertise before. I can see them being able to reveal the game and Isaac at the same time in about a year.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
most everyone left and gave up. it'll be like 2 years before we hit 1000 now
BE hopeful. Spark conversation. Engage in discussion. Overtime, we can grow at least to a sizable amount.

All I'm saying is to keep the train going, don't give up hope, and don't give up letting this deter you.

This is not the end. We won't let this be the end.

Icana

Smash Apprentice
I mean, we all know that Sakurai likes to take liberties if he thinks it's for the best. If he sees the demand for Isaac then decides to go for Felix I don't think anyone would be against that.
But we can't go asking for someone else, we've gained some momentum with Isaac which is why we gotta keep rooting for him. People not familiar with Golden Sun have a higher chance of recognizing Isaac than Felix or Matthew (who a lot of people mistake for Isaac actually)
So GO GO Isaac!!
I agree with this. Thanks to our speculations and the insane publicity stunt that was the Grinch leak, significantly more people recognize who Isaac is now. Those who've had given up hope, had found their voices again in support of our character, if only briefly. The last few weeks saw the sun shine on our character more than it ever has in years! People at least know and have a visual of who Isaac is. With Felix and Matthew, we're looking at having to start from scratch again.

Now, while we'd love to see Isaac, from Golden Sun 1, promoted to fighter within this same game as DLC, there are a couple other scenarios that could work out if our voices were to reach Nintendo and the Smash director with strong enough sway:

One potential scenario is Sakurai is not compelled to simply scrap AT's in Ultimate in favor of turning them into fighters within the same game. He could compromise with us and decide to in fact develop Felix or Matthew as fighters in Isaac's place. And if those characters are popular, we could get an Isaac echo in a later Smash.

Second scenario is... Adult Isaac! He could decide to go this route instead without having to scrap the AT. I think Adult Isaac would appeal to a lot of people with his more older, cooler, modernized design. His age and beard would sync more with western tastes and would attract the aging Smash fanbase, plus the younger crow who tend to bandwagon on what's cool within the larger community. My nostalgia is with GS 1 Isaac, but I'd be willing to compromise with having Adult Isaac be playable for DLC in Ultimate. And again, potential echo for young Isaac in a future Smash, if the character proves too popular to cut.

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I'm with you believe me I always am.

Won't give up till he's in.
So engage in discussion, share memories with golden sun, convince those unfamilar with the series to try it out.

Whether it's on here, on twitter, on Reddit, it doesn't matter.

Just keep it going. Make this thread look inviting and positive to outsiders, and to give hope to old supporters of this thread.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Can anybody get ahold of N3ON and let us vote on what to do as a unit?
I'm not too sure what happened, but I think she's still recovering from the direct. It's hard to find the strength to push forward for some, and that's fine.

Honestly, I feel bored and unsure of what to do now.
There's tons of things we can discuss about Golden Sun.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
If Isaac can't get in as playable then Felix and Matthew don't have a chance. That's my take on it.

The best chance we have is to keep supporting Isaac, even if that just means keeping him in people's minds for the next game.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
If Isaac can't get in as playable then Felix and Matthew don't have a chance. That's my take on it.

The best chance we have is to keep supporting Isaac, even if that just means keeping him in people's minds for the next game.
I agree. I honestly think we should push for GS in general. A game needs to happen on switch. Otherwise this franchise will be as dead as F-Zero. ( a franchise that hasn't gotten an entry in 13/14 years.)

Last edited:

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
I keep seeing everyone saying we need to push for Isaac. Is there a plan? Are we just signing something? Or are we just going to keep talking about how we need to do something lol.

I’m ready to help anyway I can.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I keep seeing everyone saying we need to push for Isaac. Is there a plan? Are we just signing something? Or are we just going to keep talking about how we need to do something lol.

I’m ready to help anyway I can.
The plan is celebrating Nov 11th and showing Nintendo that there is a demand for Golden sun to come back.

Then, we try to post about it at the right times. Tell others about AT's and how they aren't graveyards. There is still a chance, even if it's a small one.

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
The plan is celebrating Nov 11th and showing Nintendo that there is a demand for Golden sun to come back.

