• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
I am still thinking this leak has a 50% chance of being real. If it isn't, at least it provided a lot of buzz around Isaac.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
The Grinch and Wendy's aiding Isaac's chance to get into Smash. What a time to be alive folks. I get the feeling people are going to start shipping those two if hasn't happened already.
I'm glad to know both have good taste on videogames despite being probably very old people by this point. :laugh:

(Also, your comment's amazing, can I spread it bit around?)

Last edited:

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
If Isaac gets a stage, I would really love Venus Lighthouse, even if it's just as an excuse for a remix of its theme.

Last edited:

FlintIke

Smash Journeyman
Tbh I think when Isaac finally joins smash, the 2 Soundtracks I almost see guaranteed are the Venus Lighthouse theme and his own Battle Theme.
I can already hear it in his trailer...

Gurein

Smash Apprentice
Sorry, I think Omni's breakdown is way too detailed. I'm firmly on the side that the Grinch leak is fake.

The only thing that would be hard to do is the printout on the circular banner. Everything else is relatively simple.

But the banner background was faked, which means the whole thing was faked.
Again, just because something can be faked, doesn't mean it's fake. While this argument can go against the grinch leak, you can't forget that were talking about a zoomed in screenshot in motion. I don't think arguing about if this bit of pixel is accurate to what we currently is going to help much.

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
My mind is going everywhere thanks to this leak. Now I just can’t get over the idea that this could be fake. And if this is somehow fake? My god! This would be the most elaborate hoax I have ever seen. Whoever made it would be a goddamn mastermind. I probably wouldn’t even be all that upset. I would just be in sheer awe by the man’s ability.

However, I am pretty stinkin confident that this has gotta be real. With everything it has going for it and the fact that it hasn’t been debunked yet. Because bruh, so many different things could debunk this. Yet we have no solid evidence to disprove it.

If this is real, it is the absolute best case scenario I could ask for. If fake, then there is an evil mastermind in our community. Which would honestly be pretty rad in itself. This is just awesome.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Again, just because something can be faked, doesn't mean it's fake. While this argument can go against the grinch leak, you can't forget that were talking about a zoomed in screenshot in motion. I don't think arguing about if this bit of pixel is accurate to what we currently is going to help much.
It's not that it can be faked. That wasn't what convinced me.

What convinced me is the background being way off from the actual background, conveniently wherever there was a character in the way.

Which means the background with no characters was faked.

Which means the whole thing was faked.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
if this item is in smash that could mean the grinch leak is legit
Just because Isaac is in the game through this item? I don’t think we can extrapolate that far in the least bit. Isaac has always a shot for the game regardless of leaks and number of newcomers left.

All that Growth does, if it is indeed Growth, is give Isaac a very, very good chance at being in the base game. That’s all. And in this thread I think that would be enough haha

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
With all the commotion going on between insiders, like Papa Geno has been suggesting; I think it's impossible for this to be completely fake. There's somthing fishy going on.

Q-Long

Smash Lord
I tried to show the people from the discussion topic about how much a image can change if it gets pixelated.

They dont care.
I'm still cautiously on the fence about this leak

but those people there have a pretty strong dislike of non relevant characters, i get the sense they probably would not want it to be true lol :b

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Staying team real here until I get egg on my face. The last time everyone jumped boat and thought something like this was fake, it was apparently a Photoshop'd Little Mac. lmfao

Graizen

Smash Champion
I'm still cautiously on the fence about this leak

but those people there have a pretty strong dislike of non relevant characters, i get the sense they probably would not want it to be true lol :b
My two most wanted characters are Agumon and Crash. So what?

People have to understand that this leak is almost impossible to be a fake.

Gurein

Smash Apprentice

What convinced me is the background being way off from the actual background, conveniently wherever there was a character in the way.

Well... Did you consider that the position of the characters were simply logical? I mean the mii fighters have finlly been put together when it didn't make sense that Miigunner was away from the other two before? If this leak is fake I want to be debunked right now, but this is nothing in my eyes.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
My two most wanted characters are Agumon and Crash. So what?

People have to understand that this leak is almost impossible to be a fake.
Not almost impossible at all. Most of it would be a fun little hobby for a graphic artist. The only hard part is getting the printout of the banner piece done.

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
With all the commotion going on between insiders, like Papa Geno has been suggesting; I think it's impossible for this to be completely fake. There's somthing fishy going on.
That’s the strangest thing to me in all of this. People getting info from insiders claiming these are the characters and then other insiders wondering where Incineroar is and then PapaGeno’s insider claiming someone is missing. Add that to that “leak” a few months ago that a character is supposed to be announced at the videogame awards, which takes place a day before Ultimate’s release.

Way too many strange things going on in Smash speculation. I just need Nintendo to hurry up with an announcement so we can sort all of this stuff out.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Fun little hobby?
Oh my god
Without seeing the full art, it's impossible to tell for sure, but it doesn't look to even be on the same level as the Rayman work, which WAS just a piece done for fun.

Delta64

Smash Journeyman

I thought it was established that the background has been changed when the banner gets changed. In other words, the banner at E3 has a different background than the background the banner has now. This is what I had heard. Still, it could be fake but, it could be real.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483

I'll be real here though, this being fake... would probably be the biggest downer in Smash's speculation history. An insanely elaborate, ingeniously done leak - but nevertheless, it be just too cruel to create on this passionate fanbase wanting this iteration of Smash to really be as best as it can be, in means of roster and fanservice.

