• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Kalaam

Smash Ace
Aries - Fire
Dog (94) Wood
Dog - Earth.
...Am I a californian forest ?

What kind of class is this ? ._.

Last edited:

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
Scorpio(Water)
Tiger(Wood)
Tiger 98(Earth)

I guess I'm Mercury with Earth and Wood

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I've mentioned it before and I'll say it again. Two insiders have already reported a piece of content in the Direct was part of the reason for the delay, as it'd be insensitive given the timing. Probably won't get removed or anything, but it was one reason to push it back. They said it was "a game gets shown off and it'll be very obvious once it gets shown". It could be a Smash trailer, or more likely a new game entirely, but either way, several people have brought this up as well.

That's not the ONLY reason, but it is one reason in delaying the Direct.
It's the "very obvious once it gets shown" part that stands out to me. I'm not sure if general destruction or even buildings falling down would count as "very obvious".

Maybe I'm just seeing what I want to see though...

Edit: I just looked it up and apparently a specific game was mentioned by one of the insiders, so it probably is a different game after all.

JaidynReiman JaidynReiman This wasn't your reasoning for Isaac being revealed in the direct was it? Because this makes it sound like he's less likely, not more. Are the two insiders you're talking about Stealth and makomaro?

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Libra - Air
Snake ('89) - Earth
Snake - Fire

So Wind, Earth, and Fire.

Ooo, I got three elements. I'm a wildcard.
Damn it, you're a Ninja.

All of your Psynergy is of an Offensive type; Gale series, Punji series, Fire Bomb series, Mist, Thunderclap series, Death Plunge, Shuriken, Annihilation.

They're super fast and hard hitting, but lack Support Psynergy, so will almost certainly need back-up.
Hoping the Golden Sun Savants of this thread can help answer a few of my questions:

When I played through Golden Sun and the Lost Age a LONG time ago; I've always thought Felix was the main character / protagonist. He was actually who I voted for in the ballot. It just seemed that his story/plight was that he was working towards lighting the Lighthouses, while his old friends were working against him not knowing he was actually a good guy. Why is Isaac considered the main hero?

Additionally Isaac received part of the Golden Sun along with Alex. What exactly does that mean? Does it make him more powerful?

Thanks! And good luck to Isaac and hopefully Felix as an echo! I had mentioned it before in the past to be added as a supporter but I'm not sure if I was added or not. Please add me when possible :)
In my eyes, Isaac and Felix are the joint protagonists (they can both wield the Sol Blade, for instance, when noone else can, besides Matthew).

They're equally important, but it'd take a while to fully explain it.

Last edited:

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
If you want to find out what adept you would be
First, find out your elements from your Astrology Zodiac
  • Fire: Aries, Leo, Sagittarius = Mars
  • Earth: Taurus, Virgo, Capricorn = Venus
  • Air: Gemini, Libra, Aquarius = Jupiter
  • Water: Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces = Mercury
Next, find out your element from your chinese Zodiac
  • Metal: Monkey, Rooster = Venus
  • Wood: Tiger, Rabbit = Jupiter
  • Water: Rat, Pig = Mercury
  • Fire: Horse, Snake = Mars
  • Earth: Dragon, Dog, Ox, Sheep = Venus
(Metal planet in Chinese Zodiac is Venus, and Wood Planet is Jupiter)

Chinese Zodiac's also have a second element to add

• If the last number in your birth year is 0 or 1, your element is Metal.
  • If the last number in your birth year is 2 or 3, your element is Water.
  • If the last number in your birth year is 4 or 5, your element is Wood.
  • If the last number in your birth year is 6 or 7, your element is Fire.
  • If the last number in your birth year is 8 or 9, your element is Earth.
Only 1 element Mono-Elemental
2 elements Dual-Elemental
3 diffrent elements Tri-Elemental

https://goldensunwiki.net/wiki/Character_class
Match it up to your class

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am an Aquarius, Year of the Wood Dog
Two Jupiter One Venus
I would fall under something in the Dual-Elemental

The Chinese Zodiac Year animal is your main element (Mine would be Venus)
The second element and the astrology zodiac are the secondary elements

Venus Adept with 2 Jupiters

KMDP

Smash Legend
For the purposes of balance, I'll consider "Wood" to be "Wind/Air", because otherwise nobody would get Wind Djinn. XD
Aries - Fire
Dog (94) Wood
Dog - Earth.
...Am I a californian forest ?