Then, we try to post about it at the right times. Tell others about AT's and how they aren't graveyards. There is still a chance, even if it's a small one.
We should make a twitter hashtag or something, that would help!

Silo777

Smash Journeyman
So, while browsing Reddit, I found something...interesting. Take a look.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GoldenSun/comments/9tum94/assist_trophy/?st=JO1ZIG0H&sh=e921bca4

Now, normally I’d say this doesn’t mean much, but when combined with another possibility that LuminoZero LuminoZero brought up, it raises some questions.

“Simple answer. If imagery leaked of Isaac now, nobody would think he was a playable character, because being an AT 'deconfirmed' him.

It could be used as a way to prevent leaks.”

Now, correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t quite a few of the DLC characters in smash 4 leak?

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
We should make a twitter hashtag or something, that would help!
Here's a few suggestions.

Isaac for Smash Hashtags.

#GSStillShining
#HopeForIsaac
#NotTooIrrelvantForSmash
#UpgradeIsaac

Or make a #UpgradeAssists just to help push this movement.

As for GS on Switch.

#GSForSwitch
#ResurrectGS
#BringBackGS
#SummonGSBack

that's all I can think of.

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717

https://www.reddit.com/r/GoldenSun/comments/9tum94/assist_trophy/?st=JO1ZIG0H&sh=e921bca4

Now, normally I’d say this doesn’t mean much, but when combined with another possibility that LuminoZero LuminoZero brought up, it raises some questions.

“Simple answer. If imagery leaked of Isaac now, nobody would think he was a playable character, because being an AT 'deconfirmed' him.

Now, correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t quite a few of the DLC characters in smash 4 leak?
I would not try and be hopeful he is base game still, we have footage of him being summoned as an assist from Nintendo Live last night.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero

It is an interesting theory, but the Official Website already depicts him as an Assist Trophy. Maybe he just has a different flare once he leaves the battlefield.

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
Here's a few suggestions.

Isaac for Smash Hashtags.

#GSStillShining
#HopeForIsaac
#NotTooIrrelvantForSmash
#UpgradeIsaac

Or make a #UpgradeAssists just to help push this movement.

As for GS on Switch.

#GSForSwitch
#ResurrectGS
#BringBackGS
#SummonGSBack

that's all I can think of.
#UpgradeAssists would gain a larger audience and would also probably draw more attention to certain characters like Isaac and help grow the fanbase.

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
Not really sure how to feel about trying to hope for Isaac DLC. Maybe it's because I'm done trying to hope a character I like gets in the game but I'm not sure. If the idea of an AT becoming a character is possible we're not the only people who would become vocal again. It won't hurt however because to make our voices heard is always going to be better than if we don't. Maybe I need to lighten up a bit.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion

I mean, we have footage of him being summoned. I think it's confirmed he's a trophy.
I wish he wouldn't be have this much effort put into his assist, because he almost looks like a fighter.

Just keep pushing for Isaac for DLC.

Last edited:

Silo777

Smash Journeyman
I would not try and be hopeful he is base game still, we have footage of him being summoned as an assist from Nintendo Live last night.
It is an interesting theory, but the Official Website already depicts him as an Assist Trophy. Maybe he just has a different flare once he leaves the battlefield.
Oh I’m not saying he’s base, not at all. I’m just saying his assist is strange.

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
#UpgradeAssists would gain a larger audience and would also probably draw more attention to certain characters like Isaac and help grow the fanbase.
That's a good point. #UpgradeAssists would still be a good movement and would bring all of the AT fanbases together

Not really sure how to feel about trying to hope for Isaac DLC. Maybe it's because I'm done trying to hope a character I like gets in the game but I'm not sure. If the idea of an AT becoming a character is possible we're not the only people who would become vocal again. It won't hurt however because to make our voices heard is always going to be better than if we don't. Maybe I need to lighten up a bit.
Yeah. You're getting there! Just keep pushing!

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Oh I’m not saying he’s base, not at all. I’m just saying his assist is strange.
Could just be a little extra something for the Golden Sun fanbase once he realized how popular Isaac was late in development.

