• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
Wouldn’t it be great if the purpose of the item was to turn your opponent into one of these funny looking human tree transformed people in golden sun for a few sec. Making them vulnerable to damages but couldn’t be ejected since they’re trees with roots in the ground.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Aight. You all want to talk about something not looking like it should in regards to Smash? Lets talk about this.

Not every piece of work is going to come out looking the same, or comparable to another. Especially if its coming from a screen shot of a snap chat post.
Oh look its Morth, the cousin of Sader

9opG1oV.jpg

LuminoZero

Smash Apprentice
Wouldn’t it be great if the purpose of the item was to turn your opponent into one of these funny looking human tree transformed people in golden sun for a few sec. Making them vulnerable to damages but couldn’t be ejected since they’re trees with roots in the ground.
I like this idea.

FlintIke

Smash Journeyman
Not cool, we can still support Isaac and still not be 100% on this leak. It’s very believable, but there are still some flaws. We’ve all been disappointed once before, after all.
Yeah I welcome everyone who want to talk about our golden boy or maybe even support him. Like I said being respectful to each other is a take and give and should be obvious. Doesn't matter if you believe some leak or don't lol.

Thus said I watched omny's video and it was good but correct me if I am wrong but doesn't the "leaked banner" seem... destroyed to you?

Like the happy and colorful aspect is now gone and it more looks like something story-related which might be why it looks more "dry and less colorful".
I think omny did a good job to find evidence against the leak but I still think it's not entirely gone yet. I will still wait for the very 1st character to be confirmed from here on out to see if the grinch leak ends up being true or false.

AmateurKnight23

Smash Rookie
Whether or not the Grinch Leak was intentional (or fake), the way the new item was presented was definitely intentional. Nintendo has been careful not to reveal this item yet, for some reason. Nintendo posted this video knowing that we would see this and become interested.

Isaac is definitely probably in Smash.

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475
BEST ÍTEM EVER

Gurein

Smash Apprentice
Alright (seems I'm gonna copy Soliminal's intro)
So I have to assume the leaker recreated the entire background almost exactly like the official one we know without looking at it, or refusing to use it?
On top of every single evidence going for the leak? Guess I've been 4D chessed pretty hard. I didn't want to bring it up, but this is heavily reminding me of Wario's photoshopped subspace emissary face.

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
Whether or not the Grinch Leak was intentional (or fake), the way the new item was presented was definitely intentional. Nintendo has been careful not to reveal this item yet, for some reason. Nintendo posted this video knowing that we would see this and become interested.

Yesterday when I first saw the item I thought "why would they show an item from gs before showing isaac" but honestly as much as it looks like growth it could be something else. But I think a possible reason why it was shown is because even we as golden sun fans don't know 100% that it's from the game (since theres no physical "growth item" in gs) so as mysterious as it is there's a good possibility that it's a tease in our favor

Last edited:

tveye

Smash Journeyman

Well, not necessarily. Remember when Nintendo accidentally leaked Ness, Jigglypuff, and Lucario in Brawl? Or Ganondorf in Smash 4? Or even Simon in Ultimate?

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
I'd also like to clarify that Omni himself at the end of his stream said that it is hard to tell at this point if its fake or real even with the evidence he provided against it. While he is a personal believer of team fake, that does not mean this leak is by any means fake.

Try to enjoy yourselves guys instead of being at each others throats over this. lol

Some food for thought though. I'm more surprised that people haven't asked how he has been able to flawlessly move around every character without screwing up the details on them. Photoshop is a fine tool. But let me tell you, it ain't that fine. Am I missing something here? Because shouldn't it be just as easy to mess up a character as it would be to mess up the background? Please enlighten me someone.

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
All ArtsyOmni did was point out the discrepancies in the background everyone was already talking about, he just did it with more detail and rightfully so coming from an artist. The thing is that no matter how many smudged cloud there are, how many rocks are missing, we can't determine if they are relevant because, news flash, the public hasn't seen the full final banner yet.