What kind of class is this ? ._.
You're a Ninja!
Scorpio(Water)
Tiger(Wood)
Tiger 98(Earth)

I guess I'm Mercury with Earth and Wood
Mercury Adepts with Venus and Jupiter Djinn are in the Medium class.
Offensive Psynergy series: Bolt, Froth, Drain, Psy Drain​
Support Psynergy series: Cure, Revive​
Status Psynergy: Haunt, Curse, Condemn​

The Medium class is generally less good than the White Mage class, but have some benefits in the form of gaining their Psynergy much earlier and requiring less Djinn to make them, their offensive Psynergy is also cheaper.
Virgo - Earth
Rat - Water
'96 Rat - Fire
So what am I?
Venus Adept + Mercury and Mars Djinn = Dragoon
Offensive Psynergy series: Thorn, Blast (Fiery Blast), Cutting Edge​
Support Psynergy series: Ply, Wish, Cure Poison, Restore, Avoid​
Dragoons are really well-rounded and sturdy, They're pretty slow, have an average amount of Psynergy and their offensive Psynergy are somewhat weak, but they excel at supporting the faster healers, and their natural sturdiness means they can take attacks that other healers (e.g. White Mage) cannot.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Who's talking **** about one of my favorite games of all time behind my back? I will beat em up!

Just kidding, it is fine. Everyone has differing opinions and things they find most important when designing games. :p
I didn't hate For the Frog the Bell Tolls. I thought it had a very noble concept, and it gave us one of the best engines on the GameBoy family that gave us classics. The structure made it clear that you had to explore if you wanted to advance in the game, which meant it drew heavily from the early Zelda titles, but also presented the challenge of making your own difficulty, depending on your awareness of the game's rules.

The first problem I had was that the game got confusing very early, leading through much trial and error, since I had no idea to explore every nook and cranny just to take down the Evil Tree. The second problem was item management, which has always been a design flaw I didn't like in early games, in the fact that Snake Eggs and Joy Fruits had to be bought in plentiful supply at every turn. I'm still going to finish it, of course, and maybe as I get further along, I will start to enjoy the game, because honestly, Smash Bros.'s Assist Trophies had me interested in trying out where they came from. In Brawl, it was Drill Dozer & Helirin. 4 had this title, and Ultimate will likely have me finally try Shovel Knight.

I actually have a lengthy list of third-party Assist Trophies that would be pretty neat to see, although it's pure conjecture.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
you are also a band
Damn it, you're a Ninja.

All of your Psynergy is of an Offensive type; Gale series, Punji series, Fire Bomb series, Mist, Thunderclap series, Death Plunge, Shuriken, Annihilation.

They're super fast and hard hitting, but lack Support Psynergy, so will almost certainly need back-up.
So I'm a wildcard ninja in a band. Who wants to be my backup Psynergy singers?

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
If you want to find out what adept you would be
First, find out your elements from your Astrology Zodiac
  • Fire: Aries, Leo, Sagittarius = Mars
  • Earth: Taurus, Virgo, Capricorn = Venus
  • Air: Gemini, Libra, Aquarius = Jupiter
  • Water: Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces = Mercury
Next, find out your element from your chinese Zodiac
  • Metal: Monkey, Rooster = Venus
  • Wood: Tiger, Rabbit = Jupiter
  • Water: Rat, Pig = Mercury
  • Fire: Horse, Snake = Mars
  • Earth: Dragon, Dog, Ox, Sheep = Venus
(Metal planet in Chinese Zodiac is Venus, and Wood Planet is Jupiter)

Chinese Zodiac's also have a second element to add

• If the last number in your birth year is 0 or 1, your element is Metal.
  • If the last number in your birth year is 2 or 3, your element is Water.
  • If the last number in your birth year is 4 or 5, your element is Wood.
  • If the last number in your birth year is 6 or 7, your element is Fire.
  • If the last number in your birth year is 8 or 9, your element is Earth.
Only 1 element Mono-Elemental
2 elements Dual-Elemental
3 diffrent elements Tri-Elemental

https://goldensunwiki.net/wiki/Character_class
Match it up to your class

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two Jupiter One Venus

Ok so...

I'm an Aries, Year of the Metal Sheep (Goat?)
Two Venus, One Mars

I'm not really sure what class that makes me...

Nossnitro102

Smash Journeyman
If I recall I was a water water fire and had a decent setup that wasn't too bad.
But that aside..
Yesterday I lost my battle against a certain fish on 15. I was actually salty. Guess a second attempt today.

