• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Lonodel

Smash Journeyman
man True Blue Warrior True Blue Warrior has alot of stuff on his hands, I couldn't resist checking in one last time, to see XenoWarriorX XenoWarriorX our resident cynic think he's revealed tomorrow is impressive. even if he doesn't have to switch his pic i think we still get to see Pwnapplez Pwnapplez eat his dark dawn game XD nite y'all

Nossnitro102

Smash Journeyman
I finally caught up... *pants* Y-You guys.. oof... x.x
I guess I was wrong though about the direct being next week. I'm glad to be wrong for once. If they don't show us a pokemon then I think we are getting SK, Isaac, and/or Geno in this one. Probably.
Maybe?
Am I dumb for thinking any of those three as the likely suspects if it's not a pokemon?

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Perfect costume set for Isaac!
Isaac 2.png

And Isaac should have a Saturos skin too..

Saturos 6.png

Because Proxian Isaac would be dope!

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
I don't think Incineroar has to necessrily be expected tomorrow to fit some criteria for the audience as there doesn't seem to be rhyme or reason for character reveals most of the time.

Back in Smash 4 Little Mac was the very first trailer revealed in a February direct when people were expecting Dixie Kong since Tropical Freeze was set to release the next day (in addition to it being Valentine's day and since Diddy wasn't revealed think the tag team theories were running rampant then). Little Mac's trailer was also the only Smash news showed off that direct.

Greninja, wouldn't be reavealed until two months later at the very end of a Smash centered direct. The mainstream Pokemon rep wasn't presented at a general direct for more mainstream recognition then. Heck even Robin, who was way less popular of a character choice than Chrom back for new FE representation got picked to be the special trailer that was uploaded by itself. And most people had no idea who Robin was.

So I wouldn't think it's too out there to expect Isaac or Geno (they'd both be long requested, popular ballot picks anyways so they wouldn't be completely unrecognizable Joes to the smash world).

With that said I could still see Isaac being saved for a later date for Sakurai to sit down and introduce the character/series himself especially if he comes with a Felix echo. Either way since Incineroar has been thrown around much, so expecting him to be surprised by a different newcomer is likely the mindset I'll have going into the direct, I say as I chant Isaac's name the minute the direct starts lol.

Last edited:

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
If Isaac gets revealed, what do we think is the likelihood of a Felix echo? It almost seems like asking for too much, but at the same time it works perfectly and Echoes seem to be a big sub theme this time around. I'm gonna say 60%.

Yuki Setsuna

Smash Rookie
Well seems like the direct got delayed. This wait will surely feel eternal but I hope everyone in Japan is safe

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
I would kinda like Team Rocket to be the new Pokemon character instead of a random Pokemon. They're a villain and they can have 3 Pokemon (Meowth, Arbok, ???) that play very different from the existing ones. Also, it would fit with Let's Go being based on Yellow. Embarrass
Man, I have always wanted Team Rocket's Meowth to be playable! His specials could be assists from Arbok and Weezing plus some crazy gadgets they used in the anime. Oh that would be too perfect! Might have to start that thread after Isaac gets in lol.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Well the Direct got delayed. I hope Japan stays safe. This is the right call TBH. Was surprised it took this long to cancel, which made me think they weren't going to cancel it.

Last edited:

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
I hope everybody is safe, they have my condolences and sympathies. They can take all the time they want honestly. The direct most likely is already pre-recorded so I don't expect the wait to be that long

Last edited:

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
Well the Direct got delayed. I hope Japan stays safe. This is the right call TBH. Was surprised it took this long to cancel, which made me think they weren't going to cancel it.
I didn't even know all this was going on. Last I heard they were dealing with intense heat waves. I had no clue they dealt with a massive typhoon and then 2 earthquakes. Just hope as many people as possible can stay safe over there.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Now I'm even more on edge...will stuff be changed in the Newly scheduled direct?

God, I hate Mother Nature sometimes. ****ing up everything up. I hope those people are okay. They didn't deserve this happening to them.
I hope everybody is safe, they have my condolences and sympathies. They can take all the time they want honestly. The direct most likely is already pre-recorde so I don't expect the wait to be that long
Wait, how long do you think the postpone will be? 3 days? A week at most?

I'm honestly expecting to wait another week, which is expected. I just hope I'm sane by then.

Last edited:

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
So do you think the direct was delayed because of Isaac? I wouldn't really be right revealing a character who cause earthquakes right after an earthquake.

StormC

Smash Hero
It will probably be within a week. I hope they can get the situation under control.

