• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
I honestly have no idea about Shantae in Japan, but Shovel Knight at least is decently popular, especially on Switch. It's an 8-bit tribute to Mega-Man, which always plays well here, and it also benefitted from a really lovingly done localization effort by 8-4 that added a bunch of Japan exclusive things like turning the gems into old-timey Japanese coins. A lot of English -> Japanese translations, even for big AAA games, are actually surprisingly half-***** and leave a bad impression, so something like Shovel Knight is always appreciated. It's not nearly as big as Undertale though, which was an underground phenomenon even before it was officially translated. Undertale is huuuuge here.
Actually, I heard Shovel Knight (so far) has been a flop in Japan. It has a fanbase, but the game itself didn't sell particularly well.

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
Actually, I heard Shovel Knight (so far) has been a flop in Japan. It has a fanbase, but the game itself didn't sell particularly well.
Yeah it's possible the sales haven't been great, but I think critically at least it was well received among what you would call the "core" audience.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The possible roster is also weird. This comes from /v/, so it isn't the most reliable piece of business. The blurriness is off-putting, and the overall poor presentation hints that it could be disguising art that doesn't quite fit the art of actual fighters.

Im also trying to figure out why theres grass(?) in front of Isaac.
4chan is always a shot in the dark, but legit leaks do pop up from time to time so unfortunately you can't ever dismiss it completely. Euh.

And yeah the grass looks very out of place, but who knows, maybe it's in the same vein as Bowser's fire and the lightni-er, thunder from the electric rats.

I honestly have no idea about Shantae in Japan, but Shovel Knight at least is decently popular, especially on Switch. It's an 8-bit tribute to Mega-Man, which always plays well here, and it also benefitted from a really lovingly done localization effort by 8-4 that added a bunch of Japan exclusive things like turning the gems into old-timey Japanese coins. A lot of English -> Japanese translations, even for big AAA games, are actually surprisingly half-***** and leave a bad impression, so something like Shovel Knight is always appreciated. It's not nearly as big as Undertale though, which was an underground phenomenon even before it was officially translated. Undertale is huuuuge here.
Hah, yeah I think I remember hearing that about Undertale. Can't say I'm surprised.

Overall indies aren't quite the thing over there as they are here, though, yeah? Ofc there are some exceptions though.

EDIT: Blurriness aside, I just think there are way too many unique newcomers. I doubt we'd get Isaac, Banjo, AND Chorus Kids all in one final Direct. And I'm probably missing some just because the blurriness made me give up after a minute. I just feel like at least one of those characters would have been announced earlier as they all require a bit of explanation. If it is correct I'll be over the moon but that means this Direct would be at least an hour long.
Geno and Mach Rider are in there too. Plus Shadow and Ken as echoes, presumably.

Last edited:

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
4chan is always a shot in the dark, but legit leaks do pop up from time to time so unfortunately you can't ever dismiss it completely. Euh.

And yeah the grass looks very out of place, but who knows, maybe it's in the same vein as Bowser's fire and the lightni-er, thunder from the electric rats.
Hopefully people don't jump right on this. We need to give it time to be really examined.

I will say that it has done a few things right, but the biggest issue I have is that the overall presentation is terrible. Incredibly hard to see, and even the people who believe the leak cant even tell whose in it.

So far, it seems like the person in question has ties to a printing company connected to Bandai Namco. However, these images are screenshots from a Snapchat story, which is why they are such low quality.

This still sounds really questionable. If you are going to leak, you're going to do it with something far more permanent then a snapchat story.

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
The blurriness of that pic makes me skeptical of the image. From what I hear though this image did move around some characters from their previous positions on the banner. Has any other fake leak done that?

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
The blurriness of that pic makes me skeptical of the image. From what I hear though this image did move around some characters from their previous positions on the banner. Has any other fake leak done that?
Im not sure. This is supposedly made from multiple screenshots from a snapchat story.

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
A new image "leak" appeared that has Isaac on the front. Im not too familiar with the series, but can anyone identify if that is a brand new Isaac art right next to Little Mac (towards the left of the image)?

I personally feel this may be fake due to the blurriness (and I swear that Banjo & Kazooie, and the Shadow are weird), but I want to see what you guys think. Mii characters are also missing, oddly enough.
The blurriness is definitely off-putting. I've looked up some art to try to compare it, mainly the Isaac and Shadow art since they are the easiest for me to see. Right now I can't find anything matching Isaac and it's definitely not the same fake pic of Isaac made a while back for this poster. Right now I'm gonna say fake with a very small possibility of it being legit.