KMDP

Smash Legend
So I'm a wildcard ninja in a band. Who wants to be my backup Psynergy singers?
I'm actually in the Brute class series (2 Venus, 1 Mars)

The best support I get is reducing the enemy's attack... though I also get Revive. Other than that it's mostly offense.

At least I get Growth natively.

Also the Brute Class series has the best Attack modifier.
Ok so...

I'm an Aries, Year of the Metal Sheep (Goat?)
Two Venus, One Mars

I'm not really sure what class that makes me...
You're in the same class set as me (Brute), we're either Ruffians or Savages.

Let's just say we're Savages, so we get most of the Psynergy. :laugh:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Which version of DQ 11 would you recommend ? I heard switch version was different.
In Japan, gamers got two versions; PS4 and 3DS. The PS4 was the "de facto" edition, that had everything. The 3DS was heavily scaled back and felt more like the appetizer, but it had a very novel touch that I wished more games did, and that was how when you had missions, you could replay the game in the earlier installment's design (Famicom graphics for I to IV, Super Famicom for V & VI, and 3D graphics for VII onwards, although VII still maintained sprites with rendered backgrounds, and that was mostly for the engine's sake).

The Switch version isn't even out yet; it's still speculated upon.

Though, as an Xbox One owner, I'm bummed PCs got it but you can't buy a digital version for the One.

Since we mentioned the RPG Japan loves but the rest of the world doesn't care about (which is Dragon Quest), the only way I see Smash representation in Ultimate is via the Slime. The Slime is known worldwide, and unlike the Heroes, who while they possess unique talents and are critical to each story they are in, because they are supposed to be the avatar of the player, they tend to have the personality of dull dishwater. This is something that Golden Sun has managed to avoid (mostly) when the guy you play doesn't speak, because you have the ability to decide his personality based upon your reactions. It may seem like a slap on the face to some that one of the most iconic franchises in gaming history is rendered to a mere cameo, but the unfortunate reality is that there are just too many barriers Dragon Quest has against it that limit its worldwide appear (designed by an obvious artist whose style involves an obvious franchise, lack of immersion due to a silent and vacant protagonist, you find out the real threat at the very end of the game instead of being built up to it, leading to false conclusions), which are what make it so loved in Japan.

BTW, I'm super stoked Dragon Quest Builders 2 finally got a release date! It looks like it will be so much more fun than the original, which I enjoyed but could point out the flaws easily with one hand.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I'll be honest, the first time I heard This remix, I thought it sucked.

But maybe the DS Speakers weren't good, because with headphones, this is amazing.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
JaidynReiman JaidynReiman This wasn't your reasoning for Isaac being revealed in the direct was it? Because this makes it sound like he's less likely, not more. Are the two insiders you're talking about Stealth and makomaro?
Nope, not at all. My reasoning has nothing to do with this at all, in fact I'm convinced they'd have no idea about a Smash newcomer anyway (there was probably a press event featuring some games revealed so that press outlets could talk about them immediately after the Direct airs). I was trying to avoid saying anything in here, but someone brought it up in here, so I guess I have to explain now. Just take all of this with a grain of salt.

Everything is based on those missing posts. I datamined the site, found out that blog posts are dynamically added from a JSON file (they probably save the data to JSON that's ready to go online). I can't look up information that's not publicly on the site,, but I have been able to confirm that Bowser's ID is 142. People already reported that Toon Link and Toon Link's memory are 138 and 139, respectively, because Toon Link's memory has 139 in the images. That's how people figured out the blog entry ID's.

I was able to determine they store those blog entry ID's somewhere else, and that Bowser is 142. He was pulled back to Sunday. The first day of the week (either Sunday or Monday when they sometimes delay the post a few hours) is always a fighter with no exceptions (I checked). Sometimes they do something after the fighter as well, though.

This means they pulled Bowser back behind Toon Link to fill in a gap on Sunday, the path of least resistance. So its probably an Echo Fighter--WITHOUT a memory. I'm basically certain this is an Echo Fighter and not something else like a Direct post saying "new info revealed in Nintendo Direct" precisely because they pulled Bowser back to fill a gap.

This is in addition to what didn't get revealed on Thursday, as there were three other missing posts. One trailer, one fighter, one memory, most likely.

For the Smash Direct they revealed K. Rool and Simon on the same day on the website, the Echo Fighters lined up the following week. Toon Link means there's no additional information, and its reasonable to say there aren't two new fighters with both missing memories because again, K. Rool and Simon were shown the same day.

