• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Isaac is way more likely then Geno in my opinion, both are requested, but first party vs third party character that won't make Square any money or pub like cloud.

I could only see Geno happened as DLC since: Roy price Can 3.99, Cloud price, 5.99 Can.

Edit : Only remember it was 2$ difference or something like that.

Would love to be wrong.

Also we got 5 characters in August, 6 in 6 weeks so far. How could there be only 2 characters left for 2 months and 3 weeks?
tbf if SNES games are revealed (since the snes controller icon was part of the classic controllers leaked) and mario rpg gets to be one of the playable games, Geno in smash would very well make good marketing for the game once more. But yeah I agree Isaac has more going for him as a 1st party more than anything.

I think box theory is just placeholder. Sakurai has said time and again he's careful about what he posts. I sincerely doubt he's let something like this through if it were true. Plus there's evidence that the box itself was heavily digitally edited. I believe it's place holder and there's still room on there for our Golden boy.
Yep it's just a place holder, it's nothing to be afraid of, guys. It's just like you just said, Sakurai not saying how many are we gonna get isn't just gonna get thrown away by a placeholder picture of a box, lol. People are even assuming how many sides of the box will show characters as if they had evidence of it being real or whatever, it's just dumb… There's nothing to be afraid about that box at all. I would be scared only if it was november now, but it isn't, lol.

Last edited:

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
Box art is definitely placeholder. We're also only seeing two sides. Don't worry bout it.

Confirmation

Smash Ace
The odds of us not getting more than 2 characters, which would likely be a Pokemon and the typical fluke choice, is absurd, especially when we have a little under three full months to release.

With Smash revealed for real at E3, that means we get 2 characters in the last 33% of the time before release? NO WAY.

Sakurai always ramps up reveals near the end. I don't expect this to be any different.

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
The box is a placeholder for the time being.

Nintendo isn't gonna confirm how many characters are left on a SIDE OF A BOX.

QcSlayer

Smash Journeyman
It's just that I would be surprise if Square doesn't try to push another characters instead, like one from a series that is still running curently. Smash fan aren't neccesary Squares fan, so they don't lose a lot by pusshing another character, but I get your point.

Since Big N and Square have a good relation lately, they could remade SMRPG.

Edit messed up my quote.

Last edited:

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
Isaac is way more likely then Geno in my opinion, both are requested, but first party vs third party character that won't make Square any money or pub like cloud.

I could only see Geno happening as DLC since: Roy price Can 3.99, Cloud price, 5.99 Can.

Edit : Only remember it was 2$ difference or something like that.

Would love to be wrong.

Also we got 5 characters in August, 6 in 6 weeks so far. How could there be only 2 characters left for 2 months and 3 weeks?
The price difference most likely came from Cloud's status as a third party. We don't have specific's on DLC fighter contracts, but it's easy to infer that 4 bucks brings a profit. But the 2 dollar hike could be a result of royalties on each sale out to Square Enix per sale on Cloud's case. 2 dollars pays the royalty. 4 dollars is the profit on the creation of the character.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I'm already trying to imagine how his reveal trailer could possibly go…
If we went with Sakurai's teased picture, we could see those three characters fighting rathalos, getting one by one beaten or just all of them struggling to the last moment and then you start to see the Djinns appearing one after another casting their own elemental attacks or defensive moves to protect the team, then you see isaac's boot step next to one of the characters on the ground and this character stares at it and looks up and Isaac uses Cure on them, he then looks towards rathalos and the camera zooms to isaac as he swings his sword making his battle stance and GS battle theme starts playing and we see gameplay of him.
and then we get back to him fighting rathalos with the rest of the team. If you want to, we can imagine Felix also appearing here, just like Ritcher did for Simon. I don't know if we would hear his game's fight theme but I honestly just want to listen to Saturos battle theme next, lol.

Arsenal234

Smash Apprentice
The odds of us not getting more than 2 characters, which would likely be a Pokemon and the typical fluke choice, is absurd, especially when we have a little under three full months to release.

