• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
To people visiting, good luck to your own supported character in tomorrow's direct, I'm a tad bit hesitant to go posting in a bunch of threads wishing good luck so I'll just do it here.

I don't have work tomorrow and it's in the afternoon so hey I'll probably be awake! (I tend to sleep like Isaac after Colosso every day)

Isaac4SmashUltimate

Smash Apprentice
Most of it comes from Hyrule Warriors. Skull Kid never directly fights you in MM, so the only thing he could take from there is a final smash of the Moon crashing down (which is already an AT) or Majora's Wrath (final boss).

Definitely check out a gameplay video of him in HW if you're interested. Brings a lot of creativity to the table that shows Sakurai can give him a very unique magic moveset.
Sounds like we are looking at him as a boss for SSBUltimate then. :-P

Oh, right, I should watch the gameplay video.

He'd be pretty unique. He could summon a wooden puppet, shoot energy balls, and teleport. Wait.. Zelda echo incoming.
He would almost work like Ganondorf from OoT with the energy balls, lol. That would be hilarious if Skull Kid happens to be an echo for Zelda. XD

As good as anyone's. There have been plenty of characters added over the years that people would've said had no moveset potential. If Hyrule Warriors can come up with moves for him so can Smash.
True. I'm waiting for Black Shadow and whoever else.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Guys, What if this direct is AT special? Like they will show the remaining AT, and in the end they will show Isaac and Skull Kid as playable

Holdenon

Smash Cadet
I would have been fine if Isaac was revealed as an AT at E3 but if they reveal it now after all this wait I'm gonna be upset lmao

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
I'm just gonna go all out and predict that tomorrow the reveals will follow the sun and moon theme. Isaac, skull kid, AND incineroar (I'm crazy, I know)

Geassguy

Smash Journeyman
I'm just gonna go all out and predict that tomorrow the reveals will follow the sun and moon theme. Isaac, skull kid, AND incineroar (I'm crazy, I know)
Three reveals in a 35 minute Direct would be pretty nuts. That would be nice, though.
I definitely think it's possible. The number of unique fighter reveals per direct has been trending up...

Last edited:

Klimax

Smash Ace
Three reveals in a 35 minute Direct would be pretty nuts. That would be nice, though.
One at the very beginning of the direct. The the direct finish with I don't know, 5 minutes of Smash Bros with an echo reveal. Then they say "we have one more announcement" and bam, second newcomer.

We'll get some Smash tomorrow, we know that for a fact but since this is not a Smash focused direct, they will not have the time to present many things (like Spirits mode) so they have to make it quick, revealing echoes and some AT seems like the best option (I don't count the newcomers' trailers).

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
The suspense is killing me...
I hope Sakurai finally listened to us. It would suck if all this wait,
and Isaac end up being AT or not there at all. :(

Klimax

Smash Ace
The suspense is killing me...
I hope Sakurai finally listened to us. It would suck if all this wait,
and Isaac end up being AT or not there at all. :(
Nah, if Isaac is in the game, he will be playable, there's absolutely NO WAY that he's coming back as an AT.
If he's coming back, it will be because Nintendo noticed his popularity and if they notice it, they see that he's one of the most wanted, it wouldn't make sense to make him an AT again.
For me, he has a playable spot or nothing at all. But I'm pretty sure that he's playable.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Jesus the idea of getting 3 reveals. If Isaac, Geno, and Elma got revealed in one direct I'd probably die of hype overdose.

I don't expect that to happen of course, I'll be ecstatic just getting one of them tomorrow.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
I think we'd be very very lucky to get more than one reveal tomorrow.
This. There's basically no precedent for multiple reveals in a General Direct. Closest thing to that is the Mewtwo/Lucas trailers with the Smash Ballot.

I don't even expect an echo. Just one character trailer and that's it.

Klimax

Smash Ace
I think that two reveals is possible since you can have a trailer at the beginning and at the end of the direct. But the most likely scenario is just one reveal.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Maybe we'll get an echo as well if it goes with the revealed character (like, say, announcing Felix with Isaac). Otherwise if we get someone like geno then yeah, I'm not seeing an echo.

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
A Sun and Moon theme where Incineroar (Pokemon Sun and Moon), Isaac (Golden SUN) and Skull Kid (MOON) are revealed.

So...Beginning of the Direct, Beginning of the Smash segment, and then the End of the Smash segment? I like it!

Geassguy

Smash Journeyman
I would absolutely love it if they revealed Isaac at the start of a cinematic, then Skull Kid comes in to oppose him, they fight a bit and It looks like SK will win, when suddenly Geno shows up to help.

If those 3 got revealed at once it would be nuts. Buuut my gut says something Pokemon will happen, so my bet is more on Isaac, SK and a Poke, if we even get multiple reveals.

DogManStar

Smash Ace
I really only see us getting one character tomorrow, and I don't think it will be Isaac unfortunately. If I had to place bets, I feel certain that it will be a new Pokemon. However, I could be wrong. I predicted Ashley and K. Rool last time and was only half-right. Hopefully the other half succeeds this time, and I'm wrong again.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
A Sun and Moon theme where Incineroar (Pokemon Sun and Moon), Isaac (Golden SUN) and Skull Kid (MOON) are revealed.

So...Beginning of the Direct, Beginning of the Smash segment, and then the End of the Smash segment? I like it!
I would absolutely love it if they revealed Isaac at the start of a cinematic, then Skull Kid comes in to oppose him, they fight a bit and It looks like SK will win, when suddenly Geno shows up to help.

If those 3 got revealed at once it would be nuts. Buuut my gut says something Pokemon will happen, so my bet is more on Isaac, SK and a Poke, if we even get multiple reveals.
If something like that were to happen, and those ideas have been thrown around before, that sounds very much like a Smash Direct kind of thing. Not a general Direct move. But it's nice to dream...

Geassguy

Smash Journeyman

Ooooh snap, I don't know how the Isaac and Skull Kid, Sun and Moon thing correlating to a Pokemon from Sun and Moon went over my head, but that makes a TON of sense. Yeah Incineroar would be more likely than Geno as a hypothetical third...

Last edited:

Undella2

Smash Journeyman
What are the odds of Felix being Isaac's echo/alt skin if Isaac is in the game?

I'm just wondering, since not all of the newcomers so far have had their own echoes.

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
Of course when I made my prediction I didn't mean I expected that many characters, realistically I'm expecting one character only. But I also wouldn't be surprised if Sakurai just completely barrages us with more

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038

I'm just wondering, since not all of the newcomers so far have had their own echoes.
So far the only character that has another character as an alt is Olimar. Everyone else kinda became their own character
like Lucina and Dark Pit, so it's likely that Felix could be an echo of Isaac.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
I think we will have 2 characters revealed tomorrow, and maybe 1 or 2 echos, Isaac and Skull Kid would be good for the day.

low chance but maybe, I think a Isaac "Felix colored" is the safest bet for our man Felix

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
Even if we do not get Isaac tomorrow, we will not stop our support. Let me know if anyone needs a revive.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
True. Skull Kid is slowly losing relevancy as he hasn't appeared in a LoZ game in some time (Do you guys count Hyrule Warriors on the Switch as recent relevancy for Skull Kid?) while Isaac could get a new game, so I would hope Sakurai would give Isaac some more priority.
Relevancy is irrelevant. Skull Kid's issue has nothing to do with that. He definitely beats Isaac there.

The problem is he was nowhere during the ballot. If he wasn't anywhere near the ballot while it was happening, I can't see him getting picked over numerous other potential Zelda characters.

Top Bottom