• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

zferolie

Smash Hero
The only thing that worries me is that it's an artist doing the leak. Here's my scenario where this is fake:

French Artist working at a printing company, big smash fan. Gets ahold of some art assets (like the empty Background stage). He is an artist after all, so he has the skills necessary to make a fake leak. He wants to drum up some support for say... Geno and Mach Rider? Doesn't matter who. He makes the fake leak and SnapChats it. All the credentials are correct, but the information is still falsified.

And because he didn't leak REAL information about the game, his job isn't on the line. (Or at least, not as assuredly on the line...)
Its possible, and kudos for all the work.

But if it is real, it seemed like he tried to hide his name... but failed at it. if this is true he is fired and sued out of wazoo

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Thinking about it, I'm starting believe it's real. There are too many factors to consider and can't disprove. Even the Rayman leak you could tell it was fake from the background animation. That took me ONE HOUR at most. And most leaks we get have zero image proof yet bite their bait. Yet for every image leak that appears we immediately claim fake (Shulk for example).

But like the ESRB leak and the Ken leak, this one has yet to be proven wrong. It has been around for hours now and no-one can prove it is a fake. That is the key here. It's easy to believe it. Harder to prove it wrong.

Many leakers out there refuse to give a solid "who's in" and never reveal their sources out of fear of legal cases. What we have here is a guy who accidentally revealed himself and leaked everyone and then removed all mention of it. A guy who also has the unseen background art and Grinch art. And believe me being a developer myself, we never give that stuff freely unless we have to. It's like looking under a skirt. You just don't.

And being honest, only Banjo is the questionable one here due to it being a new third party. Geno was always a lock thanks to Cloud. Isaac is highly requested. Both Mach Rider and Chorus Kids were planned before (proof via Sakurai). And the other two are easy squeeze in Echoes. Nothing here is too demanding.

It's a crazy roster count but there is nothing here that surprises me. I will stick to my being cautious to prevent disappointment but I will be keeping a keen eye on this leak.

#TeamRealButCautious

Last edited:

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
To be honest I don't think Sakurai and Nintendo are that pissed if this is a true leak. I think they are prepared to this eventuality. I mean they probably knew this was gonna happen once the game will be shared with more external sources. They did a great job keeping information pretty safe until one month before release honestly.

I'm so happy if this is true though, Isaac and the kids being my most wanted :drfacepalm:

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
Holy Flare, this is big.

First, if Mach Rider gets in, he will not have a stage, because his Melee track is on the "other" section of the soundtrack. So if you ask me, replace his stage for a new Mute City because of the naming of the 3DS one.
Second, Sakurai said they would announce all the designs before launch, the way I imagine them revealing some of these guys is showing the artwork of each newcomer and throwing all of their trailers on the website to avoid saturation.

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
The main thing that keeps me skeptical of this leak is how blurry it is. We have seen many fake leaks that tried to use blurry images to hide the elements that expose it as fake. At least the ESRB leak was able to give us clear images (and a mostly clear video). While I can't say this leak is 100% fake or real at the moment, I will keep an eye on it.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
I really hope this leak is real. I want to believe it based on Banjo & Kazooie and Isaac alone. Crossing my fingers...

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman
If this leak is true, for my Smash Bros Ultimate it is one of the best games.
Finally I have Daisy, Chrom and Isaac in a same game. I'm happy. Still, I'll be careful in case this leak is false.

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464

I noticed Isaac has some green color underneath him he appears to be using Growth or Nettle (probably Growth as it doesn't appear to have thorns)

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Holy ****. If this leak is real and this legit is the timeline that we are in right now...I am going to actually cry.

At this point we would have all of my top 4 most wanted newcomers for Ultimate. Plus, some sick echoes, neat characters like Chorus Kids and Mach Riders, and not to mention mother****ing Geno AND Banjo!? That is surreal. The only reason I’m currently skeptical is because it seems too good to be true.

Also no Incineroar. Which, personally I’d be way more than okay with lol. Save Pokémon for a Gen 8 DLC.

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Are there any genuine reasons why this leak would be fake?

I take image leaks a lot more seriously than the dime-a-dozen text leaks we see. And this one has yet to be proven wrong

Yoh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yoh_Zephyr
Same here, Felix would have been cool as an echo, but it doesn't bother me if he's not there.

Who knows perhaps we'll get an echo fighter dlc pack later or something like that.

Last edited:

Pyzlnar

Smash Apprentice
Are there any genuine reasons why this leak would be fake?

I take image leaks a lot more seriously than the dime-a-dozen text leaks we see. And this one has yet to be proven wrong
Because everything can be faked, and you should always take leaks with a grain of salt.

That said, one has to admit this leak has way more things going on for it that every other leak for ultimate.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Honestly though, I really hope this indeed is real. It just feels the perfect way to finish down what makes Smash Ultimate, well, ultimate.

I mean, Isaac felt pretty big-way wishfulness prior, especially with just lingering on all of us in chances in the face of GS's current history so far.

But not only he'd be there according to this, but there's also Banjo-Kazooie and Chorus Kids? I'd be so down on them all.

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Isaac and Banjo sounds too good to be true but this leak has a good amount of credibility. I'm wondering how Verge will respond to this leak.

