• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

KMDP

Smash Legend
Well, I've been making progress in The Lost Age, I just beat Air's Rock a little bit ago.
Golden Sun KMDP Djinn 7.PNG

This is the Djinn set-up I had while in Air's Rock.

After Air's Rock, I found the two Djinni that are available to you before you get to Kibombo (both are wild encounters)
Unfortunately...
Golden Sun KMDP Djinn 8a.PNG

Piers ruins everything.

I'll have to keep in mind that Felix had Ether before Piers came along, Piers'll get Steel when he shows up (you can find Steel in the Great Gabomba), until then, Ether is on Standby.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'm definitely finally starting Lost Age if this happens. I've been planning to for a while, but I was trying to finish Golden Sun again to get transfer data. Now I think I may just grab an existing code online... (well at least one that's not TOO broken).

KMDP

Smash Legend
I'm definitely finally starting Lost Age if this happens. I've been planning to for a while, but I was trying to finish Golden Sun again to get transfer data. Now I think I may just grab an existing code online... (well at least one that's not TOO broken).
You can use my code if you want.

I already have the code in the form of screenshots, so it's ready to be sent.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
I got literal chills when I read JaidynReiman JaidynReiman explanation on the blog posts possibly relating to Isaac. All I can say is that, out of all the likely possible newcomers, I can't think of any other case as similar to Simon/Richter as Isaac/Felix are. Since watching Sakurai's explanation of how Simon and Richter "echoes each other", I thought Isaac and Felix fit that perfectly as well. They are both protagonists of their own game, which is part of a single story, they both have parallel journeys and were introduced at the very beginning of Golden Sun's story. Isaac is just the face of the franchise because he has chronological advantage and more sales, but franchise and story-wise, they are both almost equally important.

Oh man, I'm getting hyped.

SirCamp

Smash Ace
If you want to find out what adept you would be
First, find out your elements from your Astrology Zodiac
  • Fire: Aries, Leo, Sagittarius = Mars
  • Earth: Taurus, Virgo, Capricorn = Venus
  • Air: Gemini, Libra, Aquarius = Jupiter
  • Water: Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces = Mercury
Next, find out your element from your chinese Zodiac
  • Metal: Monkey, Rooster = Venus
  • Wood: Tiger, Rabbit = Jupiter
  • Water: Rat, Pig = Mercury
  • Fire: Horse, Snake = Mars
  • Earth: Dragon, Dog, Ox, Sheep = Venus
(Metal planet in Chinese Zodiac is Venus, and Wood Planet is Jupiter)

Chinese Zodiac's also have a second element to add

• If the last number in your birth year is 0 or 1, your element is Metal.
  • If the last number in your birth year is 2 or 3, your element is Water.
  • If the last number in your birth year is 4 or 5, your element is Wood.
  • If the last number in your birth year is 6 or 7, your element is Fire.
  • If the last number in your birth year is 8 or 9, your element is Earth.
Only 1 element Mono-Elemental
2 elements Dual-Elemental
3 diffrent elements Tri-Elemental

https://goldensunwiki.net/wiki/Character_class
Match it up to your class

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am an Aquarius, Year of the Wood Dog
Two Jupiter One Venus
I would fall under something in the Dual-Elemental

The Chinese Zodiac Year animal is your main element (Mine would be Venus)
The second element and the astrology zodiac are the secondary elements

Venus Adept with 2 Jupiters
According to this I would be a Gemini, year of the Earth Snake.

Otherwise known as a Mars adept with Venus and Jupiter Djinn.

Or, a Samurai.

At least I think I did that right. Tbh I would have much preferred to be a Venus or Mercury adept. Mars would naturally have been my last choice actually.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I got literal chills when I read JaidynReiman JaidynReiman explanation on the blog posts possibly relating to Isaac. All I can say is that, out of all the likely possible newcomers, I can't think of any other case as similar to Simon/Richter as Isaac/Felix are. Since watching Sakurai's explanation of how Simon and Richter "echoes each other", I thought Isaac and Felix fit that perfectly as well. They are both protagonists of their own game, which is part of a single story, they both have parallel journeys and were introduced at the very beginning of Golden Sun's story. Isaac is just the face of the franchise because he has chronological advantage and more sales, but franchise and story-wise, they are both almost equally important.

