• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

TappyBat

Smash Ace
If Isaac is in, I don’t think he will have his trailer removed because of this. I also don’t think the entire Direct would be delayed because of that, which I’ve weirdly seen some people on /v/ claim.
people are going as far as to say he's being axed entirely. well yknow if he's playable.

Pyzlnar

Smash Apprentice
If Isaac is in, I don’t think he will have his trailer removed because of this. I also don’t think the entire Direct would be delayed because of that, which I’ve weirdly seen some people on /v/ claim.
I mean it's not impossible, but I do find it in bad taste.

Even if it that were the case earthquakes that strong are not a joke.
It just seems that most people have never experienced one so they don't relate to being hit by one at all. :/

But in the end it's the internet so you'll find people being disrespectful no matther what.

people are going as far as to say he's being axed entirely. well yknow if he's playable.
Nah, if he's in, or any other character for that matter they're gonna keep them in.
Delay reveals at most, but no reason to cut any character. They're just trolling.

gebi

Cloud Prince
naww you guys have always been great but seeing a lot of you pop over to the geno thread to wish us luck is so cute. this is the main reason i like isaac and want him in, is because of how nice you guys are. I have never even played Golden Sun. <3

LuminoZero

Smash Apprentice
I mean, Japan delayed the release of Advance Wars because of 9/11 and scrapped an entire Pokemon episode dealing with the move 'Earthquake' because of a similar event.

Them pushing back Isaac's reveal to not seem insensitive is absolutely something they would do.

That said, it really doesn't matter. Lives are destroyed and people are dead. That's what matters.

QcSlayer

Smash Journeyman
I mean, Japan delayed the release of Advance Wars because of 9/11 and scrapped an entire Pokemon episode dealing with the move 'Earthquake' because of a similar event.

Them pushing back Isaac's reveal to not seem insensitive is absolutely something they would do.

That said, it really doesn't matter. Lives are destroyed and people are dead. That's what matters.
They could just have remove Isaac from the direct and shown him as a standalone like Robin if it was the case...

It's a terrible marketing plan, the online services are coming in 2/3 weeks and they push back the direct...

The true reason why they move the direct is because lives were lost, not because of Isaac...

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Isaac's reveal trailer *could* deal with earth psynergy that would be too similar to an earthquake, however, it easily could also have none of that and deal with other different psynergy moves like "Move", which is how his AT was represented in Brawl.

I'm going to agree with others saying that this Direct's delay is due to the natural disaster and most likely has nothing to do with the content of the Direct.

Last edited:

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Maybe they will cut Isaac trailer, and insert him like they insert the echos, just there, no cinematics, then they will put the cinematics on the Smash site later

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
Is this what Paper Mario feels like when you have battles in TTYD?

In whole, seems like makings of history is being expected here. But it's still under 23 hours to that, no?

Hmmh. I think I'd be more okay if we got an oddball after most of the wanted newcomers have been met beforehand, such as currently on-going Big Three rallied by the Smash-community.

It'd allow most fans to receive the oddball better and also mix things up evenly to freshen the newcomer array a bit.

They did it similar with Bowser Jr., and Duck Hunt we got big characters one after the other and everybody was going nuts. Then they are like "oh we know these were a bit out there, especially Duck Hunt, but here you go!"

isaac3000

Smash Journeyman
I am so sorry about the people who lost loved ones over there... An earthquake can be really a scary event to live through. Some days ago we had 2 earthquakes here (1 hour time difference between them) with a magnitude of 5.2, while not much, it still makes me uncomfortable experiencing the whole house shaking...

The direct can wait, people died, being supportive and respectful is far more important over a video game...

Last edited:

TappyBat

Smash Ace
I am so sorry about the people who lost loved ones over there... An earthquake can be really a scary event to live through. Some days ago we had 2 earthquakes here (1 hour time difference between them) with a magnitude of 5.2, while not much, it still makes me uncomfortable experiencing the whole house shaking...

The direct can wait, people died, being supportive and respectful is far more important over a video game...
are you ok?! :<

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
i was thinking suidoken or super robot wars type

anything that lets you use a lot of characters
Hmm....who would make for a good starting party?

Edit: Jigglypuff, Toon Link and Isaac as the OP party.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Well the nintendo direct leaks due to this delay are already starting. The yoshi game got a title and release date

There was a problem fetching the tweet

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
They did it similar with Bowser Jr., and Duck Hunt we got big characters one after the other and everybody was going nuts. Then they are like "oh we know these were a bit out there, especially Duck Hunt, but here you go!"
Yeah, I guess the difference here though is that Smash 4's selection of newcomers were kind of lacking big names from 1st Party department that Ultimate's finally been meeting the demand of (Ridley, K.Rool) - so maybe back then the oddballs din't feel too much like "oddballs", as much as they felt like going on with the sort of "middling hype" choices for newcomers. (But I might be subjective here)

IIRC though, Duck Hunt got some nice reception - BJ, I think was little mixed. Koopalings joining him was nifty though.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Someone brought up an interesting point over on Gamefaqs. Famitsu will be releasing next week and if it's anything like the one that came out after the August 8th direct it might include Sakurai talking about an unrevealed Smash character. (apparently it's early next week too)

Do you think they would get Famitsu to remove the interview?

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Someone brought up an interesting point over on Gamefaqs. Famitsu will be releasing next week and if it's anything like the one that came out after the August 8th direct it might include Sakurai talking about an unrevealed Smash character.

Do you think they would get Famitsu to remove the interview?
I doubt it. Plus the Pokemon director has an interview sunday. That makes me think we won't get a long delay.

Metocles

Smash Journeyman
I was thinking of making a Youtube playlist full of non video game songs related to the sun. Anyone have any song suggestions?

Walking on Sunshine is an obvious one but I'm hoping people will have suggestions from various different artists and genres.
And underrated song: Sundown - Gordon Lightfoot

There's also Steal My Sunshine - LEN

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475
I doubt it. Plus the Pokemon director has an interview sunday. That makes me think we won't get a long delay.
I was thinking about that too. Usualy Pokenchi doesnt reveal exclusive content, and the next week the CoroCoro is released, so if there's something new it would be the first time that they would reveal something first.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Well people, keep eyes up on Smash website, they leaked Yoshi game in acident, keep eyes on Smash website if they reveal something

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Well people, keep eyes up on Smash website, they leaked Yoshi game in acident, keep eyes on Smash website if they reveal something
I don't think they're going to accidentally reveal anything. Not after what happened with the Castlevania song.

Though I do think there's probably going to be a legit direct leak floating around between now and whenever the direct airs.

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
Even if I thought we could potentially get Isaac today, I think the real reason to delay the direct is respect, also most of Hokkaido lost power due to the Earthquake so I think what Nintendo wants is that we can all enjoy the direct simultaneously instead of having some of us happy and the rest missing it because of this tragedy. It is possible a lot of Nintendo people also have families affected in some way so it is better to go help, it would be very frivolous of them to keep going as if nothing happened and I am pretty sure japanese people would't have taken it well and they would not forget that. So it is better we wait for them, I also believe this delay won't be very long (probably a week) so it is not a lot of time either.
I just hope Isaac doesn't get cut

Top Bottom