• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

ZelDan

Smash Master
I would imagine Isaac and Felix would get their respective themes in their reveals.

If there was a segment showing off GS items in detail, I could see them using this song:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Venus Lighthouse for the multiplayer stage and Mars Lighthouse as the boss stage. That's how I think it should be done (like how there's two varations of Dracula's Castle).

Venus has the bright aesthic and such while Mars looks dark and gloomy while you're pitted against the Doom Dragon.

Moderately obsessed

Smash Journeyman
I came to check what he was about... He sounds out pretty badass. Which game would you recommend I start with if I wanted to play the Golden Sun series?

Q-Long

Smash Lord
Guys, something worries me.

I'm copying this from what I just posted in the Smash Ultimate thread.

So all of the stages have been shown?

Can't complain because there are 103. I'm looking at the Wiki.

There are 103 total.

7 Smash Bros
19 Melee
26 Brawl
44 Smash 4
That equals 96.

That leaves room for 7 to make 103.

According to the Wiki the new stages are Dracula's Castle, Great Plateau Tower, Moray Towers, and New Donk City Hall as well as Battlefield, Big Battlefield, and Final Destination.

So apparently Battlefield, Big Battlefield, and Final Destination all count as Ultimate stages. So as much as I want Isaac and other new IPs (Especially lesser known Nintendo IPs), does this mean the remaining newcomers will be from series already with characters?

Or does it mean Battlefield, Big Battlefield, and Final Destination don't count? Or does it mean it would go back to pre-Brawl where not every series gets a stage?

Additionally look at what's left, there's 6 empty spaces. DLC?

It seems hard to believe Isaac or even Geno won't get a stage.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I came to check what he was about... He sounds out pretty badass. Which game would you recommend I start with if I wanted to play the Golden Sun series?
The first one, it begins the narrative continued in the second.

There are 103 total.

7 Smash Bros
19 Melee
26 Brawl
44 Smash 4
That equals 96.

According to the Wiki the new stages are Dracula's Castle, Great Plateau Tower, Moray Towers, and New Donk City Hall as well as Battlefield, Big Battlefield, and Final Destination.

So apparently Battlefield, Big Battlefield, and Final Destination all count as Ultimate stages. So as much as I want Isaac and other new IPs (Especially lesser known Nintendo IPs), does this mean the remaining newcomers will be from series already with characters?

Or does it mean Battlefield, Big Battlefield, and Final Destination don't count? Or does it mean it would go back to pre-Brawl where not every series gets a stage?

All 103 stages are accounted for, BF, BBF and FD count. The question now is just will there be more stages in the base game? They've really hammered home how there will be 103 stages, yet the stage screen, as you can see, is oddly organized were it to be complete. Plus, it would imply none of the remaining unrevealed newcomers have an accompanying new stage, which seems like a stretch. So that's the current debate.

Ohh he said that?

Phew lol

Edit: Maybe it means 6 stages left in the base game then. I wonder what they could be!
No one has said that, it's just speculation.

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
Ohh he said that?

Phew lol

Edit: Maybe it means 6 stages left in the base game then. I wonder what they could be!
Well it's not like he said it clearly, but he never said it was final either. And we're like 3 months away from release so of course there is still more characters / stages / items and stuff. Don't worry about it :happysheep:

Last edited:

Yoh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yoh_Zephyr
I never thought 103 was the final number for stages, if Sakurai said for example there are 107 in total, we would already know, that more is coming...so it only makes sense to keep it a secret in my opinion.

Also I don't see why they couldn't just add more? There are no rules for this.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I'd be happy if the reveal is Banjo-Kazooie. That just means that unrepresented franchises aren't off the table. If it ends up being Skull Kid or Isabelle or Inceneroar though that means that hill is still there for climbing which sucks. I hate this whole stage count speculation. It's annoying.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
The idea of DLC stages going in those 6 slots bug me. Like, Why hasn't anyone realized that there are tabs (like folders have) for the stages like DLC, Stage Maker, Normal, etc.? I just don't understand.

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
Good luck tomorrow to all you Isaac fans! I'm not an Isaac supporter seeing as I've yet to play his games. but if he is revealed tomorrow there will be a big smile on my face knowing that so many fans will have their dream come true after waiting for so long.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
im hoping that this game will have a cinematic intro like melee did, and if isaac is in i will be so hyped if he's shown in that intro

Kalaam

Smash Ace
I'm craving for a story mode like Subspatial. Imagine Isaac's cutscene when he shows up in the story.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I'd be happy if the reveal is Banjo-Kazooie. That just means that unrepresented franchises aren't off the table. If it ends up being Skull Kid or Isabelle or Inceneroar though that means that hill is still there for climbing which sucks. I hate this whole stage count speculation. It's annoying.
In the case of characters like Incineroar or Elma though there's a good chance they would come with a stage from their respective games, despite being from an existing franchise.

