• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Kisae

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darkkisae
If you want to find out what adept you would be
First, find out your elements from your Astrology Zodiac
  • Fire: Aries, Leo, Sagittarius = Mars
  • Earth: Taurus, Virgo, Capricorn = Venus
  • Air: Gemini, Libra, Aquarius = Jupiter
  • Water: Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces = Mercury
Next, find out your element from your chinese Zodiac
  • Metal: Monkey, Rooster = Venus
  • Wood: Tiger, Rabbit = Jupiter
  • Water: Rat, Pig = Mercury
  • Fire: Horse, Snake = Mars
  • Earth: Dragon, Dog, Ox, Sheep = Venus
(Metal planet in Chinese Zodiac is Venus, and Wood Planet is Jupiter)

Chinese Zodiac's also have a second element to add

• If the last number in your birth year is 0 or 1, your element is Metal.
  • If the last number in your birth year is 2 or 3, your element is Water.
  • If the last number in your birth year is 4 or 5, your element is Wood.
  • If the last number in your birth year is 6 or 7, your element is Fire.
  • If the last number in your birth year is 8 or 9, your element is Earth.
Only 1 element Mono-Elemental
2 elements Dual-Elemental
3 diffrent elements Tri-Elemental

https://goldensunwiki.net/wiki/Character_class
Match it up to your class

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am an Aquarius, Year of the Wood Dog
Two Jupiter One Venus
I would fall under something in the Dual-Elemental

The Chinese Zodiac Year animal is your main element (Mine would be Venus)
The second element and the astrology zodiac are the secondary elements

Venus Adept with 2 Jupiters
So according to this

i'm Aquarius = Jupiter
Sheep = Venus
And 1992 = Mercury

So i'm a tri elemental but which class? xD

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
But then that means going through Airs Rock (like the worst part between the first and second game, IMO).:urg:
Eh it isn't that bad. Sure it's the worst rock, but I've become more attached to Air's Rock than before, after replaying the games.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
He was pretty much like Isaac in the Golden Sun games, except slightly slower but with more attack
I'm now imagining Felix being the Ganondorf to Isaac's Captain Falcon. :laugh:

Hey, at least it makes sense.

Also, Felix having a terrible luck stat is hilarious, for three reasons:
  1. His name literally means "Lucky".
  2. He somehow managed to survive that falling boulder.
  3. He somehow managed to survive jumping off of Venus Lighthouse.
Nope -seems like I'm Venus Adept instead, with two Jupiter Elements.
Well, then you're an Apprentice.

Making Isaac an Apprentice (specifically an Enchanter) makes Colosso hilariously easy (because the Gladiators aren't immune to sleep, and the first and last aren't immune to Curse either.

Multi-bottle Thief

Smash Rookie
Ok, so I'm a Tiger (so Jupiter), was born in 1998 (so Earth), and I'm Aquarius (so Jupiter again).

So I'm a Wind, Earth, Wind. What class does that make me?

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528

But then that means going through Airs Rock (like the worst part between the first and second game, IMO).:urg:
Edit: Airs Rock = Water Temple
It's not thaaaat bad. Literally just did it for the last two hours on stream and it went fiiiine. The only thing I dislike about Airs Rock is how well they hide the Flora Summon Tablet since you wouldn't really think to go back that far into the dungeon to get it if you never noticed it your first time through.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Monkey - Water
Water Monkey - Water
click click ima crab - Water

I’m so wet. Embarrass

Opossum Opossum , can’t make a post like this and not tag you. ;P

KMDP

Smash Legend
So according to this

i'm Aquarius = Jupiter
Sheep = Venus
And 1992 = Mercury

White Mage.
Ok, so I'm a Tiger (so Jupiter), was born in 1998 (so Earth), and I'm Aquarius (so Jupiter again).

So I'm a Wind, Earth, Wind. What class does that make me?
Diviner, part of the Seer (Jupiter) series.

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
So according to this

i'm Aquarius = Jupiter
Sheep = Venus
And 1992 = Mercury

I guess your base element would be Jupiter and the added djinn would be Venus and Mercury?

That'd make you part of the Medium series. Or White Mage. Depending on whether you have more venus or mercury djinn.

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Does anyone else find it kinda lame that after you get Isaac and co. you can't take them back to the rocks to learn the Psyenergies or that they don't get their own exclusive Psyenergies. I hope if they do remake GS1 and 2 they'd add Element Rocks type dungeons for the first team too. Also, the Rocks are like my favorite parts of the game, you people are crazy for not liking Air's Rock.

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
50 Cent was born July 6, 1975

Making him born in the year of the Wood Rabbit (Jupiter, Jupiter,) and born as with the sign cancer (water)

Making him a Hermit Class

Just in case you guys wanted to know

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Well, then you're an Apprentice.