We are extremely close to launch so it wouldn't surprise me if any random image leak popping up now happened to be real, but this is most likely fake.

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
A new image "leak" appeared that has Isaac on the front. Im not too familiar with the series, but can anyone identify if that is a brand new Isaac art right next to Little Mac (towards the left of the image)?

I personally feel this may be fake due to the blurriness (and I swear that Banjo & Kazooie, and the Shadow are weird), but I want to see what you guys think. Mii characters are also missing, oddly enough.
My friend has a discord server where they discuss about leaks, he said supposedly the leaker is a graphic designer who
worked at Bandai Namco. I asked him about his name and he send me this.
image0-1.jpg

He also send me a mural of what some of the characters could be right here.
image0.jpg

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038

My friend has a discord server where they discuss about leaks, he said supposedly the leaker is a graphic designer who
View attachment 171445

View attachment 171446

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038

View attachment 171445

View attachment 171446

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
Wow, this leak is definitely getting alot of attention because Smashboards is ****ting itself right now...
Indeed, Smashboards is acting strange all of sudden. Certainly strange...

Edit: btw how do I delete a reply?

Last edited:

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528

For what it's worth, this leak has moved all three mii characters to their own spot to the left of K Rool, and with whatever the Chorus Kids seem to be doing, they could be what has been scaring Wario this whole time.

Still, I'm extremely hesitant to accept this leak because it's promising Shadow and Ken as echoes, but then Banjo, Geno, Isaac, Chorus Kids, possibly Mach Rider and Kos-Mos for base, which is way more newcomers than expected at this point.

Also, I'm not sure but have we ever had a picture of this battlefield without any characters on the poster? This tweet has a picture that shows the mural artwork without any characters and I want to check - https://twitter.com/trzef/status/1054995203600326656

Last edited:

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
For what it's worth, this leak has moved all three mii characters to their own spot to the left of K Rool, and with whatever the Chorus Kids seem to be doing, they could be what has been scaring Wario this whole time.

Still, I'm extremely hesitant to accept this leak because it's promising Shadow and Ken as echoes, but then Banjo, Geno, Isaac, Chorus Kids, possibly Mach Rider and Kos-Mos for base, which is way more newcomers than expected at this point.

Also, I'm not sure but have we ever had a picture of this battlefield without any characters on the poster? This tweet has a picture that shows the mural artwork without any characters and I want to check - https://twitter.com/trzef/status/1054995203600326656

Kos-Mos is apparently just clouds made by Luigi.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Like I said in the official speculation thread, this has some really good things going for it such as the rearranged positions of characters and the unique artwork used and has an OK shot for potentially being the ESRB leak of this game but again I'm not going to jump all in on team real. We've had really well done fake leaks in the past and I won't be surprised if this could be one of those. But again if it is real and we get Isaac, Banjo, Geno in addition to Ridley, Simon and K.Rool that will be the definition of fanservice to me

Last edited:

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
Honestly this would be the hypest roster imaginable. I don't want to let myself believe it's real because it seems too good to be true, but all the circumstancial info is there.

If nothing else, this is the most exciting thing that's happened in weeks. Beats the hell out of discussing Verge and box theory for the billionth time.

Mehdow

Smash Journeyman
Shadow looks like an old render just placed there because yes.... I call it fake, mostly because THAT Banjo & Kazooie, holy crap look at that nose.

But I would be totallly OK with that roster, with Isaac and B&K. I'm only missing Skull Kid but aside of that it will make a LOT of people happy (geno, shadow...)

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
Yeah, IF this is real I would be largely satisfied with what we got since Isaac and Geno were some of my most wanted and there are no additions that I dislike or have any kind of issue with.

No Dixie would be a shame, but I'm happy that DK got a new rep with K Rool atleast. I kinda wanted Impa too, but that had more to do with wanting another rep for Zelda outside of the triforce trio, but I could ultimately live with her not being in the game. Only real downer would be no Elma, but oh well, maybe DLC?

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
One of the best parts would be no new Pokemon. That franchise doesn't need it, and also all those Verge cultists would be eating a lot of crow.

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
In my eyes, this is kind of a perfect roster if it turns out to be true. Rhythm Heaven and Golden Sun get representation, Geno and Banjo are added, Shadow and Ken get some spotlight and hell, Mach Rider joins in on the fun as well.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Alot of people are talking about how the amount of newcomers are making them doubt it, or certain newcomers (the Chorus Men), but eh, I don't know if I really take issue with that. For me what's making it hard to fully embrace this leak is the blurriness. As good as it looks in the image, the blurriness could be covering mistakes or whatnot.