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
I said it in the Geno thread, and I’ll say it here. This leak would give me 2 more of my top 5 most wanted, I’m hoping it’s real!
First off, awesome pic. And also I would have no complaints with this roster at all, my top 3 would be in and a couple of surprises that are actually pleasant and not Steve. Also would go with my theory that they are saving Pokemon rep or reps for DLC.
If Sakurai was really going off of the ballot I would totally believe Banjo, Geno, and Isaac were top contenders as far as fan support as well as alot of moveset potential. Mach Rider would be the super retro surprise that he likes to throw in, and Chorus Kids were supposedly planned for Smash 4. Shadow and Ken are already highly anticipated...all in all this is probable but I will hold final judgement as soon as I see one of them and see where they pop up on the character poster...if one pops up where this shows them I will freak out.

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Because everything can be faked, and you should always take leaks with a grain of salt.

That said, one has to admit this leak has way more things going on for it that every other leak for ultimate.
Yeh this is what I am thinking right now (Cautious but believing)

As the only reasons right now seem to be "too good to be true", "too blurry" and "inaccurate shadows". All of which can be reasoned

• Sakurai is crazy. He has given us Cloud, Snake and Bayonetta!
  • It's a snapchat photo likely done on a phone
  • Not a final image or changed. We've seen the shadows change before.
I am looking for genuine reasons why not that I can't argue against

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
It's too good to be true
I agree it does feel that way. But if Sakurai was serious about a game for the fans...who would argue with this roster? I am not gonna go either way on this until I see more, so gotta try to control my hype level.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
I'm leaning towards real here, but cautious. If it is truly real, then I would have gotten 4 out of the 5 characters I've wanted!!! Isaac, Simon, Shadow and K. Rool. While Sora is my 5th most wanted, I wanted to see Geno in before Sora and I got just that! YEAH!!!

LuminoZero

Smash Apprentice
I'm on record with doubting every leak, but I've got to say, this one seems legit. The things is, all the real world connections makes me feel it could be real. It came from a worker at a French promotional company, who would absolutely have access to such. It wasn't 'showed off' as a "Look who is in!". He just took a picture of the rolled up poster and didn't realize the internet would go all CSI on it. There's a bunch of other stuff in the picture that supports it as a legitimate poster as a part of his job.

And by this point in time, Nintendo would have to start outsourcing for the promotional material. The more people that know, the greater the chance of a leak. I'm tentitively believing this one.

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I thought I would do a little research on the composers of Rythem Heaven and may have found something (take this with a grain of salt, as it could mean nothing). Asuka Ito is a composer who has worked on several games (Tomodachi Life, Pilotwings Resort 3DS), most noteably though she worked on Rhythem Heaven Fever, Rhythem Heaven Megamix, and arrangements in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U. Asuka Ito has not been featured on the Super Smash Bros Ultimate website nor has she been confirmed to be working on it.

This situation reminds me of the Motoi Sakuraba situation (composer theory). Just thought I would post this little fact (take from it what you will).

Last edited:

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
Hey, I thought I would do a little research on the composers of Rythem Heaven and may have found something (take this with a grain of salt, as it could mean nothing). Asuka Ito is a composer who has worked on several games (Tomodachi Life, Pilotwings Resort 3DS), most noteably though she worked on Rhythem Heaven Fever, Rhythem Heaven Megamix, and arrangements in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U. Asuka Ito has not been featured on the Super Smash Bros Ultimate website nor has she been confirmed to be working on it.

This situation reminds me of the Motoi Sakuraba (composer theory). Just thought I would post this little fact (take from it what you will).
We could also probably assume yoko shimomura would be working on a smrpg remix. She's worked on smash wii u music and has yet to be shown as well

TappyBat

Smash Ace
k besides party what are we gonna do if this actually turns out to be real? fan art? bundles of letters to ninty and sora?

Last edited:

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
Excuse the unaware here but could you explain this one?
We know Sakuraba is working on the game's soundtrack, but he has yet to be featured as one of the composers when they tease the music on Tuesdays. This led people to believe that they're holding him back for a Golden Sun song since he originally composed them. There's no evidence pointing to this being true or untrue, but it's a funny coincidence at least.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Excuse the unaware here but could you explain this one?
Each music track on the Smash Bros website would have one different composer (excluding the main theme). Motoi Sakuraba has yet to be seen and likely has a Golden Sun track ready for Isaac's reveal.

Edit: Dang it! Got beaten to it. This thread is going fast again. Nice!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I really hope this leak is real. I want to believe it based on Banjo & Kazooie and Isaac alone. Crossing my fingers...
The Smash Newcomer poll predicted it, lol.

No, seriously... I like how Isaac's art looks like he could modify parts of his body for an attack, considering there's a rock and grass around him, which is unique to the layout of the fighters as he's the only one manipulating the stage.

TappyBat

Smash Ace
It's just still a weird feeling after Smash 4 lol

Very surreal
"k the promo part is done now what to for next game....hmm?" *sees the whole fanbase in a corner in despair cause of no k.rool, ridley, banjo etc.* " *sigh* ok fine...."

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
I am Team Grinch now.

Looks like everything is lining up. Keep hopes high, expectations moderate yall :).

Top Bottom