• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
Pokemon has a large amount of characters already, 7 unique characters (9 counting Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard as all different characters) for comparison the Super Mario series has 7 unique characters (and 1 echo).

Another thing to consider is that of all the returning franchises in the Smash series Pokemon is the one with the most cuts. Mewtwo, Pichu, Squirtle and Ivysaur have all been cut at some point in the series. Now that everyone is back, Pokemon fans have more options than ever. I think a new pokemon rep would be suitable for DLC but, not for the base game (in my opinion).
I agree, and it also might be in their best interest to do that as well. Because if they take an extremely popular Pokemon and use it in DLC it is almost guaranteed to sell like crazy.

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
I like how people say Dark Dawn is so bad, yet it is the only game in the series that actually showed us the paths other characters (Kraden, Nowell, Rief in Konpa Ruins) or villains (Chalis and Blados in Belinsk Ruins) take in dungeons... I saw people here wondering how the hell Saturos and Co. climbed on Venus Lighthouse for example.... So a major plus point for DD (actually not many games go out of their way to show the route NPCs take in videogames)...

As for Fire Emblem, I absolutely love Fates but hate the fanservice of modern Fire Emblem... I got into FE through the 3DS ambassador program with Sacred Stones! My top 3 FE games are: Sacred Stones, Radiant Dawn and Fates (all routes, challenging Conquest, emotional birthright and beautiful Revelation)!
They should take all 3 of the GBA Fire Emblem games. Redo them for 3DS and combine their stories somehow in a crossover. And have an end game mode like Sacred Stones so the game just doesn't end once you finish the final battle. The GBA games had some of my favorite characters.

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
I agree, and it also might be in their best interest to do that as well. Because if they take an extremely popular Pokemon and use it in DLC it is almost guaranteed to sell like crazy.
Exactly, the newcomers in the base game seem to be heavily requested characters. Pokemon may be popular but, there is no one Pokemon that people have been requesting as heavily as say Ridley and King K. Rool were. Pokemon sells, so a new Pokemon character that can be purchased post release will certainly be a big hit.

Q-Long

Smash Lord
They should take all 3 of the GBA Fire Emblem games. Redo them for 3DS and combine their stories somehow in a crossover. And have an end game mode like Sacred Stones so the game just doesn't end once you finish the final battle. The GBA games had some of my favorite characters.
FE6 and FE7 are separate continents from FE8, so it would be kinda confusing, but maybe they could make it work.

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
FE6 and FE7 are separate continents from FE8, so it would be kinda confusing, but maybe they could make it work.
Hey they made it so you could go between 2 continents in Pokemon Gold and Silver...and that is my favorite Pokemon game. So I am pretty sure it could work for FE.

Side note, getting really close to 15,000 posts guys!

clearandsweet

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, and they could include all the other games too and put it on a system everyone has access to like mobile phones.

I keep refreshing subreddits and this thread. I'm sure the direct will be on Thursday but I'm just so hungry for info.

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475
time goes by so slowly right now hahaha really want Isaac in this direct

Q-Long

Smash Lord
some cute fanart idea once he gets confirmed

Isaac with helping Pikmin grow their flowers
Snake realizing Isaac is trying to read his mind (though Isaac isn't even good at this)
Ivysaur being petted by him while Red pets a djinn
Ice Climbers being asked to heal him, much to their confusion
Flint and Dad Isaac watching their kids, Lucas and Matthew play
Isaac trying to summon Palutena
Ike and Roy reminding Isaac of Garet
Him freaking out at Whispy Woods (cause he would be Tret!)
Resetti being summoned by Isaac

etc

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
some cute fanart idea once he gets confirmed

Isaac with helping Pikmin grow their flowers
Snake realizing Isaac is trying to read his mind (though Isaac isn't even good at this)
Ivysaur being petted by him while Red pets a djinn
Ice Climbers being asked to heal him, much to their confusion
Flint and Dad Isaac watching their kids, Lucas and Matthew play
Isaac trying to summon Palutena
Ike and Roy reminding Isaac of Garet
Him freaking out at Whispy Woods (cause he would be Tret!)
Resetti being summoned by Isaac

etc
Waluigi out there being tad grumpy, yet Lyn, Jeff, Saki and other veteran Assists congratulating Isaac for his inclusion.

That is also before Little Mac tries to hug Isaac from behind, but is too small for that. :laugh:

alguidrag

Smash Ace
I can see Lil Mac being friends with Isaac like "Man... you're finaly here... I when you disapeared in Smash 4 I was worried"

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Replaying the first Golden Sun now, am planning to play all 3 games. And what I first notice, now after I've just gotten Flint, is how hardcore of a story setting Golden Sun sets up right from the mother****ing bat. This is the right way to handle a story! A short, but intense leading up to a epic story with a solid goal but still lots and loooots to figure out for yourself.

This is the first time I've been playing the first game since I beat Dark Dawn, which I first played around the last few months of last year.. So maybe that has something to do with it? I first felt a little.. alienated when I played Dark Dawn. Like, where did all these civilisations just came from? We've explored the continent of Angara to the bone in Golden Sun 1, so what happened? All of a sudden there's cities that have supposed to be there since always? But after a while it makes a little more sense.

Still, feels good to play Golden Sun yet again. I have to admit, the battle system feel a bit outdated when Dark Dawn is the last game I played, but I will manage!

