• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
If you wanna talk to him; you are a more tolerant person than I xD. If you do this; make sure not to specifically bring up Isaac, cause Veggie seems to hate him for some immature reason.
I don't exactly have a GameFAQs account and like others have a dislike of the website, so I'm not sure I'll be able to communicate with him otherwise.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
If anything, I'd like to ask Vergeben if he's heard of anything about AT"s being upgraded or Isaac having another chance, but I honestly don't even know if that's a good idea in itself.
I don’t know, but the way he deconfirmed Isaac as an AT a day before the Direct with a gif of a mic drop makes me feel like he hates the Isaac fanbase in general.

So even if he had heard of anything like that I doubt he’d bother giving us hope.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
If anything, I'd like to ask Vergeben if he's heard of anything about AT"s being upgraded or Isaac having another chance, but I honestly don't even know if that's a good idea in itself.
I honestly don't feel like asking Verge.

After the stunts he pulled, I'm not willing to give any attention to him.

Because relying on a man to tell the future makes fighting for the future feel like nothing will change.

But we WILL change. We will demand for better treatment of this series.

Whether Nintendo likes this or not.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I was thinking it over and I came up with an idea on how Isaac could get promoted to playable.

Matthew is already basically a clone of Isaac. If they create a model for Matthew and swap it in for Isaacs assist trophy then Isaac could be playable.

Things is this is just a pie in the sky thing, I doubt there's any hope of it happening..but it's a thought at least.
I honestly don't believe its necessary to "replace" the AT at all. Yes, that would mean Isaac can fight Isaac, but Robin can call Chrom to fight Chrom, so I don't think its a big deal. I mean, characters can already fight themselves anyway.

I don’t know, but the way he deconfirmed Isaac as an AT a day before the Direct with a gif of a mic drop makes me feel like he hates the Isaac fanbase in general.

So even if he had heard of anything like that I doubt he’d bother giving us hope.
He defended Golden Sun on GameFAQs before. I don't think he hates Isaac or Isaac fans.

Last edited:

Undella2

Smash Journeyman
Now I'm thinking about what happens when a character with a Matthew spirit encounters an Isaac assist trophy...

Matthew: "Wow dad, you look 30 years younger!"

Young Isaac: "Who the hell are you?"

LuminoZero

Smash Apprentice
Now I'm thinking about what happens when a character with a Matthew spirit encounters an Isaac assist trophy...

Matthew: "Wow dad, you look 30 years younger!"

Young Isaac: "Who the hell are you?"
But Isaac ages much slower after the GS event. Adult Isaac is looking pretty spry for a guy in his late 40s.

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
Probably not, he apparently doesn't like our fandom very much.

Anyways, I also voted on the Poll and voted for Isaac's promotion. We have come this far and make him a recognizable face so starting from scratch would be hard and we don't really have too much time. I think in case Sakurai does deem impossible to promote an AT but possible to introduce another GS fighter he would do it despite us campaigning for Isaac. Kind of in a manner of "sorry guys, I didn't know Isaac would have such demand when we started but here is ____ to rep GS in the roster". Alternatively if Isaac does get in, we would open the door for a lot of other fandoms in the way.

TappyBat

Smash Ace
I honestly don't believe its necessary to "replace" the AT at all. Yes, that would mean Isaac can fight Isaac, but Robin can call Chrom to fight Chrom, so I don't think its a big deal. I mean, characters can already fight themselves anyway.

He defended Golden Sun on GameFAQs before. I don't think he hates Isaac or Isaac fans.
then why the mic drop like an asshole?

Arsenal234

Smash Apprentice
I pitched the idea yesterday of starting a petition with Waluigi, Ashley, Shadow, and Skull Kid supporters to maybe sway Sakurai's opinion on Assist trophies and maybe get him to consider them for DLC. I still think we should reach out to those character supporters sooner rather than later while its still fresh on peoples minds. If we do nothing nothing, then nothing will happen, If we at least try we could make a difference.

