• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Confirmation

Smash Ace
Well, I read Rattergun's OP.

I mean it sounds like trolling.

He doesn't even talk about Dark Samus.
Oh absolutely. It was the same for Ridley and K. Rool, and I can't imagine anyone calling the new Punch-Out! the greatest series reboot of all time with a straight face

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Well, I read Rattergun's OP.

I mean it sounds like trolling.

He doesn't even talk about Dark Samus.
The greatest series reboot of all time.

Uh. Either Rattlegun is high, or he's legit trying to joke around.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
IF Rattlegun just happens to be a leaker in disguise, then the way he's leaking characters is brilliant, honestly.

Q-Long

Smash Lord
Naah, I'll just rally on this cutie blondie to future Smash-games:

It's bit tempting to ride that kind of comfort... but I dunno how far one will get via rallying on by a naysayer just to hope they'll be proven wrong. Everything's been pre-determined in the development long before we "make the calls", so to speak... :drohmy:
Man that is great art

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
My gut is saying that Skull Kid isn't the only astrological fighter we're getting tomorrow. ;)

In the words of another anime swordsman "I'm really feeling it!"

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
For Golden Sun, here's what I hope

Isaac battle
Felix battle/Doom Dragon from SSBB
Saturos battle
Map theme medley
That song that plays before they sail the Kracken sea I forgot the name of
Sol Sanctum theme
Venus Light House
Mars Light House
Dark Dawn medley

I think 9 songs is fair, maybe add a Motoi Sakuraba medley too
Don’t forget Jenna’s battle theme! I forgot about it too but I just started playing GS: the Lost Age again and her song is great.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I think it's best to let this direct unfold.
If Isaac IS in...man, Ryrule and Billy will be SOOOO happy.

As will I.
Ride that wave, XenoWarrior.

I think we'll all be very happy.

:ultsnake:The best is yet to come:ultsnake:
Cuimhne leat an t-am
Nuair a bhí tú sásta
An cuimhne leat an t-am
Nuair a bhí tú ag gáire
Tá an saol iontach
Má chreideann tú ann
Tug aghaidi ar an saol is
sonas sioraí inár measc

Last edited:

Icana

Smash Apprentice
Just got the news of the direct. 6 pm, huh. I'm gonna miss it live. Gonna try and avoid spoilers and watch it when I get home. If Isaac's revealed, hopefully I can dodge the news and find an upload. Of course, must prepare for any epic letdowns too, but hope is super strong right now. C'mon, Isaac! Let out a howl!

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Is it bad that I want golden suns music if it gets any at all remixed I just feel they really would shine that way

Q-Long

Smash Lord
Ride that wave, XenoWarrior.

I think we'll all be very happy.

:ultsnake:The best is yet to come:ultsnake:
Cuimhne leat an t-am
Nuair a bhí tú sásta
An cuimhne leat an t-am
Nuair a bhí tú ag gáire
Tá an saol iontach
Má chreideann tú ann
Tug aghaidi ar an saol is
sonas sioraí inár measc
I wonder what the codec will be like. It could mention mindreading and psycho mantis.

Don’t forget Jenna’s battle theme! I forgot about it too but I just started playing GS: the Lost Age again and her song is great.
Great song!

ZelDan

Smash Master
One battle theme I really want in is the Karst/Agatio one. I'm probably in the minority that likes it more than Saturos's theme.

Seems the the Karst Agatio theme in general doesn't get as much attention as others on though. Some youtube music channels didn't even include it (like BrawlBRSTMs3).

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
One battle theme I really want in is the Karst/Agatio one. I'm probably in the minority that likes it more than Saturos's theme.

Seems the the Karst Agatio theme in general doesn't get as much attention as others on though. Some youtube music channels didn't even include it (like BrawlBRSTMs3).

You mean....:3

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
I wonder what the codec will be like. It could mention mindreading and psycho mantis.

Great song!
Otacon: You know I heard Isaac has a friend or two who can read minds.
Snake: ...Ugh... Just what I need...
Otacon: What is it Snake?
Snake: Nothing, just... bad memories. It's in the past.

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475
I really want that guy from gamefaqs to be wrong for the third time in a row!!!

Klimax

Smash Ace
WTF ?! Last time i checked, we were at page n°290+ and now we're at 311. :laugh:
Well', I'm late but congratulations for page 300th !

As I said on other threads, Skull Kid feels like the most likely for tomorrow, Geno is the one that I want the most... BUT If i had to make a prediction, I would say Isaac (because of the Rathalos' picture) or Bandana Dee (don't know why).

Anyway, I wish you guys the best ! Hopefully we'll get Isaac or another great character !

Q-Long

Smash Lord
Otacon: You know I heard Isaac has a friend or two who can read minds.
Snake: ...Ugh... Just what I need...
Otacon: What is it Snake?
Snake: Nothing, just... bad memories. It's in the past.
baahaha

also don't forget, there is a blond guy named Ivan in MGS3, though I assume this Snake is MGS1 Snake with MGS3 beard

Additionally Palutena's conversation about Isaac would probably be something silly about him trying to summon her.

ShroomEL

Smash Apprentice
I come from the Geno support forum to wish you guys good luck! I assume the potential character reveal tomorrow is really keeping everyone on the edge of their seats, waiting to hear who could be announced for the roster! Let's all keep hoping for are most anticipated newcomers!

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
So vergeben finally spoke.

He says he doesn't know any specifics. Apperently the direct leak from smashboards is wrong.
I think people proved that it was false already, but eh. All we know is that's he still doesn't know the specifics.

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
@Strider_Bond00J made one back during DLC discussion that I saved because I thought it was hilarious.

