• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

DogManStar

Smash Ace
Richter had "Richter Crosses Over!" so echoes can have their own taglines I think. Maybe they'll go the referential route and say "Felix leaps into battle!" or something like that.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Isaac shakes things up!

Felix joins the fight! (they give echoes the same tagline don't they?)
Not if they're a part of a cinematic trailer like Richter was with "CROSSES OVER!"

I'll suggest: ISAAC Makes His Move! FELIX Lets Out A Howl!

Honestly, if Isaac gets revealed, perhaps I might just cry as I'm a guy who very rarely cries over anything.
Describes me to a T. Maybe I'd even record my reaction if I could know that my computer wouldn't suddenly lag the stream and ruin the moment. If I have to settle for blowing my friends' ears out on Discord with my screams, I'll be happy with that.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Richter had "Richter Crosses Over!" so echoes can have their own taglines I think. Maybe they'll go the referential route and say "Felix leaps into battle!" or something like that.
True, Richter did get more attention than Chrom and Dark Samus.

If Felix ends up revealed in the same trailer as Isaac, he' probably get his own tagline,

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
I hope beyond hope for Isaac. I would probably bawl. I'll try to stay up for the Stage update, but I need to go to bed at some point lol.

User Name String

Smash Apprentice
Thanks JaidynReiman JaidynReiman for pointing the JSON file thing out. I was talking about this on twitter and on the Source Gaming discord.

But based on that, this is the recent posts and the ids:
Post # | Contents
146 | Pikmin Song
145 | ???
144 | ???
143 | ???
142 | Bowser Video
141 | ???
140 | ???
139 | Toon Link Memories
138 | Toon Link Video
137 | ???
136 | ???
135 | ???
134 | ???
133 | Exeggutor Images
132 | Final Destination Images
131 | Fortress Boss Music

Otherwise they're all in order they're published except 120 and 121 are skipped, and Ness's video is 200 for some reason (Probably a typo, was supposed to be 120).
And 36 and 37 are skipped for whatever reason.
Seems indicative they're skipping posts that may be spoilers. Today's song was probably a new fighter's theme.
I wouldn't doubt that posts have to go through some sort of screening through those on the team before hand and 120 & 121 probably didn't pass.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Felix is pure gravy for me. It's awesome if he's in, sure, but all that really matters personally is that Isaac gets in. Once the foot is in the door, we can talk more Smash characters and even possible Golden Sun reboots.

Also, I've thought a lot about how I'd react to an Isaac trailer too, and I'm pretty sure crying will be involved.

Last edited:

alguidrag

Smash Ace
If you want to find out what adept you would be
First, find out your elements from your Astrology Zodiac
  • Fire: Aries, Leo, Sagittarius = Mars
  • Earth: Taurus, Virgo, Capricorn = Venus
  • Air: Gemini, Libra, Aquarius = Jupiter
  • Water: Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces = Mercury
Next, find out your element from your chinese Zodiac
  • Metal: Monkey, Rooster = Venus
  • Wood: Tiger, Rabbit = Jupiter
  • Water: Rat, Pig = Mercury
  • Fire: Horse, Snake = Mars
  • Earth: Dragon, Dog, Ox, Sheep = Venus
(Metal planet in Chinese Zodiac is Venus, and Wood Planet is Jupiter)

Chinese Zodiac's also have a second element to add

• If the last number in your birth year is 0 or 1, your element is Metal.
  • If the last number in your birth year is 2 or 3, your element is Water.
  • If the last number in your birth year is 4 or 5, your element is Wood.
  • If the last number in your birth year is 6 or 7, your element is Fire.
  • If the last number in your birth year is 8 or 9, your element is Earth.
Only 1 element Mono-Elemental
2 elements Dual-Elemental
3 diffrent elements Tri-Elemental

https://goldensunwiki.net/wiki/Character_class
Match it up to your class

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am an Aquarius, Year of the Wood Dog
Two Jupiter One Venus
I would fall under something in the Dual-Elemental

The Chinese Zodiac Year animal is your main element (Mine would be Venus)
The second element and the astrology zodiac are the secondary elements

Venus Adept with 2 Jupiters
Venus in astrology
Jupiter in chinese
and mercury as second chinese

I'M A FREAKING NINJA!

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
Felix falls off the lighthouse!
Felix checks his limbs!
Felix floats downstream!

Confirmation

Smash Ace
Has anyone pointed out yet that it's a really, really good sign for Golden Sun's future if Isaac and Felix were planned to be released in a normal Direct?

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Has anyone pointed out yet that it's seems really, really good for Golden Sun's future if Isaac and Felix were planned to be released in a normal Direct?
I'm still under the belief that there's no real correlation between the type of event and the type of reveal - outside the fact that E3 usually tends to have at least one megaton newcomer.

