• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

zferolie

Smash Hero
So the Splatoon 2 update was delayed to next thursday

There was a problem fetching the tweet
Whos peekybird? And delaying it a full week could cause a lot of issues for time senstive annopuncments. what if they had planned demos releaisng today, or other announcments(like the offical Best buy one?)

Untill nintendo says otherwise don't beleive anything

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475
Sorry bad Link. But yeah idk how accurate this info is, just found it interesting to share.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Oh I read some stuff in the twitter chain there. People are only speculating the direct is moved back a week because of Splatoon 2 datamining saying the next patch is next week.... that seems like an odd assumption

Tetiro

Smash Ace
I wouldn't look too much into Stealth's tweet as a Isaac hint. After all Xenoblade 2 Torna is around the corner and that game has a lot of earthly explosions and mass destruction in its trailers. It could be anything at this point.

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475
Oh I read some stuff in the twitter chain there. People are only speculating the direct is moved back a week because of Splatoon 2 datamining saying the next patch is next week.... that seems like an odd assumption
Yep. I wanted to copy that tweet with the datamine info but my Phone didnt let me. That's why I only comment about the Splatoon 2 update, not the direct but makes sense the two are connected

Last edited:

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I don't know but considering Switch online service is tied to this direct they probably don't want to mess too much with the schedule.
Will the online service get delayed, again?

That would be such a shame! [/sarcasm]

I wouldn't want it in the circumstances of a natural disaster like this, though.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Yep. I wanted to copy that tweet with the datamine info but my Phone didnt let me. That's why I only comment about the Splatoon 2 update, not the direct but makes sense the two are connected
Here is the link to that tweet.

Its just well that is a long time to delay, and LOTS of leaks or surprise announcments could be released. Like WB already released a trailer for Lego Harry potter switch, which I assume would have been announced today.

Delaying the direct a full week could really mess up a lot of plans. I understand worried about being sensitive, but they also need to look out for the company.

However that information about maybe a certain game having insensitive parts could tie back, It doesn't sound like its smash though.

I think still at most the delay we get is a few days at most.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Reminder to my fellow Earth Adepts

Be sure to show some class during this crisis. Isaac is definitely tied to earthquakes but using him as a punchline for the tragedies that have occurred today is not ok. Doing so is insensitive and selfish. I haven't read through the thread but I pray that you guys are better than that.

Please, don't joke about this earthquake. It is a tragic disaster and the people effected don't deserve it. Love you guys. My heart and prayers goes out to you that are effected.

Last edited:

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
I read through the 4chan post regarding the earthquake delay and it's honestly disgusting some of their attitudes towards it especially with them using Isaac as a means to joke about an event that resulted in deaths

KMDP

Smash Legend

Be sure to show some class during this crisis. Isaac is definitely tied to earthquakes but using him as a punchline for the tragedies that have occurred todaybbn is not ok. Doing so is insensitive and selfish. I haven't read through the thread but I pray that you guys are better than that.

Please, don't joke about this earthquake. It is a tragic disaster and the people effected don't deserve it. Love you guys. My heart and prayers goes out to you that are effected.
Don't worry, we are better than that. :grin:

I don't think I've seen anyone make any jokes about Hokkaido's tragedy on this site.
[Xenoblade 2 Torna] has a lot of earthly explosions and mass destruction in it's trailers.
Mass destruction?
BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY-!

Xenoblade x Persona when? :laugh:

Kisae

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darkkisae

Be sure to show some class during this crisis. Isaac is definitely tied to earthquakes but using him as a punchline for the tragedies that have occurred todaybbn is not ok. Doing so is insensitive and selfish. I haven't read through the thread but I pray that you guys are better than that.

Dont worry bud. Even if we can think of a possibility that id linked to Isaac somehow i know that all the people here are more mature than just joking around with this. Of course i too thought about that, but then realised it was not acceptable regarding the victims of this tragedy so i immediately put away this idea,

I'm sure everyone here thinks the same ;)

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I read through the 4chan post regarding the earthquake delay and it's honestly disgusting some of their attitudes towards it especially with them using Isaac as a means to joke about an event that resulted in deaths
Well, 4chan hasn't changed. For those curious as to what 4chan is saying. Edit: Link removed by Moderator (or someone else)

Mode Edit: let's not do that. Better to keep offsite drama offsite.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Well I see the problem: You went to 4chan. That place is a cesspool

ZelDan

Smash Master
TBH I'm not exactly offended by jokes revolving this, and this is kind of how I am when it comes to many tragedies. Some jokes are better told then others, but I'm assuming for many there wasn't maliciousness intended and they just wante dto lighten the mood/have a different way of responding to tragedy. Not saying people should go out of their way to yuck it up, but that the joking might not always be hateful.

The only thing I'd probably condemn are those that are hating and giving Nintendo s*** over the delay and are completely missing the entire point of the delay.

But I'm also someone who has a pretty dark sense of humor, so I'm maybe not the best to judge...

Regardless, It sucks that Japan is going through so much natural disaster and I hope things work out for them. It's disappointing the direct was delayed but there are obviously much more important things that need to be dealt with now.