Oh man, I'm getting hyped.
Remember to hype responsibly.
---
Also, JaidynReiman JaidynReiman .
Golden Sun Password 1.PNG

Golden Sun Password 2.PNG

Golden Sun Password 3.PNG

Golden Sun Password 4.PNG

Golden Sun Password 5.PNG

Golden Sun Password 6.PNG
Yes, it's a Gold Password.

I'm 99.9999'% sure that everything that carries over to Lost Age is done; also, Ivan has a Kikuichimonji (which was a pain to get, stupid RNG).

The stat boosts I gave to characters might seem a bit... weird, because I gave them out based on who needed the stat-up most (i.e. who was lowest) and the placement of the Djinn meant that the characters didn't necessarily get the stat-ups where they would normally be placed.
According to this I would be a Gemini, year of the Earth Snake.

Otherwise known as a Mars adept with Venus and Jupiter Djinn.

Or, a Samurai.

At least I think I did that right. Tbh I would have much preferred to be a Venus or Mercury adept. Mars would naturally have been my last choice actually.
The Samurai class is, like, the best class, though. XD

Last edited:

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
I feel compelled to restate that we have absolutely no guarantee of an echo fighter right now. The fourth post could just as easily be something dumb like the "Website has been updated" posts we got after the E3 and Smash Directs: honestly, we just don't know what will happen with a trailer-only Direct because we haven't actually had one. Feel free to hope for the best (I very much want to be wrong), but always hype responsibly!

iam8bit

Smash Ace
20 pages for us to reach 400! If Isaac is revealed on Thursday, we could easily reach that number that same day. :roll:

Remember to hype responsibly.
Of course, my friend.

Part of me still thinks it's not happening, that such an awesome thing as Isaac being in Smash, exposing Golden Sun to so many new people is as impossible a dream as when I (and many others) started hoping for it to happen. Because let's face it, back in the pre-Brawl and pre-Smash 4 days our possibilities were, realistically, small.

Now it seems so different, and we are closer than we've been IMO. So I prefer to focus on the positive. Embarrass

Last edited:

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
20 pages for us to reach 400 hundred! If Isaac is revealed on Thursday, we could easily reach that number that same day. :roll:
Whenever the direct airs, I expect the amount of people viewing this thread to be as massive as Judgment itself, especially with all the sleuthing that's been going around.

It'd be a beautiful time for it all to finally come together as a reality.

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
Ooooh boy, could this be the time for our Golden Boy?

By the way if Isaac gets reveal in the direct, how would you guys celebrate?
I'll play through the games again if he gets reveal.
I am tackling some fanart, maybe I will do a chibi Isaac (and Felix maybe who knows if we get him too?) for a Keychain ~

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
I feel compelled to restate that we have absolutely no guarantee of an echo fighter right now. The fourth post could just as easily be something dumb like the "Website has been updated" posts we got after the E3 and Smash Directs: honestly, we just don't know what will happen with a trailer-only Direct because we haven't actually had one. Feel free to hope for the best (I very much want to be wrong), but always hype responsibly!
That would leave us with a blank space on sunday. Remember, there's normally a character posted on sunday, and it was not originally intended to be Bowser.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
That would leave us with a blank space on sunday. Remember, there's normally a character posted on sunday, and it was not originally intended to be Bowser.
That's the spot for the character from the trailer. Japan does them on separate days; I imagine we would get the post with the trailer in the West and just not get a new post til Monday night.

Last edited:

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Probably going to sleep soon, so here's a GS track for everyone to listen:

This song is very melancholic, yet it's one of the most memorable for me from when I first played TLA, and it's tied to my memory of arriving to Garoh, exploring the town under the moonlight and meeting the werewolves. It's very beautiful in my opinion.

Anyone else enjoy it?

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
Well darn, I already had a feeling it was going to be Isaac in the Direct but now I'm more sure than ever...so like, 51% sure, haha. I still don't want to take anything for granted.