With Smash revealed for real at E3, that means we get 2 characters in the last 33% of the time before release? NO WAY.

Sakurai always ramps up reveals near the end. I don't expect this to be any different.
I know what you mean. We got 5 characters last month, but keep in mind we got literally nothing in July. I honestly expect nothing in October and a final smash direct in November with maybe 1 final character in early December. If they reveal characters like that we could get the last two characters (if there are only two left) in the smash direct with a montage of the last echo fighters.

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
I take a Rogerian approach when it comes to character support: unconditional positivity and optimism. We are essentially marketers for a product, and you can't sell a product with "give up now"

tyrus+

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-6650-4457-4607
It's just that I would be surprise if Square doesn't try to push another characters instead, like one from a series that is still running curently. Smash fan aren't neccesary Squares fan, so they don't lose a lot by pusshingvanother character, but I get your point.

Since Big N and Square have a good relation lately, they vould remade SMRPG.

Edit messed up my quote.
I thought it was known that Square Enix doesn't really push for more relevant characters. Nomura was even surprised when Sakurai chose Cloud in an interview, but that doesn't really matter I guess, and if Square did push Sakurai for it, they would be the first company to do so.
You guys gotta stop worrying about this box theory though, it's just a placeholder. Don't let it bring down your morale and talk about DLC chances or whatever, and I'm sure Sakurai wouldn't kill the hype by only revealing 3 newcomers near the end. As a Geno fan, I'm sure Geno and Isaac can both get in, so don't lose faith now.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Ok, so my hype levels have jumped up again! Holy s***!!! So, I know it probably means nothing (and more than likely brought up earlier), but this guy I've been following, SonicToast, brought up a very interesting theory to the games that got trademarks renewed. Golden Sun, Rhythm Heaven AND Wrecking Crew (Mario Sluggers is there too, I know). Now I found it REALLY strange that Wrecking Crew got a trademark renewal at the same time GS & RH did. Until SonicToast pointed out that these 3 games could very well be having their own characters. And what does Sakurai like doing in each Smash game since Melee? Include a very old NES character that was important to Nintendo history. Ice Climbers, ROB and Duck Hunt. Who would be next? Wrecking Crew's Foreman Spike! One of Mario's earlier rivals. And if you don't believe it, then let me point out that not only does a Wrecking Crew stage exist, it has a F***ING symbol like a fighter would have! If this theory is correct, then this holds well for GS & RH fans a lot!

https://youtu.be/JypsZRMu3dE
Here's the link to the video!

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
Sorry got the two directs confused I was talking about the 8/8/18 direct.
Oh okay, I see what you are talking about. Even so, keep in mind this is all prior to :ultkrool: and Isabelle being revealed. Also he says "we'll have a few more to announce to announce later." I would say few < ten.

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
I know what you mean. We got 5 characters last month, but keep in mind we got literally nothing in July. I honestly expect nothing in October and a final smash direct in November with maybe 1 final character in early December. If they reveal characters like that we could get the last two characters (if there are only two left) in the smash direct with a montage of the last echo fighters.
I also expect October to be dry like July. I don't think we'll get a Robin/Lucina trailer like last time. I personally think we have 2 newcomers and 2 echoes left.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
We honestly can't make an accurate guess to *how many are* (edit) gonna be revealed. Because you really can't place a pattern over anything that Sakurai does. But I'll say certainly more than 2. (Though, if I'm wrong, I guess that's more time to have This lovely picture.

In the Discord, there is a theory going on, but I wanna wait on specific details before I lay my faith in it.

