• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'm thrilled the Direct has its new time, but it honestly couldn't be worse for me. I'll be mid-flight somewhere over the Rockies. Might have to spring for that durn wi-fi since I'm an impatient child. :p

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
So, I just had this thought. What if Venus Lighthouse acts like Castle Siege but reverse? You start at the entrance outside and then you get pulled in to one of the areas/rooms, then it moves up to another until you reach the top. At the top, there will be a moment when the Lighthouse activates and goes haywire like in the game. That would be awesome!

Kalaam

Smash Ace
Would make an epic stage indeed. Especially with the dragon boss.
A neat thing would be moving element in the different rooms, akin of the puzzles. Like the balances things from the Venus Lighthouse.

hustler713

Smash Apprentice
I'd actually prefer Mars Lighthouse, since it's the Final Location of the original Story. I'd Imagine it beeing viewed from behind so Mount Aleph could be seen.

Last edited:

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
Guys why pick only one lighthouse when you can have all 4? It could change layout slightly just like the animal crossing stage does (the island). That way each time you play on the elemental lighthouse stage it's a different one !

Kisae

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darkkisae
The direct being a general one can we expect to have two trailers? One at the beginning and one at the end. Or during a Pokémon segment they put Incineroar and at the end Isaac?

StormC

Smash Hero
The direct being a general one can we expect to have two trailers? One at the beginning and one at the end. Or during a Pokémon segment they put Incineroar and at the end Isaac?
The datamine on the Smash website suggests just one (tl;dr, there was a gap in the code for a character trailer).

Gurein

Smash Apprentice
I'm thrilled the Direct has its new time, but it honestly couldn't be worse for me. I'll be mid-flight somewhere over the Rockies. Might have to spring for that durn wi-fi since I'm an impatient child. :p
Be sure to have the stream open in a tab somewhere just in case for no spoileroo :)

Kisae

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darkkisae
The datamine on the Smash website suggests just one (tl;dr, there was a gap in the code for a character trailer).
Oh okay my bad just catch up some pages must have forgotten well let's cross fingers for Isaac ^^

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
Pwnapplez Pwnapplez Just for that tweet you sent me, I'll be using the 50 cent thumbnail on the actual video, see who notices.
50-cent.png

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'm just happy this thread is active and populated enough to have its own memes. They've even made their way to GameFAQs and mimique's twitter lol.

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
We have our own meme economy. Truly, this is the mark of an independent nation if I've ever seen one.

DogManStar

Smash Ace
One trailer with what seems like two fighters (an echo and a newcomer) definitely looks suspicious. I don’t think many characters would make as much sense to be in the same trailer as Isaac and Felix.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ivan: What? Saturos is up again? But we beat him!
Saturos: Me? Beaten? Never! I lost to this lighthouse, not to you!

This stays a Golden moment, I tell you.

Still, the power of this story doesn't fail to amaze me, even after all these years.

Only thing what's missing is some direct character development of some characters.

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
I know Isaac in Smash is the goal, but I’m just imagining them announcing the Golden Sun games are coming to Switch in some way and it makes me stupidly excited. I know it’s a long shot, but I could take that as a consolation prize. Or in addition to Isaac getting announced with an echo of Felix. =P
Honestly, for me anyway, Isaac in Smash is my secondary goal. My primary goal/hope is that Golden Sun is revived. Isaac in Smash is just a means to that end. A way to bring the series protagonist in the limelight.

That’s why, if he’s revealed, I will put everything I have behind an effort to drum up interest in the series any way I possibly can.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
One trailer with what seems like two fighters (an echo and a newcomer) definitely looks suspicious. I don’t think many characters would make as much sense to be in the same trailer as Isaac and Felix.
As I said earlier these are the ones that came to mind...

Sora and Roxas
Phoenix Wright and Miles Edgeworth

Neither of them seem overly likely though.

Saki Amamiya and Isa Jo are another two I considered, but I think they debuted in different games so they'd probably have different memories attached to them.

Here's a thought however! What are the chances we could get Cross from Xenoblade Chronicles X with Elma as their echo fighter? (or vice versa) Can Cross fight in a similar manner to Elma? (I can't really remember...)

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
I'm betting money we either get Issac, a new Pokemon, or Skull Kid tomorrow. What if Issac is announced right after a Golden Sun Trilogy remaster/remake for 3DS?

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord

Sora and Roxas
Phoenix Wright and Miles Edgeworth

Neither of them seem overly likely though.

Saki Amamiya and Isa Jo are another two I considered, but I think they debuted in different games so they'd probably have different memories attached to them.

