• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
I hope tomorrow we finally get the announcement of the direct. Has anyone known anything of Famitsu?
Apparently, Famitsu never had (or removed?) any Smash news to put out in the first place. Explains why Nintendo wasn't worried about them.

Funktastic

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DaftBunk
Switch FC
SW 4808 1853 3785
Apparently, Famitsu never had (or removed?) any Smash news to put out in the first place. Explains why Nintendo wasn't worried about them.
And when the direct drops and there's no smash info, wooo baby are people gonna cry! I mean, it probably will, but I'd love to see the hysteria go into overdrive.

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
We should be getting a new music sample on the Smash website fairly soon (within 9 hours at least). What do you think it will be this time? My guess is a new Star Fox remix. They probably had to change the next music sample as it would likely give away the newcomer (we all remember the Bloody Tears/Monster Dance leak).

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
We should be getting a new music sample on the Smash website fairly soon (within 9 hours at least). What do you think it will be this time? My guess is a new Star Fox remix. They probably had to change the next music sample as it would likely give away the newcomer (we all remember the Bloody Tears/Monster Dance leak).
I'm assuming the music and stage reveal will be next week's, yeah. I'll check the data and confirm of course.

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
And when the direct drops and there's no smash info, wooo baby are people gonna cry! I mean, it probably will, but I'd love to see the hysteria go into overdrive.
I'll be so mad I'll do terrible things like ... telling Goku fans their beloved character will never get into smash ! Just ... you ... watch ... ! :drflip:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It's probably because I'm french Canadian, I don't get it.
Isaac Came (silent a) lot.

Personally, I would be Ragnarok.

Yeah I know this doesn't work as well. But, if you have a dirty mind, it'll do the trick.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Glad I'm not the only one that saw the potential in that text prompt

View attachment 163381

View attachment 163380

BTW, just started playing GS, pretty fun thus far.
For the future, when you save the girl from the river (which happens after you come back from Mercury Lighthouse, but before you heal Tret), when you come back after she's cured of being a tree, she gives you a Hard Nut.

I completely missed all chances to have Isaac give a Hard Nut to Mia (he kept giving them to Ivan). :laugh:

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
For the future, when you save the girl from the river (which happens after you come back from Mercury Lighthouse, but before you heal Tret), when you come back after she's cured of being a tree, she gives you a Hard Nut.

I completely missed all chances to have Isaac give a Hard Nut to Mia (he kept giving them to Ivan). :laugh:
AINT SAYING NO SINS.
THIS IS A CHRISTIAN THREAD.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I'm playing through Lost Age, and just reached Alhafra.

The Mayor of Madra and his group (including the Village Elder and his father) arrive in Alhafra after you, and the Village Elder says:

"Haa... Haa... I just feel like I walked 500 miles.../I'm fine... I feel like I could walk 500 more!"
...Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.........

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Is it weird to have dreams about Isaac getting in? I've had A couple of those in the past few weeks
I had my infamous verbal confirmation dream where the Direct informally told us that Isaac would be in Smash Ultimate.

Without any reveal trailer or gameplay.

...I actually want that the more I think about it...

D

Deleted member

Is it weird to have dreams about Isaac getting in? I've had A couple of those in the past few weeks
Not at all. I've had dreams about him getting in, and I wanted to spam places with memes about his debut considering how long I have waited.

I'm down to listening to JaidynReiman give his reasonings for why he's sure Isaac and Felix are in. But, we have to see ourselves.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Not at all. I've had dreams about him getting in, and I wanted to spam places with memes about his debut considering how long I have waited.

I'm down to listening to JaidynReiman give his reasonings for why he's sure Isaac and Felix are in. But, we have to see ourselves.
Has he given his reasons for that recently?

Personally I'm not really convinced we'll get a Felix echo. I think there'll be other more popular characters that Sakurai will want to give the echo treatment to. I'd imagine Isaac probably got most of the Golden Sun love in the ballot and Felix probably wasn't left with enough votes to make an impact.

I keep bouncing back and forth between whether I think Isaac will be revealed in this direct or not.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Has he given his reasons for that recently?

Personally I'm not really convinced we'll get a Felix echo. I think there'll be other more popular characters that Sakurai will want to give the echo treatment to. I'd imagine Isaac probably have got most of the Golden Sun love in the ballot and Felix probably wasn't left with enough votes to make an impact.

I keep bouncing back and forth between whether I think Isaac will be revealed in this direct or not.
I posted my analysis last night. Review the details and you be the judge. :ultkrool:

PurpleStrings16

Smash Cadet
Just think:
Whatever happens this next direct-- whatever is revealed, we are now that much closer to
1. The next direct with Smash information
2. The release of the game we are hype out to begin with

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
Cool to see all these people playing GS for the first time!
Hope you are all enjoying it!

If Isaac himself is getting people to try and play GS, I think a reboot of GS would do well for Nintendo.

Also
Did you guys all look up your astrology sign, Chinese Zodiac, and Zodiac element to find your GS Class?

