• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Dhragen

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dhragen
Usually when a leak appears, it dies a quick death as people immediately discover what's fishy about it and point out where assets were recycled or whatever.

The fact this one hasn't... maybe it's a good sign, I dunno. The important thing for us is that Isaac made the cut.
Yeah, i totally imagine the guys at Source Gaming scratching their heads and try to find something to disprove this leak (and if not, probably tweeting something like: "until proven fake, remember to HYPE RESPONSIBLY")

Mehdow

Smash Journeyman
I still confused,... I don't know what to think about this. I'm taking this leak as real but only because I would even pay it to be real....

But even if there's a lot of things that could say "yeah it's real because the amount of effort/detail/look at this amount of coincidences".... there's something in my mind that screams "N O T R E A L" and I can't explay why. It's....maybe too good to be real, but I think it's mostly because it's a blurry and really small image in which we can't even recognice critical details...

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I think regardless of the legitimacy of the leak, Smash 4 has made us regard any leaks towards the end with such beloved characters with uncertainty. I mean, if real, this leak would be the exact opposite of the ESRB one as people would actively want so many of these characters and few would be as substantially disappointed as with that one. It’d be an almost poetic inversion of last time...

My heart shutters at this leak. We need something more. Whether that be from the leaker or Nintendo, we need something right now. Cause the longer this is allowed to fester, the worse it will be in the event that it’s fake.

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
This leak is giving me chills guys. Trying my best to remain objective but this one... it's hard not to haha.

Mehdow

Smash Journeyman
If internet can't prove this is real or not, these are going to be the most obscure weeks ever in our Wait Game(TM), at least until the next direct.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483

Didn't really expect something this big - not only playing immensely well on Isaac's favor, but also plenty others out there.

Let's see where this goes.

StormC

Smash Hero
I would actually cry if this leak was real, but I wish Smash speculation didn't make me so cynical to doubt it.

I feel like I've seen the Banjo art before but I can't place it...

Pyzlnar

Smash Apprentice
Idk.

I still hold to my "Don't trust any leaks arguments"
But for one I wouldn't mind this one being true.

It just feels weird because it plays into so many things that many wanted and didn't go with the current leaks.

- No new Pokemon (General opinion divided with Incineroar)
- An abundant number of newcomers (7 total, low being 2, mid 4~5, max 8~9)
- Isaac, Geno, B&K as newcomers
- Chorus Kids (planned before, who most didn't see happening any more)
- An unusual addition that most didn't see coming (Mach Rider)
- Shadow and Ken as safe echo additions

I will take this leak over Vegetable bins' any day, but that's exactly why it makes me wonder.
It feels too good to be true, but it also feels like "yeah, this seems like a plausible roster" heh.

Oh well, glad to start the day with some uplifting news.

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
I'm a cynical *******. I'm thinking this leak will get BTFO'd in the next 24 hours. I would like nothing more than to be wrong

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
WTF?!? I wake up to see the banner has been leaked AND Isaac is in it?!?! If this is real, this is the greatest game ever made! But let's see if anyone can debunk it...

Black Magician

Smash Apprentice
If it does turn out to be fake I hope we can at least get a full clear pic of that Isaac art from somewhere. I love a good sword pose, but kneeling in the grass makes a nice change.

Mehdow

Smash Journeyman
Just think how it would be if it ends being fake and the Smash Direct only have Incineroar and Ken as final characters.

:awesome:

D

Deleted member

Here's the image where the thing came from, where it appears to be designed to fit in a cylindrical display, like you'd probably see hanging above a game store (like GameStop or Game, for the British Adepts). I do like how one side will be devoted exclusively to the game logo while all the fighters will be crammed into the other side.

If this is fake, this is arguably the most elaborate fake possible, considering how another promotional piece for a movie is being made at the same time, and the layout as to how to make a set piece would have to incorporate geometry and "piecing" together components so they are of equal length... not to mention showing how someone can assemble this piece with the "slot" at one end and the "key" at the other on the master image.

Smash-Ultimate-leak-1-1378x1480.jpg

And, here's a track I'd love to see in Ultimate.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
If this banner is real: "Shame on all of you for thinking that there's too many characters! Sakurai under promised us and WILL over deliver!!! As I always believed!!!"

Btw, that NeoGaf leak is looking real close to what it leaked!

Gurein

Smash Apprentice
Just think how it would be if it ends being fake and the Smash Direct only have Incineroar and Ken as final characters.

:awesome:
I'd cherish this moment, for a short while we experienced the anti ESRB leak. Everyone (mostly) is happy.
BUT, I'm on team IT'S REAL soooo :^)

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
If this leak is real, Nintendo and Sakurai will never trust anyone ever again. Reviewers leak them, marketing leaks them. The poor things, they just want to surprise us.

If this leak is real, it’s beyond dream roster level, it’s best roster ever, go home level. I’m sad for Dixie and Dee, but they’re huge candidates for DLC. Also sad for Skull Kid, but I could never shake the feeling that he’d be a boss instead. There are a couple of echoes I’d like, but all things considered I can’t even feel like wanting stuff when we get this.

DjinnandTonic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-5629-0198
I would have liked Impa, Celica, or Shantae to up the female roster count, but otherwise, this leak is pretty great. (No Bandana Dee, but that just means his chances for being DLC are way better. He's the only one of my top 3 who really had a good shot at being DLC. Isaac and Geno really have better shots at base roster....)

Ypsen

Smash Apprentice
It's a Fake :

Jeuxvidéo.com (one of the most famous forum/vg game site) has called this "marina" thing to learn about this Eric Bricard.
Marina does not recognize any of these work for them and stated theyhave no more relation with Bandai Namco. Also this Eric doesn't work for them since a long time.

