• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Geassguy

Smash Journeyman
Of course when I made my prediction I didn't mean I expected that many characters, realistically I'm expecting one character only. But I also wouldn't be surprised if Sakurai just completely barrages us with more
This. You can't take anything for granted. They have blown away expectations several times already, expecting the unexpected is fair.

Last edited:

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
So the Super Smash Bros. Blog just updated showing Alolan Exeggutor (yes the pokeball summon). It would be kind of wierd if they focused on Pokemon twice in a row.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Yeah for sure, and I was one of them. Especially since that was one of the final reveals
I feel like the whole final DLC chapter left a bitter taste because we got an advertisement character few asked for, a non-Nintendo character that was amazing but controversial and ended up being overtuned, and a downright broken character that didn't really fit the roster well and eventually became the catalyst for the games' downfall. All in all, Corrin was the most disappointing pick to many, but ended up being the least divisive in the end.

If we get an FE character, my money and hopes are on Black Knight, sword user and third Echo be damned. And there is some notable evidence that he may be in. Namely the fact that they altered a background character on Castle Siege that used to strongly resemble him for basically no reason, even though the stage is otherwise untouched. A suspicious change.

Good luck tomorrow all!

Last edited:

Geassguy

Smash Journeyman
If we get am FE character, my money and hopes are on Black Knight, sword user and third Echo be damned. And there is some notable evidence that he may be in. Namely the fact that they altered a background character on Castle Siege that used to strongly resemble him for basically no reason, even though the stage is otherwise untouched. A suspicious change.
Agreed. Ike could use an echo now that Marth and Roy both have one, and aesthetically Black Knight would have a unique and welcome look/vibe. Plus he was a costume last time like many newcomers and FE could do with a villain.

Last edited:

Tiymako

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tiymako
3DS FC
3969-4335-6560
Switch FC
4983-0183-9411
Trump got nothing on me !
Haha, I made a wall just like yours once. It was not as detailed as yours at all xD Respect!

Here goes nothing, I am really glad to be somewhat interactive on Smashboards and we have been in for one hell of a ride!

Lonodel

Smash Journeyman
50 cent is SSSS tier, that being said I don't know if Isaac will be revealed tomorrow, I hope he is but with it being a general direct if we're only getting one reveal I don't see it being Isaac because of how unknown he is to the general public (someone said this was going on a big screen in new york tomorrow?) I think it's crazy how many people are predicting him tomorrow though and that gives me hope and hype. some of us have been here for at least like 10 years and it would be amazing to see him shown tomorrow. It's amazing to see people from other threads come to support Isaac and restores my faith in the smash community after this years evo. Best of luck to everyone and I'll see you tomorrow :D

gspindles

Smash Rookie
Hi everyone, one of the lurkers that decided to finally create an account and join in on the fun.

I've been silently wishing for playable Isaac, and following Isaac SmashBoards support threads since the Brawl dojo days.
During Smash 4 speculation era, like you guys, I stayed hopeful due to the absence of his AT reveal. But in the end, I was very disheartened when Isaac didn't make it into base game, what with ESRB leak, and the direction for 2nd half of DLC characters (after the returning veteran) didn't turn out like I was hoping it to.

Now onto Ultimate, I am vicariously feeling very hopeful after having lurked through all 300+ pages of positive support. With "Everyone Is Here!" and how hard all of us have voted for Isaac during the ballot days, I believe Isaac will be in Ultimate for sure – hopefully as playable character, if not, I'll be grateful if we have his AT back.

Here's to hoping we have a great direct tomorrow #IsaacForSmash

ahem should I say #50CentForSmash

True Blue Warrior True Blue Warrior Would you please add me to the support list if it is not too late :)

Last edited:

DogManStar

Smash Ace
There's a thread about who they think will be revealed tomorrow though, and Skull Kid is topping that poll. There's not even Incineroar on that one either. I kinda disagree though, I think Isaac is more likely than Skull Kid but less likely than a new Pokemon.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I kinda do think it'll be the Pokemon tomorrow, and I'm not about that, as the ones I like don't seem super likely anymore. But at least that'll get it out of the way, and the rest until release will probably be real hype. ^_^

Metocles

Smash Journeyman
Huh... its seems either
1. they don't hate Isaac
2. they hate other characters more
3. They still have to see this

I bet in 2
Well, for those of us who are actually on gamefaqs as well, we have said that it's not like Isaac support isn't there. It's actually there in boatloads. But while that is true, there are also a fair amount of people who are detractors, haters and contrarians. Most of the Isaac supporters will only react to and get a rise out of threads or posts that seem at least halfway serious on their claims or if they're fairly new to the boards and don't know how much vitriol it actually gets.

Effectively, most have learned to ignore it in a large part. That having been said, in a poll like this where it has characters that no one asked for and many don't like, Isaac will get overlooked since you can only vote once. Not surprising Incineroar got a lot of initial votes considering that Sun/Moon was a relatively weak Pokemon generation and not a particularly notable one for design. I don't really like it either, personally. And this is coming from a longstanding Pokemon fan.