So I really hope it's not fake anyway. As far as what it has presented, this would truly allow the series to finish itself with a bang.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I thought it was established that the background has been changed when the banner gets changed. In other words, the banner at E3 has a different background than the background the banner has now. This is what I had heard. Still, it could be fake but, it could be real.
Nope. ArtsyOmni did an overlay comparison. They're still the same, minus some minor color differences due to lighting.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

It doesn’t mean the background was faked, it means it’s different from the one we know.

Which is a strike against, but it’s not like there can’t be more than one version of a piece of artwork.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Without seeing the full art, it's impossible to tell for sure, but it doesn't look to even be on the same level as the Rayman work, which WAS just a piece done for fun.
Its PIXELATED
Please for the Love of GOD
Can someone in this board understand that?

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475
Anyone else find it interesting that the mural from the Grinch leak appears to have Isaac using growth or tending to some kind of a plant and then there’s a potential Golden Sun item in the form of the Growth Psynergy? I’m personally less sold on it being a GS item than I am on the Grinch leak, but still.
Maybe is a way to introduce the new audience to Golden Sun. Many people said that Isaac is just another sword user, but that's not the case, and making he use the psynergy in the banner, and add an item that show the psynergy is a way to differenciate him and the franchise from other swords users

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Its PIXELATED
Please for the Love of GOD
Can someone in this board understand that?
Apparently you can't. Pixelizing something doesn't change it's colors.

It doesn’t mean the background was faked, it means it’s different from the one we know.

Which is a strike against, but it’s not like there can’t be more than one version of a piece of artwork.
Which would be fine, if there was any indication that the background has changed, at all, since it was first shown off at E3. But there is none, as that background matches perfectly (adjusting for lighting differences) with the current one.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Tbh I think when Isaac finally joins smash, the 2 Soundtracks I almost see guaranteed are the Venus Lighthouse theme and his own Battle Theme.
I can already hear it in his trailer...
Well the way I envisioned it was the Golden Sun main theme playing with the logo and all and then Venus Lighthouse (the location not the track mind you) is shown where Isaac is seen and the tagline "ISAAC STANDS HIS GROUND!" is shown. Then his battle theme plays followed by the introduction of Felix as an Echo Fighter and his kickass track theme plays. And then the trailer ends with the camera panning to Alex who has a snarky look on his face planning something diabolical.

I outta write out the entire trailer I had in mind.

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
Artsy Omni debunked the Grinch leak in his stream, I strongly suggest you go watch it. As for this sprout item, I cannot confidently say it's a GS item. It looks more like Growth than it does like a Mario beanstalk, but not so much so that the possibility if it being a beanstalk is nullified. I'm gonna stick with 25% Mario beanstalk, 25% original item, and 50% GS Growth.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Artsy Omni debunked the Grinch leak in his stream, I strongly suggest you go watch it. As for this sprout item, I cannot confidently say it's a GS item. It looks more like Growth than it does like a Mario beanstalk, but not so much so that the possibility if it being a beanstalk is nullified. I'm gonna stick with 25% Mario beanstalk, 25% original item, and 50% GS Growth.
How exactly did he debunk it, because right now there is no way one can due to the quality of the image. only way this is debunked is from nintendo themselves or the leaker

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
How exactly did he debunk it, because right now there is no way one can due to the quality of the image. only way this is debunked is from nintendo themselves or the leaker
He did side by side and overlay comparisons of the E3 background with several versions of the actual background, and the raw background we saw in the leak.

They all matched up, except for obvious holes in the leak background in places that were covered up by characters in the other banners.

Huanchi

Smash Apprentice
Which would be fine, if there was any indication that the background has changed, at all, since it was first shown off at E3. But there is none, as that background matches perfectly (adjusting for lighting differences) with the current one.
except there is

also this is a Support Thread. if you dont want to support the golden boy then you a free to leave

Last edited:

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
What is it with y'all saying Omni debunked it? He simply provided insight and told everyone to use their own judgement. Its this same level of insight that made literally everyone on Smashboards and elsewhere call Shulk a photoshopped Little Mac.

Y'all need to stop believing the first thing you hear without solid evidence to back it up. Its only a rumor until proven true or false. Just because someone you believe says its fake doesn't mean its fake. There is no actual evidence to discredit the leak. I think we've all formed our own opinions on the leak thus far and until new evidence comes forward, this topic is moot.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Apparently you can't. Pixelizing something doesn't change it's colors.

When resampling images, larger or smaller, you always loose some quality. This is natural as you are either adding or removing pixels from your image.

When you make an image smaller, it will become sharper and more pixelated, as the higher contrast edges are maintained at the cost of the less important filler information.

When you make an image larger, it will become more blurry. This is because you are adding pixels between the existing ones that are a created as a blend of its neighbors.

Yes, some colors change or even disapear. Some parts of the image can simple vanish. Thats what pixelation do.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
except there is

also this is a Support Thread. if you dont want to support the golden boy then you a free to leave
Not supporting a leak is not the same as not supporting Isaac.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
He did side by side and overlay comparisons of the E3 background with several versions of the actual background, and the raw background we saw in the leak.

They all matched up, except for obvious holes in the leak background in places that were covered up by characters in the other banners.
Got to say that doesn't 100% debunk it The E3 background is of course going to be more detailed as it was on a giant screen. the one we have seems to be meant for wristbands, and the background will be less detailed to avoid clutter.

It pokes holes in the leak but it doesn't kill it

tveye

Smash Journeyman
except there is

Not cool, we can still support Isaac and still not be 100% on this leak. It’s very believable, but there are still some flaws. We’ve all been disappointed once before, after all.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Aight. You all want to talk about something not looking like it should in regards to Smash? Lets talk about this.

Not every piece of work is going to come out looking the same, or comparable to another. Especially if its coming from a screen shot of a snap chat post.

Top Bottom