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
I don't think anyone pointed it out earlier but, Hideki Sakamoto the person who was the arrangement supervisor for the new Pikmin remix was also the supervisor for the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Main Theme.
The more you know.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'm still under the belief that there's no real correlation between the type of event and the type of reveal - outside the fact that E3 usually tends to have at least one megaton newcomer.
This. I think the order of reveals was pre-ordained from the start. Rumors say Ridley was supposed to be revealed alongside Inklings, which probably meant Simon was planned for E3, but things got shifted around. But that's just rumor obviously.

Given how adamant this game is about the character order, I'm confident they planned every reveal in a specific order, and the type of event is irrelevant. They get revealed when it works out.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Chinese Zodiac has an element for the animal itself, and that animal is associated with a second element based on the exact year it came in.
OK, so... I'm a Saggitarius, which is Fire. And a Wood Ox, so 2x Earth I guess? Embarrass

So apparently I'm a... Brute. :surprised:

...FML

Last edited:

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
I'd cut Ryu, Corrin, Bayo, Miis (counting 'em as one), Roy, and Pichu if it meant getting Isaac as a playable character. Who'd y'all cut?

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
I'd cut Ryu, Corrin, Bayo, Miis (counting 'em as one), Roy, and Pichu if it meant getting Isaac as a playable character. Who'd y'all cut?
i'll be honest i wouldn't cut anyone for one character
having every smash character in one game has been my dream for a long time so i'd rather have all the characters be around, even if it means that my requests wont be in

ZelDan

Smash Master
If I HAD to cut characters

Miis
Doctor Mario
Toon Link
Young Link

Also boo to you for wanting to cut Bayo. Nerfing her would be one thing (I would actually like to see this myself so I could play her and not feel filthy), but Bayo is awesome.

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
If I HAD to cut characters

Miis
Doctor Mario
Toon Link
Young Link

Also boo to you for wanting to cut Bayo. Nerfing her would be one thing (I would actually like to see this myself so I could play her and not feel filthy), but Bayo is awesome.
Bayonetta is one of my favorite fictional characters and game franchises. Balancing her would mean making witch time 1) useless or 2) replacing it. Bayo with a weak witch time/no witch time would be like shulk without the Monado, or Little Mac with no gloves. I just don't think she's cut out for Smash.. I'd love for the team to prove me wrong though, as her announcement launched me well into Jupiter's orbit with hype

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
i'll be honest i wouldn't cut anyone for one character
having every smash character in one game has been my dream for a long time so i'd rather have all the characters be around, even if it means that my requests wont be in
I totally respect that my dude. Just wanted to kill some time lol.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
All these missing blog posts and how the possibility that Isaac is coming. Oh man! Stop me guys! My hype levels are returning! (HYPE INTENSIFIES)

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
All these missing blog posts and how the possibility that Isaac is coming. Oh man! Stop me guys! My hype levels are returning! (HYPE INTENSIFIES)
I wish I could be hype but I'm jaded and bitter, mostly about the already botched online service. As much as I love GS and Isaac, I'm still pessimistic about his chances. I'll never leave the Isaac train, however, not until our boy arrives

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Looking very encouraging for us if these missing blog posts are to be believed! But of course this all depends on whether or not these missing blog posts relate to Isaac, or it could end up being someone else. We'll just have to wait and see, but I think Isaac's chances are pretty good so far.

Confirmation

Smash Ace
Seems the thread is almost fully back on track since last week. If they announce a Direct tomorrow I imagine it'll explode

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Bayonetta is one of my favorite fictional characters and game franchises. Balancing her would mean making witch time 1) useless or 2) replacing it. Bayo with a weak witch time/no witch time would be like shulk without the Monado, or Little Mac with no gloves. I just don't think she's cut out for Smash.. I'd love for the team to prove me wrong though, as her announcement launched me well into Jupiter's orbit with hype
Bayonetta with No witch time is exactly how I play. :p

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Friendly reminder that the original Direct announcement came at 10AM EST last Wednesday, so if it was delayed exactly a week, we could know in just over 10 hours.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
Nope, not at all. My reasoning has nothing to do with this at all, in fact I'm convinced they'd have no idea about a Smash newcomer anyway (there was probably a press event featuring some games revealed so that press outlets could talk about them immediately after the Direct airs). I was trying to avoid saying anything in here, but someone brought it up in here, so I guess I have to explain now. Just take all of this with a grain of salt.

Everything is based on those missing posts. I datamined the site, found out that blog posts are dynamically added from a JSON file (they probably save the data to JSON that's ready to go online). I can't look up information that's not publicly on the site,, but I have been able to confirm that Bowser's ID is 142. People already reported that Toon Link and Toon Link's memory are 138 and 139, respectively, because Toon Link's memory has 139 in the images. That's how people figured out the blog entry ID's.

I was able to determine they store those blog entry ID's somewhere else, and that Bowser is 142. He was pulled back to Sunday. The first day of the week (either Sunday or Monday when they sometimes delay the post a few hours) is always a fighter with no exceptions (I checked). Sometimes they do something after the fighter as well, though.

This means they pulled Bowser back behind Toon Link to fill in a gap on Sunday, the path of least resistance. So its probably an Echo Fighter--WITHOUT a memory. I'm basically certain this is an Echo Fighter and not something else like a Direct post saying "new info revealed in Nintendo Direct" precisely because they pulled Bowser back to fill a gap.

