• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
You have it backwards him not even getting an AT is a complete death sentence. We fought as hard as we could and for nothing in return. Or votes weren't enough, our voices weren't loud enough. We lose. Andy even worse we have recent heavy hitters like Springman and Rex to contend with for DLC. You want to waste your time fighting for Isaac as DLC be my guest but as of now there is 0 reason to believe we stand any chance in that arena.
I just don't think we should make negative assumptions so soon. Having a defeatist attitude before we even know the story for post-launch (it may not exclusively be third parties+promotional again when the ballot is clear about what the Smash fans want) doesn't do any good for Isaac and Golden Sun. I'm not trying to convince you that Isaac is a shoo-in for DLC, just that the opposite attitude would be jumping the gun. Time constraints with this game could've been a real thing.

I've seen enough evidence, especially in the recent months, to show that Isaac has a big enough fanbase to receive acknowledgement, even if it's just porting over an old AT (which would be easy enough). I couldn't help but think something is up if the base game came and went without anything for GS when the ballot should've shown there's at least a sizable demand for it.

But we've still got just under three months to go until launch. Let's not dwell on DLC too much until we have to cross that bridge.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Golden Sun managed to trend on twitter just from the trademark getting renewed. I've been part of fandoms that organize trends like that by having everyone tweet at the same time, big fandoms that would always get it to trend and I've seen other lesser fandoms try to organize trends and fail, but Golden Sun, this supposed dead and irrelevant series did it naturally. Notable figures in the Smash community I've been following on twitter for years were talking about Golden Sun and I had no idea they were ever interested or knew about the series. Way more people are talking about Isaac and Golden Sun now than ever before. To think that Isaac will have no push as DLC is just being blinded by our own pessimistic echo chamber of this thread. Some fans will always want their character to be playable, there will always be outcry, no matter how helpless a situation seems. They'll always want them.

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Just got CR:A. It has dank af music.
Yeah I love that game’s soundtrack. Not quite as much as Golden Sun, but it holds its own special place in my heart.

Honestly if Ray’s chances weren’t so bleak, I would probably be supporting him on the exact same level as Isaac. Perhaps even more so. It’s always surprised me that Ray has had such a small following compared to Isaac. Among my friend group growing up, Custom Robo was a pretty big name. A lot of my friends played it, and I remember going to my buddy’s house all the time to play CR on the GameCube. And after seeing him as an assist in Brawl, we always thought he would be radical as a playable character. He was one of the few first characters I really wanted back in the day. We loved him. While, Golden Sun was just a weird little GBA game I used to have, with the only people I knew who played it being me and my brother.

Nowadays, Ray’s all but extinct. While Isaac has somehow maintained this incredible popularity despite being from the same generation, and being in an incredibly similar position. I guess it’s just a testament to how beloved the character and series is, and just how devoted the fans are. It’s pretty awesome really. I can honestly say, I probably would not be this big of an Isaac advocate, if it weren’t for people like you all not letting him be forgotten.

Last edited:

Jak_spoon

Smash Journeyman
I recall yesterday mentioning how the human psyche chooses to voluntarily give up than deal with setbacks because giving up makes you feel better in the short term.

I'm not suggesting we put on smiles or any crap like that, but acting like it's the end of all hope just because of a crummy Direct presentation does get on my nerves.
What gets me is that only one character was shown which makes the future look really bleak. I mean if we honestly only got 4 new stages and two more unique fighters it wouldn't even be surprising.

Whats really bumming me out right now is that of what has been shown of the game so far there looks like there was no passion, thought, or creativity put into it. Sure the Inklings look great but everyone and everything else just seems like copy and paste hack jobs. I really want Isaac because of how cool and unique he could be but I don't think that is a priority at all for characters being selected in this game. I have played every Smash thus far and really I'm not looking forward to grinding for hours again with the same characters on the same crap. I think they messed up bad. at this point we should know more about the game. but maybe its like their online service and we already know everything because really they don't have squat.

Sorry I needed to vent

Arsenal234

Smash Apprentice
I'm supporting Isaac hard core and did so during the ballot, Smash 4, and Brawl. The base roster for Ultimate is literally the best chance he has ever had and if he doesn't make it I'm done. Seriously if his ballot performance wasn't notable enough for base there's no shot for DLC. We luckily have a great shot for base but otherwise there's no hope.
Why give up if he isn't in the base roster? With the ballot Isaac still has a great chance as DLC. Realistically for all of the top ballot characters to get into the game at release they would have to release the game late next year maybe even longer. The ballot literally gives Nintendo a laundry list of characters that people would want. Even after the game is released they know which characters to put in the game to make more money. Base roster is ideal but some characters have to be DLC.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
What gets me is that only one character was shown which makes the future look really bleak. I mean if we honestly only got 4 new stages and two more unique fighters it wouldn't even be surprising.