Last edited:

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
I am expecting maybe 1 reveal next month if we do get something, I could see them dropping something like the Robin/Lucina one. Probably a villain if the pattern still holds true and it would be great for Halloween season (since Japan also loves Halloween) though it is hard to know, I don't recall us getting something on October before

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
Ok, so my hype levels have jumped up again! Holy s***!!! So, I know it probably means nothing (and more than likely brought up earlier), but this guy I've been following, SonicToast, brought up a very interesting theory to the games that got trademarks renewed. Golden Sun, Rhythm Heaven AND Wrecking Crew (Mario Sluggers is there too, I know). Now I found it REALLY strange that Wrecking Crew got a trademark renewal at the same time GS & RH did. Until SonicToast pointed out that these 3 games could very well be having their own characters. And what does Sakurai like doing in each Smash game since Melee? Include a very old NES character that was important to Nintendo history. Ice Climbers, ROB and Duck Hunt. Who would be next? Wrecking Crew's Foreman Spike! One of Mario's earlier rivals. And if you don't believe it, then let me point out that not only does a Wrecking Crew stage exist, it has a F***ING symbol like a fighter would have! If this theory is correct, then this holds well for GS & RH fans a lot!

Keep in mind all stages have a symbol (examples: Pilotwings, Balloon Fight, Nintendogs(Living Room)). Just saying.

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
I thought it was known that Square Enix doesn't really push for more relevant characters. Nomura was even surprised when Sakurai chose Cloud in an interview, but that doesn't really matter I guess, and if Square did push Sakurai for it, they would be the first company to do so.
You guys gotta stop worrying about this box theory though, it's just a placeholder. Don't let it bring down your morale and talk about DLC chances or whatever, and I'm sure Sakurai wouldn't kill the hype by only revealing 3 newcomers near the end. As a Geno fan, I'm sure Geno and Isaac can both get in, so don't lose faith now.
Geno and Isaac fans gotta stick together! Thanks for dropping positive vibes here

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
I am expecting maybe 1 reveal next month if we do get something, I could see them dropping something like the Robin/Lucina one. Probably a villain if the pattern still holds true and it would be great for Halloween season (since Japan also loves Halloween) though it is hard to know, I don't recall us getting something on October before
Perfect for a Skull Kid reveal I'd say

Zalaresh

Smash Apprentice
The price difference most likely came from Cloud's status as a third party. We don't have specific's on DLC fighter contracts, but it's easy to infer that 4 bucks brings a profit. But the 2 dollar hike could be a result of royalties on each sale out to Square Enix per sale on Cloud's case. 2 dollars pays the royalty. 4 dollars is the profit on the creation of the character.
Have we had any 3rd party echos other than Richter yet?

It's quite possible that they are saving third party echos for DLC to make those companies some extra on the side. So sorry ahead of time Shadow and Ken fans. I hope I'm wrong about that. Both have a much greater chance than other 3rd party echos, but maybe they may not be in the base game. We shall see. Richter was probably a special case considering Castlevanias history with Nintendo.

Like I said before I hope I am completely wrong.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
You guys need to knock it off with thinking a box revealed 3 months before launch would leak the amount of newcomers left. I never thought I’d hear a theory crazier than no more stages.

There’s a higher likelihood that we have 10 unique newcomers left to reveal than 2, for Christ’s sake.

This will be Isaac to us if he gets announced.

View attachment 164378
Since I’m truly, irredeemably an asshole, the first thought that came to me when I saw this was ‘but Big Boss doesn’t wear a bandanna in Ground Zeroes’. Then I laughed, both at the pic and at myself. Good meme.

Hell will freeze over before Foreman Spike comes to Smash.

Confirmation

Smash Ace
I'm gonna steer discussion away from serious stuff for a bit.

Does anyone else think Dullahan looks like Black Knight minus a head?

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I posted this just now in the General Speculation thread but I want to post it here as well.
I am incredibly satisfied with this roster. 100% if it is done right now and all we really get is Inceneroar and Ken then fine. I'd be ecstatic for both of them but I just want one more thing from this game. That's all, one more. I just want Isaac as DLC. As much as I love the roster there has been fans of this character that has fought tooth and nail for this character since 2001 and I feel like they, we, deserve him as much as any other character that could be in as DLC. One last thing. And this game is perfect.