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
So I beat GS1 at like… 4 am last night, lol. I didn't do the super hard optional boss of course because I felt my level wasn't enough (still under 30 or close to it) but I did everything else. So far so good, I liked it. Gonna start GS2 now, but I have to say now Isaac grew more on me now that I've played the game, I wonder if Felix will make me feel the same lol

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
Honestly no matter what happens in this direct I'm just glad there'll be some more activity in these forums again. It's been super quiet these past few days and I miss having like 300 messages to read when I'm home.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
So, guys, just jumping in here with my response. Sorry it took so long.

First off, this is the file where the Japanese blog pulls data from:
https://www.smashbros.com/data/bs/ja_JP/json/ja_JP.json

I did not bother checking the English version, but I would assume you just replace ja_JP in both instances with en_US (https://www.smashbros.com/data/bs/en_US/json/en_US.json -- yup it works).

I made two detailed images about this.

First up, this is an examination of the latest three posts in the file.

View attachment 163293

I took the snapshot in a good place to catch the titles of all three posts. There's two types of ID's. The first is what I think is the Wordpress Post ID. These are much higher than the Blog Post number. I think the blog Post Number is just to differentiate each specific post so people editing the blog know what they're doing.

Wordpress does a lot of weird things, such as saving revisions as entirely different posts. So that number jumps. The blog post number appears to be the exact post order of every blog post. However, I did not check the full history to confirm.

With Bowser being 142 and Toon Link's memory being 139, it seems like Bowser was pulled back from Wednesday's update. The two missing posts, 140 and 141, are probably a music and a stage, respectively. In the last few weeks these have both been coming together on Tuesday.

Bowser was pulled back to fill in a gap missing on Sunday. Sunday is typically always a fighter, with few exceptions. Keep that in mind. Richter was also on Sunday, though he had a memory to go with him.

View attachment 163295

This is a breakdown of the details inside the "acf" object in each entry. At the bottom you can notice that it says wp:featuredmedia. This is what proves they are probably using Wordpress, though heavily modified. They're probably saving all data to JSON so that there isn't a way for people to access hidden data with AJAX.

This also shows where the images on Toon Link's memory are being grabbed, including the 139_1 and 139_2. Up to four images can be included, and video supports an id and url to the video.

I assume that videos and images are all their own custom post type, but I'm not fully certain on that one.

View attachment 163296

Richter was posted on Monday in Japan, Sunday in the west.

View attachment 163297

Dracula's Castle was posted on the same day as Gang-Plank Galleon, the Wednesday (in Japan, Tuesday in the west) after the Direct.

View attachment 163301

Alucard was posted two weeks after the Direct on Friday in Japan, Thursday in the west.

View attachment 163302

Ever since Mario we have never started a week with anything but a fighter.

View attachment 163303

In terms of memories, Inklings, Ridley, Link, Corrin, Snake, Sonic, Pit (Dark Pit does), Mii Fighters, Samus, Chrom and Villager do not have memories. Sukapon does despite not being a playable fighter. Wario does, but its for WarioWare Gold.

Take from this what you will.

And mine is even more of one...

EDIT: Ridley and Inklings have not gotten a memory either. Daisy was the first. I added them to the list.
If Bowser was moved down, instead of just having Toon Link be the Sunday/Monday post, it makes me feel like there was supposed to be a character post on that day that was specifically replaced. But I'm assuming the unique newcomer would have been posted on Thursday/Friday. So maybe we're also getting an echo? Richter was posted on the Sunday/Monday after Simon and K. Rool, so it would kind of make sense.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Waluigi out there being tad grumpy, yet Lyn, Jeff, Saki and other veteran Assists congratulating Isaac for his inclusion.

That is also before Little Mac tries to hug Isaac from behind, but is too small for that. :laugh:
And Dark Samus congratulating him, only for him to freak out at the sight of her

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
I hope tomorrow we finally get the announcement of the direct. Has anyone known anything of Famitsu?

ZelDan

Smash Master
Decided to look at this since I had an idea for final Smashes for Isaac and Felix and thinking about how other GS characters could be involved in Smash:

http://www.goldensunrealm.com/gstla/djinn/summons.php

After looking, maybe they could have Isaac's final smash be the Daedalus summon, where Jenna and Garet appear and combine their djinn with Isaac to summon it.

Felix could likewise summon Azul and have Mia and Piers combine their djinn with Felix's to summon that.

And I Dunno, Ivan and Sheba could be together as an assist trophy where they combine their powers to create a massive tornado or something. Or I guess to go along with the theme they could together summon Thor and hopefully he'll know to aim for the head this time and hover above them both and just fill the screen with lightning.

Only issue with this is that Daedalus and Azul aren't exactly as epic as Iris or as remembered as Judgement, but it's still a way to get other GS characters involved atleast.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
What if Ivan appears on the GS stage and replaces codecs by telling us what the other fights are thinking.

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
And you're telling me the hidden thoughts of characters like Luigi or the Villager wouldn't be amazing?

Last edited:

Q-Long

Smash Lord
Nah it would be pretty interesting and funny to gain some insight into someone like Luigi or Villager

Just saying I prefer the back and forth dialogue, heck add Kraden or someone to the mix maybe

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
Nah it would be pretty interesting and funny to gain some insight into someone like Luigi or Villager

Just saying I prefer the back and forth dialogue, heck add Kraden or someone to the mix maybe
It would be interesting to see Snake compare Ivan to Psyco Mantis.:rotfl:

Top Bottom