Making Isaac an Apprentice (specifically an Enchanter) makes Colosso hilariously easy (because the Gladiators aren't immune to sleep, and the first and last aren't immune to Curse either.
Huuh. I guess I'm a status-inducing menace?

I though wish I had more DPS or Magic-based roles than that though, hahah--

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I'm now imagining Felix being the Ganondorf to Isaac's Captain Falcon. :laugh:

Hey, at least it makes sense.

Also, Felix having a terrible luck stat is hilarious, for three reasons:
  1. His name literally means "Lucky".
  2. He somehow managed to survive that falling boulder.
  3. He somehow managed to survive jumping off of Venus Lighthouse.
Yea that's the funniest part about Felix having a terribad luck stat. The one who was luckiest in canonical events is not lucky during combat.

Does anyone else find it kinda lame that after you get Isaac and co. you can't take them back to the rocks to learn the Psyenergies or that they don't get their own exclusive Psyenergies. I hope if they do remake GS1 and 2 they'd add Element Rocks type dungeons for the first team too. Also, the Rocks are like my favorite parts of the game, you people are crazy for not liking Air's Rock.
Yea, I was slightly ticked that Isaac couldn't learn Sand when I took him to Gaia Rock after recruiting him.

Or that his party had literally no reaction when I took them to Lemuria. They should have planned that in somehow :/

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Am also double fire and got one earth. So Savage class for me as well.

Again, Leo, Metal Horse, 1990.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
So, trying this out I got:
Scorpio - Water
Horse - Fire
2002 - Fire
Making me either a Swordsman or Pilgrim, right?

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
KMDP KMDP we are basing the main class as the Chinese Zodiac and the Year and Astrology Zodiac as your Djinn? Just to make sure we are all on the same page in this little "WHAT IS YOUR ADEPT CLASS" game here.

Regardless, this is fun! Knowing all the different classes we are

KMDP

Smash Legend
I know Savage is a class, but the way you phrased it I just burst out laughing. Can't believe I'm such a savage, dang.
Clearly Brute is the best class series, because we're the strongest.

...Ignore our terribad PP pools...
I got Fire-Water-Fire! :D
Assuming you're a Mars Adept, you're... a Cavalier!
KMDP KMDP we are basing the main class as the Chinese Zodiac and the Year and Astrology Zodiac as your Djinn? Just to make sure we are all on the same page in this little "WHAT IS YOUR ADEPT CLASS" game here.

Regardless, this is fun! Knowing all the different classes we are
I use the Western Zodiac to determine the Adept Element (because that requires no mental gymnastics, it's the same four elements).

I then count the Western Zodiac element as three Djinn (this actually has less influence than you might think), then determine 3 Djinn each from the two Chinese Zodiac variations.

I count Wood as Jupiter and Metal as Venus (though I guess you could make Metal the wildcard, but then that'd give people like me who have Metal in their Zodiac a massive advantage with class choice).

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
So apperently, I'm seeing more people a year Isaac is a "lock".

I'm guessing it's an aftereffect of the hype.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Could you tell that to my parents plz?

Neat! But yeah, probably best not to read into my post too much...
Wait I think I missed something I thought you were making an anti-N3ON joke about whether or not if be your elemental opposite. Whoops lol.

ZelDan

Smash Master
You reminded me of something I do wish they do IF there's a remake of the first two games, and that'd be to add more story stuff after you get Isaac and his crew, since originally the only stuff to do is Magma Rock, some optional stuff, then beat the game (unless I'm forgetting something). Some of this added story content could maybe tie into Dark Dawn as well.

Now there doesn't need to be THAT much added story content (wouldn't want the game to be too long, especially if this remake were to combine both games into one), but a bit more would be nice

Last edited:

Confirmation

Smash Ace
Nope, not at all. My reasoning has nothing to do with this at all, in fact I'm convinced they'd have no idea about a Smash newcomer anyway (there was probably a press event featuring some games revealed so that press outlets could talk about them immediately after the Direct airs). I was trying to avoid saying anything in here, but someone brought it up in here, so I guess I have to explain now. Just take all of this with a grain of salt.

Everything is based on those missing posts. I datamined the site, found out that blog posts are dynamically added from a JSON file (they probably save the data to JSON that's ready to go online). I can't look up information that's not publicly on the site,, but I have been able to confirm that Bowser's ID is 142. People already reported that Toon Link and Toon Link's memory are 138 and 139, respectively, because Toon Link's memory has 139 in the images. That's how people figured out the blog entry ID's.

I was able to determine they store those blog entry ID's somewhere else, and that Bowser is 142. He was pulled back to Sunday. The first day of the week (either Sunday or Monday when they sometimes delay the post a few hours) is always a fighter with no exceptions (I checked). Sometimes they do something after the fighter as well, though.