Whats really bumming me out right now is that of what has been shown of the game so far there looks like there was no passion, thought, or creativity put into it. Sure the Inklings look great but everyone and everything else just seems like copy and paste hack jobs. I really want Isaac because of how cool and unique he could be but I don't think that is a priority at all for characters being selected in this game. I have played every Smash thus far and really I'm not looking forward to grinding for hours again with the same characters on the same crap. I think they messed up bad. at this point we should know more about the game. but maybe its like their online service and we already know everything because really they don't have squat.

Sorry I needed to vent
Where are you getting this idea that there's no passion, thought, or creativity put into it? From what line of thinking does this come from? It makes absolutely no sense from any standpoint. Every newcomer has been incredible so far. They're not "gimmicky" but how is that possibly a bad thing? I don't understand the logic behind this at all.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion

Sorry I needed to vent
"Everyone else looks like copy and paste hack jobs."

I know it's just an opinion, but.-

IMG_3051.JPG

Yeah I love that game’s soundtrack. Not quite as much as Golden Sun, but it holds its own special place in my heart.

Honestly if Ray’s chances weren’t so bleak, I would probably be supporting him on the exact same level as Isaac. Perhaps even more so. It’s always surprised me that Ray has had such a small following compared to Isaac. Among my friend group growing up, Custom Robo was a pretty big name. A lot of my friends played it, and I remember going to my buddy’s house all the time to play CR on the GameCube. And after seeing him as an assist in Brawl, we always thought he would be radical as a playable character. He was one of the few first characters I really wanted back in the day. We loved him. While, Golden Sun was just a weird little GBA game I used to have, with the only people I knew who played it being me and my brother.

Nowadays, Ray’s all but extinct. While Isaac has somehow maintained this incredible popularity despite being from the same generation, and being in an incredibly similar position. I guess it’s just a testemant to how beloved the character and series is, and just how devoted the fans are. It’s pretty awesome really. I can honestly say, I probably would not be this big of an Isaac advocate, if it weren’t for people like you all not letting him be forgotten.
Huh. I've always heard of golden Sun much more than CR. Hell, I didn't even know it existed before stumbling on it's music when browsing through the internet.
I'm glad people are still supportive of Isaac to this day, even if his series is in hybernation.

Last edited:

Arcadenblog

Smash Apprentice
Question for all of you. If Isaac doesn't make the basic roster, do you think he could still get in as DLC? I say this because of the "no more stages" theory, and so far it's holding up.

I'm just curious if Isaac would be too niche to sell on his own. (Same goes for Banjo-Kazooie.) This is most likely the reason we got so many third party DLC characters.

Zalaresh

Smash Apprentice
I mean some of these characters development times might take more time than we realize. I dabbled a bit in game design and just making simple walking and idle animation can take considerable time even with mocap and other programs assisting. Characters like Isaac who have to have magical animations with each of his attacks and not to mention Djinn, Summons, and potential magic changes are going to take heck more time to design than a character like say somebody like ryu, or captain falcon. I could not even imagine the amount of time that was taken to design Bayo with all of her animation poses and obscure angling of attack plus her magic. Somebody like Isaac who has had only one 3D render and a crap ton of abilities would take a considerable time just for a basic design let alone something more complicated. This is why I hold strongly to the belief that the Wii U version was a trial run to appease the fans. While behind the scenes Sakarai and his team had been planning this since post Ballot. Isaac not getting in as an assist trophy tells me that they were potentially working on him before Wii U's Release. I'm just spitballing, but I'll hold on to that belief until proven otherwise.

Possitive attitudes people:seuss:

Another thing to consider is what must be going on in Sakarai san and his teams mind designing this character. Hes only had one 3D design of Isaac they've made. Could you imagine the kind of pressure trying to appease us and our views of how Isaac should look and act. I do not envy the guy in this regard.

Last edited:

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Huh. I've always heard of golden Sun much more than CR. Hell, I didn't even know it existed before stumbling on it's music when browsing through the internet.
I'm glad people are still supportive of Isaac to this day, even if his series is in hybernation.
Yeah I imagine it was just my circle of friends growing up. I didn’t know anyone who played Golden Sun though.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Yeah I imagine it was just my circle of friends growing up. I didn’t know anyone who played Golden Sun though.
The GBA was incredibly popular where I live.

