• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Teeb147

Smash Legend
The blades in the Dark Dawn sprite clearly have a more spade-like shape with an apex. The stalk on it also tapers towards the top.
The leaves on the new item are more ovular, wider, and lack an apex. The stalk is much smaller and doesn't taper as it ascends.
I believe the GBA sprites bare a much closer resemblance to the new item than the Dark Dawn sprites, as the new item looks like an HD version of the GBA sprite inside an iridescent bubble.
The gba one doesnt lean to the left though. And the left leaf is smaller.

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
Though I'm not completely sold on this item being a GS item, I will say this:
>it's given us more publicity, which is always good.
>it's from an official source and has precedence to be real (bloody tears leak)
>the trademark renewal a couple months ago.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
It's hard to say. But when you go down the process of elimination, the only things the sprout could be are either growth, or a brand new smash item. I already went through and debunked the prospect of it being food or a mario item. The core of the idea of it being a golden sun reference is there. Also, it's worth noting that the stalk is bent slightly to the left in both images. With the right leave being raised slightly, and the left leave being down. The bubble is an interesting touch, as it does slightly resemble Pysenergy fields that are found in Golden Sun.
Anybody have any images of the psyenergy fields then?
I did think it's odd for there to be a bubble. No other item is like that, so it's pretty unique in that way, whatever it means.

Well it looks like we're back to talking in circles, so I just want to share this sentence from Reddit:

Truly, we live in the strangest timeline.
That's true huh, Wendy's, out of all things :p
It's strange how there was footage we havent seen anywhere else.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
I'm definitely getting Bloody Tears vibes from this item.

People were claiming that the Bloody Tears leak could mean there's Castlevania music but no Simon... despite a reputable leak claiming he was in.

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
Anybody have any images of the psyenergy fields then?
I did think it's odd for there to be a bubble. No other item is like that, so it's pretty unique in that way, whatever it means.

That's true huh, Wendy's, out of all things :p
It's strange how there was footage we havent seen anywhere else.
The orb is probably to keep the sprout up off the ground and having it confused for a part of the backdrop.

I have seen some people suggest this could be akin to the dragoon. If you collect this and 2 or 3 other items that look similar, you could perhaps perform a golden sun summon based on the ratio between the four elements. Four earth for instance, gives you judgement.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Though I'm not completely sold on this item being a GS item, I will say this:
>it's given us more publicity, which is always good.
>it's from an official source and has precedence to be real (bloody tears leak)
>the trademark renewal a couple months ago.
It definitely strikes me as a very fascinating coincidence that Mach Rider, Rhythm Heaven and Golden Sun were all renewed last month. (Along with Mario Super Sluggers, K. Rool's last appearance.)

Relevant to the leak or not, it's a fact that sits in the back of my mind.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
I do have to say I think it's moreso based on the appearance it has in game, rather than the Sprite. It looks like it's "ready" to be manipulated by Psynergy, just like when you walk up to it in game and know it's something you can mess with. Idk.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
It definitely strikes me as a very fascinating coincidence that Mach Rider, Rhythm Heaven and Golden Sun were all renewed last month. (Along with Mario Super Sluggers, K. Rool's last appearance.)

Relevant to the leak or not, it's a fact that sits in the back of my mind.
Mach rider too? well damn…

RC-3197

Smash Apprentice
Hi guys, I may not be an Isaac supporter (even though I think he is cool) but I am a leak investigator (disclaimer I am not a golden sun expert, I know little to nothing about it) (I'm also the source of that HD image of the new item proof [I also gave premission to share my discovery, it's not like it was my video anyways :p], Here's the important part: I found the original video here on facebook and set it to 1080p because I was tired of looking at a 144p screenshot, so please watch it for yourself my screenshot doesn't do it justice)

It seems you guys are a little short on images on what's going on so I'll share with you what I've got so far:

Golden Sun Dark Dawn Icon For Growth (the current image floating around with the half circle is causing a lot of misinformation):

As I stated before I'm not a GS fan so I don't know the significance of this, according to people who are it makes the barrier around the plant make sense

Have fun with these pictures make of it what you will (I'm personally agreeing with what we have discovered so far) and stay optimistic!