I think the worst case scenario for the stage argument is if we get Incineroar and no Alola stage alongside him. That'll look really bad in my opinion. (and that's part of the reason I'm kinda dreading tomorrows reveal because feel like if what I just described happens it'll cause the debate to sway more in favor of there being no more stages, and I'm not sure I'd want to continue speculating on the game if that happens. It would be a lot less interesting and exciting to me.

(Another worst case scenario would be Elma with no Xenoblade X stage, but I think the Incineroar scenario is a lot more likely)

At least if the newcomer reveal is someone like Bandana Dee, Paper Mario or Skull Kid there's a good argument to be made that none of them were going to bring a new stage with them anyway. If it's a character like Incineroar or Elma not bringing a stage with them I feel like that'll be a very ill omen.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
im hoping that this game will have a cinematic intro like melee did, and if isaac is in i will be so hyped if he's shown in that intro
Chances are it'll be the same thing as the Wii U intro. Just bits of gameplay and the cinematic trailers, of which we've already got quite a few and will probably get 2-3 more.

It should get a cinematic intro, though, given the significance of the game.

TappyBat

Smash Ace
the stage thing does worry me a little. I mean skull kid, geno and waddles can go hang out on the other stages, but if what have is all we get. no isaac.

Kalaam

Smash Ace
I wouldn't doubt he'd be grouped with Marth and Cloud. (Namely Cloud)
I wouldn't be against it. Having Cloud and Isaac side by side would be quite funny, especially if the other think they're related at first.
Making it seem like they are travelling together for a little while before we meet them could work well i think.

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
I mean, this pumps me up !

Best intro so far !

Edit : I always loved how Link, Zelda and Ganondorf cross hands like "yea we're best friends !"

Last edited:

Isaac4SmashUltimate

Smash Apprentice
Hopefully Isaac gets in so I can make Cloud and Shulk his rivals in my story I'll be thinking about. : D Most of the Fire Emblem reps other than Marth and Ike will probably be enemies in my story.

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
GS 1 and GS 2 are tied together. Half the story is in 1 and the other is in 2.

So GS 1
Can't wait for 50 cent and his Isaac Echo!

Edit:
Apparently 40 event too.
Im pumped for the 50 Cent Amiibo

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
NOOOOO. I NOT GOING TO BE ABLE TO SEE THE DIRECT UNTIL FRIDAY BECAUSE I HAVE TO PLAY AT A FOOTBALL GAME THURSDAY NIGHT DUE TO THE HURRICANE!!!

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
I'm sorry I haven't been in this thread very long but what is with all of the 50 cent posts/songs/memes? I don't get it and don't feel like looking back 300+ pages to find it.
People talked about 4th party and how Goku can get in.
I made a joke saying 50 Cent is 4th party technicality 4th party since he has 2 video games.
Then the jokes took off.

They don't make sense, but Isaac is now 50 Cent
50Gold.png

Once again huge love to SuperNintendoKid SuperNintendoKid for that amazing Isaac/50 art

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
People talked about 4th party and how Goku can get in.
I made a joke saying 50 Cent is 4th party technicality 4th party since he has 2 video games.
Then the jokes took off.

They don't make sense, but Isaac is now 50 Cent
View attachment 163597

Once again huge love to SuperNintendoKid SuperNintendoKid for that amazing Isaac/50 art
hmm i should probably colour in that drawing, i've been meaning to for awhile now

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
So according to this video here...
It seems that Isaac's potential trailer will most likely be in the same style as the other Ultimate trailers.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

There are 103 total.

7 Smash Bros
19 Melee
26 Brawl
44 Smash 4
That equals 96.

Reminder there’s 6 empty’s in that good chance those will be filled in

Probably connected to the newcomers not shown yet

But even if Isaac doesn’t get a stage reminder there’s a couple of characters that don’t have a home stage

:ultdoc::ultkrool:(Only because none of his headquarter places are stages most particualarly gangplank Galleon) :ultrob:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Second times a charm! Good luck to your boy Isaac! I am gonna start playing Golden Sun soon since I am running out of games to play.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
The game called Golden Sun.

No seriously, the first title is just named Golden Sun. After that, play Golden Sun The Lost Age, also for GBA. Golden Sun Dark Dawn is the 3rd title, and is for DS. Isaac is playable and the lead character in the first game, the deuteragonist of the second game The Lost Age, and serves as the mentor of the lead character in Dark Dawn- which is also his own son and looks just like him.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Managed to finally find my save of Golden Sun... last time I even played the game was back in 2013. Seemingly was grinding for Kikuichimonji for Ivan to get near the game's final rooms.

My God though, the nostalgia's outta the roof already - I need to open up these games more often.

Speaking which, I apparently drew crude fanart back in the same period:

Yeah I saw that a few days ago, it seems like they have one specific group working on the trailers this time around.
Man, this makes me just more eager to look forward for Isaac to happen - like, watching Isaac animated in completely amazing HD-glory... :colorful:

Last edited:
Top Bottom