Also I'm sure everybody noticed after the direct this thread has lost many people, and the same could be said about the other character threads. We should strike whiles the iron is still hot. We could still do the Nov. 11th stuff, but I think this should be another avenue we look down.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
Even if it is young Isaac, a redesign like Roy's could really help distinguishing them apart, especially if playable Isaac has his coat from DD.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I'd rather not deal with verge after the "Mic-drop".

He's not gonna be kind anyways. He just does whatever he wants.

So let's change it ourselves.
I mean, the mic drop thing was against the people who thought the leak was real and constantly harrassed and insulted him, not really against Isaac fans. Isaac just happened to be part of the leak.

Q-Long

Smash Lord
So I heard that some of Reddit is saying that @DogManStar's tweet to Sakurai was "cancerous".
There are a lot of people who just like trolling and there are also people who carry a chip on their shoulder in Smash speculation. They have they weird need to be condescending to people. And like I said, keep in mind there are trolls that thrive on making fanbases collide with one another.

I suppose so. According to Verge we still have two slots (Banjo/Isaac) so why not?
Huh? What?

Vergeben comments on gamefaqs after the direct that he honestly didn't like Isaac as an AT, that he should have been playable. We all thought he was trolling but he was just trying to warn us............

When I saw that I felt so bad for what I said about him in private.....
Yeah lol, the worst side of this thread was screeching at people who simply thought Grinch leak was fake. Somehow thinking its fake = Not wanting it.

Even for Vergeben, who acted like a **** sometimes, look at this thread. I don't blame the guy for being on edge. The Grinch Leaker (if its MarioTehPlumber), got what he wanted from this. People on reddit were being rude, people in this thread, people on gamefaqs, Verbeben, the general thread here definitely, twitter, he got everyone at each other's throats .

Even if it wasn't him, he got what he wanted and other trolls did too because of the reactions to the leak.

Edit: also the "Tears" meme is just so overplayed. ex: "I can't wait to play Incinroar in order to enjoy those Geno tears"

I don't get the humor in it. I'm not even talking Smash, just in general. I can't see the comedy of it.

Last edited:

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Vergeben comments on gamefaqs after the direct that he honestly didn't like Isaac as an AT, that he should have been playable. We all thought he was trolling but he was just trying to warn us............

When I saw that I felt so bad for what I said about him in private.....
The mic drop just made it seem as if he was out to hurt this fan base since it was his only piece of info for some reason one day before the direct even. It honestly made me feel worst waking up and seeing that, filled me with dread for up until the next day of the direct. And then we managed to pick ourselves up, only for it to be real and I just felt even more distraught. Had he said nothing at least I wouldn't have felt crappy twice.

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I mean, the mic drop thing was against the people who thought the leak was real and constantly harrassed and insulted him, not really against Isaac fans. Isaac just happened to be part of the leak.
Well, he mentioned that Isaac was an AT, but I still would rather not deal without him.

But I still felt the mic-drop wasn't needed. But I found him way too aggressive in the first place with some of his actions in the past.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
then why the mic drop like an *******?
Honestly, the gif was probably aimed towards the Grinch Leak believers and not Isaac fans.

Isaac was just what deconfirmed it. I know he was arguing with #TeamReal people a few days prior to that.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
I always wish we could just ask Sakurai directly about Isaac, but he doesn't allow questions on his Twitter for understandable reasons, so...

Q-Long

Smash Lord
yeah he's been asked about ridley already. and villager during the brawl days.

i'm guessing someone will ask him about dixie, geno, isaac, banjo, shadow, one of those high demand characters

edit: isaac and shadow are our best bet cause he could be asked about AT promotion.

Bayo served as a wtf character sort of in the sense she broke alot of rules. Same for Cloud.

The pitch for Isaac could include breaking rules lol

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
If anything, I'm still wondering about that trademark renewal... does anyone still believe it might mean something when there was something about downloadable content involved?

PokiehlthePoet

Smash Apprentice
Whats new guys, havent tuned in since the direct. What have we decided to do about this tradegy that has befallen us once again...?