Also also, so what if the empty background is not consistent?? Is anyone ever going to see anything with all the characters in front?? People, if there's anything they can slack off with is the parts of the background that are not going to be seen anyway. The background has been already altered officially, and that's a fact.

Don't miss the big picture trying to nitpick clouds (or overlaying Little Mac to Shulk heh). Nothing has changed, nothing has debunked it yet. And one last thing, I don't really get people who "are on the fence", like, dude (in general), either you believe it or not, if you are on the fence, you don't believe, period.

#TeamReal

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
I'd also like to clarify that Omni himself at the end of his stream said that it is hard to tell at this point if its fake or real even with the evidence he provided against it. While he is a personal believer of team fake, that does not mean this leak is by any means fake.

Try to enjoy yourselves guys instead of being at each others throats over this. lol

Some food for thought though. I'm more surprised that people haven't asked how he has been able to flawlessly move around every character without screwing up the details on them. Photoshop is a fine tool. But let me tell you, it ain't that fine. Am I missing something here? Because shouldn't it be just as easy to mess up a character as it would be to mess up the background? Please enlighten me someone.
That is what I've been thinking whenever someone brought up inconsistencies between the mural in the leak, and the E3 stage. What we should be looking for are imperfections within the mural leak, not that it's different from E3 screenshots. One thing to consider is how well the boundary between MGW and the empty battlefield seam together, with no cut outs of any kind. That means, if it was fake, the dude put in a heck of a lot of work, ontop of drastically switching characters, with no visible issues.

Last edited:

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
Not almost impossible at all. Most of it would be a fun little hobby for a graphic artist. The only hard part is getting the printout of the banner piece done.
On the contrary, someone on this site undertook it and admitted it was turning out to be a bigger pain than he originally anticipated. No matter how you look at it this would be tens if not at least a hundred hours of work, just for the editing, not even looking into the research necessary to ensure that all the facts line up the way they have so far.

I'm still on the fence but I'm heavily leaning real, but if it is fake, my hats off to this guy, the greatest leaker of all time.

Last edited:

Arteen

Smash Lord
except there is

also this is a Support Thread. if you dont want to support the golden boy then you a free to leave
Keep in mind, this is the Isaac support thread, not the Grinch support thread. Let's not conflate the two.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Keep in mind, this is the Isaac support thread, not the Grinch support thread. Let's not conflate the two.
It was. Now it’s a “bow and worship the leak” thread. We have one of those already.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
I ate Panda Express last night and in my fortune cookie, it said, "Follow your gut". And my gut tells me that the Grinch leak (or at least Isaac is playable) is real.

But that doesn't mean I'm not open to the possibility that this leak could be fake. If so, then kudos to the guy who made it. That's amazing work!

Skyblade12 Skyblade12 , I'm sorry that you feel the way you do, but don't let a few people in here push you away from what you came here for in the first place: Supporting Isaac. Not everyone here is on full 100% real on the leak, myself included. We're just excited that Isaac may finally have a shot at being in the roster. All we have to do is wait for a reveal soon. And I really hope soon.

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Fun little hobby?
Oh my god
See, this argument confuses me the most with regards to the leak being real. That supposedly someone wouldn’t put the effort in. People put effort into all sorts of elaborate, senseless things for different reasons. Saying someone couldn’t possibly conceive of doing this is false. People could very, very easily decide they wanted to do make something this elaborate. Again, a great point is that the single longest work of fiction we have is that Smash Fan Fiction. That speaks to the lengths people will go in relation to Smash for whatever their purposes are.

You can believe it or not, but the supposed effort involves mean literally nothing.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
That is what I've been thinking whenever someone brought up inconsistencies between the mural in the leak, and the E3 stage. What we should be looking for are imperfections within the mural leak, not that it's different from E3 screenshots. One thing to consider is how well the boundary between MGW and the empty battlefield seam together, with no cut outs of any kind. That means, if it was fake, the dude put in a heck of a lot of work, ontop of drastically switching characters, with no visible issues.
This guy gets it. Seriously though. Like... Why? The characters are honestly the first detail people should've been starting to nitpick. That would've been the easiest way to red flag the hell out of this leak. This, to me, is what makes the leak entirely believable.

