• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

gspindles

Smash Rookie
As much I as I want Isaac to be revealed already so we don't have to be in the dark anymore, I think Isaac is not as likely to be revealed for today's direct... I think his reveal during a smash direct is more likely. Hoping to be proven wrong though.

On the topic of Pokemon, do you guys think maybe the direct tomorrow will go over Pokemon Let's Go at all, or will Let's Go get its own specific direct?
Let's Go release date is projected to be Nov 16. So I think if it gets its own special direct sometimes between later this month and October, I can see a Pokemon newcomer being announced then to cross promote/advertise.

I think Incineroar is 2nd worse fire starter final stage after Emboar, so as big Pokemon fan, I would not be excited at all :urg:. I would prefer Tapu Koko or Buzzwole if there will be a Gen 7 rep, but I'd be happy to settle for Decidueye as well if new Pokemon rep is as inevitable as we make it out to be.

Last edited:

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
Imagine if they revealed the Golden Sun Complete Saga for Switch, featuring Golden Sun, The Lost Age, Dark Dawn and the fourth installment.

Secondarily imagine if GS 1,2 and 3 were all updated graphically and fixed some of the problems they had.

How hype would you all be?

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Whew, finally sifted through 20 pages of discussion. Tomorrow’s gonna be crazy!

It’s heartwarming to see so many people from other threads wish us luck, the idea of having Smash be about fanbase wants really made the post-reveal speculation really awesome (in contrast to the cutthroat nature of 4’s). Sakurai should take note (maybe we can get all Smash games from now on to be fanservice?)

Since we talking Pokémon newcomers, here’s my two cents. I think whoever gets in Smash should be iconic, so seeing the fandom split between picks pretty much screams ‘none of these Pokémon will have lasting popularity’ to me. That’s no good. I’m a detractor for gratuitous additions, and would rather wait for the DLC season to add a Pokémon. Still, if the fans haven’t settled what Gen 7 Pokémon are popular by now, maybe they never will. (For context, I’m all for Eevee or Meowth in Smash because they are hugely recognizable)

Spring Man and Rex gained a lot of legitimacy for when they are inevitably added as DLC because people got to play their games and like them before they got added. Corrin, in contrast, is a lot more controversial. I want less Corrins in Smash if possible, especially in one where spots are limited and when it’s do-or-die for so many characters.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Okay, I'm gonna predict that Isaac IS going to be revealed to be in the direct tomorrow.
If I'm wrong? I'll have Pac-land as my profile picture, with the caption "The Best Smash Stage" unironically pasted in there.
And trust me, I ****ing hate Pac-land.

Enchess

Smash Lord
Imagine if they revealed the Golden Sun Complete Saga for Switch, featuring Golden Sun, The Lost Age, Dark Dawn and the fourth installment.

Secondarily imagine if GS 1,2 and 3 were all updated graphically and fixed some of the problems they had.

How hype would you all be?
If that happens, I'll start getting emotional at work and embarrassing myself in front of everyone.

Last edited:

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
Whew, finally sifted through 20 pages of discussion. Tomorrow’s gonna be crazy!

It’s heartwarming to see so many people from other threads wish us luck, the idea of having Smash be about fanbase wants really made the post-reveal speculation really awesome (in contrast to the cutthroat nature of 4’s). Sakurai should take note (maybe we can get all Smash games from now on to be fanservice?)

Since we talking Pokémon newcomers, here’s my two cents. I think whoever gets in Smash should be iconic, so seeing the fandom split between picks pretty much screams ‘none of these Pokémon will have lasting popularity’ to me. That’s no good. I’m a detractor for gratuitous additions, and would rather wait for the DLC season to add a Pokémon. Still, if the fans haven’t settled what Gen 7 Pokémon are popular by now, maybe they never will. (For context, I’m all for Eevee or Meowth in Smash because they are hugely recognizable)

Spring Man and Rex gained a lot of legitimacy for when they are inevitably added as DLC because people got to play their games and like them before they got added. Corrin, in contrast, is a lot more controversial. I want less Corrins in Smash if possible, especially in one where spots are limited and when it’s do-or-die for so many characters.
Corrin's addition felt like a slap in the face to the smash community, even to FE fans like myself. The only reason Corrin was included was to promote IS' latest excretion

StormC

Smash Hero
A Pokemon doesn’t need to be iconic to be in Smash, it just needs to be a Pokemon.

