• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
I feel kinda bad bringing him up again but I was in the general smash discussion thread and apparently loz18 made a post saying the reveal isn't Isaac.

He seems to be hinting at Banjo & Kazooie. ("two familiar faces")
I have a hard time taking the attention seeking leakers as anything but jokes. Two familiar faces? You mean a way to beat around us getting Banjo and Kazooie (duo) or literally any other double reveal like Gardevoir/Gothitelle, Isaac/Felix, or even say Rayman with a Rabbid AT revealed? People started speculating we're getting an echo with this reveal... and suddenly the leaker says something that could be twisted to fit the reveal in most cases... how shocking!

These guys annoy me more than anything. If they "know" it, then why do they always beat around the bush and give such large gaps in their intel that showcases they clearly won't commit on much that will end their leak?

Take the Gardevoir/Gothitelle leaker. That's a bold leak. Gardevoir being a Pokeball Pokemon for multiple entries that could easily kill the leak the second Pokeball Pokemon are shown off. Not none of this "familiar faces" which avoids any serious commitment that can debunk them.

Last edited:

DogManStar

Smash Ace
Isaac might look like a generic swordsman, but no one wants him because he looks like another anime style character. People support him because his abilities are unique and interesting.

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
Words are wind. Heck, nowadays even images are very easily doctored or manufactured wholesale. If it's not a video or a clear slipup on Nintendo's part like with Bloody Tears, I don't believe it, period.

candyissweet

Smash Apprentice
Isaac might look like a generic swordsman, but no one wants him because he looks like another anime style character. People support him because his abilities are unique and interesting.
Pros and Cons of Isaac being in Smash

Pros: Tons of moveset potential
Cons: No moveset potential

Literally the debate right now. Smh

Last edited:

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
I find Incineroar terribad from top to bottom and I care not who knows it or judges me for it. Everyone is free to come to their own conclusions.
Egh, but the Pokemon is pretty well liked overall and would make people happy just as Isaac would make you happy even if others don't even know what an Isaac is. Seriously be prepared for people thinking he is from Fire Emblem. At least he doesn't have the blue or white hair though, so maybe people won't think he is more Fire Emblem favoritism.

But ya, trying to be open to Isaac again. Petty remarks against someone I started supporting doesn't help.

Pros and Cons of Isaac being in Smash

Pros: Tons of moveset potential
Cons: No moveset potential

Literally the debate right now. Smh
Isaac has plenty of move set potential. He just doesn't look like it in the slightest and raises concerns on the move set side from people who do not know the series. The boy could of used a bit more of a exciting look.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Egh, but the Pokemon is pretty well liked overall and would make people happy just as Isaac would make you happy even if others don't even know what an Isaac is. Seriously be prepared for people thinking he is from Fire Emblem. At least he doesn't have the blue or white hair though, so maybe people won't think he is more Fire Emblem favoritism.
My opinion of characters isn't generally formed by how others feel about them. That's some scary thought conformity I can't get behind. But by all means let people revel in their affinities. Let people who like Incineroar like him. Let people who dislike Isaac dislike him. All I'm doing is expressing my feelings. Because I'm a real person, not all of my opinions are going to be positive. And I dislike Incineroar. Sorry if that bothers you, but that's how I feel.

But ya, trying to be open to Isaac again. Petty remarks against someone I started supporting doesn't help.
Well good luck. I'm not here to convert minds or change hearts, do what you feel is best.

Kalaam

Smash Ace
For the purposes of balance, I'll consider "Wood" to be "Wind/Air", because otherwise nobody would get Wind Djinn. XD

You're a Ninja!
Oh, neat, i wasn't expecting that xD *starts to weeb a lot* ninjaaaaaa. :sasukexumbreon:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I doubt any people want a character because they look generic.

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
You know what I'd prefer as a pokemon reveal? Breloom.

I dunno, Incineroar has never really clicked with me, while most of the other gen 7 mons have. Turning a dorb kitty into a wrestler? Ech.

So says the dorb lover.

Last edited:

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
My opinion of characters isn't generally formed by how others feel about them. That's some scary thought conformity I can't get behind. But by all means let people revel in their affinities. Let people who like Incineroar like him. Let people who dislike Isaac dislike him. All I'm doing is expressing my feelings. Because I'm a real person, not all of my opinions are going to be positive. And I dislike Incineroar. Sorry if that bothers you, but that's how I feel.