Still, #UpgradeAssists works perfectly as Isaac and Shadow will immediately be the front runners of people's minds. Everyone will follow the hashtag in hopes their character is the one that is promoted.

PokiehlthePoet

Smash Apprentice
*sigh* Maybe Smash 6 will have Isaac as a character. Even though its never happened before, and the chances are laughably slim, I was hoping if the demand was high enough (like, really strong) that Isaac could be turned into a character from an AT...

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
*sigh* Maybe Smash 6 will have Isaac as a character. Even though its never happened before, and the chances are laughably slim, I was hoping if the demand was high enough (like, really strong) that Isaac could be turned into a character from an AT...
Even if it goes against the fan rules of the fans, I still think it can be upgradable in Ultimate. We just need to make our voices heard.

It's a difficult, uphill battle, but we're now in the position of brawl again. Not Smash 4 anymore.

So we have to push for Isaac as DLC.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Even if it goes against the fan rules of the fans, I still think it can be upgradable in Ultimate. We just need to make our voices heard.

It's a difficult, uphill battle, but we're now in the position of brawl again. Not Smash 4 anymore.

So we have to push for Isaac as DLC.
Not just that, but Isaac is still fresh in the minds of those who watched the Smash Direct. Golden Sun has continued to spread since the rerelease on the Wii U and has only widened the fanbase.

Social Media has become more modern and it is now easier to spread news and start movements. That is one major benefit of not being in the Brawl days.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Not just that, but Isaac is still fresh in the minds of those who watched the Smash Direct. Golden Sun has continued to spread since the rerelease on the Wii U and has only widened the fanbase.

Social Media has become more modern and it is now easier to spread news and start movements. That is one major benefit of not being in the Brawl days.
Yeah, we actually have the benefit of social media now! That's another plus!

We have some benefits to being an AT in this game despite looking grim for GS.

The future can still be bright if we go through this dark tunnel.

Like I said, #UpgradeAssists

TappyBat

Smash Ace
so about that trademark again that class 9 GS is for a possible new game not smash right?

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
Well, guys and gals, it was fun; however our golden boy didn't get in, but there is hope for Smash 6. This time around it looked like they added characters based on how much they've been wanting them for years... Maybe with all the fuss Isaac supporters stirred up this go around he will be among the first characters to be added in the next generation.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I'm all in for any movement to bring our Golden Boy in to Smash.

It is really unfortunate. Looking at the trend of how Sakurai treats Nintendo franchises from the 2000's (barring Animal Crossing and Pikmin which is a different story). Advance Wars, Custom Robo, Chibi Robo, and Sin & Punishment don't even get their Assist Trophy in game (especially worse for Advance Wars, a series with so much historical significance to Nintendo). And then there's even Rhythm Heaven that got practically nothing in this game.

Like Sakurai only cares about the NES-SNES era of Nintendo and all the third party stuff he can add in. It's so frustrating.

I feel like a movement for Isaac would help reverse this trend and bring the spotlight on series like these that aren't as retro as the NES/SNES era but not as modern as the Wii-Switch era.

It's time we made a difference and we can't give up now just because Isaac's an AT. I'll do what I can to help.

Klimax

Smash Ace
If there's a new Golden Sun, what do you want ?
- A brand new game with a new main character.
- One big game including the two GBA games.
- A brand new game with Isaac as the main character.

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
If there's a new Golden Sun, what do you want ?
- A brand new game with a new main character.
- One big game including the two GBA games.
- A brand new game with Isaac as the main character.
Option number 2 is best IMO, those two games were amazing so if a remaster is done right it'll attract a lot of people to the franchise

Klimax

Smash Ace
It's probably going to be a unpopular opinion but I truly believe that it would be good for Golden Sun:

I think that a fake leak about a new Golden Sun game would be a gods' gift.
After all, the Solar Soothsayer fake is the reason why they made a new game, because people were talkin about the franchise.
The timing is good, we have the trademark renewal, Isaac making a comeback in Smash Bros. Honestly, a convenient fake leak would be like the cherry on the cake. Remember the rumors about Starfox Grand Prix ? We still don't know if it's real or fake but at least, people talked a lot about Starfox.

Top Bottom