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
I think people forget that part of the reason for hostility in past reveal seasons was because people were afraid their favorite veterans would be cut. I imagine it was a heart wrenching time for Wolf and Ice Climber mains seeing everyone else's favorite veterans confirmed and then seeing the bad news when the ESRB leak dropped.

Now that we know everyone is coming back right up front, and the first few reveals have been fan favorites and hype generators, it means 95% of people are already satisfied with the state of the game, so it's easy to be positive and supportive. To be honest any further reveals just feel like a bonus to me. Isaac not being included is the only one that has the possibility to upset me, but it's not like the game will be bad regardless.

Holdenon

Smash Cadet
Okay, I'm gonna predict that Isaac IS going to be revealed to be in the direct tomorrow.
If I'm wrong? I'll have Pac-land as my profile picture, with the caption "The Best Smash Stage" unironically pasted in there.
I wish I was as optimistic as you right now

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
I think people forget that part of the reason for hostility in past reveal seasons was because people were afraid their favorite veterans would be cut. I imagine it was a heart wrenching time for Wolf and Ice Climber mains seeing everyone else's favorite veterans confirmed and then seeing the bad news when the ESRB leak dropped.

Now that we know everyone is coming back right up front, and the first few reveals have been fan favorites and hype generators, it means 95% of people are already satisfied with the state of the game, so it's easy to be positive and supportive. To be honest any further reveals just feel like a bonus to me. Isaac not being included is the only one that has the possibility to upset me, but it's not like the game will be bad regardless.
Hare agree. I'd buy the game in its current state with no regrets

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
I am weirded a little that even the Pokémon Fandom can't decide who is recognizable enough to be in Smash. I mean Gen 6 had Greninja but also Sylveon maybe. Now the Pokémon fans are at each other's throats between starters, ultra beasts, and popularly merchandised (Lycanroc and Mimikyu). I think the Pokémon newcomer could be tomorrow's reveal to tie in with Pokémon let's go(should be Eevee but he may be too cute for Smash) or if they announce another Pokémon related thing. I still have a thing in the back of my mind screaming Isaac even though I am trying to keep my hype checked

Tiymako

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tiymako
3DS FC
3969-4335-6560
Switch FC
4983-0183-9411
Ever thought that the chair colours in the last Direct could be for Isaac since he has the 3 primary colours, Red, Blue and Yellow. Instead Red + Blue equals Purple and the Yellow is for obvious reasons the scarf?

Maybe the Couch and cushion colours could be for Felix? Maybe it's a stretch? Or maybe it's Skull Kid or Rayman? *shrugs*

ZelDan

Smash Master
As far as gen VII pokemon reps go, Decidueye is the one I'd want, just becuase he easily has my favorite design for that gen, or perhaps just in the series in general. That said, as soon as Sakurai told us "not too expect too many newcomers," Decidueye lost some interest for me. I liked the idea of him in Smash, but not THAT much.

My feelings on Incineroar? Meh, I was never crazy about his design either (which is a shame because I like the design of his first and second forms/evolutions). Still, I could look over his "whatever" design if he has a cool looking moveset, which I think he potentially could because he's a mixture of both fire and wrestling.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
A Pokemon doesn’t need to be iconic to be in Smash, it just needs to be a Pokemon.
Oh. i didn't know that's all a pokemon rep needed to do. Existing is enough.

Does that mean my favorite pokemon can be a fighter?
#Gumshoos4Smash
2735-Shiny-Gumshoos.png

Edit: Gumshoos isn't my favorite. I cheated all of you. I cheated all of you and you didn't even notice.

Last edited:

Tetiro

Smash Ace
My only guess is that it will be either be a Pokemon (not as likely this time) or a highly requested character. All of the characters (minus Richter) are highly requested characters so it wouldn't surprise me if another one is shown tonight

Red Dead Redeemed

Smash Journeyman
Yo dudes, saw so many kind words of support from the Issac team on the Geno and Shantae boards so I thought I'd pop on over to say that I wish you all the best of luck tomorrow. Even if I am personally not an Issac supporter, he clearly must be something special if he has had this much support for so long, and you guys deserve some long needed vindication!

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
And that’s sad.