Well good luck. I'm not here to convert minds or change hearts, do what you feel is best.
How does promoting not bashing other people's picks = you got to think and have the same opinion? It falls back on not saying anything if you don't got nothing nice to say. It started with some Isaac fans claiming Pokemon wouldn't be "hyped" and Pokemon fans don't even care about who gets included. Those were rather poorly thought out comments and I pointed it out. You piggybacked on it but then threw shade in on the Pokemon I voiced support for in general. (this thread moves fast, not exactly where and what was said) So it felt rather pointless and jaded. I mean what did you expect by putting down another character? Snidely putting down another character will breed confrontation.

Edit- Dropping this here though. This topic goes off the rails constantly, but it's usually in a positive light. So I rather it get back on the rails or fall back on something more light. :p

Last edited:

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
Those were my comments originally and I stand by them. People are free to disagree but a Pokemon reveal would be the least hype thing possible for me, and I posit even among the Pokemon fandom. Because everyone has their own preference, so somebody's favorite Pokemon being revealed means a lot of other people's hopefuls are disconfirmed. And I gotta agree Incineroar isn't very inspiring to me personally, but I'm not gonna head over to the Incineroar support thread and bash them or anything. I was just giving my opinion as to why I believe the Direct reveal will be something more anticipated or totally unexpected. It's not like a Pokemon newcomer isn't all but guaranteed anyway. I struggle to see a world where a new one doesn't get in, as DLC if nothing else.

EDIT: I do apologize if it came off as dismissive. As Isaac fans we all know what it's like to be bashed for our character preferences. For what it's worth I wouldn't mind Incineroar or whatever Pokemon actually in the game. I just don't want THAT to be the big reveal after the interminable wait for this Direct, because it would do basically nothing for me.

Last edited:

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
N3ON N3ON Eh, I do think that a lot of people liking a character can warm people up to a character. Hell, it's the reason Geno and Isaac are my second and third most-wanted uniques. I've barely played SMRPG and never touched a Golden Sun game but I want them both for the fans.

But I do agree that you shouldn't view a character in a negative light just because of members of their fanbase. It's why I will always defend characters like Waluigi, but not parts of his fanbase.

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
Those were my comments originally and I stand by them. People are free to disagree but a Pokemon reveal would be the least hype thing possible for me, and I posit even among the Pokemon fandom. Because everyone has their own preference, so somebody's favorite Pokemon being revealed means a lot of other people's hopefuls are disconfirmed. And I gotta agree Incineroar isn't very inspiring to me personally, but I'm not gonna head over to the Incineroar support thread and bash them or anything. I was just giving my opinion as to why I believe the Direct reveal will be something more anticipated or totally unexpected. It's not like a Pokemon newcomer isn't all but guaranteed anyway. I struggle to see a world where a new one doesn't get in, as DLC if nothing else.
I also don't see the Lip, Incineroar, Medusa, Gardevoir, etc. threads calling out Isaac like his fans are doing Pokemon. It makes more sense with rivals of the same series like Shadow, Tails, and Eggman fighting for that one spot. Promote Isaac and Golden Sun, don't try to undermine Pokemon as not as exciting or big.

Golden Sun and Isaac do have a solid shot, there's reason to be positive.

N3ON N3ON Eh, I do think that a lot of people liking a character can warm people up to a character. Hell, it's the reason Geno and Isaac are my second and third most-wanted uniques. I've barely played SMRPG and never touched a Golden Sun game but I want them both for the fans.

But I do agree that you shouldn't view a character in a negative light just because of members of their fanbase. It's why I will always defend characters like Waluigi, but not parts of his fanbase.
Funny enough plenty of people in this thread and others who support Isaac only do so cause they heard about him through Smash fandom. Some of his fans are younger than the games!!! So it is important, especially for a dead series, for the fans to not be off putting.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
https://twitter.com/SmashBrosJP/status/1039785685824270336

https://www.smashbros.com/data/bs/ja_JP/img/141_1.jpg

So the stage finally went up and its blog post 141, Summit. It doesn't help my theory any, but stage reveals have never matched up to the music regardless, they just usually happen on the same day as music tracks. Dracula's Castle was the following week after the music went up. Circumstances were slightly different, but regardless, music not matching up to the stage is a pretty common practice. I thought it might be different this time due to timing.

So, the stage reveal doesn't do anything in favor of my theory, but it doesn't negatively affect it either. It does affirm, though, that they aren't rescheduling things unless they have to.