Last edited:

Flarzo

Smash Cadet
4chan is never serious towards anything

Q-Long

Smash Lord
Well I see the problem: You went to 4chan. That place is a cesspool
In regards to this stuff there are people who try to make fanbases hate each other on there. Vocal and dedicated minority. Its quite sad.

That being said I have met some chill non edgy people on 4ch. Too bad it got super edgy in late 2015, it seems to have chilled a bit but I don't really visit the place anymore, only occasionally

Mod Edit: Again. Let's leave offsite drama offsite where it belongs.

Edit: Sorry!

Last edited:

Tetiro

Smash Ace

I don't think I've seen anyone make any jokes about Hokkaido's tragedy on this site.

Mass destruction?

I...I...I..will BURN MY DREAD!

And yeh definitely no jokes about the earthquakes today. You won't be having any from me.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Saw some IG stories about the earthquake but didn't think it was this bad. And just after the typhoon... poor Japan.

As for the Direct, it's time for all of us to just wait it out and exercise our patience. I woke up super excited about coming here and speculating about the Direct with everyone, but it was not meant to be our time I guess. :crying:

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
Change of Subject: What stage and stage setup would be best for the Golden Sun franchise?
There's a huge number of memorable locations. From what I can tell, the most popular picks seem to be Venus Lighthouse and the Elemental Star Chamber, both of which would be pretty amazing. Personally I'm more partial to the Venus Lighthouse since the layout alone would already be perfect for a Smash stage. However I also wouldn't mind the Apollo Sanctum Gate from Dark Dawn, that place was probably the wildest ride I've had in most RPGs.

TappyBat

Smash Ace
Saw some IG stories about the earthquake but didn't think it was this bad. And just after the typhoon... poor Japan.

As for the Direct, it's time for all of us to just wait it out and exercise our patience. I woke up super excited about coming here and speculating about the Direct with everyone, but it was not meant to be our time I guess. :crying:
I just want this proverbial band-aid to be ripped off already. Part of me wants to now right now! but I know it isn't right.

CardStealer1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CardStealer
3DS FC
2681-0263-6525
My prayers go out to everyone in Japan. I hope the missing persons are found swiftly and thankfully there wasn’t a tsunami. Hopefully the aftershocks are minimal.

I was thinking of making a Youtube playlist full of non video game songs related to the sun. Anyone have any song suggestions?

Walking on Sunshine is an obvious one but I'm hoping people will have suggestions from various different artists and genres.
They may be a meme, but damn do I love Walking on the Sun by Smash Mouth.

Last edited:

TappyBat

Smash Ace
My prayers go out to everyone in Japan. I hope the missing persons are found swiftly and thankfully there wasn’t a tsunami. Hopefully the aftershocks are minimal.

They may be a meme, but damn do I love Walking on the Sun by Smash Mouth.
I first heard it on Now that's what I call music 4 when I was 10 or so. God that was so long ago. what are they up to now?

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289

Mass destruction?

Ayyyyy a fellow persona fan and one of the best ost in the series also what idiot would make a joke about this situation

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
If Isaac was in this Direct, I really hope he's not going to be removed because of this.

I mean yeah it's unfortunate this event happened but there's no need to delay his reveal for months possibly because of that.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I...I...I..will BURN MY DREAD!

And yeh definitely no jokes about the earthquakes today. You won't be having any from me.
You got dreads as well?

And yes keep the untastefulness out of here.

Also, earthquake in Isaac's reveal or not, he won't be cut because of it. Not even pushed back I think. The timing of exactly today wouldn't be great, but there's no harm in next week. I expect they won't change a thing.

Tetiro

Smash Ace
You got dreads as well?

Also, earthquake in Isaac's reveal or not, he won't be cut because of it. Not even pushed back I think. The timing of exactly today wouldn't be great, but there's no harm in next week. I expect they won't change a thing.
Definitely not. Nintendo if anything will cut out his trailer and put in a new one for a different character if it really bothered them.

They aren't going to remove a character because of one earthquake. No matter how tragic it is. Instead they will move that character's reveal until another time.

QcSlayer

Smash Journeyman
I think peoples are mature enough not to be shock whit Isaac reveal because he's link to the earth... just wait one more week, it's not the first time that Japan as done those short of thing when a disaster hit the country,

Last edited:

ferioku

Smash Ace
You got dreads as well?

I also got Dreads, High top faded dreadlocks but maintained! =D

Man I keep having these dreams that Isaac will be playable, it's literally getting annoying now...

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
First I want to extend condolences to Japan (I wish for their swift recovery). On the topic of a Smash reveal, I do not think this delay will change who gets revealed. I would think it is more likely they edit the direct to not have a smash reveal and we get a standalone reveal video (like we got with Robin in Smash 4) though I think that is also unlikely.

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
I think Sakurai said these reveal trailers were a lot of work so I don't think they would scrap one. The delay is the respectful thing to do but everything else will probably stay the same.

DogManStar

Smash Ace
If Isaac is in, I don’t think he will have his trailer removed because of this. I also don’t think the entire Direct would be delayed because of that, which I’ve weirdly seen some people on /v/ claim.

Last edited:
Top Bottom