As such, there's very likely just ONE trailer to reveal both. That probably means the unique newcomer and Echo are echoing each other, but also debuted in the same game (though this last point isn't a dead set certainty).

There's not a lot of combinations that work with this tidbit. I've considered other possibilities, but there's so few Echo Fighter possibilites from the same series in general in terms of newcomer with an Echo. Trust me, I've been trying to convince myself of other possibilities. Even just getting a newcomer and Echo at the same time is iffy unless they are echoing each other (Dark Samus was revealed long after Ridley and I still think Dixie is getting in as well.)

None of the plausible third-party unique newcomers in consideration really have Echo Fighter possibilities. Geno and Banjo are the big ones and are definitely out. If we dig into others, Globox for Rayman, but they debuted in different games (not a dead set certainty, of course) but Globox is also massively bigger than Rayman, so he might not even work. Crash is extremely unlikely, and again, Coco didn't debut in the same game as him. Sora and Roxas, I guess, but if we get any SE character its probably Geno.

If we delve into first-parties, its really sketchy looking at franchises that already have characters. Again I go back to Ridley and K. Rool. Dixie is still very likely, and Dark Samus came two months after Ridley. Skull Kid doesn't have an Echo candidate for himself. Bandana Waddle Dee does not. A Pokemon newcomer probably doesn't either.

As for insiders, they probably know about games as they were involved with a press event, but would have no idea about a Smash newcomer at all.

If both the music and stage this week do not match with this week's lineup (they should be 140 and 141), I'm fully convinced we're getting a brand new stage as well.

EDIT: I just realized something. You're quoting a much older post I made. When I made that post, I considered it a decent possibility that it could have been Isaac, but not strictly Felix, but it could've been just about anyone. I became convinced of Isaac and Felix after what happened in the spoiler tag above.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Two Jupiter One Venus

Looks like I'm same, except Libra.

Would that make me a Wind Seer or Apprentice?

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Rooster- Venus
Rooster 93- Mercury
Libra- Jupiter

So... the site linked doesn't work on my phone what would I be?

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Hoping the Golden Sun Savants of this thread can help answer a few of my questions:

When I played through Golden Sun and the Lost Age a LONG time ago; I've always thought Felix was the main character / protagonist. He was actually who I voted for in the ballot. It just seemed that his story/plight was that he was working towards lighting the Lighthouses, while his old friends were working against him not knowing he was actually a good guy. Why is Isaac considered the main hero?

Additionally Isaac received part of the Golden Sun along with Alex. What exactly does that mean? Does it make him more powerful?

Thanks! And good luck to Isaac and hopefully Felix as an echo! I had mentioned it before in the past to be added as a supporter but I'm not sure if I was added or not. Please add me when possible :)
There are many reasons why Isaac is considered the representative of the franchise.

One reason is the most simple. It is because he was the first protagonist that we controlled, and the one who started the series. First characters almost always get preference to be the series mascot. Also players were more likely to form an attachment to him rather than Felix who was first portrayed as an antagonist before he became playable in the second game.

Another more detailed reason is the whole arc that Isaac has throughout both games, that Felix lacks. Namely, the test that the Wise One made Isaac go through. Having initially lied to Isaac about the doom that the elemental lighthouses bring and sent him on a quest to prevent their lighting. With the Mars Star in tow, which would initially make no sense, but it was there since the Wise One's goal was to let Isaac find out the truth on his own (through Felix and co.) and to make his own judgement to light the last lighthouse with his former rivals. This ends up involving Felix as well at the top of Mars Lighthouse when they are forced to fight the Doom Dragon, who was actually the dragon form of Isaac's father and Felix's parents. The conclusion is at the top of Mt. Aleph, where it is revealed that the Wise One indeed chose to infuse the Mars Star with energy to divert the Mars part of the Golden Sun to Isaac, showing that he had indeed passed the test and had been entrusted with a portion of the Golden Sun's power. This act makes Isaac slightly more important than Felix even though Isaac was the deuteragonist in the second game, not the protagonist.

Third is Isaac's appearance in GS3 and his son being the protagonist. Camelot chose Isaac as the character to pass on the torch to his son to continue the series, rather than Felix being the older wiser character instead. Matthew also looks almost exactly like Isaac, except with a modern design, so he makes Isaac's face more iconic to the franchise again.

That's my reasoning anyway. Feel free to correct me if you think I got something wrong or missed something.