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
We need to find someone who can ASK Sakurai then.
Famitsu would be the best bet but I don't know if there is anyways to contact them.

If anything, I'm still wondering about that trademark renewal... does anyone still believe it might mean something when there was something about downloadable content involved?
I do. I don't want to claim 100% that it is about DLC (though it could very well be taking into account times extrapolating them to the K. Rool one and the teasing with the Monaco hint of August 2013). But something, definitely. Golden Sun's was not only renewed with 9 years of advance, it was the only one with updated terms. So we either get Isaac or other GS rep as DLC or we are getting a new game

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
I do. I don't want to claim 100% that it is about DLC (though it could very well be taking into account times extrapolating them to the K. Rool one and the teasing with the Monaco hint of August 2013). But something, definitely. Golden Sun's was not only renewed with 9 years of advance, it was the only one with updated terms. So we either get Isaac or other GS rep as DLC or we are getting a new game
Yeah, I really do think that we'll be getting Isaac as DLC, given how is model looks, fan demand, Rathalos tweet, etc. It makes too much sense (though I did say that before Nov. 1st).

TappyBat

Smash Ace
Famitsu would be the best bet but I don't know if there is anyways to contact them.

sure the update wasn't for people not to pirate? just trying to cover all the bases here

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
sure the update wasn't for people not to pirate? just trying to cover all the bases here
I am sure there is more to it because GS trademark was renewed in 2017, so it wasn't necessary at all to re renew it (they last 10 years in Japan) nor to update the terms if it is just for old content. (no other trademark renewed got updated unless it has a new game)

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
It's possible for sure, but it seems weird to update this trademark, a year early, in English. It just makes no sense, outside of Smash or a new game. My theory that GS gets relaunched as Golden Sun all over the world still stands, starting with a remake of TBS and TLA.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Whats new guys, havent tuned in since the direct. What have we decided to do about this tradegy that has befallen us once again...?
We're gonna keep pushing support.

Either GS for Switch, or Isaac for smash.

We'll let our voices be heard, whether Nintendo likes it or not.

TappyBat

Smash Ace
It's possible for sure, but it seems weird to update this trademark, a year early, in English. It just makes no sense, outside of Smash or a new game. My theory that GS gets relaunched as Golden Sun all over the world still stands, starting with a remake of TBS and TLA.
well he is in smash along with his son and brother-in law

LuminoZero

Smash Apprentice
This is feasible. Golden Sun did much better in Europe and America than it did in Japan. Also, the trademark expansion mentioned online downloads and home consoles.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
This is feasible. Golden Sun did much better in Europe and America than it did in Japan. Also, the trademark expansion mentioned online downloads and home consoles.
Just to clarify, where on the trademark is this mentioned? It's in Japanese, so that's why I'm wondering.

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
It wasn't a year early. It was 9 years early. Since it was also renewed on 2017 and trademarks in Japan last for 10 years.
well he is in smash along with his son and brother-in law
Eh, sure, but I don't think a trademark re renewal was necessary for that, after all, there is custom robo content and they let that trademark expire. Besides, they had already renewed GS's last year

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
It wasn't a year early. It was 9 years early. Since it was also renewed on 2017 and trademarks in Japan last for 10 years.

Eh, sure, but I don't think a trademark re renewal was necessary for that, after all, there is custom robo content and they let that trademark expire. Besides, they had already renewed GS's last year
Well, the last Japanese renewal was 2009, and the last U.S. renewal was 2017, so it's a bit different, but either way it's early.
However, the biggest thing to note about the Japanese trademark is that it's in English, reading Golden Sun, rather than the Japanese name of the series, 黄金の太陽 (Ougon no Taiyou).

Last edited:

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
But he was already covered on any important platform. I don't see anything very substantial in the changes to his licensing that would warrant them needing to do so this early.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
which just means golden sun so, what gives?
The Japanese trademark was for Golden Sun in English, not Japanese. They registered a new trademark in Japan, specifically for Golden Sun, and not a simple renewal of the Japanese name.

Top Bottom