This means they pulled Bowser back behind Toon Link to fill in a gap on Sunday, the path of least resistance. So its probably an Echo Fighter--WITHOUT a memory. I'm basically certain this is an Echo Fighter and not something else like a Direct post saying "new info revealed in Nintendo Direct" precisely because they pulled Bowser back to fill a gap.

This is in addition to what didn't get revealed on Thursday, as there were three other missing posts. One trailer, one fighter, one memory, most likely.

For the Smash Direct they revealed K. Rool and Simon on the same day on the website, the Echo Fighters lined up the following week. Toon Link means there's no additional information, and its reasonable to say there aren't two new fighters with both missing memories because again, K. Rool and Simon were shown the same day.

As such, there's very likely just ONE trailer to reveal both. That probably means the unique newcomer and Echo are echoing each other, but also debuted in the same game (though this last point isn't a dead set certainty).

There's not a lot of combinations that work with this tidbit. I've considered other possibilities, but there's so few Echo Fighter possibilites from the same series in general in terms of newcomer with an Echo. Trust me, I've been trying to convince myself of other possibilities. Even just getting a newcomer and Echo at the same time is iffy unless they are echoing each other (Dark Samus was revealed long after Ridley and I still think Dixie is getting in as well.)

None of the plausible third-party unique newcomers in consideration really have Echo Fighter possibilities. Geno and Banjo are the big ones and are definitely out. If we dig into others, Globox for Rayman, but they debuted in different games (not a dead set certainty, of course) but Globox is also massively bigger than Rayman, so he might not even work. Crash is extremely unlikely, and again, Coco didn't debut in the same game as him. Sora and Roxas, I guess, but if we get any SE character its probably Geno.

If we delve into first-parties, its really sketchy looking at franchises that already have characters. Again I go back to Ridley and K. Rool. Dixie is still very likely, and Dark Samus came two months after Ridley. Skull Kid doesn't have an Echo candidate for himself. Bandana Waddle Dee does not. A Pokemon newcomer probably doesn't either.

As for insiders, they probably know about games as they were involved with a press event, but would have no idea about a Smash newcomer at all.

If both the music and stage this week do not match with this week's lineup (they should be 140 and 141), I'm fully convinced we're getting a brand new stage as well.

EDIT: I just realized something. You're quoting a much older post I made. When I made that post, I considered it a decent possibility that it could have been Isaac, but not strictly Felix, but it could've been just about anyone. I became convinced of Isaac and Felix after what happened in the spoiler tag above.
Would be amazing if this is indeed the case, and pretty darn incredible you figured it out

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
I did a little more digging and found I'd be a Water Monk I think, which is known as Dragon Water Priest in Japan, and I'm so okay with that.

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
Nope, not at all. My reasoning has nothing to do with this at all, in fact I'm convinced they'd have no idea about a Smash newcomer anyway (there was probably a press event featuring some games revealed so that press outlets could talk about them immediately after the Direct airs). I was trying to avoid saying anything in here, but someone brought it up in here, so I guess I have to explain now. Just take all of this with a grain of salt.

Everything is based on those missing posts. I datamined the site, found out that blog posts are dynamically added from a JSON file (they probably save the data to JSON that's ready to go online). I can't look up information that's not publicly on the site,, but I have been able to confirm that Bowser's ID is 142. People already reported that Toon Link and Toon Link's memory are 138 and 139, respectively, because Toon Link's memory has 139 in the images. That's how people figured out the blog entry ID's.

I was able to determine they store those blog entry ID's somewhere else, and that Bowser is 142. He was pulled back to Sunday. The first day of the week (either Sunday or Monday when they sometimes delay the post a few hours) is always a fighter with no exceptions (I checked). Sometimes they do something after the fighter as well, though.

This means they pulled Bowser back behind Toon Link to fill in a gap on Sunday, the path of least resistance. So its probably an Echo Fighter--WITHOUT a memory. I'm basically certain this is an Echo Fighter and not something else like a Direct post saying "new info revealed in Nintendo Direct" precisely because they pulled Bowser back to fill a gap.

This is in addition to what didn't get revealed on Thursday, as there were three other missing posts. One trailer, one fighter, one memory, most likely.

For the Smash Direct they revealed K. Rool and Simon on the same day on the website, the Echo Fighters lined up the following week. Toon Link means there's no additional information, and its reasonable to say there aren't two new fighters with both missing memories because again, K. Rool and Simon were shown the same day.

As such, there's very likely just ONE trailer to reveal both. That probably means the unique newcomer and Echo are echoing each other, but also debuted in the same game (though this last point isn't a dead set certainty).

There's not a lot of combinations that work with this tidbit. I've considered other possibilities, but there's so few Echo Fighter possibilites from the same series in general in terms of newcomer with an Echo. Trust me, I've been trying to convince myself of other possibilities. Even just getting a newcomer and Echo at the same time is iffy unless they are echoing each other (Dark Samus was revealed long after Ridley and I still think Dixie is getting in as well.)