Golden Sun was one of those games my friends talked about playing. But I never played it due to it never being on sale at my local game shop.

But hey, perhaps our counties are much different with what's popular.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
I just don't think we should make negative assumptions so soon. Having a defeatist attitude before we even know the story for post-launch (it may not exclusively be third parties+promotional again when the ballot is clear about what the Smash fans want) doesn't do any good for Isaac and Golden Sun. I'm not trying to convince you that Isaac is a shoo-in for DLC, just that the opposite attitude would be jumping the gun. Time constraints with this game could've been a real thing.

I've seen enough evidence, especially in the recent months, to show that Isaac has a big enough fanbase to receive acknowledgement, even if it's just porting over an old AT (which would be easy enough). I couldn't help but think something is up if the base game came and went without anything for GS when the ballot should've shown there's at least a sizable demand for it.

But we've still got just under three months to go until launch. Let's not dwell on DLC too much until we have to cross that bridge.
If we had so much support and it wasn't enough for it to matter for the base game why would it matter for DLC? It may be defeatist but if Isaac gets nothing again well I will be pretty defeated so that seems right to me. But you're right we still don't know the full roster and Isaac's chances are still good for that so that's what we should focus on.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
latest.gif

I'm gonna step up and say this once and for all (I might need to do it in other threads too, but this one needs it immediately)…
If you guys (the ones that i'm refering to, not everyone) want to take the "I give up" position "to not be dissapointed", then just leave the support thread. Giving up is NOT supporting. STOP spreading negative and pessimism mood on SUPPORT threads, it's like spreading disbelief and pessimism in a "fight against cancer" campaign, you simply don't do that and stay home if you're not gonna help in a positive way. Leave if you're not gonna support. People who are supporting and staying here are holding on to the things that are actually going for the character we are supporting, regardless of everyone else's pessimism over, honestly, fake reasons.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Nothing has changed in regards to Isaac's chances, or anyone else's for that matter. Isabelle's reveal just means there was one more character competing to get in that we didn't account for, that's all. Without knowing the kind of resources Sakurai is working with, we can't say with certainty how many Newcomers are left to be revealed, but I guarantee that Isaac is just as big a contender with the others as he was last week. I don't see the Geno thread falling apart and grasping at DLC over one good pupper.

Oh, and if nothing else came from Isabelle, I have to say that I honestly believe 103 is a load of crock now. Her inclusion further supports Vergeben's info, and he said we're getting Minecraft content. I can't imagine a better way to include that game than with a stage.

Last edited:

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Question for all of you. If Isaac doesn't make the basic roster, do you think he could still get in as DLC? I say this because of the "no more stages" theory, and so far it's holding up.

I'm just curious if Isaac would be too niche to sell on his own. (Same goes for Banjo-Kazooie.) This is most likely the reason we got so many third party DLC characters.
Corrin was DLC and his game was only released in Japan at the same. People don't have to know a character to want to buy them. Sometimes all it takes is a good looking anime swordsman simply loving their design, liking how they play, or being a completionist who just buys every character even if they hardly use them. The Golden Sun series also sold quite well across it's three games, and Isaac was an assist trophy in Brawl, he's not a complete unknown entity to the Smash community.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
On the bright side of him not being included at all, it means that he's pretty likely for DLC. Alongside Geno and all the other popular characters he's got a damn good chance at being one of if not the first DLC character. I'm really really excited for that possibility. Yeah, maybe we dont get him in base game but I think Sakurai sees the support, the want, for Isaac and if he wasn't able to squeeze him in as base then I think he's already planned as DLC. I still think this is the game guys. Whether he's base or DLC doesn't matter to me, I think this is the game though.

Last edited:

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
Don't attend a funeral for a soldier that you think is dead. He could very well be alive, just wait.

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
Considering Isabelle was the latest reveal, we can assume that we will be getting new Animal Crossing music sample on Wednesday. I also want to remind everyone that this Super Smash Bros. is rated E10+ (that is not a complaint, I am just fine with the rating because I sometimes play this game in front of family). Considering nearly every Smash reveal trailer is ominous or features death, it is worth reminding the general public that this is a game that is "family friendly" instead of the usual "oh Ridley just impaled Mega man and killed Mario". IMO, Isabelle's reveal was just fine and fit the direct well. If you expected every new character to be some kind of murderer or bad*** you need to remember that this is Super Smash Bros. not Mortal Kombat. (Sorry for the rant)
I don't want to get anyone's hope too high but, I could see one more character reveal at an event/solo reveal before a Smash direct in November. As many have pointed out there is a significant amount of time before release.