Meanwhile other characters are judged by a completely different standard. You can have an iconic, recognizable, unique moveset potential, critically acclaimed, commercially successful, highly demanded character, and yet Sakurai still won’t give us 50 Cent.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Yo dudes, saw so many kind words of support from the Issac team on the Geno and Shantae boards so I thought I'd pop on over to say that I wish you all the best of luck tomorrow. Even if I am personally not a Issac supporter, he clearly must be something special if he has had this much support for so long, and you guys deserve some long needed vindication!
It means a lot for you to take the time of your day to give us good luck.

Thank you. It means so much to everyone here.

Muirkat

Smash Apprentice
Oh man, I almost forgot. So I was at PAX West this past weekend and got to try out the Smash Demo a few times. A few things I noticed while playing:

1) Characters feel much more weighty, they don't feel as light weight and floaty as they do in Smash 4.

2) I know some people thought the smoke trails the characters leave were kind of distracting, it's not bad at all when you are playing a match.

3) WTF Ganondorf can hold his Smash attacks indefinitely!!! I sat there in a fight and was just holding his up smash for about 10 seconds and it never went off until I let go of A. (This makes me happy since I've mained Ganondorf for a long time, but it was also the E3 build so it could have been fixed since then)

4) Squirtle with the tanooki suit is maybe the most adorable thing Smash Bros has ever done.

Edit: Also keep yours eyes open for another possible screw up on Nintendo's part. It probably won't happen but if we're lucky they'll accidentally leak something on the website or youtube

Last edited:

Enchess

Smash Lord
Thank goodness I can finally start rooting for Trubbish
think about it. You can beat your opponents into the ground as literal trash. And people thought Pichu was the ultimate disrespect

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
Well, I know you're partly joking but Pokemon is like the biggest selling franchise on the planet so it really doesn't have to prove anything. Two decades after the original games came out, Pokemon Go brought America together in a way we'll probably never see again. So I'm cool with more Pokemon being added even if I've personally outgrown the series, and I think Sakurai has picked pretty cool ones so far.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
better keep your word.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
I would kinda like Team Rocket to be the new Pokemon character instead of a random Pokemon. They're a villain and they can have 3 Pokemon (Meowth, Arbok, ???) that play very different from the existing ones. Also, it would fit with Let's Go being based on Yellow. Embarrass

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
Yo dudes, saw so many kind words of support from the Issac team on the Geno and Shantae boards so I thought I'd pop on over to say that I wish you all the best of luck tomorrow. Even if I am personally not an Issac supporter, he clearly must be something special if he has had this much support for so long, and you guys deserve some long needed vindication!
Thank you so much, we greatly appreciate it! Let's hope for the best and that the popularly requested characters keep being the chosen newcomers this time around for Geno's and Shantae's sake as much as Isaac's

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
One thing that's making me doubt Incineroar or at least Incineroar on his own, is that Sakurai would be aware that he might not be a popular pick. Since he would have had to choose Incineroar in a similar way to Greninja.

I sorta feel with the way the focus has been on fan favourites Sakurai might want to reveal Incineroar alongside a ballot pick.

I know Greninja appeared on his own but we did get Charizard revealed in his trailer too.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
One thing that's making me doubt Incineroar or at least Incineroar on his own, is that Sakurai would be aware that he might not be a popular pick. Since he would have had to choose Incineroar in a similar way to Greninja.

I sorta feel with the way the focus has been on fan favourites Sakurai might want to reveal Incineroar alongside a ballot pick.

I know Greninja appeared on his but we did get Charizard revealed in his trailer too.
I can see Incineroar as a Smash Direct opener, but they might want a character with more recognition among general audiences for a normal Direct.

Plus Incineroar would be a bit of a breather from the insane 1-2-3 of Ridley/Simon Belmont/King K. Rool.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Just popping in before bed to wish you guys luck tomorrow (today?). I hope Isaac makes it in so you guys can celebrate the character you've fought so hard for. Although I never played the games (I plan to) I'd like to be a part of the support list. Once again, good luck y'all.

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
Ever thought that the chair colours in the last Direct could be for Isaac since he has the 3 primary colours, Red, Blue and Yellow. Instead Red + Blue equals Purple and the Yellow is for obvious reasons the scarf?

Maybe the Couch and cushion colours could be for Felix? Maybe it's a stretch? Or maybe it's Skull Kid or Rayman? *shrugs*
I was just thinking that.
I'm starting to believe that may be directed towards Isaac fans than Skull Kid fans
(As much as I like Skull Kid).

Top Bottom