• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
If at all possible, you guys should totally record your reactions in Audacity or your program of choice and share it here, should the unthinkable happen. (If you don't stream the direct either way) You'll go back to that recording in a few years and relive the hype all over again. I know I'll do it, Hope you guys have a swift 31 hours, tomorrow is going to be big.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Well, here we go.

I'm not sure what to expect right now. I already feel kinda nervous. Good luck everyone! :)

Go Isaac! You can do it!

Undella2

Smash Journeyman
In b4 the direct gets delayed again...

/s

No, but actually, I'm hyped for this direct.

If it ain't Vaati, then it better include Isaac!

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483

Might as well bring this back.

If at all possible, you guys should totally record your reactions in Audacity or your program of choice and share it here, should the unthinkable happen. (If you don't stream the direct either way) You'll go back to that recording in a few years and relive the hype all over again. I know I'll do it, Hope you guys have a swift 31 hours, tomorrow is going to be big.
Well I'll be hoping my sibling isn't going to be weirded out when I'm nearby yelling like hell if Isaac's in.

Anyway, the Lighthouse is lit once again... let's hope the sun's finally shining when we get to the top.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Coincidentally with this whole Incineroar discussion, I dreamt that the Direct happened and the two newcomers were from Pokemon and I was super disappointed. :laugh:

And OMG, I knew I would come to this thread right as the Direct was announced (7 am the day before). The rumors were right.

Good luck everyone! This might finally be it. Embarrass My advice isn't to hype responsibly, but hype HOWEVER YOU WANT ...just stay classy if it's not our time yet.

Q-Long

Smash Lord
Anyway, the Lighthouse is lit once again... let's hope the sun's finally shining when we get to the top.

I like that idea. Like how Punch-Out's stage and the Pokemon Stages have the Smash Logo

Maybe it could be a "Smash Lighthouse" with all 4 elements instead of the obvious choice of Venus Lighthouse

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I love how Waluigi's is just shaking Geno around, just carelessly giving him the 4th cameo of his lifetime.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Nintendo just tweeted that the online service is starting on the 18th of September. They were cutting it kind of close even with the original direct and now it's only a week away.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I like that idea. Like how Punch-Out's stage and the Pokemon Stages have the Smash Logo

Maybe it could be a "Smash Lighthouse" with all 4 elements instead of the obvious choice of Venus Lighthouse
Didn't expect a metaphor to sound like a concept for a stage - but this "Elemental Lighthouse"-concept sounds pretty nifty! Would be interesting if they'd make it have differing stage hazards based on the element on place.

Kisae

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darkkisae
OMFG IT'S HAPPENING!!

Go Isaac! I will be streaming this for sure!

Kalaam

Smash Ace
True lol, also its funny because he is making the owo face
Which makes it the bwest dwinni. °w°
Also, if we think of what Djinn Isaac could get, just look at Dark Dawn and the ones who are described as Isaac's friends: Flint, Granite, Salt, Sap and Ground.
Could be picked from those. Granite could be his shield stance, while others for Smash attacks, tho I don't see how to use Salt. Maybe for a dodge animation ?

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I really hope JaidynReiman is on the money with his theory.

I've heard there's a lot of people (like pushdustin and leakypandy) telling people not to get their hopes up and it's kinda making me nervous.

PushDustin isn't an insider is he?

Last edited:

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
I feel like people are mainly trying to subdue Smash hopes because a lot of people are expecting a 5/10 minute presentation like E3 and the Smash Direct, when in reality we'll just get a newcomer trailer at the end or beginning of the Direct.

DogManStar

Smash Ace
I really hope JaidynReiman is on the money with his theory.

I've heard there's a lot of people (like pushdustin and leakypandy) telling people not to get their hopes up and it's kinda making me nervous.

PushDustin isn't an insider is he?
PushDustIn is just a speculator. LeakyPandy isn’t really credible ngl.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I feel like people are mainly trying to subdue Smash hopes because a lot of people are expecting a 5/10 minute presentation like E3 and the Smash Direct, when in reality we'll just get a newcomer trailer at the end or beginning of the Direct.
I mean if we get a newcomer reveal and it's a character that has been asked for by the fanbase for a long time I think that'll be hype enough for most people. What more can people expect?

I think it's unrealistic to think we're going to get some more information on the Spirits mode. That sounds like something that'll be kept for the Smash direct.

Last edited:

Mav485

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1504-7090-2374
Switch FC
SW 7228 3594 2505
I know Isaac in Smash is the goal, but I’m just imagining them announcing the Golden Sun games are coming to Switch in some way and it makes me stupidly excited. I know it’s a long shot, but I could take that as a consolation prize. Or in addition to Isaac getting announced with an echo of Felix. =P

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I guess when I hear people saying not to expect much in relation to Smash, I automatically assume they're talking about character reveals since that's what I imagine most people are overhyping themselves over.

