• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Metocles

Smash Journeyman
I noticed that a ton of people are replaying the games again and some have trouble with passwords or don't want to grind out endlessly at the end of GS1 for some of the items or levels mostly. Thought I'd drop this useful little program for people:

http://home.earthlink.net/~paul3/goldensun.html

It'll generate a password for GS2 based on whatever you want to bring over and select as far as character levels/stats, items, events. I know a lot of people don't have to time to go through the entire first game and be completely exhaustive with it with work and whatnot. So instead of finding one online to use, you can effectively just make your own with this one and it can be as basic or extensive as you like.

The only thing I'll say is that when you generate one, make sure to uncheck the 3rd event box if you want the Feizhi event to happen to get the golden ring item in the second game. That's the only bug that I know of when you utilize this password system.

Enjoy fellow adepts!

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
Let's speculate about something else... Why did Isaac and Jenna break up?
They didn’t break up. Isaac and Garet went to the Vale/Sol Sanctum area to watch over and study the Psynergy Vortexes and the reaccuring, much more dangerous Mourning Moons. They took Mathew and Tyrell along to train them. Jenna is still at their “proper” home in Kalay where Ivan is.

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
I still believe that even if 50 Cen-- I mean Isaac is revealed as an AT, we should thank Sakurai like the K Rool fans did. We could put "but, you know, playable as DLC or the next game would be vastly preferred" somewhere in there maybe.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
She lives with Ivan, apperantly? Seems kinda suspicious.

Also, what would be wrong with Golden Sun on 3DS? The franchise was always on handhelds.
She don't live with Ivan like that, its because all the vale survivors live in Kalay (Ivan's home), so she is there, Garet siblings are there, Isaac lived there, he just moved back to "close to Vale" to keep eye on month aleph with Garet

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
She lives with Ivan, apperantly? Seems kinda suspicious.

Also, what would be wrong with Golden Sun on 3DS? The franchise was always on handhelds.
it would repeat the dark dawn thing again. yeah ninty says the 3ds is still good, but the new pokemon games are coming to switch that's practically a nail in the coffin for it right there!
I think if they announce a GS for Switch it will be a remake that combines GS1 and GS2 into one coherent game.

Of course it will be weird seeing GS without its art style in the first 2 games once again
There’s a few possibilities here.

Golden Sun 4 is a thing on either the 3DS or Switch: An exact repeat of Dark Dawn. At that point it doesn’t matter if existing fans like it. Newcomers will feel left out since the last game came out ages ago, this issue is exacerbated if it picks up immediately after Dark Dawn. Sales won’t be strong.

Golden Sun is remade for the 3DS: Sales might be strong, but, let’s be realistic here, the Switch is killing the 3DS. And I don’t mean that in a tongue and cheek way, it’s suffocating it. I honestly think this next direct is gonna showcase the last Big Bang the 3DS is gonna have. I think it has a good year left before support for it finally starts to peter out. Like I said, sales might be strong...

Golden Sun is remade for the Switch: But it could be so much stronger. The Switch is new and it’s big. Why release a game like Golden Sun, which is already having a hell of a time climbing out of the grave, on old hardware when you could practically ensure it’s revival by putting it on the Switch all new and shiny? More people care about the Switch than the 3DS. More people actively play the Switch than the 3DS. The Switch is stronger both graphically and in performance. I think the only thing the 3DS has over the Switch right now is battery life.

At this point it doesn’t make sense to put a high profile game on a dying system. And I’m not just talking about Golden Sun. I’d be genuinely surprised if we got something crazy for the thing in the next year. I mean Luigi’s Mansion 3D is a thing Sure... it’s a visual remastering of a GameCube game. Which may seem hypocritical seeing as how I want a GBA game remade. But I don’t want it to simply be prettier. They could take this chance to expand on the game. Fix plot holes, add new dungeons, new side content, make the dialogue easier to swallow, seamlessly combine The Broken Seal and The Lost Age. I want a remake of Golden Sun, not a remastering.

Cassi

Smash Rookie
I have gone to believing Isaac is guaranteed to not believing he is going to making it in. I have no idea why. Maybe its the lack of high profile channels talking about him?