Last edited:

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
If we had so much support and it wasn't enough for it to matter for the base game why would it matter for DLC? It may be defeatist but if Isaac gets nothing again well I will be pretty defeated so that seems right to me. But you're right we still don't know the full roster and Isaac's chances are still good for that so that's what we should focus on.
Isaac had much stiffer competition back in the ballot days. Not only did he have to compete for attention with other big fanbases for newcomers, he also had to compete for attention with the veteran fanbases as well. Times are way different now. Isaac is one of the front runners going into dlc season if he's not in the base roster.

Zalaresh

Smash Apprentice
Corrin was DLC and his game was only released in Japan at the same. People don't have to know a character to want to buy them. Sometimes all it takes is a good looking anime swordsman simply loving their design, liking how they play, or being a completionist who just buys every character even if they hardly use them. The Golden Sun series also sold quite well across it's three games, and Isaac was an assist trophy in Brawl, he's not a complete unknown entity to the Smash community.
Adding to this, there is a lot of really young kids that seem to like him. I'll run across a random channel on YT and hear this kid say "I have know idea who this ****guy is, but he looks cool I hope he gets in.". So his appearance alone is a booster. Once somebody finds out what he's actually capable of they suddenly are like. "Wow this character sounds like he'd be cool to play as."

So in all honesty DLC would not be terrible and I think people would buy him even if they are not fans especially the pro's who will want to have all the characters in their roster available to play test. I just hope that Nintendo realizes that because of how long this character has been asked for I'd hope they would give it too us for free.

I really don't think this will be the case however. So were good guys were good.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Isaac and the Golden Sun series has never been this talked about and hyped up by the community to this extent in a long while. More people are talking about the possibility of a new Golden Sun game than ever. The last thing we should ever do is kill the momentum that he's been getting so Nintendo can hear our cause. If he eventually get a new Golden Sun game it'd finally stop people calling Golden Sun a 'dead series'. We need to continue pushing for a Golden Sun rep in every circumstance possible and only stop when we actually finally have a Golden Sun rep in Smash

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Isaac had much stiffer competition back in the ballot days. Not only did he have to compete for attention with other big fanbases for newcomers, he also had to compete for attention with the veteran fanbases as well. Times are way different now. Isaac is one of the front runners going into dlc season if he's not in the base roster.
That's what we also said about Smash 4. It's easy make justifications but there's no better time for him than now. If he's not on base there's no hope. If you wish to keep fighting for him during DLC cool but I'm not wasting my time.

Last edited:

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
That's what we also said about Smash 4. It's easy make justifications but there's no better time for him than now. If he's not on base there's no hope. If you wish to keep fighting for him during DLC cool but I'm not wasting my time.
I might not have been part of the movement for Isaac back in Smash 4, but guys like K. Rool, Ice Climbers and Snake were much more talked about for dlc than Isaac was. For pity sake, this is the biggest newcomer thread at the moment. That was not the case before. There's even the fact that Golden Sun was trending when the TM's were renewed.

Last edited:

QcSlayer

Smash Journeyman

Thoughts on this? I did the math, assuming the character portraits are mirrored on each side, there should be 72 slots as there's 36 per side. Counting the characters from the fighters page on the website (By portrait, not number), we've got exactly 70. Which would theoretically mean two open slots on the box for newcomers...
Guys on that side of the box we have the 4 unlockable characters from Smash 64, but no sign of the 8 originals!

It may be because they are prominent on the box art and on the switch dock.

We could still get 10 characters!

Hype train sailing on the horizon!

Added that in a hurry, don't know if you guys talked about it, but there is really low chance to not have any of the 8 on that side.