PurpleStuff5

Smash Cadet
https://twitter.com/SmashBrosJP/status/1039785685824270336

https://www.smashbros.com/data/bs/ja_JP/img/141_1.jpg

So the stage finally went up and its blog post 141, Summit. It doesn't help my theory any, but stage reveals have never matched up to the music regardless, they just usually happen on the same day as music tracks. Dracula's Castle was the following week after the music went up. Circumstances were slightly different, but regardless, music not matching up to the stage is a pretty common practice. I thought it might be different this time due to timing.

So, the stage reveal doesn't do anything in favor of my theory, but it doesn't negatively affect it either. It does affirm, though, that they aren't rescheduling things unless they have to.
Does it affect the chance of a new stage appearing with the new character reveal?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Does it affect the chance of a new stage appearing with the new character reveal?
If there's a new stage, guaranteed the new character would show up on it. They just didn't plan to have the stage blog post show up on the same day as the music. It might actually happen now, assuming there is a new stage.

Last edited:

PurpleStuff5

Smash Cadet
If there's a new stage, guaranteed the new character would show up on it. They just didn't plan to have the stage blog post show up on the same day as the music. It might actually happen now, assuming there is a new stage.
Sorry for being slow on this I'm just trying to understand. If the stage wasn't paired with the music would there be a space for it to appear soon after the character? I assume new stages are revealed close to the character reveals. Although now that I recall I don't know if that applied to Dracula's Castle.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
JaidynReiman JaidynReiman

What is it that makes you think the echo has to be revealed in the same trailer as the unique newcomer?

If the echo being revealed was for example Black Knight, then that character probably wouldn't need a memory since they debuted in the same game as Ike. (I think)

In which case we could get Black Knight and then a completely unrelated newcomer.

Am I missing something?

Nossnitro102

Smash Journeyman
Alright I caught up again (you guys got all of a sudden more active again) and I think what people are trying to say about pokemon is the fact that the fanbase is split and pushing for separate pokemon so a pokemon reveal would be a little meh compared to most especially since it's also a predictable reveal (maybe not timing wise but just in general because it's expected ya know?). At least that's how I THINK people are trying to describe it. Me personally I don't really mind it either way. The more characters the better. I don't really mind it too much as I see what new things we get as a bonus rather than a necessity. But that's just me.

That aside, I'm really hoping these skipped/missing uploads bode well. We'll know how things are in the next several hours right?
Edit: Fixed a little wording, spelling, and grammar.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
How does promoting not bashing other people's picks = you got to think and have the same opinion? It falls back on not saying anything if you don't got nothing nice to say. It started with some Isaac fans claiming Pokemon wouldn't be "hyped" and Pokemon fans don't even care about who gets included. Those were rather poorly thought out comments and I pointed it out. You piggybacked on it but then threw shade in on the Pokemon I voiced support for in general. (this thread moves fast, not exactly where and what was said) So it felt rather pointless and jaded. I mean what did you expect by putting down another character? Snidely putting down another character will breed confrontation.

Edit- Dropping this here though. This topic goes off the rails constantly, but it's usually in a positive light. So I rather it get back on the rails or fall back on something more light. :p
What did I expect? I had no expectations. It was a throwaway section of a post which carried a different overall message. A very positive one, btw. But I've stood by my opinion. And I've engaged in your confrontation. I'm not telling people what to think, I'm just speaking my mind. Generally people are not bent out of shape by that. But if people want to challenge what I've said, I'm more than willing to deal with such contention. Clearly.

In truth, most people have skin thicker than yours when it comes to "bashing the picks of others". I mean you called Isaac a generic character in the Isaac thread, and got what, one very measured response? And by the way, if you're going embrace the adage of "if you've nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all" and the moral high-ground that comes with it, your first reply being a retaliatory jab against that person's character is not a good look, and undercuts your point somewhat, wouldn't you say?

I mean, this isn't the first time you've come into this thread to find the elusive slight buried within and exhibit it as if it were the norm for us. Believe me, despite your cherrypicking, this isn't a thread that dwells on the negativity of characters. Perhaps you ought not to paint us as a monolith since you've always had a skewed perspective of what goes on here.

Oh, and also, I didn't piggyback on any claims, because one, my claims (which refer solely to my opinion) are different than those, and two, this is the first I'm hearing of them; I didn't read those posts. It's a very big thread.

Well there would be an intermediate step between those two, wouldn't there? Because people like Geno or Isaac or whoever they are a staple of conversation, so you learn about the character, hopefully explore them a bit, and then come to an opinion based on what you know. You're judging them based on more than the appeal they hold for others; it's not an immediate like because like kinda deal. Or at least, if it is, that's definitely not my thing.

