• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
We did it guys!

He won't be shown when this direct airs tho, more near the games release probably.
As noted, he already has a designated order number. He'll show up in the order he's meant to. It just means a bigger delay in the trailer.

Obviously assuming he's playable, heh.

Machete

Smash Ace
The only idea from the generation that id support is if Lusamine is playable or a boss in her Mother Beast form because that was actually very innovative for the franchise.

However, that's highly unlikely.
That is by far the best choice for a new Pokemon, but she wasn't even fightable in her game, so I don't think she'd ever be chosen. But she'd be by far the best. I hope for Necrozma or Buzzwole to at least get a unique Pokemon, but I've accepted it'll be Incineroar.

Truly a shame and a tragedy what happened at Hokkaido. All we can do is for a safe and efficient recovery period. Not just to get the Direct sooner, but also to ensure the wounded and disappeared are okay.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
As noted, he already has a designated order number. He'll show up in the order he's meant to. It just means a bigger delay in the trailer.

Obviously assuming he's playable, heh.
Do you think they will just show off echo fighters during the nintendo direct (if it airs soon) and save him for a dedicated smash direct instead?

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I look at it this way; the main reason is obviously because a direct is not important to focus on.

If Isaac did use quake-based Psynergy, it's just something they took into account when looking at the delay, and at best would give them a strong date to delay it to at best. I doubt it'll be outright ignored as a factor, but it's clearly not the reason for the delay regardless. Another thing is that if they want to wait a bit longer for a smaller Smash direct, they could do so to keep the character order intact while also showing a lot of sensitivity to the situation. The character order overall is something that won't be ignored regardless(as it's very important to this game's design), and completely redoing a trailer is a lot more difficult than one would think(cutscene cgi takes a lot of time to make).

Don't look into this as me thinking the whole Smash direct thing is more important. It's not. I'm saying these factors do exist and have a reasonable chance to be taken into account when it comes to how the Nintendo direct itself will go.
So...you are saying that Isaac is responsible for this Earthquake?

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I was thinking of making a Youtube playlist full of non video game songs related to the sun. Anyone have any song suggestions?

Walking on Sunshine is an obvious one but I'm hoping people will have suggestions from various different artists and genres.

Onassi2

Smash Cadet
I was thinking of making a Youtube playlist full of non video game songs related to the sun. Anyone have any song suggestions?

Walking on Sunshine is an obvious one but I'm hoping people will have suggestions from various different artists and genres.
Please shine down on me, Mr. Golden Sun.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace

I got one!

Colbie Caillat's, Brighter Than The Sun!

Also I'm sure we're in for a romance playlist if anything lol

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
Uuuh Hokkaido apparently accounts for 3.5% of Japan's entire economy, and it's currently:
>without power
>burried under mud
>got trillions of yen in damage to repair
This is looking like one of Japan's worst years since that Tsunami that destroyed Fukushima

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528

Tomorrow from Annie - "The sun'll come out tomorrow."

On the subject of the earthquake in Japan, it's tragic news and horrible to hear about, but all we can do is offer our support and hope that those affected will be alright. It does feel like there's always something tragic going on in the world these days, but at least as a community we can all offer our support to those in Hokkaido.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I don’t think earthquake jokes are appropriate right now. People died, show some respect.

Anyway, it’s cool to see a lot of people who aren’t around here normally lend their support. Thanks all!

hustler713

Smash Apprentice

DMX - aint no sunshine.

It's sad to hear about such natural Disasters. Japanese People have a much more collective mind than westerners have. How many american Publishers would have delayed an announcement because of a disaster like this?

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

Bob Marley - Sun is Shining.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
It's sad to hear about such natural Disasters. Japanese People have a much more collective mind than westerners have. How many american Publishers would have delayed an announcement because of a disaster like this?
Don't use this incident to **** on those in the States. Very distasteful.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
To be honest he’s right but the US is a lot bigger than Japan so it makes more sense to have more impact over there.
That is because the way those in the States react is different. Life would continue on as a way to show that Natural Disasters will not overcome them.

hustler713

Smash Apprentice
Don't use this incident to **** on those in the States. Very distasteful.
I didn't actually mean to attack any other culture with this. Over here in Europe it is not really different. I just wanted to say that it is a decision that has to be respected.

TappyBat

Smash Ace
they wouldn't remove him from everything cause of this right? I hear a few pokemon episodes got banned cause of earthquakes. Though I do hope Japan can get back on it's feet so to speak, relatively soon. How bad was it?

clearandsweet

Smash Journeyman
Seeing a relatively low confirmed death toll so far seems like a good sign for that strong of an earthquake.