I'm still searching the article.

EDIT :

We may lied to me, I'm must go away from home so I don't have the time to check. Ignore this until I get proofs

Last edited:

Mehdow

Smash Journeyman
If this leak is real, Nintendo and Sakurai will never trust anyone ever again. Reviewers leak them, marketing leaks them. The poor things, they just want to surprise us.

If this leak is real, it’s beyond dream roster level, it’s best roster ever, go home level. I’m sad for Dixie and Dee, but they’re huge candidates for DLC. Also sad for Skull Kid, but I could never shake the feeling that he’d be a boss instead. There are a couple of echoes I’d like, but all things considered I can’t even feel like wanting stuff when we get this.
Nintendo will print their own stuff from now and even rate their own games.... you need some legal stuff to do so? No worries, Nintendo will create their own country with their own laws where leaks are punished by death.

KMDP

Smash Legend
So, drifted over here from the Main thread to see if there was any insanity going on.

How's everybody doing?

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
At the moment, I am not ready to believe this leak (but that is how I am with every leak). Sure I would love this to be true (Isaac, Banjo, Geno, Ken and Shadow are the ones I am happy with). Even though I don't believe it I will keep an eye on it going forward.

Mehdow

Smash Journeyman
It's a Fake :

Jeuxvidéo.com (one of the most famous forum/vg game site) has called this "marina" thing to learn about this Eric Bricard.
Marina does not recognize any of these work for them and stated theyhave no more relation with Bandai Namco. Also this Eric doesn't work for them since a long time.

What a TWIST.

IyN2MyW.gif

Gurein

Smash Apprentice
It's a Fake :

This proves nothing. They have absolutely no business giving information telling us that the leak might be real.

Tetiro

Smash Ace
This proves nothing. They have absolutely no business giving information telling us that the leak might be real.
Pretty much. And even if they did, there is no way they would outright admit to the press they just made a massive screw up.

And regardless of legit or not, but this would be a massive screw up if there was any legit nature to it.

D

Deleted member

Of course they're gonna deny it. If they went and said, "oh, yeah that's legitimate", that's a PR nightmare, not to mention a loss of revenue from many companies wanting them to make promotional pieces for them because they revealed they can't keep their mouths shut.

If a Prima editor went and spilled the beans about this when he talked about making the strategy guide for Ultimate (I dunno if Prima or Piggybank will make the guide, as Piggybank would make hardback guides filled with bonus content, while Prima just makes a general guide, but this is an example), Prima would deny it (and probably fire the editor). Trust is easy to lose, and very hard to gain, as I learned the hard way in high school.

Most fakes are easy to determine their fakeness, in large part due to how assets are manipulated to present a false image with many ignoring subtle details, such as lighting and perspective. This one... doesn't, and that's the damndest thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ypsen

Smash Apprentice
We apparently lied to me, I think I had the link but I got nothing. Please ignore my precedent message.

Mehdow

Smash Journeyman
Yeah thinking about the company telling that it's not theirs.... They won't lose anything telling "it's not ours" but A LOT if they say "yeah , why?", so that's the answer they would tell in any case...

Man and I thought this was going to be a boring week, I don't even mind the daily announcement hour (16:00)...

zferolie

Smash Hero
I would have liked Impa, Celica, or Shantae to up the female roster count, but otherwise, this leak is pretty great. (No Bandana Dee, but that just means his chances for being DLC are way better. He's the only one of my top 3 who really had a good shot at being DLC. Isaac and Geno really have better shots at base roster....)
I can still see Shantae and Impa as DLC for sure, especially as Shantae has a lot of things still going for her, and that Daisy art is still just odd

Sparkus

Smash Rookie
Here's the image where the thing came from, where it appears to be designed to fit in a cylindrical display, like you'd probably see hanging above a game store (like GameStop or Game, for the British Adepts). I do like how one side will be devoted exclusively to the game logo while all the fighters will be crammed into the other side.

If this is fake, this is arguably the most elaborate fake possible, considering how another promotional piece for a movie is being made at the same time, and the layout as to how to make a set piece would have to incorporate geometry and "piecing" together components so they are of equal length... not to mention showing how someone can assemble this piece with the "slot" at one end and the "key" at the other on the master image.

View attachment 171526

And, here's a track I'd love to see in Ultimate.

DUDES
ITS
HAPPENING!
ISAAC IS IN!

And yet is to be proven fake, BUT personally, as a Digital Animator (i use a lot of edition softwares) IT COULD BE REALLY HARD to cut every single character, re-draw the missing parts and put them like that, so it's a leaker for a fake image with TONS of work or real...

I think it's real guys.

Now finally, we have,

Made it.

zferolie

Smash Hero
apparently the shadows are wrong. (the actual blocking of light, not the hedgehog)
Its quite hard to tell, but still, only a few shadows seem to be wrong, a lot are right. Its possible due to this being promotional art not finalized they just didn't add yet those last 2 shadows

DjinnandTonic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-5629-0198
The only thing that worries me is that it's an artist doing the leak. Here's my scenario where this is fake:

French Artist working at a printing company, big smash fan. Gets ahold of some art assets (like the empty Background stage). He is an artist after all, so he has the skills necessary to make a fake leak. He wants to drum up some support for say... Geno and Mach Rider? Doesn't matter who. He makes the fake leak and SnapChats it. All the credentials are correct, but the information is still falsified.

And because he didn't leak REAL information about the game, his job isn't on the line. (Or at least, not as assuredly on the line...)

Top Bottom