• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Hey, guys. I know hype is high due to the Direct. I get why. But let's try and be a bit more constructive right now and avoid too many spam-like posts. Less one-liners/pictures and a bit more discussion.

Heck, I want him to show up and I'm hyped as ever(especially since I'm off during the direct(well, time-wise, anyway))! But still, the topic is overflowing with an extreme amount of messages lately. Let's cut back a little and not get so hyped we start to spam, alright?

Still, good luck with getting your character in!
Alright, LST. We'll try to cut down on the one-liner posts. We don't want to stress the server anymore than we already have. ^^

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Hey, guys. I know hype is high due to the Direct. I get why. But let's try and be a bit more constructive right now and avoid too many spam-like posts. Less one-liners/pictures and a bit more discussion.

Heck, I want him to show up and I'm hyped as ever(especially since I'm off during the direct(well, time-wise, anyway)! But still, the topic is overflowing with an extreme amount of messages lately. Let's cut back a little and not get so hyped we start to spam, alright?

Still, good luck with getting your character in!
I heard someone was double posting in the Geno thread.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I heard someone was double posting in the Geno thread.
Do report and I or another mod will be on it. :)

I got a report about a post here, and seeing how big the thread got recently, I felt it was best to just say something. :)

Metocles

Smash Journeyman
See, I'm fine with Pokemon in general. As I've said before, part of the reason Smash Bros. is the way it is today is somewhat off the back of Pokemon popularity to boost SSB64 notoriety. Back then, every kid was scooping up anything that had a trace of Pokemon in it, including OG Smash. I'd be okay if there were a new playable Pokemon too this time around. It just feels like there's a pool of better choices, not the least of which were contained within the ballot. Sun/Moon wasn't a particularly strong generation and they'd be able to service themselves just fine by putting in Sceptile, Gardevoir, etc. instead of an underwhelming one that everyone is setting themselves up for unless you really wanted one from this generation.

Sun/Moon is already plastered all over this game already with advertising twice the box cover legendaries, Solgaleo and Lunala as Pokeball Pokemon in two different Nintendo Directs and including fun and weird variations in Alolan Exeggutor and Mimikyu. But, yeah, Sun/Moon Pokemon does feel inbound in light of that. Oh well...

Last edited:

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Sorry, sometimes I forget this is a discussion thread and think this as more like a chat.

Also 6 pm tomorrow right? Anyone can look at stars and see someway this is a hint to any character( but don't look to close to the stars or you only will be seeing Geno and Kirby)

ItsYio

Smash Rookie
I think its a given that tommorows direct is gonna have updates on the online service, as well as the classic nes/snes titles Nintendo is going to add. Probably with some additional info on the new Xenoblade 2 content, and some more footage of pokemon lets go!

At the very end they're gonna announce something smash related for sure...I'm really hoping its a reveal of Isaac as a playable character of course :D

Also hi y'all! New here, decided to make an account after lurking for a bit and realizing how chill and supportive people are here, even of other characters, it's awesome

smash puffle

Smash Ace
Heyo. I'm more of a Geno guy myself, but I hope for you guys to finally get your character, either tomorrow or in the next few months!

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
Even as a Pokemon fan the only Pokemon I ever play as is Mewtwo. I do feel like Pokemon DLC in Smash would be the ideal way to do it. Pokemon Let's go is coming in November, Smash is launching in December (with a fair amount of Pokemon already) and the Pokemon Company will probably want to promote their brand somehow before the 2019 title release. Also Incineroar did not exist during the Smash Ballot unlike Isaac.

Last edited:

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
By the way, can I please be added to the supporters' list?

I'm so excited about tomorrow! I think the only anti-hype things they could announce for me are a Pokemon or another Fire Emblem character, but even then at least we would be getting them out of the way so we can have even more exciting reveals closer to launch.

Rooting for our boy to pull through, though. It's gonna be awkward when I have to change my forum name two days after making an account but it'll be for the best reason possible.

Last edited:

Takasmash

Smash Ace
I could imagine a Golden Sun game announcement and Isaac announce to be in smash ultimate similar how Cloud got in Smash 4.

