• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
A Nintendo Direct on Thursday? Huh... (Flashback)
Delta64 said:
I personally am not expecting any concrete information until the Direct happens (probably next Thursday).
I can see the future!

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
I'd cut Ryu, Corrin, Bayo, Miis (counting 'em as one), Roy, and Pichu if it meant getting Isaac as a playable character. Who'd y'all cut?
Not Roy! Cut marth instead along with lucina, bayo, corrin, Miis (why do they count as fighters?) Pichu, Dr. Mario could be an outfit instead of a character....I think that is about it.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
These "Who would you cut for your character" games need a "Hard mode: can't cut clones" rule.

Muirkat

Smash Apprentice
Liquid Snake, Evil Ryu / Akuma, Shadow, Grima/Fell Robin, Dark Link, Blood Falcon / Black Shadow, etc. just because I notice a huge bad guy focus. Then Skull Kid has a chance as a newcomer as well.
I actually would rather have The Boss as an echo of Snake than Liquid Snake. She's a badass.

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
Hype responsibly, boys. You don't want to get so worked up over the possibility of Isaac that getting some other character becomes a disappointment! I'm sure whatever character we get minus any big dumb cats will be an interesting addition, undeserving of negativity!
I honestly have 5 other options that I would also be excited for. And a few I would be not so happy about "psst its head is square"

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
I find Incineroar terribad from top to bottom and I care not who knows it or judges me for it. Everyone is free to come to their own conclusions.
I could name at least 20 other Pokemon I would rather get without thinking about it.

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
It is nice to see that the length of the direct is still going to be a strong 35 minutes. I certainly hope Nintendo surprises everyone.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Definitely excited to have a date. Now just to see who we are getting: Isaac is ideal of course, but I can't say I would be unhappy to see Banjo & Kazooie, Geno, a new Zelda character...whoever it may be, I'm ready to be hype!

GoldenSunIsAlive

Smash Cadet
I just thought about this, what if the new pokemon added to SSBU is eevee? (Since pokemon: Lets go, Eevee!)

There could be some nice implementation like with the pokemon trainer, where you switch between eeveelutions :crazy:!

Last edited:

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
I just thought about this, what if the new pokemon added to SSBU is eevee? (Since pokemon: Lets go, Eevee!)

There could be some nice implementation like with the pokemon trainer, where you switch between eeveelutions :crazy:!
Not gonna lie, if Eevee isn't deconfirmed and there's a support thread, I'm 110% in.

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace

Neat idea but would be a tremendous amount of work. Can you imagine attacks / animation / and balance for each Eevees ?

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
Via tomorrow we will have a lot of guest in here.

I guess outside pressures made me feel like this direct is not Isaac direct. Regardless, I am excited to see who will be added.

Isaac or not, don't let his community die. We are a driving force for Golden Sun, if we become silent the sun won't rise.

Remember, no base and not AT means DLC. With the reaction the Doom Dragon/Monster Hunter photo got on Sakurai timeline shows the outcry for Isaac.

Q-Long

Smash Lord

Makes me realize though... why pick up Pikachu version when you can get the Eevee version, which has more options

Kalaam

Smash Ace
Remember the eevee in let's go cannot evolve. I guess they are more powerfull than a standart Eevee tho'. And you can catch other 'vee in nature.

John Dylan Smith

Banned via Warnings
West Chester Township, Butler County, Ohio
Via tomorrow we will have a lot of guest in here.

I guess outside pressures made me feel like this direct is not Isaac direct. Regardless, I am excited to see who will be added.

Isaac or not, don't let his community die. We are a driving force for Golden Sun, if we become silent the sun won't rise.

Remember, no base and not AT means DLC. With the reaction the Doom Dragon/Monster Hunter photo got on Sakurai timeline shows the outcry for Isaac.
Still calling It! Isaac, Isabella, Shadow The Hedgehog, And Skull Kid will be revealed tomorrow!

Q-Long

Smash Lord
I wonder if it will be a "smash direct"

I feel like it will just be a general "nintendo direct"

So I'm expecting one unique character.

If it's a smash direct then I will say its Isaac with Shadow and Black Shadow, just a guess, not betting anything

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
I wonder if it will be a "smash direct"

I feel like it will just be a general "nintendo direct"

So I'm expecting one unique character.

If it's a smash direct then I will say its Isaac with Shadow and Black Shadow, just a guess, not betting anything
It's just a general Nintendo direct. I'm pretty sure we won't even be addressed by Sakurai, it'll just be a trailer for smash

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Neat idea but would be a tremendous amount of work. Can you imagine attacks / animation / and balance for each Eevees ?
Make a generic Eeveelution character and have them all be costumes.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
The thing I find interesting is that the missing blog posts seem to suggest we're getting a newcomer and an echo.

and if what JaidynReiman is saying turns out to be true we're probably not getting a dedicated Sakurai segment. (that could also be what the "don't get your hopes up" thing going around means) I think it makes a certain amount of sense, the last two Smash reveals have had a lot of info on the game so I'd expect this month to be a kind of a "lull" in comparison. We're likely not getting anything beyond a character reveal trailer.

(Though on the other hand the direct is 35 minutes long, it's not that hard to imagine 10 minutes of that being dedicated to Smash, especially if most of the direct is quickfire style reveals)

and if we don't get a Sakurai segment then whatever newcomer and echo we do get will probably both appear in the same trailer. Unless they randomly decide to reveal an echo in the middle of the direct.

In which case it's hard to think of another pair as fitting as Isaac and Felix. (who would also only need one memory between them since they originate in the same game)

Sora and Roxas are the only others that come to mind.

Edit: I guess there's also Phoenix Wright and Edgeworth but that ain't happening. :p

Last edited:

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
Apparently famitsu had nothing about smash, which means we should be spoiler free for tomorrow!

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
Considering how much Smash news we got at E3 and in the Smash direct last month, I would say now is the time for Nintendo to detail other projects. I expect one character reveal trailer and while I do not expect it this reveal trailer could also show a stage, assist trophy, or echo fighter. Remember we still have roughly 3 months till the games release. Even if Isaac does not appear at this direct we still have time.

Top Bottom