The Direct is pre-recorded, which makes me wonder how likely leaks are.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I didn't even know all this was going on. Last I heard they were dealing with intense heat waves. I had no clue they dealt with a massive typhoon and then 2 earthquakes. Just hope as many people as possible can stay safe over there.
Sadly 2 people died in the earthquake. Hopefully 0 more.

And right now 3.5 million people are without power as a result of the earthquake, and some could be out of power for at least a week as a major generator was damaged in the earthquake.

Nossnitro102

Smash Journeyman
So do you think the direct was delayed because of Isaac? I wouldn't really be right revealing a character who cause earthquakes right after an earthquake.
I don't think they'd delay it over something like that. Dozens are reportedly missing.. so that's what I think it is.. Plus the risk of aftershocks and potential damage to buildings and the shockwaves. Does anyone know the magnitude it was?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If there's an actual earthquake in Isaac's trailer, they'll probably cut the trailer. Now that it's delayed, swap it with another, sit on Isaac til later.

However, I find that all quite unlikely. It's likely just due to the country having bigger things to focus on atm.

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
If there's an actual earthquake in Isaac's trailer, they'll probably cut the trailer. Now that it's delayed, swap it with another, sit on Isaac til later.

However, I find that all quite unlikely.
Oh god...the possibility that it actually happened is...actually terrifying me.

Tetiro

Smash Ace
What if they delayed it because Isaac was the reveal and his moveset includes earthquakes?

(I'm choosing to interpret this as positively as possible. Luckily we in Tokyo weren't affected but this weather lately has had me on a knife's edge)

EDIT: oh lol someone already thought of that. And here I was thinking I'm so clever :(
If that is the reason it's the one time I wouldn't want Isaac.

I love Isaac but it would feel very insensitive. In fact out of sheer respect for Japan right now I am not even going to speculate Isaac being in the upcoming Direct. I'll speculate for the next one. For now, I am just going to watch the Direct whenever it arrives and enjoy it.

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
I don't think they'd delay it over something like that. Dozens are reportedly missing.. so that's what I think it is.. Plus the risk of aftershocks and potential damage to buildings and the shockwaves. Does anyone know the magnitude it was?
6.7, so pretty massive. I really hope they're not going to be hit by any more, that's tragic.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Oh god...the possibility that it actually happened is...actually terrifying me.
I don't want to give the impression I actually believe that's the case. I think it's because the country's in a bit of a crisis atm, and priorities should be elsewhere than a Direct.

It was just one possible if unlikely repercussion of these events.

Tetiro

Smash Ace
I don't want to give the impression I actually believe that's the case. I think it's because the country's in a bit of a crisis atm, and priorities should be elsewhere than a Direct.

It was just one possible if unlikely repercussion of these events.
I am in the same boat. It's just not right to speculate or believe in Isaac. Or any other character in fact. For now we just wait hope the death numbers stay low

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Well, i guess I'll just post this since topics here will probably be scarce till the direct.

I do really like the remix, despite the weak beginning.

candyissweet

Smash Apprentice
I'm not going to say anything more about Isaac's chances for a while, but our reputation is on VERY thin ice right now. Since we're a big fanbase, it's going to be impossible to stop everyone from jumping to conclusions about the contents of the Direct, so to dilute that, each of us individually need to show the Internet that we are more mature than that. This event has left us in a really unfavorable position, but we can still pull through and minimize the damage if each of us stay respectful towards the victims of the earthquake, at least until the direct finally lands, where hopefully we get someone other than Isaac.

Last edited:

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
The graphic on Nintendo's UK Twitter changed from 06/09/2018 to 07/09/2018 which seems to indicate it'll only be a one day delay hopefully.

Tetiro

Smash Ace
I'm not going to say anything more about Isaac's chances for a while, but our reputation is on VERY thin ice right now. Since we're a big fanbase, it's going to be impossible to stop everyone from jumping to conclusions about the contents of the Direct, so to dilute that, each of us individually need to show the Internet that we are more mature than that. This event has left us in a really unfavorable position, but we can still pull through and minimize the damage if each of us stay respectful towards the victims of the earthquake.
Candy is right. For now, our focus should not be on promoting Isaac or talking about his "definitely going to be revealed". Instead, we should talk about the games, his moveset, etc. Anything other than that Direct potentially having Isaac.

And if anyone comes in wanting an argument, we explain that we are putting out love for Isaac aside in respect for Japan. Isaac will come one day. But that day is not today.

Only and only when the Direct gets a brand new date and time should we be speculating his arrival again. For now, we should show our respect not just to Japan but Isaac too.

Last edited:

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
I'm no expert, but could that be due to time zones? I feel like that might be a bit too soon.

Regardless of whether it's a day, a week, or even a month I am fine with any length delay since the priority is on the safety of people in Hokkaido.

Top Bottom