Yuki Setsuna

Smash Rookie
I really enjoyed GEN 7 so I think a pokemon representative would be nice. Although I personally would prefer something unique and unexpected like an ultra beast. Alternatively, mixing pokemon with golden sun in the same direct would lead to fun results like maybe getting to see a djinn interact with a pokemon. (If djinn make it to Isaac's moveset somehow, they could also be something we'd get to see a lot in the game.)

As for ATs I don't think they'd showcase much of those, but they could give us something fun if Isaac gets revealed like a Saturos/Alex AT in the background for just a few seconds!

Of course I know the likelihood for some of these are very low but it's fun to dream!

grizby2

Smash Lord
wishing you guys lots of luck tomorrow!

and about the pokemon topic: Incineroar's design to me just.... it looks like hot garbage. there I said it. @_@
I literally would have picked litten as my starter if it WEREN'T for the way incineroar looked.

anyway. heres hoping Isaac's NEW 3d model looks as awesome as ever!

Last edited:

DogManStar

Smash Ace
I don't hate the idea of Incineroar honestly, I think you guys are being harsh. Though, I don't think we need a Pokemon newcomer in this game honestly. That's all I'm gonna say on the subject.

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
Do report and I or another mod will be on it. :)

I got a report about a post here, and seeing how big the thread got recently, I felt it was best to just say something. :)
You do good work my friend, keep it up

with the hype reaching such a huge crescendo it must be hard though

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I don't hate the idea of Incineroar honestly, I think you guys are being harsh. Though, I don't think we need a Pokemon newcomer in this game honestly. That's all I'm gonna say on the subject.
I don't hate incinroar either.

And even if i did hate it's design, i think that would make me a hypocrite, since i argued earlier that design doesn't really matter in a character's chances. It's all subjective at the end of the day.

*Totally would get a Gen 3 starter though if given the opportunity.*

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
You do good work my friend, keep it up

with the hype reaching such a huge crescendo it must be hard though
I had to sort through 50 pages of the Official Smash Ultimate Discussion, so...

I opened up a new tab. >.>

But thank you nonetheless~ I try my best!

Also, how many feel that the Djinn should be a major part of the moveset?(you can Like my post if that helps make the "poll" easier).

StormC

Smash Hero
I'd be totally fine with Incineroar and I hope people don't take out their disappointment on him.

I was in the Decidueye camp earlier but I'm fully on board with Incineroar. He'd be a really fun Smash character. I expect him if not Banjo for this Direct.

DogManStar

Smash Ace
I'd be totally fine with Incineroar and I hope people don't take out their disappointment on him.

I was in the Decidueye camp earlier but I'm fully on board with Incineroar. He'd be a really fun Smash character. I expect him if not Banjo for this Direct.
Yeah, I don't think we're getting Isaac tomorrow (possibly not at all even). I still think Banjo is more likely than Isaac, and I think a Pokemon is inevitable. Looks like it's gonna be Incineroar, which I'm ok with

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
I'm not against a new Pokemon rep at all. In fact, I think at least 1 more new Pokemon is a given for the base game, and probably a second one as DLC down the line.

I just think it would be an unexciting reveal when there are so many tantalizing possibilities still unconfirmed like our boy Isaac. The best way to reveal the new Pokemon rep imo would be during another Smash focused direct, where they could reveal the Pokemon alongside other echoes and another new bombshell reveal, that way everyone is happy.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Thought I'd stop on by from the Shantae thread and as a general supporter for Isaac: I really do hope he gets revealed tomorrow, if not soon, as he'll become my instant main if he gets in! :)

Either way, I hope the sun finally shines brightly after tomorrow!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Incineroar is big and dumb and stupid and I hate his stupid face but it's not like he doesn't make sense or "merit inclusion" by Pokemon standards - it's my problem - so I'm just going to enjoy this last little while people won't totally jump down my throat for ****ting on him before he gets revealed and the world forgets just how apathetic it was towards him.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
I had to sort through 50 pages of the Official Smash Ultimate Discussion, so...

I opened up a new tab. >.>

But thank you nonetheless~ I try my best!