Shadow Novus

Smash Apprentice
Greetings from the Shantae thread!

Since a couple of you have been great sports and wishing us good luck over there, I came to wish the same for Isaac in kind! I wish all fanbases could have a sense of camaraderie like I've been seeing between our two groups.

Good luck to all of you! I hope you get your favored son in Smash Ultimate \o/

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

Golden Sun 4 is a thing on either the 3DS or Switch: An exact repeat of Dark Dawn. At that point it doesn’t matter if existing fans like it. Newcomers will feel left out since the last game came out ages ago, this issue is exacerbated if it picks up immediately after Dark Dawn. Sales won’t be strong.

Golden Sun is remade for the 3DS: Sales might be strong, but, let’s be realistic here, the Switch is killing the 3DS. And I don’t mean that in a tongue and cheek way, it’s suffocating it. I honestly think this next direct is gonna showcase the last Big Bang the 3DS is gonna have. I think it has a good year left before support for it finally starts to peter out. Like I said, sales might be strong...

Golden Sun is remade for the Switch: But it could be so much stronger. The Switch is new and it’s big. Why release a game like Golden Sun, which is already having a hell of a time climbing out of the grave, on old hardware when you could practically ensure it’s revival by putting it on the Switch all new and shiny? More people care about the Switch than the 3DS. More people actively play the Switch than the 3DS. The Switch is stronger both graphically and in performance. I think the only thing the 3DS has over the Switch right now is battery life.

At this point it doesn’t make sense to put a high profile game on a dying system. And I’m not just talking about Golden Sun. I’d be genuinely surprised if we got something crazy for the thing in the next year. I mean Luigi’s Mansion 3D is a thing Sure... it’s a visual remastering of a GameCube game. Which may seem hypocritical seeing as how I want a GBA game remade. But I don’t want it to simply be prettier. They could take this chance to expand on the game. Fix plot holes, add new dungeons, new side content, make the dialogue easier to swallow, seamlessly combine The Broken Seal and The Lost Age. I want a remake of Golden Sun, not a remastering.
Okay. Totally get your point. But still... A new Golden Sun would be better than nothing. The 3DS is still quite successful. Many RPG fans also have one. And it’s not like Camelot is a huge game studio either...

I’ll take what I can get.

Beggars can’t be choosers.

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
I have gone to believing Isaac is guaranteed to not believing he is going to making it in. I have no idea why. Maybe its the lack of high profile channels talking about him?
I think it just proves that even when Isaac's at the forefront of speculation, he's still the dark horse of the scene when it comes to predictions. It's a familiar position, admittedly, but we'll all find out tomorrow whether our hopes were unfounded or not.

Eagle

Smash Lord
I personally think that if Isaac is in this game, this is the time to reveal it. Of course, there's no saying he couldn't be revealed later but I'm sure those spots are better reserved. Pray hard, friends!

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
I don't see what channels not talking about a character has to do with their chances. If Isaac is in, it was decided upon years ago. Now it's just a matter of waiting for the chips to fall for the last few reveals.

His presumed Ballot success makes me hopeful, he'd fit right in alongside Ridley and K. Rool as the big-name requested additions.

Also, part of the reason I root for these types of characters is that Ultimate is possibly their last chance at getting in a game again. It's a big part of why K. Rool was my most-wanted, and it's a large factor as to why Banjo, Geno, and Isaac are now my top three newcomers.

Last edited:

tveye

Smash Journeyman
I have a feeling we'll either see Bandana Waddle Dee or Geno. As much as I want Isaac in, I'm not gonna be get my hopes up. Smash 4 was heartbreaking...

Last edited:

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
I haven't been on this page for ages, I believe I was on the Smash 4 supporter list and I want to be on this one as well.

Q-Long

Smash Lord
Yeah a remake would be optimal. I would like GS 1 and 2 as one game as well. Sort of like how Tales of Symphonia had two halves but on one disc. (It was on one disc I think... its been a while)

Isaac4SmashUltimate

Smash Apprentice

If I recall, I read somewhere where Camelot wanted to make Golden Sun on a Nintendo platform early in its life before Pokemon would come in. And in my own opinion, I do think having Golden Sun early on would help before we get more than one or two main series Pokemon game.