Last edited:

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
I'm of the "I get that Incineroar would fill a role that Smash doesn't really have much of in a Wrestling fighting style but I can think of a number of pokemon I'd consider more appealing choices" group.

Nothing against people routing for Incineroar, and I'd be happy for the ones routing for him nonetheless if he got in. Nonetheless, opinions mean nothing, whoever gets in gets in, regardless of what we personally want, or feel, when it comes to pokemon characters.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Didn't the Castlevania stage show up the week after the Simon was revealed though? (Simon was on the Thursday and then the stage was on the Wednesday after that)

That being the case doesn't that make it look bad for getting a character from a new series if the stage update for this week was unchanged? Why would they have waited for two weeks to show off the new stage?

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yo so, safe to assume the Direct won’t be this week I guess?

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
Patience, friends. I really think it’ll be announced for exactly the same time as last week. And the announcement occurred a few hours from now.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I find Incineroar terribad from top to bottom and I care not who knows it or judges me for it. Everyone is free to come to their own conclusions.
Agreed. Personally, I think it is the worst Pokémon ever designed. Though I love the rest of its line.

Also, I missed the FE talk earlier. But what I want to see is Camelot work with IS to bring back Shining Force. Stupid SEGA owning the IP, though. :(
Unless we threw ATLUS into the mix as well...

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
JaidynReiman JaidynReiman

What is it that makes you think the echo has to be revealed in the same trailer as the unique newcomer?

If the echo being revealed was for example Black Knight, then that character probably wouldn't need a memory since they debuted in the same game as Ike. (I think)

In which case we could get Black Knight and then a completely unrelated newcomer.

Am I missing something?
What you're missing is context.

The fact that there's exactly one newcomer and one Echo, then it moves onto standard content again, explains it all. There's no room for a big influx of information. This is saying that there probably isn't a full segment dedicated to Smash and is just a trailer. Especially when you consider that Directs tend to end on Smash trailers. Having a unique newcomer and Echo in the same trailer doesn't lineup with what we've had before, either.

Basically, there's a chance of it being what you describe... but frankly its not at all likely. The path of least resistance and what is best explained in the given context is its exactly one trailer at the end. If they had a segment on Smash you'd think they'd announce a couple of Echo Fighters, not simply one.

Didn't the Castlevania stage show up the week after the Simon was revealed though? (Simon was on the Thursday and then the stage was on the Wednesday after that)

That being the case doesn't that make it look bad for getting a character from a new series if the stage update for this week was unchanged? Why would they have waited for two weeks to show off the new stage?
It doesn't really affect it in any way. Again, I reiterate, the music and stage typically never are aligned with each other anyway. If the stage was rescheduled, that would be something of note, but just being another stage doesn't say much.

Alucard was posted on the blog the week after Dracula's Castle stage, making it two weeks after the reveal. An easy explanation is they wanted to space out the content.

But I know its going to fall in deaf ears anyway, which is fine. I'm not going to address this anymore because I'm tired of responding to every criticism and it will never end if someone doesn't stop (at least until the Direct airs).

Yo so, safe to assume the Direct won’t be this week I guess?
Um, no? Its definitely going to be this week. Are you forgetting that it was announced Wednesday morning last week as well? All the insiders are reporting it, especially the ones like Nintendo Life who said it'd be Thursday last week. And they also accurately called the Nindie Directs as well. Its happening this Thursday for certain and will be announced around 10 AM PT.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
When people say memory, what does it mean in the context of smash?
Memories show up on the Japanese version of the Smash blog. They are added for fighters to reference their debut game, or an otherwise important game in that character's history. In some instances, its the debut game on a Nintendo platform, like Richter getting Dracula X. In others, they reference a later game, like Peach getting Super Princess Peach or Wario getting WarioWare Gold.

Not all fighters get a memory (and one non-fighter, Sukapon, an AT, did get a memory), but most fighters do get memories.