Snake: "This guy looks like one of your anime characters, Otacon."
Otacon: "Oh, he's far from that, Snake! Although he may come off to people like that, there's so much more to Isaac than just a mere sword fighter!"
Snake: "And that might be...?"
Otacon: "Isaac is a Venus Adept - that means he's extremely proficient in using powerful Psynergy to manipulate the earth to his will."
Snake: "Yeah, those tremors from his attacks are the real deal. And it seems he can use those vines to snare me."
Otacon: "Isaac's potential is limitless. Don't let your guard down lest you want this battle to go down a landslide."
Snake: "And already you've made a solid pun."

zferolie

Smash Hero
So did Loz18 actually tweet a golden sun earlier today? Hmmmmm I guess that could mean Issac today. That would be amusing... I still think Shantae will also be today, but I am expecting 2 newcomers and 2 echos. Shantae, Isabelle, Dixie are my bets, and I was leaning towards a pokemon or Elma, but maybe Issac has a chance huh?

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
So did Loz18 actually tweet a golden sun earlier today? Hmmmmm I guess that could mean Issac today. That would be amusing... I still think Shantae will also be today, but I am expecting 2 newcomers and 2 echos. Shantae, Isabelle, Dixie are my bets, and I was leaning towards a pokemon or Elma, but maybe Issac has a chance huh?
The guy who "leaked" both Ridley and King k said isaac was going to be next.
And the predicter that relaxAlex talked about is predicting Isaac.
It's looking good for the golden boy. *^*

KMDP

Smash Legend
baahaha

also don't forget, there is a blond guy named Ivan in MGS3, though I assume this Snake is MGS1 Snake with MGS3 beard

Additionally Palutena's conversation about Isaac would probably be something silly about him trying to summon her.
Viridi: Just what we need, another Sword Fighter.
Pit: What's wrong with Sword Fighters?
Viridi: What isn't wrong with Sword Fighters? There's just so many nowadays, and they're all so similar! It's infuriating.
Palutena: His use of swords aside, Isaac is a powerful geomancer, watch your footing, Pit. It could slip out right from under you.
Pit: Thanks for the update, Lady Palu-
Viridi: Wait, he's a Geomancer? I've changed my mind, I'm rooting for him now.
Palutena: Oh? I thought Sword Fighters were too abundant and infuriating.
Viridi: That's in the past, this is now.
Pit: It was literally 10 seconds ago.
Viridi: Anyone who fights with the Earth at his back has my support! Go get him, blond-y!
Pit & Palutena: *sigh*

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I'm in a weird frame of mind about tomorrows direct.

There's so much going for him and yet doubt is starting to really creep in. I felt more confident before the direct was announced....

I guess that's normal though.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I was honestly expecting Isaac as DLC, or either Isaac or Banjo, but not both. Interesting. I feel like Isaac is the end of direct announcment, and still going with my hope that Shantae is the start of direct, and Dixie and Isabelle echos are at the half way point. still leaves plenty of time for other games.

EDITL Is relaxAlex talking about loz18? or someone else? that would mean Skull kid is coming too... which feels odd. I always imagined him as a boss(this was way before leakypanda said that)

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
loz is trolling when it comes to Isaac. He confessed as much in a private chat. Best to disregard.

Just keep in mind neither of those two are the strongest of sources.

StormC

Smash Hero
I expect and hope for Banjo but I would be ecstatic to see Isaac for the fans who have waited so long for this.

I think if Isaac is in he will be in a Smash Direct anyway. Just a hunch.

Here's hoping whatever, character(s) announced, Smash fans are happy... mostly.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
loz is trolling when it comes to Isaac. He confessed as much in a private chat. Best to disregard.

Yeah, it's why I put emphasis on "leaks".
Still better than nothing.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Who are you talking about in the first sentence? Who leaked both Ridley and K Rool? Who's now saying Isaac is in.

You're not talking about that Rattlegun guy are you?

zferolie

Smash Hero

Ah ok. I was confusing my leakers. Loz18 seems to have a lot of supporters, but I am still torn on it, but part of me just got some belief for a moment.

Oh well, if Isaac shows up, great! He's not my top but I would love having him

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I expect and hope for Banjo but I would be ecstatic to see Isaac for the fans who have waited so long for this.

I think if Isaac is in he will be in a Smash Direct anyway. Just a hunch.

Here's hoping whatever, character(s) announced, Smash fans are happy... mostly.
The thing is I think Geno and Banjo & Kazooie are more likely to be in a Smash direct. So I think Isaac will have to be in a regular direct or a trailer drop. (unless Sakurai intends to reveal 3 uniques in the last Smash direct, which to be fair could happen...)

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
So vergeben finally spoke.

He says he doesn't know any specifics. Apperently the direct leak from smashboards is wrong.
I think people proved that it was false already, but eh. All we know is that's he still doesn't know the specifics.
Has Vergeben ever known the specifics?

“Gen 7 Pokemon”
“Square Enix rep”
Didn’t know anything about Richter, Chrom, Dark Samus or King K Rool.

I’ll never understand why people put so much stock in what he/she says.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Has Vergeben ever known the specifics?

“Gen 7 Pokemon”
“Square Enix rep”
Didn’t know anything about Richter, Chrom, Dark Samus or King K Rool.

I’ll never understand why people put so much stock in what he/she says.
Yeah thats why I don't beleive most of them. I look at them but don't fully beleive them. Even while I like leakypanda and feel they may have a source about Skull kid as a boss I still think it could be wrong.

Sakurai is making sure there are no leaks. I doubt many people know the true roster, and anyone who does is keeping a tight lip. what people hear may be rumors or speculation. Or lucky guesses.

Top Bottom