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
Yeah a remake would be optimal. I would like GS 1 and 2 as one game as well. Sort of like how Tales of Symphonia had two halves but on one disc. (It was on one disc I think... its been a while)
ToS had two discs, but I see what you mean.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
Greetings from the Geno thread. Just popping in to wish you all luck during the direct tomorrow! May the earth shake (metaphorically speaking) to herald the coming of Isaac

D

Deleted member

Nintendo Direct, Take Two.
It's an amusing pact, but hey, if it works, I'm down for a celebratory blood donation. XD
I already donated today to make sure that there was abundant supply.

Well, that, and I wanna save up for the digital version on my Switch come December while allowing more resources to be devoted to pressing matters.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Is it going to be Isaac’s time to shine tomorrow?

As much as I like him A LOT, (hopefully I don’t get crucified) I’m kinda hoping he isn’t the only one and someone like a Gen 7 Pokémon can get announced as well.

I feel that Isaac is probably already in the game, so I hope you guys don’t mind if said this. There’s just so many things that are in Isaac’s favor, with his biggest obstacle thrown out of the window. So I’m hoping that something that has caused a lot of debate here, namely a Gen 7 pokemon, gets answered once and for all.

That said, I’d still be REALLY happy with Isaac getting revealed. Though, I’m not sure how that’d fare for my other most wanted, hopefully both can get in. I want to do a matchup between them when I first get Ultimate :p.

Last edited:

iam8bit

Smash Ace
So I stumbled upon a YouTube video referencing this 4chan thread and I was worried for a second. But it seems like the leak was debunked in the comments.

Phew. Embarrass

RandomAce

Smash Champion
This thread is acting a little weird.

On hand, we have like 30-40 people here.

On the other hand, there are like only two posts during the last 30 minutes.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Hello again! I'm dropping by from the Skull Kid thread, Isaac's partner in celestial bodies. :laugh: I want to wish you all good luck for the Direct tomorrow! I hope Isaac does make it in; he's waited long enough for it, and all of you along with him.

Lonodel

Smash Journeyman
Hey to everyone coming in from other threads to show support I wanted to say thanks, haven't had much time lately to check anything other than this board but I hope you get your dream characters too and let's all keep being awesome

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
To add more fuel to that blog post fire, Ryu just got his + a memory post, and what do you know? They're both out of order at #148 and #149.

#134-137, #140, #143-145, and now #147 are currently missing.
I was just about to note this. 147 is definitely a stage, 140 is music. 143 being skipped I'm taking as confirmation of a new IP reveal tomorrow . This is probably an item, AT, or (unlikely) a stage, but either way, a mere random reveal would not need to be skipped if it wasn't relevant to the Direct, and if this was an existing IP, they have plenty of existing material to work with and don't need to hide anything extra.

Just for clarification, 143 won't show up tomorrow because 134-137 are probably showing up tomorrow, though 137 might be pushed to Sunday.

144 and 145 have to be two separate updates, and 144 is probably a fighter given its a Sunday reveal. So that means either 144 is a fighter without a memory or both are fighters without memories, but I'm betting 145 is actually an AT/item instead.

Q-Long

Smash Lord
I was just about to note this. 147 is definitely a stage, 140 is music. 143 being skipped I'm taking as confirmation of a new IP reveal tomorrow . This is probably an item, AT, or (unlikely) a stage, but either way, a mere random reveal would not need to be skipped if it wasn't relevant to the Direct, and if this was an existing IP, they have plenty of existing material to work with and don't need to hide anything extra.

Just for clarification, 143 won't show up tomorrow because 134-137 are probably showing up tomorrow, though 137 might be pushed to Sunday.

144 and 145 have to be two separate updates, and 144 is probably a fighter given its a Sunday reveal. So that means either 144 is a fighter without a memory or both are fighters without memories, but I'm betting 145 is actually an AT/item instead.
Well then, it must be Isaac! Unless Geno counts as a new IP.

Additionally, how did you beat Venus Lighthouse without meeting Tret?

Top Bottom