Last edited:

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
I was in the papa genos discord under the leak thread. He started posting about his source. So I thought it was time to ask him the hard details. He gave me permission to post here what he responded to me. It's not much, but it's something.

Anyways. He told me his source does have some pull of some sort, however that he was unwilling to give out that source other than being from Microsoft on account of being sworn to secrecy obviously. He did confirm that this guy came to him, not the other way around. And that he's heard some stuff in the past too. I'm gonna take this with a grain of salt. But given that he's doubled, and tripped down. I think he has to have SOME reason to be confident in the face of today's adversity.

Attachments

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
Hi guys, I may not be an Isaac supporter (even though I think he is cool) but I am a leak investigator (disclaimer I am not a golden sun expert, I know little to nothing about it) (I'm also the source of that HD image of the new item proof [I also gave premission to share my discovery, it's not like it was my video anyways :p], Here's the important part: I found the original video here on facebook and set it to 1080p because I was tired of looking at a 144p screenshot, so please watch it for yourself my screenshot doesn't do it justice)

It seems you guys are a little short on images on what's going on so I'll share with you what I've got so far:

Golden Sun Dark Dawn Icon For Growth (the current image floating around with the half circle is causing a lot of misinformation):

As I stated before I'm not a GS fan so I don't know the significance of this, according to people who are it makes the barrier around the plant make sense

Have fun with these pictures and stay optimistic!
Wow this is great work, thank you so much!

As with everything else, nothing is conclusive, but things are looking the best for Isaac that they've ever been.

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
I'm beginning to think it's a single node of the Mario stalk now. The only problem is the stalk being too narrow and the leaves lacking depth in their spines

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
I am so glad our spirits have been lifted up by this leak. I read today that the company said they are no longer associated with the person and that even though they have worked WITH Bandai Namco before, they aren't currently and that they wouldn't let the name's company get ruined by someone that didn't even work with them anymore with fake claims and they were going to have it removed. However, I do find it weird, if it is truly fake, making the statement would be enough I think? Removing it is fishy, imo. Obviously I don't believe this leak to be gospel truth and I am trying to keep my own expectations on check because I can foresee if this leak is actually fake a lot of people will lose their heads, people will be sad, people will feel discouraged and people will be super pissed. Sadly, including our fandom as well.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
I was in the papa genos discord under the leak thread. He started posting about his source. So I thought it was time to ask him the hard details. He gave me permission to post here what he responded to me. It's not much, but it's something.

Anyways. He told me his source does have some pull of some sort, however that he was unwilling to give out that source other than being from Microsoft on account of being sworn to secrecy obviously. He did confirm that this guy came to him, not the other way around. And that he's heard some stuff in the past too. I'm gonna take this with a grain of salt. But given that he's doubled, and tripped down. I think he has to have SOME reason to be confident in the face of today's adversity.
So basically speaking, this Grinch Leak is real but is missing at least one to two other characters, right? If we go by the assumption that there WAS another Square rep (possibly Sora?), Incineroar and even Skull Kid for that matter, those possible three are either DLC, or were red herrings/leak baits.

At least, that's what I get from it.

I bring up Skull Kid because I'm trying to figure out if the "Chair Theory" connects to any of the 7 leaked characters at all. Isaac could be it since someone stated that his clothes aren't technically blue, but are indigo and of course, his yellow scarf. But that's stretching obviously. So, it makes me wonder if Skull Kid was also leak bait. Like what happened to loz18?

Red Dead Redeemed

Smash Journeyman
While I'm personally 50/50 on both the validity of this leak and how much I would want it to be real, I will say that Isaac has grown on me. And maybe it's just because I'm filled with feels right now because my nephew (named Isaac as well) was just born a few days ago, but honestly, just sign me up as a supporter. A hybrid magic/swordsman character is always cool, and I think he'd be a fun addition to Smash.

Personally, if he is in, I'd prefer if he sported his look in Dark Dawn (or at least had it as an alt). I know that isn't probably what he would look like in Smash, and probably isn't what most fans would want either, but I think it would help differentiate him and make him more unique. Smash has plenty of handsome pretty boys like the FE cast and Link. Having a older, bearded, yet also not a super manly looking fighter like Simon, Snake, Captain Falcon, etc, would be awesome and make him truly stand out.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend

While I believe that papagenos is genuine, I dont think sources would approach anyone with personal information that could jeopardize them (for leaking).