I'm sure we're getting the direct Thursday (for you guys) and Friday morning here in Japan, so probably exactly one week after it was originally set to air. Not much longer to go...

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord

This song is very melancholic, yet it's one of the most memorable for me from when I first played TLA, and it's tied to my memory of arriving to Garoh, exploring the town under the moonlight and meeting the werewolves. It's very beautiful in my opinion.

Anyone else enjoy it?
The slow-paced and emotional songs of Camelot always felt underrated to me. They're capable of making some really good atmospheric songs when they want to. This one was always a personal favorite that stuck with me:

But both songs are really good for reflecting on, both in the game and IRL. I'll have to come back to these if Isaac is revealed. It'll really sink in just how far we will have come.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma

Anyone else enjoy it?
One of my favorite songs and moments across both games. It's kind of like Lavender Town in Pokemon: the music sells you on the mood and story of the area.

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
That's the spot for the character from the trailer. Japan does them on separate days; I imagine we would get the post with the trailer in the West and just not get a new post til Monday night.
Doubtful. On August 8th, we got the character blog post and the trailer post all at once for both characters. I don't see them keeping the character post until sunday.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Hype responsibly, boys. You don't want to get so worked up over the possibility of Isaac that getting some other character becomes a disappointment! I'm sure whatever character we get minus any big dumb cats will be an interesting addition, undeserving of negativity!

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Doubtful. On August 8th, we got the character blog post and the trailer post all at once for both characters. I don't see them keeping the character post until sunday.
Like I said, that's how they do it on the Japanese version of the blog. For the Smash Direct the trailers came on Wednesday their time, the Simon video/memory on Thursday, and the K. Rool video/memory on Friday. In the West we just got them all on one day and resumed normal posting the following Sunday.

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
Hype responsibly, boys. You don't want to get so worked up over the possibility of Isaac that getting some other character becomes a disappointment! I'm sure whatever character we get minus any big dumb cats will be an interesting addition, undeserving of negativity!
I totally agree. I've said before that the game could come out tomorrow with just the info we have and I'd be 100% satisfied with it.

Now consider that there are probably going to be 3-5 more unique newcomers and 3-5 echoes just in the base game (arbitrary number there but I'm confident it's right), all of which will probably be extremely hype. Along with some sort of single player mode that could be anything from another Adventure mode to a full fledged Subspace Emissary 2 (though I suspect somewhere in between). And then we will doubtless continue to receive DLC characters and stages for a good amount of time, maybe into 2020. It's hard not to get hype. We may be witnessing the single greatest video game crossover ever created. Even the next Smash title will have a difficult time ever living up to this one, and nobody would blame them if they had to strip it back down because this game will probably be a once in a lifetime kind of deal.

Now, if on top of all of that, 1-2 of those characters happen to be Isaac/Felix? Well, that would just be the cherry on top of the world's greatest sundae.

So I tell you, friends, hype responsibly, but above all, HYPE.

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
Like I said, that's how they do it on the Japanese version of the blog. For the Smash Direct the trailers came on Wednesday their time, the Simon video/memory on Thursday, and the K. Rool video/memory on Friday. In the West we just got them all on one day and resumed normal posting the following Sunday.
No, here's what actually happened. The Smash direct aired 7-8 our time, correct? That would be at or close to midnight theirs. So then, the character trailers got posted right after the direct, and then, but an hour later, the Simon trailer and memory got posted. It wasn't actually an entire day's difference, it was only a mere hour.

All I'm saying is that they won't leave the character blog post for the next day; the only reason it seems that they did for that was because of the updating happening an hour after the direct.

Last edited:

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038

Anyone else enjoy it?
When I first arrived to Garoh and heard this music, I couldn't hope but just take a break and have Felix stand next to the lake
with the moon reflecting from the water. It has a peaceful feel to it while still having melancholy within it.

Golden Sun has a great balance of Intense but awesome tracks but while still having music you can sit down and think about.
Whenever I hear this song, I can't help but think about the night sky with dark clouds covering half of the moon. While a wolf
sleeps in a den with her babies...