Also, how many feel that the Djinn should be a major part of the moveset?(you can Like my post if that helps make the "poll" easier).
I think he would have

Weapon/Utility Psyenergy as tilts
Weapon unleash as Smashes
Psyenergy as Specials
Sword + More Hand based Psyenergy( Force, Lift, Carry, Pound, Scoop) as aerials
Summon as Final Smash
Djinn as GS stage gimmick (like we have in cloud stage)

Undella2

Smash Journeyman
Why does it seem like almost all the direct prediction videos on YouTube have Geno in the title/prominently in the thumbnail and barely feature Isaac at all?

Do more people remember SMRPG than Isaac or something?

I would think that they have roughly equal chances of being in the game at this point.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
It's the "mentioned by Sakurai" effect. Remember how much Takamaru (RIP) blew up before he was revealed to be an AT again?

Last edited:

DogManStar

Smash Ace
Why does it seem like almost all the direct prediction videos on YouTube have Geno in the title/prominently in the thumbnail and barely feature Isaac at all?

I would think that they have roughly equal chances of being in the game at this point.
I think a lot of people think Geno is far more likely because Sakurai acknowledged him in an interview as being highly requested, and because he had a mii costume while Isaac had nothing in Smash 4.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion

It's because Sakurai mentioned him. And the fact that Mario fans probably want him more than Isaac, which is a shame, but I can't shame people's taste.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Incineroar is big and dumb and stupid and I hate his stupid face but it's not like he doesn't make sense or "merit inclusion" by Pokemon standards - it's my problem - so I'm just going to enjoy this last little while people won't totally jump down my throat for ****ting on him before he gets revealed and the world forgets just how apathetic it was towards him.
I don't care about Pokemon in general, and even I can't stand the look of Incineroar. He just looks so STUPID.

It's the "mentioned by Sakurai" effect. Remember how much Takamaru (RIP) blew up before he was revealed to be an AT again?
Ironic considering Sakurai never talked about K. Rool and only talked about Ridley right after E3 in a negative sense. If anything, talking about Geno after he finalized the project plan is a NEGATIVE, not a positive.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Ironic considering Sakurai never talked about K. Rool and only talked about Ridley right after E3 in a negative sense. If anything, talking about Geno after he finalized the project plan is a NEGATIVE, not a positive.
Especially since he was literally talking about he was never able to work things out for his inclusion but whatever.

StormC

Smash Hero
Incineroar is a giant wrestling fire cat. He's practically Shakespeare compared to many of the generic Smash 4 additions.

I just hope the trailer is fun and rewatchable, whoever it is.

Last edited:

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
I think the sheer amount of Pokemon prevents the fanbase from rallying around any ones in particular which is probably a point against them in a popularity ballot, which is where Sakurai seems to be taking his picks from this time around. With that said, the popularity of Pokemon as a whole is undeniable, so I'm sure we'll get someone and Sakurai will choose the coolest possible option. As long as whoever we get is closer to Greninja and Lucario quality than Dark Pit and Lucina and Dr. Mario, I doubt I'd complain. Incineroar, Decidueye, Buzzswole, and all the other ideas I see floating around seem pretty cool to me.

Yuki Setsuna

Smash Rookie
Pokemon can be pretty innovative in a lot of aspects. Gen 7 in particular brought a lot of new things to the table. The new pokemon and gimmicks aside, while playing the game itself they added all these tiny little events and side-quests that made the region feel a lot more unique and alive, a concept they expanded upon and improved greatly on USUM. Not to mention this was a generation that was very heavy on its story and character development just as much as GEN V was. All in all if you look past the surface, pokemon is a really fun series with a very extensive lore and a lot of dedication put behind it.

Either way, regardless of who it is tomorrow, I prefer to keep a positive outlook. It's not like a pokemon rep getting in would hurt Isaac's chances in any way since pokemon is a given and has a well deserved spot. I'd rather have a big wrestler cat any day over another generic fire emblem swordsman with the same base moveset anyway.

And hey, I still want to keep my hopes up that with this generation being SUN and moon, it'd be the perfect chance to tie in a pokemon reveal with golden sun!

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
Sure the Pokémon may not be chosen from the ballot but I doubt they are skipping a Pokémon rep. I think they are not so much hype material because of the variety and everyone having different tastes but a rep is more likely than not. That being said I think is the least "hype" reveal they will have for the reasons listed above. I do hope if that is tomorrow's newcomer that it can be a hint that we will get the Sun and Moon theme reveal with Isaac and Skull Kid though

Top Bottom