One thing I'd like to note is that the Japanese (not just them specifically, but them especially) are content aware when delaying media for national events. The 2011 earthquake and tsunami was hundreds of times more deadly and many anime that featured disaster scenes were delayed or reworked:

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-03-14/anime-with-disaster-scenes-face-changes-after-quake

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-03-16/this-week-madoka-magica-not-aired-in-self-restraint

"The official website of the Puella Magi Madoka Magica television anime series announced on Wednesday that the Japanese television stations CBC, MBS, and TBS will not air their scheduled broadcasts of the anime this week due to "self-restraint." " (Madoka Magica ep 11 featured a giant disaster scene and destruction of a city.)

It's still likely that they may have delayed any direct with millions in Hokkaido without power and disaster recovery in the spotlight, but it's almost certain that they would delay any media that featured earthquakes, landslides and a tall structure crumbling to the ground.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
I decided yesterday to play Golden Sun again.

Like pholtos pholtos , I decided to mix it up to make things interesting (because this'll be my third or fourth time playing it).

For my playthrough, I'll be playing the Djinn where they lie, unless I specifically need a certain Psynergy to progress or access a side dungeon (e.g. Growth and Whirlwind).
Golden Sun KMDP Djinn 1.PNG

It's had some interesting effects.

Garet's my second fastest character, and Isaac is the one with the least innate Defense.

Ivan was still the first to die, though. Though everyone died in that fight so I can't hold it against him. :laugh:

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
I just wanted to say that it's pretty awesome how many people from this group came to the Geno thread to wish us luck. It's pretty great that even though you're in the same boat hoping your character gets in, you're still thinking of others as well. So that being said, I've given my support before, but I wish you guys luck. I'd be very happy if Isaac made his way to Smash. May the Direct be kind to you! We need the Big Boys!
I have posted in the Geno thread before to support you guys. Hoping for the best for you guys still. I would not be at all upset if Geno is announced.

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
Floods in Western Japan, heatwaves in Saitama, Typhoons in the southeast, and now an earthquake in the north. This has got to be one of Japan's worst years in decades

Flarzo

Smash Cadet
Disappointing but completely understandable, hope the people caught up in the earthquake are safe. Hopefully they manage to still get the direct in this week but even if they don't at least I can look forward to playing Hyper Light Drifter.

Holdenon

Smash Cadet
they wouldn't remove him from everything cause of this right? I hear a few pokemon episodes got banned cause of earthquakes. Though I do hope Japan can get back on it's feet so to speak, relatively soon. How bad was it?
I don't think they would remove him, they might censor the footage if it has a lot to do with earthquakes and delay it but I doubt they would cut him completely if he was getting in

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I don't think they would remove him, they might censor the footage if it has a lot to do with earthquakes and delay it but I doubt they would cut him completely if he was getting in
Especially considering the game launches in literally 3 months, and any characters in the base game are already integral to the experience. (Especially with "Everyone is here!" and character # being important.) Removing any of them would probably require a delay of the *game*.

I think a delay is in good taste, maybe censoring footage, but I doubt they'd ever consider outright removing a character, especially one they've invested millions into CG and orchestration etc. for, when censorship is a much better option.

Last edited:

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
If they really do have a complete character for him, I'd be shocked if they scrapped all that work because of this. Wouldn't surprise me if they push his reveal farther back, until this earthquake isn't in the headlines anymore

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
ok rumor say that a game was the problem in the direct...
1536239847309.png

i bet this is Isaac??

wait and see. and for one who think im too fast to continue speculate about the game..
will take some time to think about the victims and be sad
and i understand the delay but i won't stop living and speculate because of that.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
View attachment 162202

i bet this is Isaac??

wait and see. and for one who think im too fast to continue speculate about the game..
and i understand the delay but i won't stop living and speculate because of that.
Maybe although it could be another game entirely.

What about that Daemon Ex Machina game? Maybe there was a cutscene of a mech blowing up a building or something like that?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
View attachment 162202

i bet this is Isaac??

I'd buy it. At least, if true, there won't be any changes to the Direct. Just a delay for respect and to make sure everyone is alright.

Stealth seems like a trustworthy source; he was pegging Simon Belmont long before Verg even mentioned him.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Doubtful this would have had anything to do with the content of the Direct. Japanese companies are known to delay media when such a natural disaster occurs. I remember that earthquake with the major tsunami years back delaying Shonen Jump.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Honestly, that description could mean ANYTHING.
A lot of games have the potential to come off as insensitive if It's revealed at the right time.

That's doesn't mean it's Isaac.

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475
So the Splatoon 2 update was delayed to next thursday

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
So the Splatoon 2 update was delayed to next thursday

There was a problem fetching the tweet
Interesting - That means we'll be getting the direct on either the 12th or 13th. Either way, a week is probably a good amount of time given the circumstances.

Top Bottom