Would be cool to see how many different "adepts" we have here

KMDP

Smash Legend
Is there by any chance a Felix thread?
Speaking of Felix...

Golden Sun KMDP Djinn 6.PNG

Here's the Djinn set-up for my party in Lost Age, having just gotten to Alhafra.

It's already a cluster****.

I'm actually having difficulty defeating Briggs, for some reason.

If Isaac himself is getting people to try and play GS, I think a reboot of GS would do well for Nintendo.

Also
Did you guys all look up your astrology sign, Chinese Zodiac, and Zodiac element to find your GS Class?

It's nice to know people are willing to give Golden Sun a go. :grin:

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord

Also

As a Libra and an Ox, I would doubly be a Venus adept, which works perfectly for me since Isaac's my favorite GS character.

Last edited:

PurpleStrings16

Smash Cadet

Also

Yeah honestly it is a great game. I think a reboot would be awesome to see. The Gameboy Advance graphics are their own type of charming, but an HD, remastered version seems perfect for revitalizing the series, or at least throwing a bone to the fan base.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
I can see Lil Mac being friends with Isaac like "Man... you're finaly here... I when you disapeared in Smash 4 I was worried"
Then Isaac gives a smile and responds with, 'Well you don't have to worry anymore. I'm here to stay.'

Little Mac proceeds to do his fist bump taunt thing before continuing, 'Hey how about we catch up on old times?'

Before Isaac can respond, Ike approaches the them and states, 'Actually the two of us already have plans for the rest of the day.'

'Right, we're going to the Squid Sisters concert (I've no idea if that's an actual thing, basing it off Ike's picture on the website lol). I've learned Ike's a big fan!' Isaac remarked.

'Hey me too!' Little Mac exclaims, 'Count me in!'

Ike reaches into his pockets and holds up the tickets, 'Sorry, I didn't get any extras.'

And then Ike swings an arm around Isaac and walks off.

And this is what becomes of my posts in the insanity of no direct and news, good grief lol.

KMDP

Smash Legend
What is Zodiac element ? I'm Libra and Tiger.
There are three Elements you can derive from Zodiac.

Each Western Zodiac Sign has one element tied to it, and the Chinese Zodiac has two (one for the "Year of the [x]" and for the actual year you were born).

As a Capricorn born in 1990 (the year of the Horse)...
Capricorn is an Earth Element sign, while the Year of the Horse in 1990 is "Metal Horse".​
Horse itself is a Fire Element sign.​

Extrapolating Metal as "Earth", I'd be "2 Earth, 1 Fire", which can be tied to a Djinn set-up and class. The way I work it out is that your Western Zodiac sign determines your Adept Element, and the three together add up to a set-up sequence of Djinn.

The Western elements are the usual Earth, Fire, Wind and Water (there's also Aether, but Astrology doesn't use that).
The Chinese elements are Earth, Fire, Water, Wood and Metal.

Last edited:

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
Thanks KMDP was really helpful.

So apparently I'm Libra (Wind), Tiger, from the Fire Tigre year.

So if I understand correctly that makes 1 wind 2x Fire ?

Majora's Visage

Smash Journeyman
Hoping the Golden Sun Savants of this thread can help answer a few of my questions:

When I played through Golden Sun and the Lost Age a LONG time ago; I've always thought Felix was the main character / protagonist. He was actually who I voted for in the ballot. It just seemed that his story/plight was that he was working towards lighting the Lighthouses, while his old friends were working against him not knowing he was actually a good guy. Why is Isaac considered the main hero?

Additionally Isaac received part of the Golden Sun along with Alex. What exactly does that mean? Does it make him more powerful?

Thanks! And good luck to Isaac and hopefully Felix as an echo! I had mentioned it before in the past to be added as a supporter but I'm not sure if I was added or not. Please add me when possible :)

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
Isaac is a stanuch Libertarian in my headcanon. He carries a pocket constitution in his left pocket, and his sword on his right (Texas now allows open-carry swords).
Shulk is like, a pretty middle-ground British Labour guy probably

KMDP

Smash Legend
Thanks KMDP was really helpful.

So apparently I'm Libra (Wind), Tiger, from the Fire Tigre year.

So if I understand correctly that makes 1 wind 2x Fire ?
A Jupiter Adept with 6 Mars Djinn is a Mars/Jupiter Conjurer (a Conjurer of the Page class series).

Conjurers of the Page series get Volcano, Astral Blast, Delude, Sleep, Guard, Impact, Ward, Weaken, Drain and Psy Drain.

"The Page class series is surprisingly useful, but is unfortunately outshone by its big brothers, the Ninja class series and Samurai class series. As far as Psynergy goes, Impact and High Impact are invaluable, with the rest of the non-damaging Psynergy being useful as well. The Page class series is arguably better than the Apprentice class series due to Guard and Protect fitting in with the skillset better than Haunt/Curse do."

Top Bottom