I overthink a lot when I listen to music lol

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
Can confirm that the August direct was at 11PM Japan time. I lost quite a bit of sleep and I was a zombie at work the next day but it was way worth it.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
No, here's what actually happened. The Smash direct aired 7-8 our time, correct? That would be at or close to midnight theirs. So then, the character trailers got posted right after the direct, and then, but an hour later, the Simon trailer and memory got posted. It wasn't actually an entire day's difference, it was only a mere hour.
Sure, but it still wasn't posted in the same batch, and you still have K. Rool's video and memory coming another day after that. Meanwhile we just had a big break in the posts as we were briefly ahead by posting them all at once. I fully expect the same scenario here, thus placing the newcomer video/memory on Monday's post slot in Japan where we just get it with the Direct on Thursday.

(Admittedly this raises a question as to why we got Bowser on Sunday with no memory post. I don't have a good answer for that beyond being a quirk of the rescheduled posts. I still think they meant for two posts on Friday their time and two posts on Monday, then Toon Link Tuesday and the stage/music now.)

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
This has been the most hopeful I've been since the final section of DLC for Smash 4.

Hopefully they don't reveal someone so off the wall this time that I feel completely... I dunno it was some combination of disgusted, dumbfounded, that sort of thing. It didn't help that she became essentially Smash 4's Metaknight (not as bad, don't take that the wrong way) plus couple that with the other character being another fire emblem character and man was I not a fan of that final DLC. At least Corrin was fairly unique, but man were the new character DLCs in general somewhat imbalanced in places.

Excuse me if my opinions on smash 4's DLC upsets anyone, but man was I not a fan of most of the new DLCs.

ItsYio

Smash Rookie
If Isaac is revealed I'm thinking he's not gonna have Felix as an echo, and instead we'd get Flint as an AT, flying around and damaging opponents with earth psynergy. If Isaac's final smash isn't Judgement, then its probably gonna be Ragnarok, but I'd perfer Ragnarok to be incorporated into his moves somehow, maybe with limited uses that require time to recharge?

And its also possible he's not getting revealed and it might be another character entirely. Even if that did happen though, I'd still be really excited! Sakurai and his team have done an amazing job with the cinematics for the reveals, all of them have made me hype each time, so regardless of what happens, I know I'll still enjoy it in the end :)

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
I think Ryu and the returning veterans were the best of the Sm4sh DLCs. I was unbelievably excited about Cloud but I still can't help feeling like he doesn't quite belong. I get the reasoning that he represents FF as a series and he is the most iconic FF character, but it still doesn't sit 100% right in my stomach since Smash is supposed to be all about NINTENDO history and he's really bending the rules. Bayonetta makes even less sense but I get that she's essentially become a second party character even if I'm not a fan of her games.

I can't help but feel like there would be a lot fewer people asking for Goku if Cloud and Bayonetta hadn't bent the rules quite so near the breaking point.

But please don't mind me, I'm just a cranky old man. If Goku DID get into Smash I would be rolling on the floor laughing and I'd shell out however much they charged, but it would still be wrong :p

Last edited:

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
I think Ryu and the returning veterans were the best of the Sm4sh DLCs. I was unbelievably excited about Cloud but I still can't help feeling like he doesn't quite belong. I get the reasoning that he represents FF as a series and he is the most iconic FF character, but it still doesn't sit 100% right in my stomach since Smash is supposed to be all about NINTENDO history and he's really bending the rules. Bayonetta makes even less sense but I get that she's essentially become a second party character even if I'm not a fan of her games.

I can't help but feel like there would be a lot fewer people asking for Goku if Cloud and Bayonetta hadn't bent the rules quite so near the breaking point.

But please don't mind me, I'm just a cranky old man. If Goku DID get into Smash I would be rolling on the floor laughing and I'd shell out however much they charged, but it would still be wrong :p
I get what you mean /feel with Cloud. I think it was necessary in case they ever want to add another Square Enix character because well, they are also a company and of course they wouldn't miss the chance of Smash superb promotion to their biggest franchise. I believe something similar went on with Snake and the Belmonts

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I've never played a Metal Gear game but I can't feel too bad about Snake since he was a personal favor between Kojima and Sakurai and he opened the door for further 3rd party representation.