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
I might not have been part of the movement for Isaac back in Smash 4, but guys like K. Rool, Ice Climbers and Snake were much more talked about for dlc than Isaac was. For pity sake, this is the biggest newcomer thread at the moment. That was not the case before. There's even the fact that Golden Sun was trending when the TM's were renewed.
Then let me tell you what Smash 4 was like. Back during the ballot days we were all full of hope because we had no idea Sakurai wasn't going to add any Nintendo newcomers (Corrin only happened due to executive meddling). Due to Isaac not being an AT we all assumed he was saved to be possible DLC so we were all voting for him. His fanbase was huge back then. I do think we've grown bigger just because K Rool's confirmation made him look way more possible but we were still one of the biggest groups out there which is why you see so many fan polls with him on them from back then. So if all that ballot support and popularity, the thing responsible for K Rool, Chrom, Dark Samus, and Ridley according to Sakurai, wasn't enough to get him noticed for the base game I have high doubts it'll lead anywhere for DLC.
Also Snake was seen as impossible due to Konami and ICs were literally impossible due to hardware

Last edited:

Zalaresh

Smash Apprentice
I'm sure you say that now, but if he got in even as DLC you probably still jump right on that. Right....? right...? Keep positive. Alot of people say that theyll give up and sure for just a little while, but then a new smash season comes around and then the hype begins all over again. If that is the case for Isaac he would still eventually become a lost gem and Im sure he would be brought up again in conversation.

I could see the board meeting now.

Random Official
"Hey guys you know that Isaac guy from that golden game whats it?"
Board Memebers
"umm.... what about him?"
RO
"These fans are relentless. I can't get them to go away."
BM
" Ah hell it's been what 15 years since smash 5. They're not gone yet."
RO
"No there still active. Nice chaps though."
BM
"Ah hell let's just get them their damn character. We have new games to work on, Super Mario Brothers 15 and Mario Party 20 are in development and we've got work to do." Turns to the rest of the Board members." Now whats this about an Fzero 9 isn't that also a dead franchise. Why is this even being brought up."
Another Random Board Member
"Well there's an outcry for more fast paced racing games and I thought..."
BM
"And What did you think? we would just rekindle it. No! We got more Mario Karts to come out with."

Last edited:

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
Guys on that side of the box we have the 4 unlockable characters from Smash 64, but no sign of the 8 originals!

It may be because they are prominent on the box art and on the switch dock.

We could still get 10 characters!

Hype train sailing on the horizon!

Added that in a hurry, don't know if you guys talked about it, but there is really low chance to not have any of the 8 on that side.
"I'm kind of hoping you aren't expecting too many new challengers." Masahiro Sakurai 2018.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
While we're talking about popularity, I can't help but think back to that Reddit thread posted earlier. Can we take a moment to appreciate that Isaac is so notable among the community right now that a joke about him is now topping the dedicated Smash Bros. subreddit? I'm honestly surprised that not only is an Isaac post on top, but as of right now, it isn't even particularly close.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I still think Isaac is in, guys. Despite the fact that I am starting to believe the box theory may in fact be real, in that case I think Isaac is the final reveal, and may have even been planned to be shown off before the box got revealed to begin with. I also think that whether the box theory is true or not, Ken is 100% in now, as at the very least it was planned with the idea in mind that an Echo Fighter would be on the other side and Ken is the best pick for that.

TheSpaceKing12

Banned via Warnings
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581

Thoughts on this? I did the math, assuming the character portraits are mirrored on each side, there should be 72 slots as there's 36 per side. Counting the characters from the fighters page on the website (By portrait, not number), we've got exactly 70. Which would theoretically mean two open slots on the box for newcomers...
Personally don't believe this theory. If we believe vergeben and this is correct. We have a Square character (probably Geno) A Pokemon )(probably Incinroar) and Ken left. Wouldn't that exceed the selection on the box? Given that Vergeben's had essentially 100% accuracy, i'm like 99% confident that all of his claims on these new fighters are true.

But perhaps more importantly. Sakurai has been extremely careful when it comes to spoilers. That is to say. There have essentially been next to none. There was the red eyes comment. And the seeming golden sun tease on twitter. Which were both extremely vague teases only very eagle eyed fans would call out. But in terms of pure spoiler stuff that could get called out and spread like wild fire? It's been non-existent. Sakurai even talked about how careful they were to not let statements get out like "Everyone is here" and such. Even though his efforts proved mostly fruitless among the informed smash fans. His attentiveness wouldn't allow for a scenario where smash fans would easily call out how many were left with a single piece of poorly made marketing.

Lastly. This is as I said before. Marketing. This box piece is marketing. Marketing is changed all the time. Carefully crafted to prevent spoilers. As well as preventing theories along these lines that ruin the hype. They gave us that epic "Everyone is here" artwork at E3 only to then immediately make it outdated with Ridley who was hidden from the first image intentionally. Are we really saying they'd leave low hanging fruit along those lines? Now is the box art get's updated in the next day or two with issabelle and that format remains the same. Then sure. We have a theory on our hands. But as of now it's marketing material. And marketing can be easily changed.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
I'm sure you say that now, but if he got in even as DLC you probably still jump right on that. Right....? right...? Keep positive. Alot of people say that theyll give up and sure for just a little while, but then a new smash season comes around and then the hype begins all over again. If that is the case for Isaac he would still eventually become a lost gem and Im sure he would be brought up again in conversation.
Hey man if he gets announced you're darn right I'll jump on that. I love Isaac and his games but seriously right now I see absolutely no hope after the roster is revealed. I would love to be wrong.