Last edited:

QcSlayer

Smash Journeyman
I feel like the whole final DLC chapter left a bitter taste because we got an advertisement character few asked for, a non-Nintendo character that was amazing but controversial and ended up being overtuned, and a downright broken character that didn't really fit the roster well and eventually became the catalyst for the games' downfall. All in all, Corrin was the most disappointing pick to many, but ended up being the least divisive in the end.

If we get an FE character, my money and hopes are on Black Knight, sword user and third Echo be damned. And there is some notable evidence that he may be in. Namely the fact that they altered a background character on Castle Siege that used to strongly resemble him for basically no reason, even though the stage is otherwise untouched. A suspicious change.

Good luck tomorrow all!
My guess is that Burger King will be a boss, thus why he dissapear from the Castle Siege.

I don't believe at all in Skull Kid, I think he will be a boss in story mode when you're playing Young Link since he was nowhere to be seen during the ballot, I just can't understand why Sakurai would pick him in 2015 whit fan favorite when he could have add a wtf pick like Mr Game and Watch, Duck Hunt or Pit.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Hey gang! Though I do not support Isaac, I am certainly wishing you all good luck tomorrow! I love RPGs and Golden Sun is next in my list to play (after Super Mario RPG).

Klimax

Smash Ace
That's crazy to see how people are sure about Incineroar being the 7th gen Pokemon. Just a few mounths ago, everyone was like "yeah Decidueye is a lock". I guess leaks really helped the big red cat.

Anyway, I just can't wait for the direct. Like really, that is ATROCIOUS.

Pyzlnar

Smash Apprentice
If I'm completely honest, I'm not a fan of the idea of a 7gen pokemon rep.

I feel Pokemon has enough rep and that space could be used on another franchise... buuuuuut the more the merrier am I right?

*But please give us Isaac. :(

DogManStar

Smash Ace
I saw one guy on there literally wishing for a non-popular pick (like, anything besides skull kid, geno, isaac, and incineroar). I could see that happening, but in a game based on fan demand, where it is likely that some of these characters (like Isaac) will never have a chance to be in Smash again, I can't think of any real reason to feel that way...

Last edited:

Muirkat

Smash Apprentice
What makes the most sad is that if he DOES get announced, I'm not gonna be able to celebrate with you all at that time. But I'll be sure to pop in after work!

StormC

Smash Hero
A new Pokemon character in Smash is one of those inevitable things in life, like death and taxes. You learn to just accept it.

Keep in mind Pokemon recently passed Star Wars to become the highest grossing media franchise of all time.

Undella2

Smash Journeyman
If they are revealing a new Pokémon tomorrow, then I hope it's one such as Decidueye.

Incineroar's design is, in my opinion, anyway, simply ugly.

That being said, I'd rather see Isaac then a new Pokémon, no matter which Pokémon it is.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
I'm just gonna go ahead and predict an Incineroar/Pokémon reveal to open the Direct and talk about Let's Go, mixed 3DS/Switch news in the middle, then an Isaac reveal trailer as the "one more thing" at the end.

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
As I posted earlier, Alolan Exeggutor was shown on the blog. I guess we can expect the weather to be sunny.;)

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Man if a pokemon no one asked for is revealed that would be so lame especially after K Rool and Ridley reveals. I mean they can do non ballot picks later, stick with the crowd pleasers for now

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Meh. The Pokemon franchise is like that one douchebag in the workplace, and no matter what he does, he still gets special treatment because of bringing in the dough.

Reality is unfortunately a *****.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Best of luck from your comrades over at the Geno thread! I have Golden Sun and its box back home with my folks. Played a good few hours and enjoyed it, but haven't gotten back around to it. I definitely hope to change that by the time Ultimate rolls around, Issac or no Issac.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
You know if the Pokemon is Decidueye then I'd be truly hyped as people would finally stop listening to Verge like they should have done a long time ago.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
You know if the Pokemon is Decidueye then I'd be truly hyped as people would finally stop listening to Verge like they should have done a long time ago.
Hey I'd rather be wrong on the internet than have to see big dumb cat every time I boot up Smash.

tveye

Smash Journeyman
What makes the most sad is that if he DOES get announced, I'm not gonna be able to celebrate with you all at that time. But I'll be sure to pop in after work!
I'll be at work too :(
The Direct will air at 5 PM my timezone and I get off work at 6...luckily I can sneak off somewhere with my phone for that time period and catch up to see if our boy made it in!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Hey, guys. I know hype is high due to the Direct. I get why. But let's try and be a bit more constructive right now and avoid too many spam-like posts. Less one-liners/pictures and a bit more discussion.

Heck, I want him to show up and I'm hyped as ever(especially since I'm off during the direct(well, time-wise, anyway))! But still, the topic is overflowing with an extreme amount of messages lately. Let's cut back a little and not get so hyped we start to spam, alright?

Still, good luck with getting your character in!

Top Bottom