And if we could get Geno as well that'd be great, thanx.
Seriously, this game is so famn near perfect. It seems like there's only one thing I could possibly want from this game and that's Isaac. If we get Isaac as DLC then God damn this will probably be my favorite game of all time. Let's go, Sakurai. Do it.

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
I wonder if they'll continue the pattern of good bad good bad for reveals. (Discounting Echoes)
Inkling Ridley Simon K Rool Isabelle

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Hell will freeze over before Foreman Spike comes to Smash.
I don't know man. We never thought Duck Hunt would be a thing. And Sakurai likes to put in a crazy obscure yet important Nintendo history characters. And with this whole villain theme going on and Wrecking Crew getting a trademark renewal and that Mario has his builder outfit, and that Wrecking Crew stage plus symbol, I think Spike actually has a chance to be our NES classic character. I mean, I loved playing that game many years ago and I still have it (with a working original NES too) to this day. I would be excited to see him appear!

Zalaresh

Smash Apprentice
I wonder if they'll continue the pattern of good bad good bad for reveals. (Discounting Echoes)
Inkling Ridley Simon K Rool Isabelle
Isaac with a Felix echo Saturos with a Garet echo

Can hope right?

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
The box is a placeholder for the time being.

Nintendo isn't gonna confirm how many characters are left on a SIDE OF A BOX.
We honestly can't make an accurate guess to *how many are* (edit) gonna be revealed. Because you really can't place a pattern over anything that Sakurai does. But I'll say certainly more than 2. (Though, if I'm wrong, I guess that's more time to have This lovely picture.

In the Discord, there is a theory going on, but I wanna wait on specific details before I lay my faith in it.
Absolutely agree with all of this.

?!?!?!

Smash Ace

Not to be a party pooper but other stages like balloon fighter and the Nintendogs one have their own logo as well

Lonodel

Smash Journeyman
on the bright side the box looks like it guarantees at least 2 new people so we know that someone still hasn't shown up :)

Muirkat

Smash Apprentice
I posted this just now in the General Speculation thread but I want to post it here as well.

Seriously, this game is so famn near perfect. It seems like there's only one thing I could possibly want from this game and that's Isaac. If we get Isaac as DLC then God damn this will probably be my favorite game of all time. Let's go, Sakurai. Do it.

QcSlayer

Smash Journeyman
So once Isaac and 50 cents are in, what should we do, push for more GS content, Support the last of the five king from brawl era as a super coalition. (King K Rool, Ridley, Geno Isaac and 50 CENTS) or just go our separate way? :happysheep:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
And those didn't stop people from supporting them, and neither should you if you really want Isaac. The Ridley fanbase got it really bad, not just from Sakurai saying he wasn't ever happening, but people viciously mocking them, yet they still showed support. There's no expiration date on when a character gets into Smash. They'll keep making Smash so long as it continues to make money. If Isaac isn't in as Ultimate dlc, then just support him for Smash 6, if not in base, then dlc again and so on. It's really not that hard to express support. Even something as simple as a post or vote is enough to show you support. All that can be done at any given moment of your day. It's not like you have to donate a limb just to get Isaac in.
He also kept giving Ridley special attention. Seriously no other character was talked about as much by Sakurai as Ridley. Isaac has nothing at the moment. And if he gets nothing again I've got no more fight. Sure if there is another ballot I'll vote for him but I'm not participating in fan polls or trying to convince people that Isaac is a worthwhile choice after we know the roster because there just isn't a point. Sakurai just isn't taking notice and it's too much. But that's then and this is now so I'm good until we know the last character.

Last edited:

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma

Agreed. It feels like the old guard of Smash speculation have been getting their due this go around, with Isaac and Geno arguably being the biggest two left. Maybe the game isnt "perfect" yet, but we're in a world with every veteran fighter plus Ridley, K. Rool, and quite a few more all in one game! Sakurai's practically spoiling us with Ultimate and I love it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom