• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Klimax

Smash Ace
I started to play Golden Sun this morning. Sadly, i forgot to save and it was a bit frustrating since I was at the moment when Flint joined me. So I lost like, I don't know, one hour ?
But I like the story, so... I already replayed this part. This time, I saved my progression ! :laugh:
I'll continue to play tomorrow, from what I heard, the musics are really great. I'm sure I'll love the game.

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
Cool to see all these people playing GS for the first time!
Hope you are all enjoying it!

If Isaac himself is getting people to try and play GS, I think a reboot of GS would do well for Nintendo.

Also
Did you guys all look up your astrology sign, Chinese Zodiac, and Zodiac element to find your GS Class?

Would be cool to see how many different "adepts" we have here
My Chinese zodiac is the Dragon (since I was born in 2000), Also my astrology zodiac is Sagittarius.
I looked up my element zodiac it says my element is Fire.

I'm stoked about this, I share the same elemental class with Garet and Jenna. The only sad thing about this is that Mars don't have that much utility psynergy (Although Blaze, Thermal and Aura are pretty awesome), but I always love discovering new utility psynergy to use for my party.

Edit: Also since my last number in my birth is "0," that means I'm Metal.
Dragon = Earth
Sagittarius = Fire
2000 = Metal

Last edited:

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
My astrological element is a little weird.

I'm a Goat, which is earth
I'm a metal Goat, which is also earth

But I'm on the Cusp of Libra (Air) and Scorpio (Water)

With a max of 9 Djinn, 3 parts makes sense, but 4 parts doesn't really

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
So the question is, what number is that Pikmin music file going to be, in regards to the blog numbers.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
So the question is, what number is that Pikmin music file going to be, in regards to the blog numbers.
I don't believe there will be any obvious number with the music blog post once it's up (they're text only, no picture/video), but there should be a second blog post we can pull a number from.

Last edited:

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
As a Pikmin fan, I do like this new remix. Pikmin has not really had many good remixes in Smash so this is nice. (Man, now I want Pikmin 4:()
Anyway, I am sure Nintendo will announce the new time for the Direct within the next 24 hours. (At least that is what I think they will do).

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Shower thought: we still don't have any arrangements on the music page from Golden Sun composer Motoi Sakuraba, even though we know he's one of the arrangers working on the game. The only song we know of from him is "Vs. Parasite Queen" from Metroid Prime, and the clip we have sounds uncannily like a higher-quality Golden Sun track. With any luck that's because he's been busy updating his previous work and not just a fluke...

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
Shower thought: we still don't have any arrangements on the music page from Golden Sun composer Motoi Sakuraba, even though we know he's one of the arrangers working on the game. The only song we know of from him is "Vs. Parasite Queen" from Metroid Prime, and the clip we have sounds uncannily like a higher-quality Golden Sun track. With any luck that's because he's been busy updating his previous work and not just a fluke...
I completely forgot about that. That Parasite Queen remix sounds awesome! It is a little weird that we have not seen much of him but, remember Smash games nowadays have a LOT of composers arranging tracks. I am sure there are some composers that have yet to be seen.

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
So this lends full credence to Jaidyn's theory on Isaac being the newcomer. I don't want to overhype myself but I've been saying for the past month that I felt Isaac would be next if he was in and it scary knowing I could be proven right when the Direct happens.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
So this lends full credence to Jaidyn's theory on Isaac being the newcomer. I don't want to overhype myself but I've been saying for the past month that I felt Isaac would be next if he was in and it scary knowing I could be proven right when the Direct happens.
I kinda knew he would get in for a while.

I just didn't know WHEN he would get in.

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman

If Isaac himself is getting people to try and play GS, I think a reboot of GS would do well for Nintendo.

Also
Did you guys all look up your astrology sign, Chinese Zodiac, and Zodiac element to find your GS Class?

I am Aquarius, so I am air, and my chinese is year of the rabbit and fire.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
If that's true, then it seems we were supposed to get a different music track this week! ISAAC HOPE INTENSIFIES

(Ninja'd by hype posting)
If this theory does turn out to be true, then i might've called him being revealed in this direct.

Also that "leaker" actually was a leaker.

Yoshi444

Smash Apprentice
As a Pikmin fan, I do like this new remix. Pikmin has not really had many good remixes in Smash so this is nice. (Man, now I want Pikmin 4:()
Anyway, I am sure Nintendo will announce the new time for the Direct within the next 24 hours. (At least that is what I think they will do).
Pikmin is in my top 3 series beside Mario and Golden Sun.
If M̶i̶y̶a̶m̶o̶t̶o̶ Nintendo had never added Olimar in Brawl, I would be asking for him right now. Such an underrated series like Golden Sun, thank godness Pikmin has Miyamoto as a creator to influenced Sakurai to put Olimar. He is one of the most original fighters in Smash.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
https://www.smashbros.com/data/bs/ja_JP/json/ja_JP.json

Code:
"title":{"rendered":"146-\u3010\u304d\u3087\u3046\u306e\u97f3\u697d\u3011"}
Towards the top you can see this line. The 146 signifies that this update is update 146. Bowser is 142. Toon Link and Toon Link's memory is 138 and 139, respectively.

140 and 141 are still missing. I'm assuming tomorrow's update will be 143 (unless its something relevant to the new reveals). Sunday will be 144 and Monday 145. If the stage tonight is not 141, I'm absolutely certain 141 is a brand new stage.

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
It actually makes a scary amount of sense that Motoi Sakuraba will probably have composed whatever Golden Sun track appears in-game since they are showing a new composer per track on the site.

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman

Also

So i am double air, and fire. Dont remember what class that would be.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
I completely forgot about that. That Parasite Queen remix sounds awesome! It is a little weird that we have not seen much of him but, remember Smash games nowadays have a LOT of composers arranging tracks. I am sure there are some composers that have yet to be seen.
I don't disagree, and he's done ten tracks for the previous two Smash games (7 in Brawl, 3 more in Sm4sh), so it's not like it's surprising he's working on the game. I'm just hoping that this time he's getting to do more Golden Sun tracks like he did back in Brawl.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
https://www.smashbros.com/data/bs/ja_JP/json/ja_JP.json

Code:
"title":{"rendered":"146-\u3010\u304d\u3087\u3046\u306e\u97f3\u697d\u3011"}
Towards the top you can see this line. The 146 signifies that this update is update 146. Bowser is 142. Toon Link and Toon Link's memory is 138 and 139, respectively.

140 and 141 are still missing. I'm assuming tomorrow's update will be 143 (unless its something relevant to the new reveals). Sunday will be 144 and Monday 145. If the stage tonight is not 141, I'm absolutely certain 141 is a brand new stage.
Time out: are we really missing 5-6 slots that basically got skipped over right now? o_o

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Time out: are we really missing 5-6 slots that basically got skipped over right now? o_o
It's hard to say just how much is missing since we're all out of order right now. We only get one music post per week regardless, thus the larger gap today, and even the two characters we've gotten this week were apparently supposed to be the other way around initially. Really the important news right now is that we apparently were supposed to get a new stage and corresponding music track, which is fantastic news for us Isaac fans.

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
Because I do not want to get my hopes too high, all I am taking away from this update is that the newcomer for the direct is not from the Pikmin series (to the surprise of nobody). (Again I am a Pikmin fan but, even I think the idea of another unique Pikmin series character being added is extremely unlikely at best.)

iam8bit

Smash Ace
So... how are you guys getting 3 elements? Regular Zodiac, Chinese Zodiac and... ? Not sure how you get 2 elements from the Chinese one. :lol:

Wait, I saw JaidynReiman JaidynReiman 's post earlier but when was that related to Isaac? Couldn't the blog post numbers relate to any new character basically?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
So to be clear, it's:

133 > Alolan Exeggutor (last Wed)
134 > ??? (Notice of update/direct? Something else?)
135 > ??? (Reveal trailer? - originally planned for last Thurs?)
136 > ??? (Character trailer? - originally planned for Sun?)
137 > ??? (Memory? - originally planned for Sun?)
138 > Toon Link (Mon)
139 > Toon Link's memory (Mon)
140 > ??? (music)
141 > ??? (stage? - possible reveal later today)
142 > Bowser (Sun)
146 > Pikmin Theme (Tues)

That right?

Last edited:

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
So... how are you guys getting 3 elements? Regular Zodiac, Chinese Zodiac and... ? Not sure how you get 2 elements from the Chinese one. :lol:
Chinese Zodiac has an element for the animal itself, and that animal is associated with a second element based on the exact year it came in.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
So to be clear, it's:

133 > Alolan Exeggutor (last Wed)
134 > ??? (Notice of update/direct? Something else?)
135 > ??? (Reveal trailer? - originally planned for last Thurs?)
136 > ??? (Character trailer? - originally planned for Sun?)
137 > ??? (Memory? - originally planned for Sun?)
138 > Toon Link (Mon)
139 > Toon Link's memory (Mon)
140 > ??? (music)
141 > ??? (stage? - possible reveal later today)
142 > Bowser (Sun)
146 > Pikmin Theme (Tues)

That right?
Basically, although judging by the Smash Direct the trailer would be 134 and the website update post would likely be 135. This would solidify the Smash presence in the Direct as being a single character trailer with no echo, probably from a unrepresented game or franchise since we're also getting a stage.

EDIT: Bowser would be Wednesday; 143 I'd guess is a miscellaneous post on Thursday (AT, Pokemon, or item), and 144/145 would be a character with memory on Sunday.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Basically, although judging by the Smash Direct the trailer would be 134 and the website update post would likely be 135. This would solidify the Smash presence in the Direct as being a single character trailer with no echo, probably from a unrepresented game or franchise since we're also getting a stage.
The part you're forgetting is that Bowser was pulled back to Monday. Before Toon Link, whose number is less than Bowser. Bowser was pulled back to fill a gap.

This spells trailer, character, memory, and Echo. There won't be a "website update" post because these are the only relevant things going out. The website update post for the Smash Direct announced that various updates went and and new pages were made available.

It's hard to say just how much is missing since we're all out of order right now. We only get one music post per week regardless, thus the larger gap today, and even the two characters we've gotten this week were apparently supposed to be the other way around initially. Really the important news right now is that we apparently were supposed to get a new stage and corresponding music track, which is fantastic news for us Isaac fans.
Stage wasn't confirmed yet. They'll probably reveal one in a few hours and anyone can check the image URL and see what ID it is. If it's 147, that basically guarantees a brand new stage. If it's not... It doesn't deconfirm a brand new stage but it doesn't do anything at all really.

Dracula's Castle was revealed on the website a week later. But it makes the most sense that they'd reveal the stage and music in the same update if they can.

Last edited:

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
The part you're forgetting is that Bowser was pulled back to Monday. Before Toon Link, whose number is less than Bowser. Bowser was pulled back to fill a gap.

This spells trailer, character, memory, and Echo. There won't be a "website update" post because these are the only relevant things going out. The website update post for the Smash Direct announced that various updates went and and new pages were made available.
We've also never seen an update with just a single character trailer, so we have no evidence that we wouldn't get a post saying the website is updated when the only change is adding a character and stage. My educated guess is we get that and and do not get an echo, but obviously I could be wrong on that front. Bowser being moved is accounted for in my analysis.

Stage wasn't confirmed yet. They'll probably reveal one in a few hours and anyone can check the image URL and see what ID it is. If it's 147, that basically guarantees a brand new stage. If it's not... It doesn't deconfirm a brand new stage but it doesn't do anything at all really.

Dracula's Castle was revealed on the website a week later. But it makes the most sense that they'd reveal the stage and music in the same update if they can.
This is true; I'm just going by what we know right now, and that evidence suggests that a new stage and corresponding song is a strong possiblity. Guess we'll find out once the blog updates!

Last edited:

Isaac4SmashUltimate

Smash Apprentice
I summon Isaac to the field! Honestly, his reveal trailer would be more amazing than Little Mac's reveal trailer and Captain Falcon reveal in the Robin and Lucina reveal trailer where he fights them.

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
What if isaac's trailer starts with Link, Marth, and Shulk fighting Rathalos in Colosseum? Link, Marth, and Shulk all appeared in Shulk's reveal trailer and the studio that did that one is the same one doing these trailers (right?) so they'd have those assets to use.

Kewl0210

Smash Apprentice
Thanks JaidynReiman JaidynReiman for pointing the JSON file thing out. I was talking about this on twitter and on the Source Gaming discord.

But based on that, this is the recent posts and the ids:
Post # | Contents
146 | Pikmin Song
145 | ???
144 | ???
143 | ???
142 | Bowser Video
141 | ???
140 | ???
139 | Toon Link Memories
138 | Toon Link Video
137 | ???
136 | ???
135 | ???
134 | ???
133 | Exeggutor Images
132 | Final Destination Images
131 | Fortress Boss Music

Otherwise they're all in order they're published except 120 and 121 are skipped, and Ness's video is 200 for some reason (Probably a typo, was supposed to be 120).
And 36 and 37 are skipped for whatever reason.
Seems indicative they're skipping posts that may be spoilers. Today's song was probably a new fighter's theme.

Top Bottom