Edit: Adding what JaidynReiman JaidynReiman said below, since Isaac got a part of the Golden Sun, Alex did not inherit that part. Which means that Alex has to go through Isaac to complete his goals of achieving power over all alchemy. So Isaac has a link to the main antagonist, making him the most important protagonist in the series.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
There are many reasons why Isaac is considered the representative of the franchise.

One reason is the most simple. It is because he was the first protagonist that we controlled, and the one who started the series. First characters almost always get preference to be the series mascot. Also players were more likely to form an attachment to him rather than Felix who was first portrayed as an antagonist before he became playable in the second game.

Another more detailed reason is the whole arc that Isaac has throughout both games, that Felix lacks. Namely, the test that the Wise One made Isaac go through. Having initially lied to Isaac about the doom that the elemental lighthouses bring and sent him on a quest to prevent their lighting. With the Mars Star in tow, which would initially make no sense, but it was there since the Wise One's goal was to let Isaac find out the truth on his own (through Felix and co.) and to make his own judgement to light the last lighthouse with his former rivals. This ends up involving Felix as well at the top of Mars Lighthouse when they are forced to fight the Doom Dragon, who was actually the dragon form of Isaac's father and Felix's parents. The conclusion is at the top of Mt. Aleph, where it is revealed that the Wise One indeed chose to infuse the Mars Star with energy to divert the Mars part of the Golden Sun to Isaac, showing that he had indeed passed the test and had been entrusted with a portion of the Golden Sun's power. This act makes Isaac slightly more important than Felix even though Isaac was the deuteragonist in the second game, not the protagonist.

Third is Isaac's appearance in GS3 and his son being the protagonist. Camelot chose Isaac as the character to pass on the torch to his son to continue the series, rather than Felix being the older wiser character instead. Matthew also looks almost exactly like Isaac, except with a modern design, so he makes Isaac's face more iconic to the franchise again.

That's my reasoning anyway. Feel free to correct me if you think I got something wrong or missed something.
Not only does Isaac inherit a piece of the Golden Sun, it also means Alex did NOT. Which further means that to conclude the storyline, there's an unresolved conflict that is mandatory between Isaac and Alex. Positioning Isaac as the single most important protagonist in the series.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
There might be, but its probably the case that Felix fans are holed up in here instead.
No, there isn’t any.

This thread is basically everything Golden Sun related anyways, so I wouldn’t be surprised if by any chance this thread is sorta both a Isaac/Felix thread.

In any case, what are your guys thoughts on Felix being an echo of Isaac? Does Felix do some of the same stuff as Isaac to be possible.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Not only does Isaac inherit a piece of the Golden Sun, it also means Alex did NOT. Which further means that to conclude the storyline, there's an unresolved conflict that is mandatory between Isaac and Alex. Positioning Isaac as the single most important protagonist in the series.
Right, I forgot to include that link. The person portrayed as the main villain of the series has to go through Isaac to reach his goals.

KMDP

Smash Legend
No, there isn’t any.

This thread is basically everything Golden Sun related anyways, so I wouldn’t be surprised if by any chance this thread is sorta both a Isaac/Felix thread.

In any case, what are your guys thoughts on Felix being an echo of Isaac? Does Felix do some of the same stuff as Isaac to be possible.
Yes, Felix can do everything Isaac can do.

Though Felix gets the Sand Psynergy, which Isaac doesn't get.

Isaac does get the Catch Beads from his mother (I mean, why would you give them to anyone else?)

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
No, there isn’t any.

Pretty much. He was almost exactly like Isaac in the Golden Sun games, except slightly slower but with more attack. A lower luck stat as well. Both had the potential to wield the ultimate weapon, the Sol Blade.

Felix actually had one bonus over Isaac. He could use "Sand", a psynergy that you learn after beating Gaia Rock. Isaac could not since it was not an item based equippable psynergy. Although in theory, Felix could probably teach Sand to Isaac like how Hama taught Ivan Reveal.

Last edited:

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
Speaking of Felix...

View attachment 163408
Here's the Djinn set-up for my party in Lost Age, having just gotten to Alhafra.

It's already a cluster****.

I'm actually having difficulty defeating Briggs, for some reason.

It's nice to know people are willing to give Golden Sun a go. :grin:
Real men go to Airs Rock before even entering Yampi Desert.

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
Real men go to Airs Rock before even entering Yampi Desert.
But then that means going through Airs Rock (like the worst part between the first and second game, IMO).:urg:
Edit: Airs Rock = Water Temple

Last edited:
Top Bottom