Zalaresh

Smash Apprentice
I still think Isaac is in, guys. Despite the fact that I am starting to believe the box theory may in fact be real, in that case I think Isaac is the final reveal, and may have even been planned to be shown off before the box got revealed to begin with. I also think that whether the box theory is true or not, Ken is 100% in now, as at the very least it was planned with the idea in mind that an Echo Fighter would be on the other side and Ken is the best pick for that.
I still think Geno is the final reveal he would be more of an impact as a last reveal personally. I think Isaac will get revealed a little bit before him if they are in, and possibly even sooner because of the tweet.

Last edited:

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Then let me tell you what Smash 4 was like. Back during the ballot days we were all full of hope because we had no idea Sakurai wasn't going to add any Nintendo newcomers (Corrin only happened due to executive meddling). Due to Isaac not being an AT we all assumed he was saved to be possible DLC so we were all voting for him. His fanbase was huge back then. I do think we've grown bigger just because K Rool's confirmation made him look way more possible but we were still one of the biggest groups out there which is why you see so many fan polls with him on them from back then. So if all that ballot support and popularity, the thing responsible for K Rool, Chrom, Dark Samus, and Ridley according to Sakurai, wasn't enough to get him noticed for the base game I have high doubts it'll lead anywhere for DLC.
Also Snake was seen as impossible due to Konami and ICs were literally impossible due to hardware
And those didn't stop people from supporting them, and neither should you if you really want Isaac. The Ridley fanbase got it really bad, not just from Sakurai saying he wasn't ever happening, but people viciously mocking them, yet they still showed support. There's no expiration date on when a character gets into Smash. They'll keep making Smash so long as it continues to make money. If Isaac isn't in as Ultimate dlc, then just support him for Smash 6, if not in base, then dlc again and so on. It's really not that hard to express support. Even something as simple as a post or vote is enough to show you support. All that can be done at any given moment of your day. It's not like you have to donate a limb just to get Isaac in.

Last edited:

Zalaresh

Smash Apprentice
"I'm kind of hoping you aren't expecting too many new challengers." Masahiro Sakurai 2018.
I mean did you see how spread apart his fingers were during the direct that was a subconscious reaction. That wasn't a few he held in that gesture, that was a stack.

(I'm referring to the Aug 8 direct just to clarify.)

Last edited:

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
For those who are losing hope/lost hope let me just say one thing. Support the character you want, even if it is against all odds. Ridley supporters are the best example. In Smash 4/Smash Switch (before E3) Ridley supporters fought against evidence, detracters, and even Masahiro Sakurai's own words that Ridley would not work in Super Smash Bros. They became the biggest support thread on Smashboards in the days of Smash 4 speculation. It is this kind of passion and energy that was noticed and acknowledged by Sakurai to add him in. Even if he has not heard of our support, threads like this can become large enough to put Isaac on the radar in a BIG way. I don't know if it will lead to him being playable in Smash or if it will cause Nintendo/Camelot to give the series (Golden Sun) another shot. What I can say is that the size of this thread is a tool that the Isaac/Golden Sun fanbase can use to voice their desires.

QcSlayer

Smash Journeyman
Isaac is way more likely then Geno in my opinion, both are requested, but first party vs third party character that won't make Square any money or pub like cloud.

I could only see Geno happening as DLC since: Roy price Can 3.99, Cloud price, 5.99 Can.

Edit : Only remember it was 2$ difference or something like that.

Would love to be wrong.

Also we got 5 characters in August, 6 in 6 weeks so far. How could there be only 2 characters left for 2 months and 3 weeks?

Last edited:

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
I think box theory is just placeholder. Sakurai has said time and again he's careful about what he posts. I sincerely doubt he's let something like this through if it were true. Plus there's evidence that the box itself was heavily digitally edited. I believe it's place holder and there's still room on there for our Golden boy.

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
I mean did you see how spread apart his fingers were during the direct that was a subconscious reaction. That wasn't a few he held in that gesture, that was a stack.
Just looked, his hands were underneath/behind the table during that segment.

Top Bottom