It's possible that this was planned like a double-pronged approach with different accounts saying similar things, in order to give a sense of credibility, and hopeing that he would never look into the info they gave further (or in a way that would show they're not who they say they are)

I'm not saying that's the case, but I'm pretty skeptical.

Last edited:

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
I'm beginning to think it's a single node of the Mario stalk now. The only problem is the stalk being too narrow and the leaves lacking depth in their spines
Why wouldn’t the item be a brick block you throw at the ground (or at Some One) and the beanstalk comes out??? Sakurai is a stickler for details like that. And to be in smash, you have to generally be representative of your core. A plant floating in a bubble is not at the core of the beanstalk from mario. This being the mario stalk simply doesn’t make sense when you consider in 99% of appearances, it’s from a block

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
Why wouldn’t the item be a brick block you throw at the ground (or at Some One) and the beanstalk comes out??? Sakurai is a stickler for details like that. And to be in smash, you have to generally be representative of your core. A plant floating in a bubble is not at the core of the beanstalk from mario. This being the mario stalk simply doesn’t make sense when you consider in 99% of appearances, it’s from a block
Dude I agree with you I just got a nasty feeling I'm my gut. I hope it's telling me lies

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I am so glad our spirits have been lifted up by this leak. I read today that the company said they are no longer associated with the person and that even though they have worked WITH Bandai Namco before, they aren't currently and that they wouldn't let the name's company get ruined by someone that didn't even work with them anymore with fake claims and they were going to have it removed. However, I do find it weird, if it is truly fake, making the statement would be enough I think? Removing it is fishy, imo. Obviously I don't believe this leak to be gospel truth and I am trying to keep my own expectations on check because I can foresee if this leak is actually fake a lot of people will lose their heads, people will be sad, people will feel discouraged and people will be super pissed. Sadly, including our fandom as well.
Different company. The one he works with now (that he deleted his Linked In account for) has made video game merchandising stuff before.

How the f*** did you find this?!? What?!?
Mach Rider was renewed in the same batch as Golden Sun, IIRC. Though those were Japanese Trademarks.

RC-3197

Smash Apprentice
I am so glad our spirits have been lifted up by this leak. I read today that the company said they are no longer associated with the person and that even though they have worked WITH Bandai Namco before, they aren't currently and that they wouldn't let the name's company get ruined by someone that didn't even work with them anymore with fake claims and they were going to have it removed. However, I do find it weird, if it is truly fake, making the statement would be enough I think? Removing it is fishy, imo. Obviously I don't believe this leak to be gospel truth and I am trying to keep my own expectations on check because I can foresee if this leak is actually fake a lot of people will lose their heads, people will be sad, people will feel discouraged and people will be super. Sadly, including our fandom as well.
I just wanted to clarify something. When people originally found the guys linkedin he linked to the first printing company. Turns out the guy had 2 linkedin accounts and we latched onto the wrong one. The current company (the one that was called and said he currently works there) has a similar printing style to the leak according to this graphic:
A reddit comment that explains this better than I do: link
And for what it's worth I have a sibling who works at a printing company and they say the stuff in the leak looks like legit paperwork / planning documents, make of it what you will but the internet sleuthers finding the wrong company isn't a point against the leak.

Last edited:

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
Different company. The one he works with now (that he deleted his Linked In account for) has made video game merchandising stuff before.

Mach Rider was renewed in the same batch as Golden Sun, IIRC. Though those were Japanese Trademarks.
I couldn't find anything saying Mach Rider was renewed in the same batch as the other games. Just that website, hence why i asked if it's legit or not. Do you have a source for the mach rider batch renewal?

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
I thought it was Golden Sun, Wrecking Crew, Rhythm Heaven, and Mario Super Sluggers. I don't remember Mach Rider on there.

However, if Mach Rider was indeed renewed as well, then all three new first-party series in this leak had their trademark renewed at the same time. That is a huge point in the favor of the leak.

Coofle DeDoofle

Smash Apprentice
Hey, just thought I'd stop by and congratulate you guys in advance, in case this leak is real. I know next to nothing about Golden Sun myself, but Issac seems like a great choice for Ultimate.

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
Found some Mach Rider trademarks after doing a quick search. Dunno if they're the only ones.
Reg. No.1172643
LIVE - REGISTRATION - Issued and Active

(111)Registration number 1172643
(151)Registration date 1975/12/04
(210)Application number S48-059984
(220)Application date 1973/04/11
Date of entry into force of prior right 1973/04/11
(180)Expiration date of the term of the right 2025/12/04
Trademark(for retrieval) マッハライダ-
(561)Transliteration
(reference)
マッハライダー(732) Holder Name 任天堂株式会社 Applied law Trademark Law in 2001
Edition of International Classification 8
(500)Number of class 1
(511)(512) Class, Goods and Services Similar group code 9家庭用テレビゲームおもちゃ,家庭用テレビゲームおもちゃに用いられるプログラムを記憶させたROMカートリッジ・磁気ディスク・光ディスク,携帯用液晶画面ゲームおもちゃに用いられるプログラムを記憶させたROMカートリッジ・電子回路・ROMカード・光ディスク,家庭用テレビゲームおもちゃ用ジョイスティック・コントローラ,家庭用テレビゲームおもちゃ用プログラム,携帯用液晶画面ゲームおもちゃ用プログラム,スロットマシン,電子楽器用自動演奏プログラムを記憶させた電子回路及びCD-ROM,メトロノーム,録音済みのコンパクトディスク,その他のレコード,ウエイトベルト,ウエットスーツ,浮袋,運動用保護ヘルメット,エアタンク,水泳用浮き板,レギュレーター24A01 24B02 24C01 24C04 24E01 24E02
Reg. No.4222174

(111)Registration number 4222174
(151)Registration date 1998/12/18
(450)Date of publication of official gazette 1999/02/18
(210)Application number H07-126003
(220)Application date 1995/12/04
Date of entry into force of prior right 1995/12/04
Date of request for renewal 2018/07/30
(156)Renewal registration date 2018/08/07
(180)Expiration date of the term of the right 2028/12/18
Trademark(for retrieval) マッハライダー
(561)Transliteration
(reference)
マッハライダー(732) Holder Name 任天堂株式会社
Address 京都市 Applied law Trademark Law in 1991
Edition of International Classification 6
(500)Number of class 1
(511)(512) Class, Goods and Services Similar group code 9家庭用ビデオゲーム機及びその部品・付属品,家庭用ビデオゲーム機用のゲームプログラムを記憶させたROMカートリッジ・同磁気ディスク・同光ディスク,家庭用ビデオゲーム機専用光ディスク記録再生装置,家庭用ビデオゲーム機用のジョイスティック,レコード,電子計算機(中央処理装置及びデータ入力用キーボード,電子計算機用プログラムを記憶させた電子回路・同磁気ディスク・同光ディスク・同磁気テープ・その他の周辺機器を含む。),データ入力装置,その他の電子応用機械器具及びその部品,電気通信機械器具,遊園地用機械器具09G53 11B01 11C01 11C02 24A01 24E02
I got rid of blank lines and spaced these as best I could.

Midget Master

Smash Apprentice
My arms are in the freaking air for Isaac. Giving him my psynergy. Even if the Grinch leak were false, he could still make it in and obviously if it's real he's golden. I've never been this close to actually buying in on him, felt like such a long shot, so I'm very excited.

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
Found some Mach Rider trademarks after doing a quick search. Dunno if they're the only ones.
Reg. No.1172643

(111)Registration number 1172643
(151)Registration date 1975/12/04
(210)Application number S48-059984
(220)Application date 1973/04/11
Date of entry into force of prior right 1973/04/11
(180)Expiration date of the term of the right 2025/12/04
Trademark(for retrieval) マッハライダ-
(561)Transliteration
(reference)
マッハライダー(732) Holder Name 任天堂株式会社 Applied law Trademark Law in 2001
Edition of International Classification 8
(500)Number of class 1
(511)(512) Class, Goods and Services Similar group code 9家庭用テレビゲームおもちゃ,家庭用テレビゲームおもちゃに用いられるプログラムを記憶させたROMカートリッジ・磁気ディスク・光ディスク,携帯用液晶画面ゲームおもちゃに用いられるプログラムを記憶させたROMカートリッジ・電子回路・ROMカード・光ディスク,家庭用テレビゲームおもちゃ用ジョイスティック・コントローラ,家庭用テレビゲームおもちゃ用プログラム,携帯用液晶画面ゲームおもちゃ用プログラム,スロットマシン,電子楽器用自動演奏プログラムを記憶させた電子回路及びCD-ROM,メトロノーム,録音済みのコンパクトディスク,その他のレコード,ウエイトベルト,ウエットスーツ,浮袋,運動用保護ヘルメット,エアタンク,水泳用浮き板,レギュレーター24A01 24B02 24C01 24C04 24E01 24E02
Reg. No.4222174

(111)Registration number 4222174
(151)Registration date 1998/12/18
(450)Date of publication of official gazette 1999/02/18
(210)Application number H07-126003
(220)Application date 1995/12/04
Date of entry into force of prior right 1995/12/04
Date of request for renewal 2018/07/30
(156)Renewal registration date 2018/08/07
(180)Expiration date of the term of the right 2028/12/18
Trademark(for retrieval) マッハライダー
(561)Transliteration
(reference)
マッハライダー(732) Holder Name 任天堂株式会社
Address 京都市 Applied law Trademark Law in 1991
Edition of International Classification 6
(500)Number of class 1
(511)(512) Class, Goods and Services Similar group code 9家庭用ビデオゲーム機及びその部品・付属品,家庭用ビデオゲーム機用のゲームプログラムを記憶させたROMカートリッジ・同磁気ディスク・同光ディスク,家庭用ビデオゲーム機専用光ディスク記録再生装置,家庭用ビデオゲーム機用のジョイスティック,レコード,電子計算機(中央処理装置及びデータ入力用キーボード,電子計算機用プログラムを記憶させた電子回路・同磁気ディスク・同光ディスク・同磁気テープ・その他の周辺機器を含む。),データ入力装置,その他の電子応用機械器具及びその部品,電気通信機械器具,遊園地用機械器具09G53 11B01 11C01 11C02 24A01 24E02
I got rid of blank lines and spaced these as best I could.
Wait, this trade mark was registered in the 70s?!

Tetiro

Smash Ace
I am freaking out right now. Is this it? Is our journey going to have a happy ending?

EDIT: And if Isaac is legit in, he could be the one to determine the Grinch Leak. So exciting!

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
If Golden Sun, Mach Rider, and Rhythm Heaven all got trademark renewals around the same time then holy **** that might be the most convincing thing so far, on top of a bunch of other stuff that was already making me leans towards TeamReal

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
Well I finally beaten Lost Age just a couple minutes ago, so now I can officially say I 100% all the Golden Sun games.
I'm even more excited for Isaac in smash than I was before. Hopefully we can get a direct soon; if any of the characters matches the ones in the mural,
I'm gonna be hype and celebrate the inclusion of our boy Isaac.

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
Hello Isaac bros! I'm still on edge about the grinch leak myself. BUT THAT ITEM THOUGH?! haven't looked into it much, but from some pictures I've seen it looks like it's almost one to one for that Golden Sun item. which if it is the case good to see you guys are getting something so solid! Like that alone convinces me of Isaac's chances. why would that be an item if he wasn't a character? if they wanted to rep Golden Sun in some way through Items they would have just brought his assist back and that's it.

You guys deserve this so much and it makes me excited because I know just how cool of a character Isaac could be!!

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483

Woaaah.

I really missed out something quite big during my sleep. :colorful:

But damn am I glad to wake up to this coincidental item slip. And as far as I've seen it be dissected... God, this item's probable origin and name just rose itself to a whole new level for us supporters.

"And what happened then?

Well, in Smashboards, they say,

That Isaac's dimly glowing chances,

grew three sizes that day."

Last edited:
Top Bottom