This is in addition to what didn't get revealed on Thursday, as there were three other missing posts. One trailer, one fighter, one memory, most likely.

For the Smash Direct they revealed K. Rool and Simon on the same day on the website, the Echo Fighters lined up the following week. Toon Link means there's no additional information, and its reasonable to say there aren't two new fighters with both missing memories because again, K. Rool and Simon were shown the same day.

As such, there's very likely just ONE trailer to reveal both. That probably means the unique newcomer and Echo are echoing each other, but also debuted in the same game (though this last point isn't a dead set certainty).

There's not a lot of combinations that work with this tidbit. I've considered other possibilities, but there's so few Echo Fighter possibilites from the same series in general in terms of newcomer with an Echo. Trust me, I've been trying to convince myself of other possibilities. Even just getting a newcomer and Echo at the same time is iffy unless they are echoing each other (Dark Samus was revealed long after Ridley and I still think Dixie is getting in as well.)

None of the plausible third-party unique newcomers in consideration really have Echo Fighter possibilities. Geno and Banjo are the big ones and are definitely out. If we dig into others, Globox for Rayman, but they debuted in different games (not a dead set certainty, of course) but Globox is also massively bigger than Rayman, so he might not even work. Crash is extremely unlikely, and again, Coco didn't debut in the same game as him. Sora and Roxas, I guess, but if we get any SE character its probably Geno.

If we delve into first-parties, its really sketchy looking at franchises that already have characters. Again I go back to Ridley and K. Rool. Dixie is still very likely, and Dark Samus came two months after Ridley. Skull Kid doesn't have an Echo candidate for himself. Bandana Waddle Dee does not. A Pokemon newcomer probably doesn't either.

As for insiders, they probably know about games as they were involved with a press event, but would have no idea about a Smash newcomer at all.

If both the music and stage this week do not match with this week's lineup (they should be 140 and 141), I'm fully convinced we're getting a brand new stage as well.

EDIT: I just realized something. You're quoting a much older post I made. When I made that post, I considered it a decent possibility that it could have been Isaac, but not strictly Felix, but it could've been just about anyone. I became convinced of Isaac and Felix after what happened in the spoiler tag above.
Yeah this is the most obvious conclusion as to why they would pull back Bowser. But there are technically other echo possibilities, like if it’s not an echo of the actual character, but it’s from the same series. For example, Skull Kid and Impa (Young Link already had an OoT memory, so that would explain why she doesn’t have one). Or if they’re from different series, but thematically related, like Heihachi and Ken. Or something unexpected like Tails and Shadow.

Still I agree. Seems like Isaac and Felix would fit the bill the most.

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
Ooooh boy, could this be the time for our Golden Boy?

By the way if Isaac gets reveal in the direct, how would you guys celebrate?
I'll play through the games again if he gets reveal.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Something kind of interesting is that the September direct last year was also on the 13th.

I know this because I was scrolling through youtube, saw a thumbnail with the words "Nintendo direct" and 9.13" and was about to get hype, but then noticed the "2017..."

Youtube trolled me hard right there...

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Ooooh boy, could this be the time for our Golden Boy?

By the way if Isaac gets reveal in the direct, how would you guys celebrate?
I'll play through the games again if he gets reveal.
My dream scenario includes a Golden Sun release on Switch post-Direct, so hopefully my celebration involves putting my money where my mouth is.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yeah this is the most obvious conclusion as to why they would pull back Bowser. But there are technically other echo possibilities, like if it’s not an echo of the actual character, but it’s from the same series. For example, Skull Kid and Impa (Young Link already had an OoT memory, so that would explain why she doesn’t have one). Or if they’re from different series, but thematically related, like Heihachi and Ken. Or something unexpected like Tails and Shadow.

Still I agree. Seems like Isaac and Felix would fit the bill the most.
I've already accounted for that factor. The main point to note is that Dark Samus is an Echo, and was not revealed at the same time as Ridley. There's also a pretty good chance an Echo Fighter gets their own memory (the only one so far not to have one is Chrom), and this new Echo isn't getting one either.

The Echo and newcomer are probably in the same trailer, given there isn't any sort of big blowout of content because Toon Link was released right on schedule. It seems to be just one trailer, probably at the end of the Direct. Meaning the Echo and unique newcomer have to have a close connection. We're not going to get Impa randomly revealed in a Skull Kid trailer, the two have nothing to do with each other. Impa would be revealed on her own at a later date, like Dark Samus was and Dixie still could.

Also I think Impa would probably be based on Skyward Sword anyway, so she'd get a Skyward Sword memory, but that's obviously speculation and not anything meaningful. The bigger point is that Impa and Skull Kid wouldn't get revealed in the same trailer. At least its reasonable of an idea for it to happen with Dixie and K. Rool (which it didn't) because she could have literally popped in at any time during the trailer to help DK and Diddy and it would've still flowed perfectly with what was going on.

Top Bottom