The Belmonts I don't really see as a case of cross-company promotion, though. I mean, in the sense of free money for Konami, yes, but outside of that mobile game they launched it's not like they're doing anything with the franchise currently that would have led them to demand that Simon and Richter specifically be in Smash. I can totally see Squeenix asking for Cloud to be in first before anybody Sakurai actually wanted (like Geno) could be allowed in though. Simon and Richter can't have been popular ballot picks either, since most people probably just voted to have Snake return. That leads me to believe that Sakurai went out and asked for Simon by name. Castlevania may never have been a mega commercial hit, but it is truly iconic and influential, and I would say Simon at least has earned his spot several times over by being so intertwined with Nintendo's early history. Richter is a happy coincidence of the Echo character system and I'm happy to have him on board as well.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
The music being moved probably points towards the newcomer being from a new series doesn't it?

There wouldn't really be a reason to move it otherwise. Unless it was a specific characters theme tune.

It's probably safe to say Pikmin isn't getting a newcomer at least. :p

Last edited:

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
By the way, can I just say how amazing and delightful it is that there have been zero verifiable leaks this entire reveal season? Nintendo's running a completely ironclad operation this time. They're not messing around, lol. Even the Castlevania music snafu was completely self-inflicted. It's not like someone leaked the music track.

Sure, you have "insiders" like Verge and loz, but even if everything they say is true, they've said they don't know everything.

I was sure the Direct reveal would have been spoiled by now, but we're just as in the dark as we were a week ago. It's incredible. Props to Nintendo for keeping us guessing probably right up until the final reveal.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I feel kinda bad bringing him up again but I was in the general smash discussion thread and apparently loz18 made a post saying the reveal isn't Isaac.

He seems to be hinting at Banjo & Kazooie. ("two familiar faces")

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
The music being moved probably points towards the newcomer being from a new series doesn't it?

There wouldn't really be a reason to move it otherwise. Unless it was a specific characters theme tune.

Unless that’s what they want us to think...

VexTheHex

Smash Ace

Sadly Pikmin's chance went down with Pikmin 4 still not getting any coverage. I was hoping for more Pikmin love, but that's looking pretty close to non-existent. At most, I'm hoping for Titan Dweevil as a Boss.

I'd say the music could go either way though. If it's say LoZ music planned to go alongside a LoZ newcomer, it'd still get delayed the same as if it was Golden Sun music for a Golden Sun newcomer. It doesn't really help point us either way.

Or any generic looking swordsmen. Stay classy!

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I feel kinda bad bringing him up again but I was in the general smash discussion thread and apparently loz18 made a post saying the reveal isn't Isaac.

I'm part of the discord he is in and he constantly trolls people jokingly like that, we already know (in the discord) that he is never leaking us anything, he even said it himself at some point. He just likes messing around with people there (most of members are kids or very young) and they just "go along" with the trolling as well. It's just for fun. So I suggest you all that we don't take discord type of screenshots or whatever as 100% gossip or whatever. The only serious things he says are never leaks of smash, but rather how some things are handled and if he has heard about some movements with things happening soon or not, and even so he never says dates or anything, he just keeps teasing with different possibilities. All in all, he is fun to talk to about other stuff, but when it comes to smash, no one should take seriously what he says specially if it's directly to possible newcomers and such, he is NEVER telling us directly any of it again, we were lucky he actually leaked once back then. Let's just wait for the direct, he has indeed said to lower expectations, but that of course is a relative thing to do, since everyone has different expectations (or at least that's how i see it, lol). Let's stay hyped, shall we? Anything is possible.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord

The timing of said music posting, even if the content isn't definitively indicative of a newcomer, could be suspicious enough to warrant a change. They aren't ones to take risks like that with leaks this time around, especially when a music post is what ended up spoiling the presence of Castlevania content.

They might want to play it safe, even if it's a Sun & Moon, Xenoblade X, or Majora's Mask music post.

DogManStar

Smash Ace

I'd be inclined to believe him if the evidence we found didn't seem to suggest an echo from the same new IP.

Top Bottom