Give me a clearer, nicely sized image to look at then by all means, I'll be all aboard the hype train. Right now I'm kinda just chilling on the steps to the hype train.

Last edited:

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
I’m not gonna jump on the “It’s REAL” bandwagon yet. I’ll give it a few hours and see if anyone comes out claiming to have created it.

If this turns out to be real...man, this beats Brawl for me as the best group of newcomers added to Smash!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'm hesitant, but I'm leaning on real for a number of reasons. The big one for me is moving the characters around. That's not something you can "just do" without the original renders. And the mistake of leaving his name present in the images, which then confirmed the guy works at a graphics design studio that has connections to Bandai Namco.

The amount of newcomers is off-putting to me, and is my biggest hesitation, but for now I'm Team Real on this one.

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
I'm hesitant, but I'm leaning on real for a number of reasons. The big one for me is moving the characters around. That's not something you can "just do" without the original renders. And the mistake of leaving his name present in the images, which then confirmed the guy works at a graphics design studio that has connections to Bandai Namco.

The amount of newcomers is off-putting to me, and is my biggest hesitation, but for now I'm Team Real on this one.
The newcomers seem like too much to me as well but on the general discussion thread someone pointed out that if this is real then we now need a Geno stage, Isaac stage, Banjo stage, Chorus Kids stage and Mach Rider stage which would give us 108 stages. If this is fake then the creator went above and beyond to not just move characters around but also fit the assumed 108 stages as well.

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
I'm kinda hesitant too, although it looks pretty legitimate. I'm kinda bummed that Ninten or Saki isn't here, but as long as Isaac is in the game; I'm perfectly satisfied (Maybe DLC). So unless it gets debunked real quick, I'll lean towards to real for now.

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
Can you imagine though if Banjo, Isaac and Geno all make it in? The Top 3 from the Reddit Poll this year all turn out to be newcomers. What are the chances?

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Give me a less blurry picture or a video and I’ll be inclined to believe it. But a single blurry picture, despite a little more effort overall doesn’t sell me on this leak. Mostly because it’s in the way too good to be true line of thinking.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace

Mii characters are there between King K. Rool and Bayonetta and Mewtwo!

Mehdow

Smash Journeyman
YO GUYS DID YOU SEE THE COLOSSAL FRENCH LEAK WE GOT ????

THIS **** LOOKS SO FCKING LEGIT I'M GOING TO CRY OF JOY T^T
You mean this one ?
I'll take a look in a break but looks interesting...

Give me a less blurry picture or a video and I’ll be inclined to believe it. But a single blurry picture, despite a little more effort overall doesn’t sell me on this leak. Mostly because it’s in the way too good to be true line of thinking.
It's weird (this is going to be my catchphrase at the end..) that having some non-blurry artwork like the top-left one we are still getting a blurry image of the most interersting leak in this game until now... it's indeed strange, o maybe he's just trying to make everyone talk about it for some time due the quality of the image, "it's real? it's not?"...

If it's clear as water nothing else will be discussed as it's "confirmed and bullet-proof"....

Last edited:

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
According to the background of this leak. The person who took the pic did it through Snapchat which is why the pic is cropped together, of course with that being the case the blurriness depend on the type of phone the person has so this will be the best quality we get until something official drops. But, if they could somehow upload that video clip then maybe we could get clearer images.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
The reason why its blurry is because the image is actually sitting on a desk. People cropped the image and blew it up it order to get the large blurry one we have now.

There's also another image that has a full render of Battlefield with nobody on it. Which has never been seen before.

That link contains the blank Battlefield, along with several other details. In one of the photos available there's also a background screenshot of the office where there's a Grinch banner sitting around.

Yes, that. Everyone's posting **** as I'm typing it out lol.

I'm completely convinced that its real, and this is our new ESRB leak.

PurpleStuff5

Smash Cadet
Do you guys think that the weird green streak beneath Isaac could be him using a growth spell? That would make the most sense given that he's a venus adept.

Mehdow

Smash Journeyman
Part of me wants to think it's real but.... it's really weird that almost every new character are from old games.... Golden Sun, Banjo, Geno, Match Rider (I think this is just the "retro" surprise Sakurai alway shows)... They did pretty high in the ballot but I don't know...

Top Bottom