So that's why it makes me feel nervous about what newcomer we may get tomorrow.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Smash Spirits Boss Idea that will never happen:

Doom Dragon, except with Bowser, Ridley, and King K Rool as the fusion
Not Doom Dragon specifically, but I could see them having the final boss be the four big bads fused.

By “four big bads” I mean the three you listed + Ganondorf.

Last edited:

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
Smash Spirits Boss Idea that will never happen:

Doom Dragon, except with Bowser, Ridley, and King K Rool as the fusion
Talking about this, do you think every main franchise will have a boss ? I remember that what I didn't like about subspace's bosses was that half of them were random robots and the other half only covered very few franchises.

Muirkat

Smash Apprentice
If you want to find out what adept you would be
First, find out your elements from your Astrology Zodiac
  • Fire: Aries, Leo, Sagittarius = Mars
  • Earth: Taurus, Virgo, Capricorn = Venus
  • Air: Gemini, Libra, Aquarius = Jupiter
  • Water: Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces = Mercury
Next, find out your element from your chinese Zodiac
  • Metal: Monkey, Rooster = Venus
  • Wood: Tiger, Rabbit = Jupiter
  • Water: Rat, Pig = Mercury
  • Fire: Horse, Snake = Mars
  • Earth: Dragon, Dog, Ox, Sheep = Venus
(Metal planet in Chinese Zodiac is Venus, and Wood Planet is Jupiter)

Chinese Zodiac's also have a second element to add

• If the last number in your birth year is 0 or 1, your element is Metal.
  • If the last number in your birth year is 2 or 3, your element is Water.
  • If the last number in your birth year is 4 or 5, your element is Wood.
  • If the last number in your birth year is 6 or 7, your element is Fire.
  • If the last number in your birth year is 8 or 9, your element is Earth.
Only 1 element Mono-Elemental
2 elements Dual-Elemental
3 diffrent elements Tri-Elemental

https://goldensunwiki.net/wiki/Character_class
Match it up to your class

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am an Aquarius, Year of the Wood Dog
Two Jupiter One Venus
I would fall under something in the Dual-Elemental

The Chinese Zodiac Year animal is your main element (Mine would be Venus)
The second element and the astrology zodiac are the secondary elements

Venus Adept with 2 Jupiters
Aquarius, Monkey, Water - Jupiter, Venus, Mercury
I'm going with the first one being my base element affiliation.
I'm a White Mage. Neat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0MK4k7V4vA

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Finally caught in this thread again whew. The direct has been rescheduled for tomorrow and hype thrusters shall commence. Tomorrow also marks my 28th pass around the sun. Isaac confirmed? Let's hope for that result. Good luck fellow Adepts!!

Q-Long

Smash Lord
Not Doom Dragon specifically, but I could see them having the final boss be the four big bads fused.

By “four big bads” I mean the three you listed + Ganondorf.
That would be cool. Maybe throw in Mewtwo or King Dedede?

Talking about this, do you think every main franchise will have a boss ? I remember that what I didn't like about subspace's bosses was that half of them were random robots and the other half only covered very few franchises.
There will probably be a lot of baddies.

A side from Ganondorf, Bowser, Bowser Jr./Koopa Siblings, Ridley, K Rool, Wario, King Dedede, Mewtwo (?), Dark Samus, and Wolf a lot of potential echoes (or just palett swaps) can be bad guys. Which I can see happening too.

Liquid Snake, Evil Ryu / Akuma, Shadow, Grima/Fell Robin, Dark Link, Blood Falcon / Black Shadow, etc. just because I notice a huge bad guy focus. Then Skull Kid has a chance as a newcomer as well.

Then there are boss monsters like Dracula and Master Hand too.

Last edited:

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo Direct from last week officially rescheduled to tomorrow at the same time 3:00 PST/6:00 EST! Good luck, everyone!
My prediction for this direct was Isaac's revealed, so who knows ?
I wish you guys good luck !
I wish both Banjo - Kazooie and Geno the best of luck!
If its Isaac I think we should do a little project like how King K Rool fans and Ridley fans did for their reveals thanking Sakurai. Smash Bros is cool cause it lets dead characters have a chance to see light again.

Maybe a project where everyone draws Golden Sun / Smash Bros interactions or where everyone draws a different djinn in Smash (Dark Dawn gave each one a unique design so its perfect for this). Example would be Gust hanging out with Luigi or something like that.

I'm thinking its Geno actually because of Crystal Chronicles (one of the best local co op games ever!) being part of the Direct most likely. Of course I could be wrong. If he gets in it will be cool to hear some SMRPG remixes, add some Mario and Luigi and Paper Mario music to that stage too
I am completely up for doing anything to give proper thanks for Isaac! The ideas has to be polished but I am up for whatever we decide

Ps: HYPE TRAIN HAS LEFT THE STATION!

Top Bottom