User Name String

Smash Apprentice
If you want to find out what adept you would be
First, find out your elements from your Astrology Zodiac
  • Fire: Aries, Leo, Sagittarius = Mars
  • Earth: Taurus, Virgo, Capricorn = Venus
  • Air: Gemini, Libra, Aquarius = Jupiter
  • Water: Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces = Mercury
Next, find out your element from your chinese Zodiac
  • Metal: Monkey, Rooster = Venus
  • Wood: Tiger, Rabbit = Jupiter
  • Water: Rat, Pig = Mercury
  • Fire: Horse, Snake = Mars
  • Earth: Dragon, Dog, Ox, Sheep = Venus
(Metal planet in Chinese Zodiac is Venus, and Wood Planet is Jupiter)

Chinese Zodiac's also have a second element to add

• If the last number in your birth year is 0 or 1, your element is Metal.
  • If the last number in your birth year is 2 or 3, your element is Water.
  • If the last number in your birth year is 4 or 5, your element is Wood.
  • If the last number in your birth year is 6 or 7, your element is Fire.
  • If the last number in your birth year is 8 or 9, your element is Earth.
Only 1 element Mono-Elemental
2 elements Dual-Elemental
3 diffrent elements Tri-Elemental

https://goldensunwiki.net/wiki/Character_class
Match it up to your class

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am an Aquarius, Year of the Wood Dog
Two Jupiter One Venus
I would fall under something in the Dual-Elemental

The Chinese Zodiac Year animal is your main element (Mine would be Venus)
The second element and the astrology zodiac are the secondary elements

Venus Adept with 2 Jupiters
So upon correction I would be Jupiter with Two secondary Venus.
So a Jupiter Seer. Could be worse.

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
I'm a Sagittarius, born in 1995, the year of the pig, so I'm a Mercury Adept with a Mars and a Jupiter Djinn. Apparently that means I'm a Medium, I'll take it.

Tiymako

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tiymako
3DS FC
3969-4335-6560
Switch FC
4983-0183-9411
Since we are all doing this, might as well join :D

My elements are Aquarius: Wind and Sheep 1991: Earth/Metal

Neat, so I would be a Jupiter Adept with Double Venus Djinn?

What's my class exactly?

Last edited:

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
That’s the crux of Isaac’s design.

Nothing about his design screams earth Mage.

Everything about his design screams swordsman.

That’s why I can understand the misconceptions. That’s why it’s up to us to enlighten the uninformed instead of scolding them, tbh. They don’t know any better. Sure they could do a simple google search, but eh.

Kalaam

Smash Ace
Well that's also the thing about Adepts, they aren't "mages". Adepts can be any type of people from scholar to soldier to smiths etc. You cannot tell by looking at someone if they are an adept or not. Even though it takes training it does not seem like the standart magic studying you'd see in DnD where a wizard is just that, a wizard who studied magic etc. Seems like there is lot of way to become an adept, given you have enough potential.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Following on this "What Adept I'd be" bandwagon:
August 27th - Virgo - Venus
Chinese Zodiac -Year of the Ox - Earth.
Adding the last number of my birth year - 7, that'd be Fire.

I guess that might mean I'd be a Dual Elemental. 2 Venus and 1 Fire, correct?

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
I also don't see the Lip, Incineroar, Medusa, Gardevoir, etc. threads calling out Isaac like his fans are doing Pokemon. It makes more sense with rivals of the same series like Shadow, Tails, and Eggman fighting for that one spot. Promote Isaac and Golden Sun, don't try to undermine Pokemon as not as exciting or big.

Golden Sun and Isaac do have a solid shot, there's reason to be positive.

Funny enough plenty of people in this thread and others who support Isaac only do so cause they heard about him through Smash fandom. Some of his fans are younger than the games!!! So it is important, especially for a dead series, for the fans to not be off putting.
I don't mean to sound rude, but you're making some rather broad statements and painting the entire Isaac fandom with some rather large brushstrokes. I don't think any of us here are trying to be off-putting and this thread really isn't about Incineroar or a Pokemon or whatever. I take a lot of offence to the fact that you're implying Isaac fans are calling out Pokemon for "not being a hype reveal" as that affects those of us not in the debate as well, as you're referencing the whole thread in your arguments.

I don't tend to talk too much on the boards as I prefer to read and I come here to be among other people out there who support my character, Isaac. That's the point of the support thread, but most of the time I see you posting in this thread, it's to disagree or call us out for "bashing Isaac haters" and other potential Smash reps.

Like, can't we be more positive and focus on this thread's purpose of wanting Isaac? Because that's why I came here in the first place and when I see people coming in specifically to cause complaints or get upset with us for a random statement a user made, it just ruins the entire atmosphere.

Sorry if I'm speaking out of term, thread, but it's never fun waking up, checking the thread only to see people are arguing or debating in a way that feels too hostile, if you know what I mean.

Top Bottom