• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Part of me wants to think it's real but.... it's really weird that almost every new character are from old games.... Golden Sun, Banjo, Geno, Match Rider (I think this is just the "retro" surprise Sakurai alway shows)... They did pretty high in the ballot but I don't know...
It's because there were a lot of injustices made to the roster while they celebrated the last console (singular not plural)

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
So, guys, I just noticed this and I'm sure others may have pointed it out, but on the right-most picture here, you can actually see the renders for characters like Shadow, Isaac, etc on the mural. I never actually noticed this, but I think that's just legitimized this leak since it's clearly on a desk, it's printed out, etc.

DqQYiTaW4AYAXdg.jpg

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
Okay...with all the evidence, I have to say that this appears to be legit! The only way to prove/disprove this will be through official reveals from Sakurai and Nintendo. Until that happens I’m gonna try to sleep knowing we might have literally revived Golden Sun through our ballot votes! I now have a reason to buy champagne as I will drink it in celebration during Isaac’s reveal trailer!

Yoh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yoh_Zephyr
If Isaac and Kos-mos are real I'm going nuts. My two most wanted.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Yeah, IF this is real I would be largely satisfied with what we got since Isaac and Geno were some of my most wanted and there are no additions that I dislike or have any kind of issue with.

No Dixie would be a shame, but I'm happy that DK got a new rep with K Rool atleast. I kinda wanted Impa too, but that had more to do with wanting another rep for Zelda outside of the triforce trio, but I could ultimately live with her not being in the game. Only real downer would be no Elma, but oh well, maybe DLC?
No Dixie? This is totally fake! Nah, I'm joking. If anything this certainly makes up for the slow torturous wait of news and put a new spin on discussion. And Mach Rider? Whoa if this is real, my bro's going to have a freaking field day! When I asked him what characters he'd want he listed Saki and Mach Rider. And I'm like dude maybe Saki but Mach Rider. Is Captain Falcon in a car? Is Fox in an arwing? That's not happening lol. Oh well, might be my turn to eat some crow if this is legit.

And typing this is making me late for work rip.

Last edited:

MatthewVenusAdept

Smash Cadet
The possible roster is also weird. This comes from /v/, so it isn't the most reliable piece of business. The blurriness is off-putting, and the overall poor presentation hints that it could be disguising art that doesn't quite fit the art of actual fighters.

Im also trying to figure out why theres grass(?) in front of Isaac.
he is summoning plants. You know, its kind of his thing lol

Gurein

Smash Apprentice
The more I look into, the more it might actually be real.

-The background of the mural looking this good is a very hard one to fake
-The grinch material shows that the person is legit
-Isaac having vines underneath him is not something most people would think of when making a fake leak

I am still cautious.................. But you NEVER KNOW! :^)

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I love that we've realized that faking this roster also means faking promotional material for The Grinch.

What a night it's been.

Tetiro

Smash Ace
I am going to laugh so hard if Sakurai just got trolled by the Grinch

Do we call this leak the Grinch Theory now?

Last edited:

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Kinda wanna say we did it and that all our love and support got us this far but we haven't hit the finish line yet but we can see it and it looks amazing / blurry

Last edited:

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
This is what I like waking up to :) haven't looked much at the leak but I obviously hope it's real

But damn isn't that way too many newcomers? Especially since it's super likely we only have one direct left before launch

Gurein

Smash Apprentice
This is what I like waking up to :) haven't looked much at the leak but I obviously hope it's real

But damn isn't that way too many newcomers? Especially since it's super likely we only have one direct left before launch
Smash "ULTIMATE/SPECIAL": EVERYONE is here.

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
In my eyes, this is kind of a perfect roster if it turns out to be true. Rhythm Heaven and Golden Sun get representation, Geno and Banjo are added, Shadow and Ken get some spotlight and hell, Mach Rider joins in on the fun as well.
I really hope this leak could be real. 3 of my top 5 (Geno,Isaac,Banjo,Shantae, and Sora) are on the base roster!!!!!
I may really want Shantae, but having Isaac in the base game would be the dream come true for me and many others. Whatever happens, I hope this can be real!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
If Isaac and Kos-mos are real I'm going nuts. My two most wanted.
I'm sorry but KOS-MOS isn't in this. Some images thought she might have been on there, but that was just clouds. There's 7 new characters:

Isaac
Chorus Kids
Mach Rider
Geno
Banjo-Kazooie

Shadow (Echo)
Ken (Echo)

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
The ones that excite me here are Isaac, geno, banjo and even mach rider

Don't care too much about the rest but all are very good choices

Seoxys

Smash Apprentice
You mean this one ?
I'll take a look in a break but looks interesting...

It's weird (this is going to be my catchphrase at the end..) that having some non-blurry artwork like the top-left one we are still getting a blurry image of the most interersting leak in this game until now... it's indeed strange, o maybe he's just trying to make everyone talk about it for some time due the quality of the image, "it's real? it's not?"...

