• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Plato Xaiver

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theplato90
Switch FC
SW-6928-3432-9787
No. Virtually no one will say that. If Isaac is an assist trophy, then even the casual audience that isn’t too familiar with the character will still be like “oh that assist with the big hands! I can play as him now? Cool!” Honestly I lot more people will know Isaac than Corrin, who was a complete mystery to anyone outside of Japan.

That just isn’t true. Game & Watch, R.O.B., Ice Climbers? What about Kid Icarus which Sakurai personally revived himself? Or King K. Rool? Or Simon Belmont?

People need to relax and quit acting like everything is suddenly against us now.
Aside from people no Smashboards and Reddit, how many people, especially newer fans know who Isaac or even Golden Sun is?
Fire Emblem Fates and Splatoon came out in the same year, people know who Corrin is. Even when he was being added into Smash, Fates was being advertised to hell and back in the west. He is also the most unique FE Character in the roster, albeit the most disliked by FE fans.

Also to counter your second point:
Game and Watch and ROB Represent Nintendos History, ROB moreso than G&M. Marketing the NES as a Toy instead of a game saved the industry, and ROB was apart of that.

Ice Climbers and Simon our are retro representation, alongside Duck Hunt and Pit (brawl)

King K. Rool may not be relevant, but he is definitely the most popular and his fanbase is the loudest out of all the characters to be added into Smash U.
Also Donkey Kong isn't a dead franchise.

Im not saying relevancy matters, but it definitely helps. Smashboards and Reddit dont make up as nearly as much of Smash fanbase than you think it does.

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Really as weird as it sounds we need to create a hoax. Remember that “The Solar Soothsayer” hoax? It gave some momentum towards getting dark dawn created.

Creating a cool mock-up up a battle scene or box art cover for a remake of the old games would do wonders for the franchise. We would have something to get behind
We could do one better? We could actually make a fangame?

TappyBat

Smash Ace
Aside from people no Smashboards and Reddit, how many people, especially newer fans know who Isaac or even Golden Sun is?
Fire Emblem Fates and Splatoon came out in the same year, people know who Corrin is. Even when he was being added into Smash, Fates was being advertised to hell and back in the west. He is also the most unique FE Character in the roster, albeit the most disliked by FE fans.

Also to counter your second point:
Game and Watch and ROB Represent Nintendos History, ROB moreso than G&M. Marketing the NES as a Toy instead of a game saved the industry, and ROB was apart of that.

Ice Climbers and Simon our are retro representation, alongside Duck Hunt and Pit (brawl)

King K. Rool may not be relevant, but he is definitely the most popular and his fanbase is the loudest out of all the characters to be added into Smash U.
Also Donkey Kong isn't a dead franchise.

Im not saying relevancy matters, but it definitely helps. Smashboards and Reddit dont make up as nearly as much of Smash fanbase than you think it does.
so oblivion for us then?

Kalaam

Smash Ace
Really as weird as it sounds we need to create a hoax. Remember that “The Solar Soothsayer” hoax? It gave some momentum towards getting dark dawn created.

Creating a cool mock-up up a battle scene or box art cover for a remake of the old games would do wonders for the franchise. We would have something to get behind
Someone did one years ago, the "Lunar Nation" title screen, on videos. Was great. We need more of that.

Plato Xaiver

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theplato90
Switch FC
SW-6928-3432-9787
There's definitely a future though, they wouldn't renew the IP early and do nothing with it? Right?

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
everyone's making fun of us again. ;_;
Cause they have nothing better to do. Just try to make themselves feel better about the sad excuse for human beings that they are. Speaking of which I am gonna go congrat the incineroar fans and the Piranha Pl....wait there weren't any...huh

Plato Xaiver

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theplato90
Switch FC
SW-6928-3432-9787
The fangame idea does hold merit though...

It'd definitely get us noticed by Nintendo...and if they take it down there would be an outrage because "Nintendo took another fan project!"
Someone get started on a Dark Dawn sequel...we're gonna force Nintendo-senpai to notice us (please dont I, I dont want anyone to get in trouble )

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion

It'd definitely get us noticed by Nintendo...and if they take it down there would be an outrage because "Nintendo took another fan project!"
Someone get started on a Dark Dawn sequel...we're gonna force Nintendo-senpai to notice us (please dont I, I dont want anyone to get in trouble )
At least we have something to play, and have the media bashing the company for our franchise.

TappyBat

Smash Ace

i would if i knew how to program anything, which i don't sadly.

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
Hey all! Long-time Smash enthusiast here; so glad I found this board and I can't wait to dive into some fun convos with you all!