None of the plausible third-party unique newcomers in consideration really have Echo Fighter possibilities. Geno and Banjo are the big ones and are definitely out. If we dig into others, Globox for Rayman, but they debuted in different games (not a dead set certainty, of course) but Globox is also massively bigger than Rayman, so he might not even work. Crash is extremely unlikely, and again, Coco didn't debut in the same game as him. Sora and Roxas, I guess, but if we get any SE character its probably Geno.

If we delve into first-parties, its really sketchy looking at franchises that already have characters. Again I go back to Ridley and K. Rool. Dixie is still very likely, and Dark Samus came two months after Ridley. Skull Kid doesn't have an Echo candidate for himself. Bandana Waddle Dee does not. A Pokemon newcomer probably doesn't either.

As for insiders, they probably know about games as they were involved with a press event, but would have no idea about a Smash newcomer at all.

If both the music and stage this week do not match with this week's lineup (they should be 140 and 141), I'm fully convinced we're getting a brand new stage as well.

EDIT: I just realized something. You're quoting a much older post I made. When I made that post, I considered it a decent possibility that it could have been Isaac, but not strictly Felix, but it could've been just about anyone. I became convinced of Isaac and Felix after what happened in the spoiler tag above.
That is a solid theory and I'm sure we're all hoping you're right! You've definitely convinced me at least :p

KMDP

Smash Legend
You reminded me of something I do wish they do IF there's a remake of the first two games, and that'd be to add more story stuff after you get Isaac and his crew, since originally the only stuff to do is Magma Rock, some optional stuff, then beat the game (unless I'm forgetting something). Some of this added story content could maybe tie into Dark Dawn as well.

Now there doesn't need to be THAT much added story content (wouldn't the game to be too long, especially if this remake were to combine both games into one), but a bit more would be nice
If it was all one game, you could have some neat stuff like having Isaac and co. be able to go to Champa while passing through the South-East Angara region (near Lama Temple, Altin and Xian), maybe for an extra sidequest.
I did a little more digging and found I'd be a Water Monk I think, which is known as Dragon Water Priest in Japan, and I'm so okay with that.
Dragon Water Priest?

So... a Hoshido Noble then. XD

Majora's Visage

Smash Journeyman
There are many reasons why Isaac is considered the representative of the franchise.

One reason is the most simple. It is because he was the first protagonist that we controlled, and the one who started the series. First characters almost always get preference to be the series mascot. Also players were more likely to form an attachment to him rather than Felix who was first portrayed as an antagonist before he became playable in the second game.

Another more detailed reason is the whole arc that Isaac has throughout both games, that Felix lacks. Namely, the test that the Wise One made Isaac go through. Having initially lied to Isaac about the doom that the elemental lighthouses bring and sent him on a quest to prevent their lighting. With the Mars Star in tow, which would initially make no sense, but it was there since the Wise One's goal was to let Isaac find out the truth on his own (through Felix and co.) and to make his own judgement to light the last lighthouse with his former rivals. This ends up involving Felix as well at the top of Mars Lighthouse when they are forced to fight the Doom Dragon, who was actually the dragon form of Isaac's father and Felix's parents. The conclusion is at the top of Mt. Aleph, where it is revealed that the Wise One indeed chose to infuse the Mars Star with energy to divert the Mars part of the Golden Sun to Isaac, showing that he had indeed passed the test and had been entrusted with a portion of the Golden Sun's power. This act makes Isaac slightly more important than Felix even though Isaac was the deuteragonist in the second game, not the protagonist.

Third is Isaac's appearance in GS3 and his son being the protagonist. Camelot chose Isaac as the character to pass on the torch to his son to continue the series, rather than Felix being the older wiser character instead. Matthew also looks almost exactly like Isaac, except with a modern design, so he makes Isaac's face more iconic to the franchise again.

That's my reasoning anyway. Feel free to correct me if you think I got something wrong or missed something.

Edit: Adding what @JaidynReiman said below, since Isaac got a part of the Golden Sun, Alex did not inherit that part. Which means that Alex has to go through Isaac to complete his goals of achieving power over all alchemy. So Isaac has a link to the main antagonist, making him the most important protagonist in the series.
Very informative. Thanks so much!

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
If it was all one game, you could have some neat stuff like having Isaac and co. be able to go to Champa while passing through the South-East Angara region (near Lama Temple, Altin and Xian), maybe for an extra sidequest.

Dragon Water Priest?

So... a Hoshido Noble then. XD
As a Corrin main (see PFP), I don't mind at all.

That is a solid theory and I'm sure we're all hoping you're right! You've definitely convinced me at least :p
Yep, I've been even more convinced as well. (Quick side note: I love your content and just subscribed recently. Keep up the good work!)

Top Bottom