Just to give you all some insight about me though, I am a former art college student. Mind you I had to drop out after the first year due to fund issues, I still attended. And this after about 2 years of Graphic Design study at a Trade School that specifically taught us how to use tools like Photoshop. I do have a very keen eye for detail. Not saying I'm some sort of magic cousin of Omni's. But I am well versed in art tools. Specifically:

-Photoshop
-Illustrator
-Paint Tool Sai
-Paint.Net
-Gimp
-Everyone's favorite, MS Paint

This among a bunch of other stuff. Even 1 year of college and 2 years of tradeschool along with a bunch of personal self taught experience is enough to say I at least have a good idea what I'm talking about. Lmfao

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Well then, here's even bigger hoping of seeing Ivan become playable in Smash-series someday:

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
It was. Now it’s a “bow and worship the leak” thread. We have one of those already.
Please don’t lump all of us in one pot. I’m team real, but open to the possibility of it being fake. And I’m not trying to change anyone’s minds on the matter.

Ultimately I’m just supporting my boy regardless of any leaks or plants in bubbles.

And to the people saying I’m only on team real because Isaac’s in the leak. No. If Isaac wasn’t in the leak I’d be most assuredly disheartened, but I’d still be on team real.

Isaac has appeared in other leaks in the past and I never jumped on them saying they’re real because Isaac is in it.

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
Please don’t lump all of us in one pot. I’m team real, but open to the possibility of it being fake. And I’m not trying to change anyone’s minds on the matter.

Ultimately I’m just supporting my boy regardless of any leaks or plants in bubbles.

And to the people saying I’m only on team real because Isaac’s in the leak. No. If Isaac wasn’t in the leak I’d be most assuredly disheartened, but I’d still be on team real.

Isaac has appeared in other leaks in the past and I never jumped on them saying they’re real because Isaac is in it.
Basically this. For those paying attention, I have actually debunked leaks myself that have Isaac in them.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
See, this argument confuses me the most with regards to the leak being real. That supposedly someone wouldn’t put the effort in. People put effort into all sorts of elaborate, senseless things for different reasons. Saying someone couldn’t possibly conceive of doing this is false. People could very, very easily decide they wanted to do make something this elaborate. Again, a great point is that the single longest work of fiction we have is that Smash Fan Fiction. That speaks to the lengths people will go in relation to Smash for whatever their purposes are.

You can believe it or not, but the supposed effort involves mean literally nothing.
Hah, I love the fact that the longest work of fanfiction is Smash related. But cause I love to write and have been doing so for years, it doesn't come off crazy to me. Heck I even have my own Smash fic that I've been writing since Brawl (on and off cause I'm lazy af) with Ike as the main character (like that was a surprise) and I've been trying to incorporate every single character just cause it's fun but more characters keep getting added before I can find a sensible way to add them in the story without it being all, 'Lalala oh it's Cloud, I didn't know you lived here!' types of stupid and I still have yet to even begin incorporating Smash 4's dlc (aside from the obvious veterans).

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
The people trying to debunk the leak are looking at one aspect of it, the art piece itself. But there still other layers of details that currently cannot be proven or disproven, specifically with the leaker having worked at those two companies, having those linkedin profiles, etc

I'm like 75/25 on the real side personally. The only way this leak is confirmed is through a direct, and the only way it's deconfirmed is by the leaker coming out with legitimate proof of faking it. Our discussions bring in a bunch of points that are pros/cons for the leak but again there's no way to determine its legitimacy without an official confirmation from a direct

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
The people trying to debunk the leak are looking at one aspect of it, the art piece itself. But there still other layers of details that currently cannot be proven or disproven, specifically with the leaker having worked at those two companies, having those linkedin profiles, etc

I'm like 75/25 on the real side personally. The only way this leak is confirmed is through a direct, and the only way it's deconfirmed is by the leaker coming out with legitimate proof of faking it. Our discussions bring in a bunch of points that are pros/cons for the leak but again there's no way to determine its legitimacy without an official confirmation from a direct
Neither of those companies have proven ties with Nintendo.