Was skimming through this thread and I had a quick q: What the **** is "Isaac" and why would anyone spend 768 pages praying for his inclusion in this game? I noticed everyone was melting down when you learned the creators made the reasonable decision not to include a character nobody has ever heard of, so I assume there must be some backstory I'm unaware of.

Excited to see your answers! Smash on, brothers!
Character from a great video game that you obviously haven't played, and just because you are clueless doesn't mean you should insult others on what they like. All the characters I didn't support I knew plenty about, and even then still didn't insult their fans.

Hope that enlightened you to some extent. Oh and if you don't know Isaac why come looking for his threads?

Have fun trolling other boards!

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868

Someone did one years ago, the "Lunar Nation" title screen, on videos. Was great. We need more of that.
Sorry, when I hear "Lunar Kingdom", I think Touhou.

Tetiro

Smash Ace

I can do design work. I'm sure I could dust out my old documents and get us a realizable design document planned. I know all about game development!

We need a pixel artist, musician, concept artist and programmer

Last edited:

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Isaac doesn't seem impossible; but my problem is that I just feel like he's impossible for THIS game. And that's where I wanted him. Anyone who get's added in Smash Ultimate will have a certain staying power for future installments, I truly feel. Besides Third parties perhaps, anyone added in ultimate seems off the chopping block for the eventual Smash 6. Even if we did get Isaac in Smash 6; who's to say he wouldn't be quickly shuffled off come next installment? Dead franchises/retro reps are always peoples first picks when the cutting time comes around... Plus we may not get to do possible dozens of matchup's if Isaac is in the next game. This is Ultimate, and unless they just port it with added DLC for the next console, I don't think there will be anything like it.

Arsenal234

Smash Apprentice
So I had a night to sleep on the disappointment and I feel better now. You know there isn't a rule saying assist trophies can't get promoted to playable in the same game. When Isaac is selected as a playable fighter Alfonzo will take his place. Yes I am serious. If piranha plant can be a character then Sakurai clearly cares about memes and jokes a little too much.

Everlong

Smash Rookie
So I had a night to sleep on the disappointment and I feel better now. You know there isn't a rule saying assist trophies can't get promoted to playable in the same game. When Isaac is selected as a playable fighter Alfonzo will take his place. Yes I am serious. If piranha plant can be a character then Sakurai clearly cares about memes and jokes a little too much.
I don't think it isn't possible for assist trophies to be promoted to a fighter in the same game, although I think Sakurai would find it a waste of work to throw an assist trophy. Just maybe, though, it could happen.

I can do design work. I'm sure I could dust out my old documents and get us a realizable design document planned. I know all about game development!

I could try music. I mean if it’s a brand new continuation fabricating new tracks that have that Motoi sound might be tricky but making remastered versions of the old OST would be right up my alley if we made a remake of the original games.

I can do both though.

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, Im not going to believe Isaac can still be DLC. A AT has never became playable in the same game before, and I doubt Sakurai will male the exception for Isaac.

Its simply though, we just need to be louder. I saw we petition for Matt since he looks just like Isaac, but thats just me. Nevertheless We need to be louder. K. Rool fans are amazing, they made their voices heard and the fruits of their labor were shown. We can accomplish this too.
Even if we can't get Isaac in this game, perhaps we could push Felix DLC. He has the same moveset just different aesthetics.

Kalaam

Smash Ace

We also need game designer, map designer, writer, etc. Lots of people. I can maybe design stuff like game mechanics but i can't program them, i can write a plot too. Then we have to create the puzzles.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
I feel like the Rathalos assist is the best argument to support Isaac being both an assist and character since Sakurai pointed out how for the first time it was an assist and boss and in Isaac's case he can be swapped for Matthew or similarly Matthew could have and Olimar/Alph scenario with Isaac.

Either way, the only rule as someone mentioned is that Sakurai does what he wants. I remember when it came to the Grinch leak and how all the characters would get announced and the idea of two characters sharing a trailer came up. It was being thrown around, 'Echoes don't get trailers like the newcomers!' or 'They won't put a third party and first party in a trailer together!' or 'They got to be from the same series to share a trailer!'

Sakurai just continues to break any fan rule the community tends to come up with more often than not.

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, Im not going to believe Isaac can still be DLC. A AT has never became playable in the same game before, and I doubt Sakurai will male the exception for Isaac.

Its simply though, we just need to be louder. I saw we petition for Matt since he looks just like Isaac, but thats just me. Nevertheless We need to be louder. K. Rool fans are amazing, they made their voices heard and the fruits of their labor were shown. We can accomplish this too.
Or on an extreme off chance they might make a Felix assist and then promote Isaac??? Promote and replace or something.