If it's clear as water nothing else will be discussed as it's "confirmed and bullet-proof"....
Yeah that one ! I'm hoping that it's true since its basically making every team glad in the end !

Machete

Smash Ace
If the leak is fake, it's definitely the most work ever put into a fake leak. The only reason not to believe it is that it's basically too good to be true. I'm sad Dixie would've gotten the shaft yet again, but that roster would cater to everyone. A newer character, a retro character, the two obvious third party echoes and the three most wanted remaining characters.

I'd be insanely happy for all of you Isaac fans. I've not had any must have wants since K.Rool got in, so I always wanted Isaac to be in because of how dedicated his fanbase is. Look like hype's back on the menu boys.

Gurein

Smash Apprentice
If the leak is real, what kind of monster pacing will the next direct have? Unless not all newcomer get CGI reveals, how the is it going to be like?!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
If the leak is fake, it's definitely the most work ever put into a fake leak. The only reason not to believe it is that it's basically too good to be true. I'm sad Dixie would've gotten the shaft yet again, but that roster would cater to everyone. A newer character, a retro character, the two obvious third party echoes and the three most wanted remaining characters.

I'd be insanely happy for all of you Isaac fans. I've not had any must have wants since K.Rool got in, so I always wanted Isaac to be in because of how dedicated his fanbase is. Look like hype's back on the menu boys.
I actually think this is good for Dixie. If she was base roster, she'd be an Echo. Now she's a top DLC candidate (unless she's an AT) and can be a semi clone instead of an Echo.

If the leak is real, what kind of monster pacing will the next direct have? Unless not all newcomer get CGI reveals, how the is it going to be like?!
There's a rumor that we're getting both a General Direct and a Smash Direct. MS also has a weird event going on where -maybe- they could reveal Banjo.

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
There was some rumor about their being 2 directs in November (a general one and a Smash one). so atleast one character would be shown there or maybe more (if the direct rumor is true of course)?

Machete

Smash Ace
I actually think this is good for Dixie. If she was base roster, she'd be an Echo. Now she's a top DLC candidate (unless she's an AT) and can be a semi clone instead of an Echo.
Yes, I thought of that. This is the second time she's been considered, and she was obviously deemed as too important to be an echo, and with K.Rool in they might have not wanted to put two unique DK characters, but DLC can be her chance. This is almost her best-case non playable scenario.

But yeah, this roster is too good to be true, I could only hope for Mach Rider to be a woman for it to be improved. But look at the details on Isaac in there! Vines, earth djinn...It makes me so happy for all the Isaacfans I know.

Last edited:

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
I am in a state of flux.

I want that to be real.
I'm also disappointed that I might have been leaked to who is left.
I would be super relieved if it were true.

Ah bananas what do I do now.

hustler713

Smash Apprentice
Okay...with all the evidence, I have to say that this appears to be legit! The only way to prove/disprove this will be through official reveals from Sakurai and Nintendo. Until that happens I’m gonna try to sleep knowing we might have literally revived Golden Sun through our ballot votes! I now have a reason to buy champagne as I will drink it in celebration during Isaac’s reveal trailer!
I'd say that's the most likely roster.

Leaks lately became weirder and weirder with their picks to gain more attention. I'd feel sad for Bandana Dee Fans if this is true, but i would be perfectly fine with this roster.

Flarzo

Smash Cadet
If this is real I couldn't be happier. The blurriness is a little off-putting but the fact that its also printed out physically is convincing.

Q-Long

Smash Lord
Too many characters and too many fan characters. I just dont believe it.

If it's true then amazing.

New Mach Rider game from Sakurai would be cool too.

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
Too many characters and too many fan characters. I just dont believe it.

If it's true then amazing.

New Mach Rider game from Sakurai would be cool too.
Well Sakurai did say he added all the past characters back because he felt that was what the fans wanted.

He also said Ridley was heavily requested by fans so he added him.

He said he never knew King K Rool was so popular and after seeing how well he did on the ballot added him.

He also claimed to add Chrom and Dark Samus due to fan request.

At this point, clearly Sakurai made this game with the fans in mind and used the ballot so the “to good to be true” argument actually helps this leak more instead of hurt it.

Edit: I still haven’t gone to sleep. This excitement won’t let me lol. Glad I’m off work on Wednesday’s.

Last edited:

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
My spirits are lifted with this banner, but only slightly...I cant get hype until I see our boy in action.

And Banjo? This is looking too good...all of the newcomers have been misses for me except K.Rool and now I get two of my most wanted?

No, don't fall for it don't let him hurt you again...

D

Deleted member

Usually when a leak appears, it dies a quick death as people immediately discover what's fishy about it and point out where assets were recycled or whatever.

The fact this one hasn't... maybe it's a good sign, I dunno. The important thing for us is that Isaac made the cut.

Arteen

Smash Lord
IMO the leak is 100% fake. Good effort, but Isaac's art looks awful next to nearby human characters, regardless of bluriness and artifacting.

Top Bottom