Being a publicist is one thing, but doesn’t prove the Smash info.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Real talk guys. Do you think we might see a reveal at the end of this Wendey's Tailgate Party thing? Or are we all on board with the idea that its just going to be another direct first?

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289

I mean for the most part the discussions are bringing out the worst in some people even tho I'd like this leak to be real but not in place of the peace of this thread here it's got everyone divided no one's changing each other's minds so I say we just drop it some people still see it as truth and some see it as a lie and some don't care for either and will die with the leak to each there own no one has to do silly things like leave the thread or tell people there not a real fan an even sillier notion

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
Neither of those companies have proven ties with Nintendo.

Being a publicist is one thing, but doesn’t prove the Smash info.
But it also hasn't been confirmed that they don't have ties with nintendo/Bandai Namco right? I'm not even trying to prove anything other than the fact that this leak is not debunked AND it's not confirmed to be real. But that's where this argument is coming from anyways

hustler713

Smash Apprentice
I'll watch that item shortly @Billybae10K I did want to bring up something that I feel like a lot of people forgot and to counter one of the biggest "negitives" to large roster leaks.

Sakurai said to not expect to many new fighters, but he said this exact thing back in 2012 for smash 4

https://nintendotoday.com/super-smash-bros-wii-u-characters/

Quote: "There is a charm to games that have huge casts of playable characters, but they tend to have issues with game balance and it becomes difficult to fine tune each character and have them all feel distinctive” Sakurai told Nintendo Power magazine, talking about fighting games in general. He added, “we have probably already reached the limit of what’s feasible. A change of direction may be what’s needed "

And what happened in smash 4? well including DLC we got 21 new fighters. 17 without the DLC, and 15 if you count the mii fighters as 1 and not 3.

So why can;t this be true for this game as well? It seems obvious Sakurai wants people to keep their expectations low, and then surprise them with more. If this leak is true it could be doing that as well.

A bit off topic,, but any credance to the claims going around we are getting more then on this leak? Like Incineroar and at least 1 other?
actually we haven't got so many Newcomers. If this Leak happens to be true (which it more than likely is) we have 9 Newcomers. "Echoes are treated a bit differently" (direct quote) Sakurai seems to not consider them Newcomers, as a lot of us wanted them to be since Melee.

Concernig the growth leak. It would be a weird choice to put Psinergy as Item reprasentation for GS rather than Items or Djinn.
If we take a look at the Banner Leak and the rathalos tweet in addition to this Item which just looks TOO similiar to the Growth Logo from the GS Games to not be related to it, than this could be closest Evidence to Isaac beeing in the Game we had since the Rathalos Tweet.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
actually we haven't got so many Newcomers. If this Leak happens to be true (which it more than likely is) we have 9 Newcomers. "Echoes are treated a bit differently" (direct quote) Sakurai seems to not consider them Newcomers, as a lot of us wanted them to be since Melee.

Concernig the growth leak. It would be a weird choice to put Psinergy as Item reprasentation for GS rather than Items or Djinn.
If we take a look at the Banner Leak and the rathalos tweet in addition to this Item which just looks TOO similiar to the Growth Logo from the GS Games to not be related to it, than this could be closest Evidence to Isaac beeing in the Game we had since the Rathalos Tweet.
So far we haven't yeah, especially if Sakurai doesn't counter echos as newcomers per say. It just bugs me that says something like this leak is impossible because he said not many new comers. he is most likely trying to keep people expecting less and then surprising with more

FlintIke

Smash Journeyman
Real talk guys. Do you think we might see a reveal at the end of this Wendey's Tailgate Party thing? Or are we all on board with the idea that its just going to be another direct first?
I don't think so, up until now Nintendo or Sakurai himself always confirmed characters in directs even recently with Isabelle. I don't think they're gonna change that anytime soon.