Tetiro

Smash Ace
I could try music. I mean if it’s a brand new continuation fabricating new tracks that have that Motoi sound might be tricky but making remastered versions of the old OST would be right up my alley if we made a remake of the original games.

I can do both though.
We could even fix up the issues of the series. Wasn't there people saying the puzzles are too easy? And the game is far too grindy?

We could streamline it!

Plato Xaiver

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theplato90
Switch FC
SW-6928-3432-9787
Even if we can't get Isaac in this game, perhaps we could push Felix DLC. He has the same moveset just different aesthetics.
Personally I say we push for Matt since they look alike

Also, Robin still has Chrom is his Final Smash. Take that how you will,

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
God; why are people saying fan's are grateful for the Isaac Assist? I'm not ****ing grateful at all; and it seems like this thread isn't either!

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Robin's FS still involves Chrom. Take that as you will. :ultgreninja:'d

Last edited:

TappyBat

Smash Ace
good news plato, people seem up for the fangame idea! still no artist stepping forward though, but it's a start!

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Also; I'm pretty disappointed that people like Alpharad and Relax Alax turned their back's on Isaac AS SOON as the Grinch leak was deconfirmed. Kinda feels like they didn't really care about Isaac at all..... They are posting "salt' memes on their twitters and everything.

Last edited:

TappyBat

Smash Ace
Also; I'm pretty disappointed that people like Alpharad and Relax Alax turned their back's on Isaac AS SOON as the Grinch leak was deconfirmed. Kinda feels like they didn't really care about Isaac at all..... They are posting "salt' memes on their twitters and everything.
fuuck them then

Everlong

Smash Rookie
I really do like this fan game idea. I do know how to program some, but I can't say I have much experience with game programming (My only existing experience happens to be with Unity). I'd be willing to learn more if it's for this, though.

Mehdow

Smash Journeyman
One thing that is true is that I'm not wasting my time getting hopes again for the next smash like I did these past months. It's just not worth it. Getting hyped then let down then hyped then massive let down . I was prepared to see Isaac as AT again but I wasn't prepared for the massive dissapointment that was the last direct.

No decent singleplayer, no baseball run, no minigames, no target smash, no trophies, junky online multiplayer, Smash stickers v2.0.... It will be worse than 4, there's nothing else in this one aside fighting 1 vs 1 with or without "special rules". the adventure mode is just a smash 4 classic mode with rules, not a subspace kind.

The only good point are the old stages + old characters, is the only thing that could be called "ultimate". It's just a port with some changes to charge 70 bucks.

It was just ... dissapointing.

Last edited:

Plato Xaiver

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theplato90
Switch FC
SW-6928-3432-9787
good news plato, people seem up for the fangame idea! still no artist stepping forward though, but it's a start!
It wasn’t primarily my idea, a few others here shared the same idea. :^) I dont feel comfortable taking credit for this.

Additionally it the theory is correct, of Nintendo takes down the game (If you guys are actually crazy enough to make it) that means that they probably are planning to use the IP...

Last edited:

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
Honestly I would like to help with the art direction on some way. I am not a pixel artist but I am a near full time student at USF school of the arts. I draw a lot of manga in my spare time so I’m all for supporting with concept art or anything like that. Count me in if you can. :)

Last edited:

Tetiro

Smash Ace
I have experience making JRPGs. I have done it for years. I quit doing it (focusing on family life) but I can pass on my knowledge to those who have the dedication to do it! :)

I really do like this fan game idea. I do know how to program some, but I can't say I have much experience with game programming (My only existing experience happens to be with Unity). I'd be willing to learn more if it's for this, though.
I am well versed in Game Maker. It's not hard to teach :)

TappyBat

Smash Ace
A fan game would get sued

I think spiritual successor/ heavily influenced by is safer
well it's not like they're doing **** with the ip. just letting it die in a pit with everything else! how
else are we ****ing gonna get the franchise back?!

Last edited:

Tetiro

Smash Ace
A fan game would get sued

I think spiritual successor/ heavily influenced by is safer
Not if you say up and front it is a fan project. If you say "If Nintendo requests this to be taken down, we will humbly do so. We do this in support of our favorite franchise"

All they will do is send an email Ceasing and Desisting it. Nintendo would have no reason to sue. A peaceful willingness to cancel it neglects any need for them to sue.

Why sue something that is non-profitable, harms no-one and the developers themselves said they would take it down at the drop of a hat?

Sueing that would be a public outcry. Also, Square Enix didn't sue the guys behind Chrono Trigger: Crimson Echoes, I doubt Nintendo would on a fan-game that was meant as a love letter

Top Bottom