Here's a thought however! What are the chances we could get Cross from Xenoblade Chronicles X with Elma as their echo fighter? (or vice versa) Can Cross fight in a similar manner to Elma? (I can't really remember...)
Cross is customizable enough to where they could echo Elma, but the problem is as a character, they may be too customizable. I don't even think default builds (which Sakurai prefers in avatars) would have them mirroring Elma 1 to 1. Plus, Monolith has only promoted Elma in recent times and Cross isn't popular nor relevant to the plot at all. It's too far-fetched.

It seems like most other unique+echo combos are either questionable in design, unpopular or unlikely until DLC aside from Isaac and Felix.

Kalaam

Smash Ace
I'd rather get the remake on Switch, as Golden Sun was originally planned to be a N64 title. The switch would make sense both as it's legacy of portable game and home system origins.
Also, I feel like the 3DS is losing steam, and i'd like a golden sun remake to have the best possible performance both for graphics and sounds.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
And its better to have a game in the start/middle of the lifespam of a console than in his end because the latter sometimes have bad marketing (Dark Dawn anyone?)

Gurein

Smash Apprentice
If Isaac is revealed, which song would you guys want to be present on his reveal? His battle theme is obviously a given, but what if it's something different? I'd legit cry if "The Golden Sun rises" is the track played.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
We have our own meme economy. Truly, this is the mark of an independent nation if I've ever seen one.
I'm just happy this thread is active and populated enough to have its own memes. They've even made their way to GameFAQs and mimique's twitter lol.
We better make sure 50 Cent spreads even further than that, if Isaac's confirmed. :drflip:

Actually, what do you think we need a particular single from 50 Cent's songs to build on this meme further?

Last edited:

hustler713

Smash Apprentice
If Isaac is revealed, which song would you guys want to be present on his reveal? His battle theme is obviously a given, but what if it's something different? I'd legit cry if "The Golden Sun rises" is the track played.
https://youtu.be/wb_zLitqH1o

Just the GS 1 Battletheme. Tho that one Brawl Remix would be cool as well, but that would be more fitting to Felix imo.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
A silk negliglee in Lord McCoy's castle in Bilibin :laugh:

Isaac, put that back!

I can'tttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
I'd want them to cycle through multiple tracks as the trailer plays out for maximum fanservice.

Maybe if there's a slow build-up like in the K. Rool/Ridley trailers, there could be a subtle remix of The Elemental Stars that's just quiet enough where not everyone will notice its origin. Then, as Isaac's being shown, his own battle theme plays. Towards the climax of whatever battle he's fighting (especially if against Rathalos), it could transition into one of the final boss themes.

At the very end of the CGI trailer, perhaps Isaac is looking out towards a sunny horizon with a smile on his face and then a brief excerpt of The Golden Sun Rises could play.

GoldenSunIsAlive

Smash Cadet
And its better to have a game in the start/middle of the lifespam of a console than in his end because the latter sometimes have bad marketing (Dark Dawn anyone?)
Yeh, that was the biggest problem with DD, it got released on the last breaths of a console...

And now everyone and everything blames it on the worse story line, and a couple of things that are actually not that big, which in my opinion would *Surely* not have caused the decline in purchases vs the first two games.

DD was a good JRPG, it deserves more love. I would even defend it being a good Golden Sun, maybe not as good as the first 2, but still good.

I would rate DD an 8, the two games before a 9.

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
We better make sure 50 Cent spreads even further than that, if Isaac's confirmed. :drflip:

Actually, what do you think we need a particular single from 50 Cent's songs to build on this meme further?
We got like 3

Patiently Waiting, since we been Patiently Waiting for Isaac since Brawl to be in Smash as a fighter

Back down to the haters.

and if Isaac gets in well he is in da smash club

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995

Sora and Roxas
I would probably cry if Roxas made it into Smash. Sora's a pipe dream, but Roxas isn't even imaginable to me (though his feature game was on the DS...). Actually, I'd probably hurt myself if we got him... I smashed my toe on a dresser jumping up off the couch when Lucina got her splash screen- she was also someone I hadn't even dreamt of making it in.
Cross is customizable enough to where they could echo Elma, but the problem is as a character, they may be too customizable. I don't even think default builds (which Sakurai prefers in avatars) would have them mirroring Elma 1 to 1. Plus, Monolith has only promoted Elma in recent times and Cross isn't popular nor relevant to the plot at all. It's too far-fetched.
Robin and Corrin have a similar level of customobility, with 6-ish haircuts, 3 heights, multiple hair colors, 3 voices, and all of this for two genders.

That said, yeah, Cross was infrequently promoted, not actually that important (though was the only character you'd play as most of the time), and the difference in height between the base male and female is a problem. It theoretically could happen, but we really don't gain anything by their inclusion (unless they get Fiora's VA to voice the female version- in that case, I'm all in).

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
I'm sorry I haven't been in this thread very long but what is with all of the 50 cent posts/songs/memes? I don't get it and don't feel like looking back 300+ pages to find it.

Top Bottom