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
No reason to agrue over the leak guys! Truth is there are points against it as well as points for it as strange as that may seem.

Now I’m not trying to get anyone’s hopes up as I’m 50/50 on the leak but as far as I know there are no dates with these pics so we have no clue if these pics were taken last week, last month or last year. It’s POSSIBLE that higher ups like stockholders wanted the e3 presentation demoed as it’s their money involved of course and artwork may not have been finalized at that point in development so they made a quick mock draft for them. Who knows as I’m sure every artist will tell you concept art rarely matches the finalized product.

I do find it weird insiders are claiming these characters are right and there is one missing too plus that guy saying Nintendo was worried about a leak we overlooked and there was that Chad leak back in September that matches the mural leak.

Anyways take the leak with a grain of salt because it might be an elaborate hoax. However we are a month out so everything will be known soon enough! Just relax.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx

I think the main problem is getting a company involved. A leaker even fake would face several issues and potential lawsuits for smearing their company's reputation through the mud. Whoever made this leak, if it's false, would and could be charged with several different criminal activity. In fact, the other company already made a statement because they realize how it could jeporadize their relationship with Namco.

I doubt a leaker would want that. I'm sure if they don't come clean soon, it's in fact real. But that's just my two cents.

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
There is something I can't help but find weird about the banner leak (this is not evidence for or against the leak, just an observation). If this is a fake leaker who is an expert at graphic design and is a talented artist, it seems like it would make more sense for the image to be clear so that his work could be admired even after proven fake. But, the image is so low quality the artist's work cannot really be admired.

Think about some of the most famous fake image/video leaks we have seen (like the Rayman leak). Each one has had clear artwork and most focus on either a single character or a small group of characters (we have never had one attempt 7 and be this convincing). If this is in fact a fake leak, this leaker's art cannot be appreciated in the form it was put out. It's like making a terrific painting, spilling coffee all over it, and putting it out anyway.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I'm glad to know both have good taste on videogames despite being probably very old people by this point. :laugh:

(Also, your comment's amazing, can I spread it bit around?)
I bet Tumblr is already working on that… lol

It's not that it can be faked. That wasn't what convinced me.

What convinced me is the background being way off from the actual background, conveniently wherever there was a character in the way.

Which means the background with no characters was faked.

Which means the whole thing was faked.
Implying they wouldn't edit anything else aside from moving characters for the final version of the product artwork poster… As someone who works with media, art and graphic design, I can tell you this is very likely to happen, and expecting the background to remain 100% the same all the time is a self made rule based on a pattern of unfinished artworks. It's totally erroneous to jump to the conclusion the background is fake because of it being different in its final version compared to the previous ones, like assuming it won't ever change anything else other than moving characters. Concept art doesn't work like that, and not even Omni should be jumping to this conclusion based on this self made rule. I'm open mind about this because it's 100% possible that more than just characters will be edited in the final piece of this roster artwork, and denying this would just result into total ignorance of how artwork works in media when it's still in WIP (work in progress) phases, such as in posters, box arts, etc etc. I know how this things works cause I have years of experience with this, so I suggest not holding on to such weak arguments lacking final knowledge of what's gonna happen and how the art area works in media.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
I think the main problem is getting a company involved. A leaker even fake would face several issues and potential lawsuits for smearing their company's reputation through the mud. Whoever made this leak, if it's false, would and could be charged with several different criminal activity. In fact, the other company already made a statement because they realize how it could jeporadize their relationship with Namco.

I doubt a leaker would want that. I'm sure if they don't come clean soon, it's in fact real. But that's just my two cents.
If a leaker was a disgruntled past employee or event current one, it would be possible.

MatthewVenusAdept

Smash Cadet
Arguing over the leak is really stupid, all it does is bring out the toxic side of the community over something that will proven either be true or false in a short period of time.
The "growth" item is definitely a head-scratcher though.

Top Bottom